• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
That was my first reaction too. They're going for the cutesy looks this time, I get it, but it's not working for me. I mean, all the previous reincarnations of Zelda have either been young, childlike girls or beautiful, womanly ladies. This sort of in-between version of her... it just doesn't feel right.

Also, I liked brunette Zelda better.
I liked brunette zelda too! I agree I think the cutesy appeal has been there and done that. I was hoping they'd go for a more victorian/houghton/moving tapestry type feel - something a little similar to Ico. oh well you win some you lose some :chuckle: this game does look really good!

@qB[: request noted :awesome: but it'll have to wait until tomorrow as I need the sleeps.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
It seems SWF is back in working order again after Zelda destroyed it with her magic to prevent us from degrading her any more.

I wonder why she got so mad?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Also, here's what Zelda looks like in Skyward Sword:

Unless if that's some other character that just happens to look a lot like Zelda.
This is so much WIN!!!

EDIT: *looks at previous post* I swear, you guys are doing this just to troll me....

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Oh god the duckface...

That was my first reaction too. They're going for the cutesy looks this time, I get it, but it's not working for me. I mean, all the previous reincarnations of Zelda have either been young, childlike girls or beautiful, womanly ladies. This sort of in-between version of her... it just doesn't feel right.

Also, I liked brunette Zelda better.
me too i love brunette Zelda! but at least this ones cute enough to buy the game for.

Seriously. Maybe the most interesting looking JRPG in years on any platform and you're telling me there's a chance for it not to get localised? You've gotta be kidding me!
at least it doesnt belong to bamco, if it did it probably wouldnt have a chance at localization.

Does their age difference really seem that big to you? From what I've seen I'd consider them to be nearly (or exactly) the same age and a bit younger than the Link of Twilight Princess.
thats what i was thinking. how does she look so much younger than Link?

Edit: Also, here's a free mp3 download of orchestrated Zelda music played during the E3 conference in case anyone's interested:
http://www.zreomusic.com/2011/06/07/e3-2011-legend-of-zelda-overture-remastered
ooo thanks for this
and we're back. presenting:

super duckface obliteration :chuckle:

this interpretation was inspired by chav drinking culture and reaches out to everyone. It's so Wii-U friendly who could resist?

nintendo hiremeplz
lololol
This is so much WIN!!!

EDIT: *looks at previous post* I swear, you guys are doing this just to troll me....
even more lolols

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
thats what i was thinking. how does she look so much younger than Link?
Link looks more or less the same age as he did in TP . . . a little younger maybe, but not a whole lot . . . just more cartoony.

Zelda looks noticably younger than link to me.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Don't you mean

?

==================

Love the dash face Zelda. <3

Also from the looks of it Link looks about as old as he was in TP while Zelda looks a few years younger than TP. Maybe it's because she looks a bit cartoony and is still the same age as in TP. Dunno.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Also from the looks of it Link looks about as old as he was in TP while Zelda looks a few years younger than TP. Maybe it's because she looks a bit cartoony and is still the same age as in TP. Dunno.
It all depends on the time placement for the game itself.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Zelda might not start as a princess, she looks like a farm girl. ...or duckface.

I like both blond and brunette Zelda but Link has to have redish brown hair like the original art shows.

Check out the graphics on the breif Zelda teaser at 5:16
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-nintendo/715586
I want to plat THAT Zelda game!
Pretty sure they all said that wasn't a real game. Just a brief mock-up to show you how a Zelda game COULD work on the Wii-U

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Bet it can't be on the PSP like FFIX is on my PSP. :p

Looks like my Wii is safe for another season of Zelda Awesome-ness.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I can't wait to play Wii U to see if Controller is annoying or amazing...

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Well then Kyokoro you'll have to tell me how it is.

Also glad that I'll still be able to play another LoZ game, which of course I figured was gonna be on the Wii. Mostly because the Wii U wasn't mentioned yet before Skyward Sword was. XD

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Lol there is no sarcasm in my voice.
I actually do want one now.

:phone:
I was afraid of that . . . but, then again, it looks pretty awesome for being FREE I suppose.
(well . . . free with the purchase of a $250 system . . . but it could be worse, you could be buying a Vita)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Vita looks terrible.
It's like PlayStation doesn't realize that they released a handhelled which is essentially trying to compete with the DS . . . which is 7 years old.

"Sony. We're like nintendo, but 5 years late"

@ Kyokoro:

LOVE your new avatar . . . but how couldn't I? It demands that I do.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I love you SO MUCH right now.
I feel so loved! :love:

I liked brunette zelda too! I agree I think the cutesy appeal has been there and done that. I was hoping they'd go for a more victorian/houghton/moving tapestry type feel - something a little similar to Ico. oh well you win some you lose some :chuckle: this game does look really good!
ICO-styled Zelda would be amazing. So amazing actually, that if one were to come out I think I might become blind from the sheer amount of epic and style contained within. Hell, even fanart of the combination might be enough to cause that.

