• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I love when she just plays piano and sings <3
she does that with several songs lately. While none of them are as good at the piano as "Speechless", when she's live she has been known to play "Hair", "You and I" and "Edge of Glory" as if they were piano balads.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I like You and I a lot, and Speechless is very good too. Not a fan of Edge of Glory and Ive never heard Hair. Then again Im not the hugest gaga follower. Shes certainly interesting though.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Hello Zeldaboards! New to the site but I hope to do great things and

LIGHTNING KICK HYAAAAAAAAHHHHh~!!!~~!!1
hi hi and welcome!
Can't wait XD

I play alot of Zelda and after watching some of these online matches I cant help but notice theres almost no use of my favorite move: The wonderful world of Disney---U-tilt! which is a really powerful finisher... I see the punishment potential, but is that the only reason its never used?

I dunno. I like the move...
i like Utilt, but i rarely find myself in a situation where i actively remember it except rarely.

funny thing is when i do remember i have it i just try and trick people into it and usually take an unecessary hit or two :c
We just watched the first four episodes of Darker than Black. ITS SO GOOD HOLY CRAP.
didnt we tell you it was?
I like You and I a lot, and Speechless is very good too. Not a fan of Edge of Glory and Ive never heard Hair. Then again Im not the hugest gaga follower. Shes certainly interesting though.
i havent heard You and I yet. but i like Hair and Speechless is my favorite song from Gaga

zeldspazz

Smash Master
didnt we tell you it was?
Yes but you never know

i havent heard You and I yet. but i like Hair and Speechless is my favorite song from Gaga
You and I is a very good song.

-------------------------------------------

On an unrelated note, I've started to work out A LOT lately. Getting ready for varsity XC and varsity swimming this year. Thought Ive done sports my whole life I've never actually trained or worked out before, and I'm starting to lag behind. :c So I've been starting to train really hard :bee:

Right now everyday I do:

-40minutes of running, which right now I'm averaging a little over 4 miles per run (Running at approximately 6mph, while my goal is to be able to run at 9mph for 40minutes, puting my 3 mile time at under 20minutes)

-50 pushups (5 sets of 10)

-60 situps

I will be adding in pullups soon for some arm workouts as well!

Do any of you have any suggestions for workouts or anything to help me? Im aiming to look like the guy in my profile picture....:awesome:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
On an unrelated note, I've started to work out A LOT lately. Getting ready for varsity XC and varsity swimming this year. Thought Ive done sports my whole life I've never actually trained or worked out before, and I'm starting to lag behind. :c So I've been starting to train really hard :bee:

Right now everyday I do:

-40minutes of running, which right now I'm averaging a little over 4 miles per run (Running at approximately 6mph, while my goal is to be able to run at 9mph for 40minutes, puting my 3 mile time at under 20minutes)

-50 pushups (5 sets of 10)

-60 situps

I will be adding in pullups soon for some arm workouts as well!

Do any of you have any suggestions for workouts or anything to help me? Im aiming to look like the guy in my profile picture....:awesome:
I used to run XC for my highschool. I was never super exceptional, just good. . . probably due to lack of effort more than anything else really. In any case, I managed to keep a steady 6 minute mile pace and run a 5K in just over 18 minutes. (now my little sister runs 5Ks in just over 17 minutes though, making me feel inadequet)

Anyway, I wouldn't really recomend arm workouts much, they do very little for your speed and give you extra weight to cary around when you run. Keeping your arms toned is fine, but performing much bulking to them is a bad idea.

Ab excercizes are good to improve the stapbility of your core but, again, you want to cut out fat in your torso, but not start accumulating muscle beyond "healthy Tone" to be good at XC.

From your butt down, however, work yourself like a horse. Pick your "slow" day of the week and put in at least 10 easy miles that day. Run at mid distance most days (5 or 6 miles). And at least once a week, get in some speed work for about 3 miles.

Alternatively, on some other days you can get in some "atypical" runs. Such as track work (repeated sprints and jogs to work on your end-race burst). Hill work . . . because it's important unless you live in flatlands. And you can even add in weight room excercizes for your legs every once in a while.

..... and I suppose you can take one day off a week too . . . if you want :ohwell: you slacker.

