• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

** ZP BRAWL MONTHLIES!! ** Next Date 2/6/10 ** Waft Oli & R@vyn Taking Teams!?!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
It doesn't really affect me, but since I'd like for there to be a big turn-out it may be best to have it on the 10th (if I had to choose between this and Gigs, though, I'd choose this :)).

:069:

Curaga

Smash Ace
It interferes with Gigs which I'll be attending so I won't be driving any CFL down, and there is a Tekken tournament the following day so I will not be up for driving 4 hours back and trying to get sleep in time to be trained for that.

However, it seems that SFL's current attitude to coming to CFL is .. starting to become negative? If this is because of Gigs, then someone should just tell me so RXgaming can host monthly tournaments?

Anyway, the 10th works out much better for me.

Master Raven

Smash Master
The 17th is fine, I wouldn't be able to go on the 10th anyways since I'm going to a friend's house for some events that day.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
do whatever lee. enjoy life.

now who wants to MM! if u want to win or lose money come to me ;)

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
been playin brawl with sasha a little bit.

might make a comeback at this so my confidence in this game can be shot again.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Can we figure out if this will be changed and to what day its going to be changed to?

17th is Gigs, you can do it then, but you'd lose a lot of cfl attendees
3rd has nothing.

Coffee™

I need it....
These are the pics from this and the previous tournament. Sry for taking so long to upload em. You can click on the images to make them bigger

Master Raven

Smash Master
Wow I look stupid as hell in the only pic I'm in. I look like I'm sleep-playing. Is that what Brawl does?!

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Very high chance that I'll come...trying to convinve my dad to let me bring my Wii. I'll also bring my new 4 GB SD card, any match that is not recorded on my wii that I was in could be copied there (I still have my old 512 SD card for my hacks). I might also bring a friend.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Ugh idk, very likely that'll be a no. Going to ZP is still up to my mom (already got my sister's fiance to take me if she sais yes. he's a gamer, not a smasher, but a gamer) they'll more than likely say choose one or the other. If i do come, though, will there be recorded matches? Also, idk how smashfests work exactly : /

MnM

Smash Journeyman
Ugh idk, very likely that'll be a no. Going to ZP is still up to my mom (already got my sister's fiance to take me if she sais yes. he's a gamer, not a smasher, but a gamer) they'll more than likely say choose one or the other. If i do come, though, will there be recorded matches? Also, idk how smashfests work exactly : /
you just go to the place and play all you want with people. it's just practicing, playing, and having fun with other smashers.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
you just go to the place and play all you want with people. it's just practicing, playing, and having fun with other smashers.
I live about an hr away. I'm only 14, so that's a big problem with my mom. She's heavily against me trying to be a smasher who wants to win money. She's so against it you wouldn't understand : /. The only people who can take me are my dad, and next ZP, my sister's fiance, but with these tournaments, the only way to get my mom to say yes is after a long argument after springing it on her at the last minute. She is sooooooooo anti Oni wanting to become a pro/semi pro. My last tourney was ZP #1, and that's my third tournament I've played in. My first and second ones were last march :O I really wish I could do this whole traveling smasher thing, but I can't do it if my mother doesn't support it. It somewhat pisses me off.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Try to convince her. I had to bring up that argument with my parents on numerous occasions.

If that doesn't work, take it slowly. Your mom will eventually start to let you go to more if you show a great interest in participating in tournies. It may take a while (it took me about 10 months; I was basically 100% restricted to the will of my parents until I got my license), but she'll start to trust us more.

Don't worry. If you persevere, it'll work out. ;)

:069:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'm not longer going to this. My homecoming and SATs are on this day. Going to the melee one instead. Sorry folks

Top Bottom