• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'm not talking about trolling, Thio's dead serious when he posts.
I mean, you would have stopped coming here if you think he's harsh.
Or am I?

I consider every person I turn away from using ZSS in competition a person spared the experience of trying to get better at a character like three people actually understand how to play and still can only do marginally well with.

@Dazwa: Tact is boring, especially in the face of this:

I don't recall ever saying zss was garbage in all honest she just feels like a character that requires sexy precision so that you can proceed to dismantle your enemies.
I might be ridiculous - I AM ridiculous - but I'm not silly enough to read posts and just assume that people are talking about what I think. I just insert my thoughts everywhere I want because I can and I get bored at work.

SSB4 getting bigger coverage would be great, but Nintendo's support stance would have to change for that to happen.

EDIT:

:dazwa:

OK in the edit box I see Dazwas face but I dont see it in the post.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Go into training, play with Mr Saturns for a while to learn item control first.

The most important part of a piece game is regaining control of pieces you lose or misplace on the stage.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
thio im gonna prove you wrong >:C

just u watch
I like that attitude XD Let us achieve Zss greatness "one day" lol

Go into training, play with Mr Saturns for a while to learn item control first.

The most important part of a piece game is regaining control of pieces you lose or misplace on the stage.
Mmm I like the sound of that something to do to help prepare me against V115's item Onslaught when we do ditto's . Legit I have to throw away some pieces cause he's far better at stage control with them.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I haven't been here for a while since I've been focusing on playing Melee and PM lately (so feel free to slowpoke.jpeg me to death).

Was curious if any of you guys had any "WTF" opinions on Keitaro beating Salem? I was almost as shocked when he beat M2K at Apex.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Well it makes perfect sense that he lost then, that MU is absolute cheeks. I learned MK specifically for Falco (And later Diddy Kong).

fkacyan

Smash Hero
... Keit's not a top player. I'm dead serious when I say I'd be willing to MM his Falco or Diddy for $20+ with full confidence I would win, and I've played fewer than twenty matches of Brawl in the last year.

The ZSS / Falco matchup is absolute GARBAGE for ZSS is Falco camps lasers / reflectors. Pieces are even more difficult to utilize because of the way the downB lingers and she can't really use her air game at all. On the ground she really has no way to deal with Falco's jab.

Falco has a ****ty time killing but because he can force the approach almost the entire match a lot of ZSS's spacing tools can't be used in an advantageous fashion and he can get in on her when she tries to.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
He is actually really boss at the MU, everyone has their off days so i guess that might of been his not trying to discredit Keitaro or anything of that sort btw.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You can be REALLY boss at Ganon v Marth in Melee. Doesn't mean that the MU isn't ****.

also, I have trouble taking that seriously since Shadow's 2day Falco that I was threestocking the night before took a dookie on Salem the second he remembered how bad her recovery was, lol

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Shadow has had extensive hours of Snakeee practice so he knows how ZSS works pretty well. And I do understand that Falco is a ****ty MU for ZSS but that does not mean that its impossible we do have our own tools to deal with the MU. It can also be a style thing I'm not quite sure but I do remember seeing somewhere that Salem did 3stock Larry's falco in a money match before. But than again I'm not sure how much ZSS practice larry has had in the past.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Even standing lasers can hit her when she's crawling, it just very rarely happens. It depends entirely on the alignment of the laser hitbox and ZSS' hurtbox when it passes over her.

Tesh

Smash Hero
lasers can hit you guys when crawling? thats crazy

even the silent laser goes over spindash and that looks way taller than ZSS crawling, she doesnt even look like standing lasers should hit her.

btw keitaro is pretty good, im sure he could be considered high level in some matchups as he has taken some pretty good names down recently.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Grounded/Silent lasers cannot hit ZSS while she's crawling, unless she's crawling at and towards the edge of the stage/platform.
It hits her ducking though.
Also, I wanna MM Keitaro too. That match set... different... to say the least.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Grounded/Silent lasers cannot hit ZSS while she's crawling, unless she's crawling at and towards the edge of the stage/platform.
Yeah that's when they hit me, at the edge. That might be why

pichuthedk

Smash Lord

Hmmm ok I will have to just retreat and advance In the future I guess Cause I'm Sure as hell it looked like Poke was timing the lasers to hit me. However I was at the edge of the stage cause I had a lead and wanted to force him to approach or do that drop off laser crap.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Shadow has had extensive hours of Snakeee practice so he knows how ZSS works pretty well.
So... People who know the MU will wreck her? Maybe that's why Salem never plays friendlies with anybody! {/sarcasm}

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So... People who know the MU will wreck her? Maybe that's why Salem never plays friendlies with anybody! {/sarcasm}
I kinda Wish I could start to do that , Well I even tried but hell it's to late after what feels like over 1000 friendlies between smash fests everyone knows D:.
I will only try to do something about my weakness of mixups.
....If only it were possible to make weakness's strengths all the time lol.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
I'm telling you guys ZSS grab is so amazing at long range and specially when someone is trying to get back onstage when at the ledge, I get so much percent from grabs it also ***** rolls like no tomorrow. And if you grab Snake out of his cypher you can drop down sideB and it should always land i believe.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The end of ZSS's grab does have deceptive range, but whiffing it lets people land anything sans Falcon / Warlock Punch or Ganon's utilt. High risk / low reward.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
@Peace: What if your opponent does a regular get up from the ledge where he/she can still have about a few frames of invincibility?

:pow:

Top Bottom