• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
imo, he would be like a very strong example of the minimalist playstyle once he cleans up a couple of combos for more guaranteed. I died when he full jab stringed the marth after dsmashing him lol

He should have Baired imo :p

But yea I was fascinated by the use of Bair to bait Dolphin slash. It's actually a pretty concrete example of why I advocate working off of Bair so much against characters like ICs and Olimar. it's like Marth's Fair but requiring much more precision on the ZSS's part. But all things being equal, at some level it might be worth to give yourself that landing option as a trade for having one less kill option, especially against characters that you have other viable kill options due to dsmash connecting to Fair 2 or plasma whip or uair or Grab > pummel pummel > air release > aerial or Flip jump kick spike/late hitbox etc

Tesh

Smash Hero
sakasaka looks like a smart player who doesn't main ZSS, and thats fine.

I never said choco wasn't good, I and many others got hyped hearing about a ZSS fresh off of wifi getting 2nd at a tournament beating 9B and when I saw him play, I was expecting someone as fast and technical as Salem (just look at japanese MKs), so obviously i was disappointed.

Salem is still clearly the one and only with that level of control over the character.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
pro tip- triple down smash then wait for air dodge punish for maximum damage at High percents! guaranteed combo...100% legit

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah I go for that sometimes but I screw up the positioning and miss the bair XD. I find it doesn't work if you stay on the ground, you have to jump immediately to bait the airdodge...at least against the people I play

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Yeah I go for that sometimes but I screw up the positioning and miss the bair XD. I find it doesn't work if you stay on the ground, you have to jump immediately to bait the airdodge...at least against the people I play
Or you can just let us kill ourselves.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Not exactly sure what CT means, other than that Zero, M2K, and Salem all have it. I honestly don't know Salem in person, so I can't judge his attitude. Although I have seen a lot of people argue with him online which is kinda weird.​
...In other news, I got my @$$ handed today by Prey Aran, a ridiculously good Wifi ZSS. Managed to strip 2 stocks off of him, indicating I did much better than I thought. Hopefully I'll focus on improving now that exams are over.​

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Bair generally. But yeah bair fair2 sideB and to a lesser extent, uair, are all great kill moves. You shouldn't have trouble killing with her at all unless you're staling all your kill moves for whatever reason.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Yeah Bair is generally the best. Though in the long run, sideB is more reliable for mixing up w/ SH mindgames and just racking up damage, then make Team Rocket go blasting off at high percentages.

One major tip: avoid making dash attacking a habit.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The smartest decision Salem has made thus far: He doesn't friendly people with his ZSS.

and more people don't use ZSS because she sucks and even Salem isn't consistent with her.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
^ Couldn't help but agree with you there.

Though I don't think ZSS "sucks". She just needs to remain unpredictable throughout the entire match and she's cool.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Thanks!

I'm surprised more people don't use her, especially after Apex. What's the best way to kill - side b?
Surprised people don't use her? You are like the 50th person that has said "omg salem da besss so aweesummm gotta use hurrr."
trust me, she skyrocketed in popularity.

Tesh

Smash Hero
zairs are so broken that they were only given to bad characters

Tesh

Smash Hero
only pit and bowser appear to show any new moves

i assume mario's fludd will be gone, but all the moves they showed were the same, link's up b and fsmash, fair, arrow

some of these thing are iconic, but some could have been changed and they arent

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Early stages of development, anything can happen. Remember when brawl was first shown with Melee Mechanics ? I'm hyped for Villager

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It's waaaaaaaaaaaay too early, so we can complain as much as we feel like (even if it's completely uncalled for) and it won't matter. Right?

Tesh

Smash Hero
dont see why they would take zss out, that would suck because it looks like samus still sucks

zss wont be the only girl in tight pants next time though, better watch out

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I literally dreamed with a Yoshi/Waluigi simultaneous announcement last night

Top Bottom