Link looks more or less the same age as he did in TP . . . a little younger maybe, but not a whole lot . . . just more cartoony.
Are we talking about the Link seen in the concept art, or the one seen in the gameplay? 'Cause with the former I totally agree that Link looks a lot older than Zelda. With the latter... not really.

It all depends on the time placement for the game itself.
IIRC, they've confirmed that the Skyward Sword is the earliest game in the Zelda timeline.

Pretty sure they all said that wasn't a real game. Just a brief mock-up to show you how a Zelda game COULD work on the Wii-U
Yep, it's essentially the same thing as Link vs Ganondorf tech demo for the old Gamecube.

Still looks amazing though.

I was debating on if I should get a 3DS, but now I know that I will definitely be getting one.
That Pokedex 3D sounds amazing.
Pokedex 3D is pretty cool since it finally brings Pokemon to the real world. In other words, it is the first step towards a future where ten year olds run away from home to fight against gods using various birds and bugs.

Don't know about you, but I can't wait.

"Sony. We're like nintendo, but 5 years late"
Replace 5 with 4 and you got yourself a description of PlayStation Move.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

Beluina

Smash Apprentice
No Ed! Stay true to your team!!!

Freaking ponies...

I'm not good at Brawl, but I still enjoy playing and maining Zelda.
Like, I'll get motivated to do better, then I stop being motivated after I play a couple games... -.-
It's aight though, the community's what I'm in it the most for. :]

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Also, I was bored . . . so I made myself into a pony:
That doesn't look the least bit like you...

I think that's the main reason for most of the people here & in tournaments.

And my personal favorite so far:
http://i.imgur.com/BhYHo.gif

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
That doesn't look the least bit like you...
Well, I didn't have a whole lot of options for building a male pony. So I just built one, made it look like a standard male unicorn and chose the colours, cutie mark and facial expression to represent my likes/personality.

Ain't he cute?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
No Ed! Stay true to your team!!!

Freaking ponies...

I'm not good at Brawl, but I still enjoy playing and maining Zelda.
Like, I'll get motivated to do better, then I stop being motivated after I play a couple games... -.-
i get motivated..... then i remember i normally have no one good to play w/ and go "meh, back to fireballs and Fsmash"
Freakin Ponies have plagued not only the SA thread but the Zelda thread as well.

On that note I liked this video very much.

http://youtu.be/9_q0VwyiZpU
i like how Zelda is mentioned as the one you marry, not ****.

other than that vid was quick lol

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
So I finally moved to HD era today and bought a PS3 (or half a PS3 to be exact). Now, just in case something weird were to happen and I at some point had both the time and opportunity to use it, I'd like to get some games for it too. The problem is, even after narrowing the options down I'm having a lot of trouble deciding where to invest my money and would really appreciate if someone helped me decide.

And since you lot here generally tend to be rather knowledgeable about the gaming bizz, I'd like to hear your opinion. What do you think are the must-have games for PS3, as well as the underappreciated gems? I'm especially interested in hearing about some of the bit older games, since they tend to be rather cheap now and can keep me busy until the more recent titles have become cheap as well. Any genre except for sports is fine.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
So I finally moved to HD era today and bought a PS3 (or half a PS3 to be exact). Now, just in case something weird were to happen and I at some point had both the time and opportunity to use it, I'd like to get some games for it too. The problem is, even after narrowing the options down I'm having a lot of trouble deciding where to invest my money and would really appreciate if someone helped me decide.

And since you lot here generally tend to be rather knowledgeable about the gaming bizz, I'd like to hear your opinion. What do you think are the must-have games for PS3, as well as the underappreciated gems? I'm especially interested in hearing about some of the bit older games, since they tend to be rather cheap now and can keep me busy until the more recent titles have become cheap as well. Any genre except for sports is fine.
I hear Folklore and White Knight Chronicles is good from one of my friends. then theres Little big Planet which is so cute and fun.

I don't have a ps3 yet so i can't really recommend much, only what i want to buy when i do get one like Star Ocean: The Last Hope and Tales of Graces F

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Random, but has anyone seen the new Legend of Zelda: OOT 3D commercial yet? I quite liked it myself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINUfbLV_0M

I hear Folklore and White Knight Chronicles is good from one of my friends. then theres Little big Planet which is so cute and fun.

I don't have a ps3 yet so i can't really recommend much, only what i want to buy when i do get one like Star Ocean: The Last Hope and Tales of Graces F
LBP2 is definitely on my to-be-bought-at-some-point list, and if Tales of Graces F ever gets localised here I'll be getting it too. Folklore looked also very interesting, but I don't think it has been released in Europe (despite it having demo in PSN) and importing is just too much of a hassle for me right now. As for WKC and SO:TLH, I'd seriously like to buy them but with the less-than-stellar reviews and my limited money/time I think I'll skip them for now.

What I've gotten so far are Heavenly Sword, which despite being short is apparently rather good game (not to mention how cheap it was) and Valkyria Chronicles, which I've been interested in ever since it first came out. I've not had a chance to actually try either one out yet, though. :(

Top Bottom