• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Can Chaingrab!

Mmac

Smash Lord
Hello, so Small story, I was just chaingrabbing with Yoshi one day, and then thought "Hmmm... maybe other characters too...." So I called a friend and we tested, and we figured out that ZSS can chaingrab everyone Yoshi can! (Except Falco and Sonic).

How you do the Chaingrab is the same as Yoshi's. Just grab, release, Run and dash grab, repeat.

However there's a few strings that ZSS has when Chaingrabbing.

1) If your Grab Jabbing while the character your grabbing releases, that character releases to the ground, breaking the chain.

2) Some of the characters which I called "Resisters" can release to the ground instead to the air by not attempting to escape (Ie. not rotating the Control Stick or Pressing Buttons). These characters are marked by a "*".

Anyways, here's the list of who ZSS can Chaingrab:

- MK
- Bowser*
- Ganondorf*
- Squirtle (Can be both Forwared, and Infinited)
- Charizard*
- Pikachu (Kinda hard)
- Diddy*
- C. Falcon*
- Lucas
- Wario (Infinite)
- Ike*
- DK* (HARD!)
- Dedede* (HARDER!)
- Link*
- ZSS* (Time Paradox! Though Rather Hard)

The infinites are done by just doing a Standing Grab after the release. You gotta time the grab on Wario though.

I think you can follow up with a Dash Usmash on some of the character also. I didn't test that, but MK, Ganondorf, Squirtle, and Wario are probably the ones you can do it to. Anyways happy grabbing!

smaci92

Smash Lord
Ya I already knew this, but maybe it will help others too! ZSS can foward grab chaingrab metaknight...but it eventually won't work because metaknight will catch on and just do a second wing flap before touching the ground, causing the chaingrab to be ruined...however, it does work against cpu metaknights

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Drop infinites work with most tall characters on shorter characters. Forward-throw chain grabbing was discovered a long time ago.

IDK

Smash Lord
i've read this in multiple places but don't really get it. could i get a vid please?

Snakeee

Smash Master
This sounds awesome, but maybe too good to be true (like a couple of other things people have claimed to work with ZSS). I'm going to have to test it out.
I guess I'm slow on the uptake on this one because I honestly haven't heard about it before.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I dunno about a regrab, but wario will fall into a really nice position for an upsmash. you might be able to turn around and bair him too, but I am less confident about that.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I don't see the regrab in that video. Or maybe I'm just not getting the concept or why this is in the old ZSS chaingrab thread.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I see several points where if the Wario had been jamming the X button, he would have gotten out. Instead, he was trying to attack you/DI out.

Taxi

Smash Cadet
I see several points where if the Wario had been jamming the X button, he would have gotten out. Instead, he was trying to attack you/DI out.
Ha ha I will try that next time (was the guinea pig). I know those videos look like Ryoko was beating the crap out of me , but in my defense Ryoko is a far better player than me and I play like a drunken rabbi who just dropped his last penny. Wait how does that defend me at all.....

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
need to try it out, but could wario have not just air-dodged/spotdodged, DIed away, if not your right, wario really got shafted

Taxi

Smash Cadet
need to try it out, but could wario have not just air-dodged/spotdodged, DIed away, if not your right, wario really got shafted
I really don't think so. I mean, I am not Azen or whatever, but I understand the basics of DI and air-dodging. I tried DI'ing every possible direction, as well as dodging and attacking, but the only time I seemed to get out was when Ryoko made a mistake. Its not as bad as it seems however, as wario probably has the best tools to avoid getting grabbed in the first place. Still a big boon for ZSS though.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Airdodging wouldn't work because he'd come out of the dodge upon landing, and he's big enough the grab would still get him. He can't spotdodge because he can't reach the ground in time. He has to jump, otherwise he has no chance of escape.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Wow, I forgot about this. I tested all of these with Jump Man before I posted them to be sure that they work. However I didn't know that ZSS had a better CG, so our effort with... oh.... almost every character is wasted :(

Yes, if ZSS Times it right, Wario can't escape. If you time it right, Wario won't be able to react in time to avoid getting grabbed. Double Jumping is the best way to get away, if ZSS is slightly off. Also you can't add DI when you escape from a grab, so trying to DI is completely pointless

And remember, you can do the same thing to Squirtle, except much easier

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
From what I can tell, Squirtle doesn't regain control until just before hitting the ground.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Ok as someone (Vanz) pointed out to me, if you d-smash Wario with the very top of the hitbox after a grab release it will hit. Then you can regrab, and this won't count as a standing infinite :)

EDIT: This doesn't work quite right. The second time you d-smash him he doesn't get stunned. But, if the infinite is allowed , you can still do this the first time for extra damage if you mess up at some point of it.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ok as someone (Vanz) pointed out to me, if you d-smash Wario with the very top of the hitbox after a grab release it will hit. Then you can regrab, and this won't count as a standing infinite :)
Actually, standing infinites are rarely, if ever banned.

Top Bottom