• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Can't tell if sarcasm but w/e

ZSS:Snake is even or +1 Snake (if +1 Snake it's like a moderate +1 at best for him), Razer doesn't seem to know the MU too well. Dakpo was still playing pretty creatively though so it's all good, he just ****ed up a few times more than he should have and got punished by standard Snake **** XD

Tesh

Smash Hero
Even the most experience Snake in the MU still lost to a high level ZSS. I don't see how its snake's advantage.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I've actually sorta been considering putting together a combo video (ie I provide the clips and somebody makes me a combo video lul) cause I've done some fancy ****z in bracket. Hell at the last tournament I pulled a 3 stock 26% in GFs against TO Joe (and then I proceeded to lose the tournament :()

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Regarding juggling armor pieces, on stages where you begin on a platform, such as BF and PS1, you can drop down the platform, SH and throw 2 armor pieces upwards. Every time I attempt to perform it, the airdodge animation won't allow me to throw the second armor piece. Is there a specific way to do it?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You should be trying to instatoss, which is an airdodge-cancelling item toss.

So, just input an airdodge and then input an item toss right after. eg if you use default controls, L/R and then C-stick right after.

If that's what you've been trying, you're just screwing up the timing. Keep at it and you'll get it eventually.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
You should be trying to instatoss, which is an airdodge-cancelling item toss.

So, just input an airdodge and then input an item toss right after. eg if you use default controls, L/R and then C-stick right after.

If that's what you've been trying, you're just screwing up the timing. Keep at it and you'll get it eventually.
Thanks, and good job on that dominating 3 stock game vs To joe :grin:

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I'm not that good using all three items with zss. I can play very, very well with just one piece.

:pow:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Well thats tends to almost be where I am at in regards to suit pieces but you could try my crazy idea play 150 matches and work your way up from 1 suit piece every 50 games,

This will kinda help you learn to treat your suit pieces like rations that you must be careful with and make the most of them. Note I was definitely gonna do this mainly vs PR's since it might provide me the best benefit.

Mk *edit* so I watched Dakpos games with the Lucario and Falco and I have one question In the game 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqZJpB8vqcw&list=UUU3sL6PushrKi8Ar5ZPXSfQ

about 4 minutes in you down smashed the Lucario twice and then it looked like you timed your jab so that it hit him as soon as he was sent up flying. Were you trying to just get another downsmash off on him when he hit the ground like he was in the falling animation? or was it a tech chase or what ever?

Because that looked sick AF would be a nice change of pace vs some of the heavies that I get greedy for % when I get a downsmash.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I think I was the only ZSS to make bracket at Whobo 5
What gives ZSSssss

And on a scale of bad to fraudulent, rate my ZSS!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Everything about Whobo 5 was fraudulent lol

Your ZSS, MJG's Diddy, Vinny's Zelda, Espie's Jigglypuff, Gee-ness, M2K's '08 DDD, etc, etc, etc.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Kinda true, when I first began playing with ZSS I sometimes get punished and gimped from using downB. I started using it more cautiously now and I get punished way less than I did before.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
ZSS vs Metaknight:
This is ZSS's worse Matchup in my opinion; however, solutions are always present in every situation. You never want to be too close to Metaknight, since he can beat any option you can take. You should play Footsies with MK and try to poke him with your D-smash, Plasma whip, and Paralyzer. However, I'd use D-tilt more than D-smash since D-smash is slower than D-tilt hence can be punished more frequently and isn't as guaranteed as D-tilt. When MK uses nado on you, shield then Up-tilt OoS when the nado ends. Once MK is on the air, wrack up some damage with as many Up-airs as possible. When MK is gliding toward you or the stage, never feel discouraged to hit him with a F-air, the initial hit of F-air will clash with glide attack and the second hit will connect.
This method can be used as an edgeguard against Metaknight as proved by this video (time: 2:00):

Edit:
ZSS vs Falco:
First of all, you need to be careful with your suit pieces since Falco has a reflector. Remember that he can still use his reflector on your suit pieces while they're bouncing so that it causes a threat to you instead of him. Falco is prone to use his Lasers against you, forcing you to approach him. Just becareful of his grab, you can't DI out of it before 34% (iirc). Try getting a Dash attack > Up-tilt and keep him in the air, ZSS's aerial game is superior to Falco's. Catching Falco with D-smash is promising, since you can chain D-smash on a FF such as Falco, Fox, and Wolf, I'd usually go for 2xD-smash > 2xD-smash > 2xD-Smash > F-air which deals 83% damage if both hits of F-air connects (You can choose to use B-air, but I'd recommend F-air for extra damage if you can land it) D-tilt is a great option since it can't be punished if spaced correctly. If you get a D-smash on a Falco who has lost his SJR offstage, a footstool to edgehog (properly timed) is a guaranteed gimp. If he decides to recover with his Side B, you can try predicting his landing and punish it (either with a quick edgehog if he's aiming for the ledge or a D-smash if he's aiming for the stage).

If I can summarize this matchup, I'd say that it's about dealing with an annoying bird who jabs, lasers, and sideBs across the stage. It's annoying, just follow what I said and ask the top players (since they have more experience than I do) and you'll hopefully improve in the matchup.

Top Bottom