• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
So... Is Smashboards dead? I've been debating lately whether or not I should try (again) to get into the competitive scene, so I started pokin' around again... But there doesn't seem to be many active forums, except the Smash4 (boring) and P:M (not what I want) forums.
Also, Hi.
Also, I posted here because I was considering trying ZSS.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
After I say smashboards is dead, I get an instant response ><
Anyway, sounds good. You may (or may not) be seeing me then. :)

PEACE7

Smash Champion
How effective do you guys think nb is against MK? I personally don't find it too good but i would love to hear some thoughts on it.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I don't find that there are any uses for lasers that are particular to MK, but you use lasers against MK in the same ways as you do against most characters.

Which is mainly just zoning them out, or in supporting your approaches at mid-range if you need to approach for whatever reason
However since nado exists, if an MK can predict you using nB (or sideB) or just reacts early enough (especially to a charged nB) then he can nado to punish you. So don't make it a habit.

All in all I guess it's less useful against MK than most chars.

Also I hope to see the other ZSS mains start using laser locks on stages with platforms...it's so easy, you just edgeslip the opponent by hitting them off the platform (probably with bair/fair) and then laser them when they hit the ground and it forces a reset.
If you time the followup dsmashes correctly (not hard) you can hit them with 1 dsmash after the laser but before they start the get-up animation, but they won't get stunned from it. Then 2-3 more dsmashes after the get-up animation. It's a lot of damage lol.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Yea that's what i thought too, also yes that edgeslip lock is amazing i seen you do it to tojoe's MK on BF i believe.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I like using the back side of nair for it since I can yell "LYSOL" if I hit with it :)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah I saw Salem do it too. Dunno if it's real.
When I saw him do it I was like "huh, that makes sense, cause fair also works and both nair and fair are frame 6"

But looking at the frame data now I realize I was way off and nair is actually frame 10 (which explains a lot >.>) so....idk. I guess it's a decent mixup at best. But if you're gonna go for that you might as well just go for fair assuming they're at the right %s (which with MK is like....between 20 and 80%)

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
if you try to nair him after GR would you use the back side of nair or front I never got to see Salem do it lol.

also the edgeslip lock you were discussing any recommended moves you'd suggest for it? ( I think I've seen you do it with fair but I myself have noticed some other moves that work how however I was only mentally kicking my self going ,"ahh damn i coulda forced the get up" instead of paying attention to what caused it...)

man I should really just wait till I see you Friday to go over stuff xD.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
You should try using Lysol, it works I swear!

99.9% effective, but you gotta use the back side

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Well so far the only match UPS I'd like to spray a can of Lysol is vs marth god damn fair . I ****ing hate that move so much lol. I must have died like 30 times to various Marth's because their fair destroyed my laser and then they hit me while,I was recovering :(.

after marth I guess hmmm nevermind I was so blinded by my hatred for marth fair that I forgot the others xD.
random question since there is only like 5 ppl registered for Pokemon cards (at apex) I might enter is there a place near the venue that I can buy a deck?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
My memory may be tricking me, but I think he also did something like Triple Dsmash to buffer turnaround Bair.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
My memory may be tricking me, but I think he also did something like Triple Dsmash to buffer turnaround Bair.
For that I kinda feel like he might have read a spot/air dodge and Dsmashed so the last ending frames of the first down smash would hit giving a bit more time by the end of the third one, To be honest I'm not sure about it. However depending on how he would be positioned it's possible to not have enough time.. (although stun duration is based on %).

can you link a video anyone can see exactly what happens? I'd search for my self but I'm on a crappy mobile for that .

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So I went and checked that video and saw the GR-> nair which was cool, also in regards to the triple Dsmash ya definitely had enough time with how close he was positioned to him by the third dsmash.

I found it interesting Salem tried to up b spike nairo From so far away while he was recovering low that would have been sweet.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Pretty sure triple dsmash bair doesn't work but I could be wrong. Uair works though and that's only a 4 frame difference though so maybe

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Lol, I've seen that set twice already. Just cause Salem got it on Nairo doesn't mean it works, maybe Nairo wasn't pressing airdodge. It does look like he could have airdodged that

Tesh

Smash Hero
^this is true, sometimes when people know you have a guaranteed hit on them, they are so focused on DI that you can get a little something more before they can react.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
zero suits i accidentally did a thing and now i have samus merch that im selling at conventions and i regret nothing
o ^ o /

Top Bottom