As for having a proper runner's diet. Get enough calories, but make sure you are aware of what you are eating at what time. i.e. complex carbs are a MUST for the day before a race but are VERBOTEN the day OF a race. . . Oh and hydrate hydrate hydrate

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I used to run XC for my highschool. I was never super exceptional, just good. . . probably due to lack of effort more than anything else really. In any case, I managed to keep a steady 6 minute mile pace and run a 5K in just over 18 minutes. (now my little sister runs 5Ks in just over 17 minutes though, making me feel inadequet)

Anyway, I wouldn't really recomend arm workouts much, they do very little for your speed and give you extra weight to cary around when you run. Keeping your arms toned is fine, but performing much bulking to them is a bad idea.

Ab excercizes are good to improve the stapbility of your core but, again, you want to cut out fat in your torso, but not start accumulating muscle beyond "healthy Tone" to be good at XC.

From your butt down, however, work yourself like a horse. Pick your "slow" day of the week and put in at least 10 easy miles that day. Run at mid distance most days (5 or 6 miles). And at least once a week, get in some speed work for about 3 miles.

Alternatively, on some other days you can get in some "atypical" runs. Such as track work (repeated sprints and jogs to work on your end-race burst). Hill work . . . because it's important unless you live in flatlands. And you can even add in weight room excercizes for your legs every once in a while.

..... and I suppose you can take one day off a week too . . . if you want :ohwell: you slacker.

As for having a proper runner's diet. Get enough calories, but make sure you are aware of what you are eating at what time. i.e. complex carbs are a MUST for the day before a race but are VERBOTEN the day OF a race. . . Oh and hydrate hydrate hydrate
Oh wow thanks the advice!

The thing is, I really need to put on the muscle for swimming, since that is my main sport. XC is acting as a conditioner for that since swimming is a winter sport here. However I was looking for just toned and healthy anyway, I'm a really scrawny kid so I do need SOME muscle development. I do get what you're saying tho, and don't worry Im not going to be of weight lifting status after I do this haha.

Ok, Ill try to get in 5 miles today when I go for my run, because i usually average around 3 or 4 now. Also, regular XC practices start soon so I'm excited to see their workouts!

Hydrating and eating correctly now :bee:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Man, everyone's trying to get back in shape these days huh? I'm tryigto get back into football shape just because I've been having chest pains and such. 2 weeks of self conditioning and then I start the insanity workout.

:phone:

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I had some minor heart surgery back in March so I was out of sports for the spring so I need to get back into varsity shape! And Im kinda self-conscious about how small I am (funny because most people would probably be that way about being overweight) so I want to feel better you know?

Do you know what was causing your chest pains?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Causes are likely a combo of naturally high blood pressure, heart problems on my dad's side, and mostly out of shape. Kinda lame but the more I keep at this, the better I'll feel. Played some football today and felt great! Still aches though lol.

Man, even minor heart surgery sounds crazy!

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Who would make such a wretched thing?

Just stopping in to say I have worked with the homeless and don't eat meat :)

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I need to lose 30 lbs.

anyone wanna help cheer me on in this goal?
I will :D Ill cheer you on if you cheer me on ;D
Jking ill cheer you on either way

Causes are likely a combo of naturally high blood pressure, heart problems on my dad's side, and mostly out of shape. Kinda lame but the more I keep at this, the better I'll feel. Played some football today and felt great! Still aches though lol.

Man, even minor heart surgery sounds crazy!

Oh I see I have a history of heart problems on my mom's side too. That's good that you felt good today, and there'll always be aches when you first get started again! The surgery wasnt a big deal, just some overactive electrical pulses that caused my heart race to get too high at random times so they had to go in and fix it haha. It wasnt open heart or anything, just some touching up :p

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Already said it on FB, but:

Happy Birthday Bobby!!

.......I dunno if you even still check this thing lol.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Happy Birthday Bobby :D

And omg. My wii just like exploded for the second time in a month and my SD card is now corrupt so I had to format it ;___; Aaaaaaaaaaah

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
Hi Zeldas.

I haven't been here in a while. Been kickin' it with Peach for the past couple of months :p.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Woah 3x, haven't seen ya in a good minute. How's it?

@Kaylo: true! Welp, I'm lining up a few jobs when I head back to school. With any luck, I'll have money for sure to make it. It'll be awesome to meet ya at last as well as any other Zeldas!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'd wish I could go APEX, but I have no money (and this carreer takes it away even faster)...

Top Bottom