• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
So true!

I wish I was any decent on WiFi but I'm so miserably bad on WiFi that there's not even a point to use it as MU experience training lol. At that point, I either theorycraft and apply, talk to C.J, or play with RedHalberd & Mampam.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good matches and punkin, Mocha! You did really well vs DDD; I might try Zelda vs him next time since he owns my other characters (Link/Wolf). Those hack backgrounds are super distracting! Of course, I'm speaking as someone w/o a hacked wii so :/ .

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Thanks guys! =D

Yeah the character/stage hax were made specifically for a Halloween-ish theme. Going to take them off after the Halloween uploads are done. Finishing up my last upload, then I'll put them up on the video thread. Still waiting on NL's permission too lol

*edit* And they're up

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
Cause Mocha begged me to put this up (I found it and showed it to her and she's already been putting it to use)...

Enjoy.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
lmao you really did go through with it. Thanks Diska <3

What happened in this gif is that Zelda's broken f-throw stage spikes on Rainbow Cruise, but you have to stand at that exact spot. I'll be posting this on our F-throw moveset discussion when it pops up. Diska and I were testing if other chars could do this too but Zelda seems to be the only one so far.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
It's because of the throw mechanics. Each throw has three properties: one hitbox to input damage, one hitbox to input trajectory (and usually the actual damage) and some other third thing. It's really dependable though. Zelda can do it because each character stays in the position grabbed by the character, and since Zelda is tall and with fthrow having a huge trajectory hitbox, the result is a stage spike because the character moves from the bottom of Zelda to whatever trajectory fthrow throws them.

And also the fact of that stage's design. There's a few glitches with those blocks.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Well as long as Snake doesn't have a nade out/some explosive that would interrupt them, if ICs get one grab and don't whiff anything, it's pretty much over with for him. Zelda actually can be infinite'd by ICs sadly.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Nope. It ends at like 300% actually! And not because of the rule saying you have to end it!

... not that that matters.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Lol 300%

Guys, had another tournament a few days ago.

Lost to this Wolf guy called KRDN (I think it was). Yet another foreign MU loss that I don't know much about. We played some friendlies afterwards and I did a bit better, but I'm still having a tricky time with the MU. Granted, it's not as bad as TL for me but yeah lol.

Then I won against ICs, yay. Did not get grabbed. Actually I think I did once but instantly got released cause I mashed like crazy lol. Then I lost to... RDASH, a pretty decent Pikachu main. Overall I don't have trouble with Pikachu but what gets me the most is the edgeguarding and getting knocked in the air without reacting fast enough to air dodge away from thunder or Nayru's Love. Also another bad habit of mine is I always DI with down air so that kills me as I get thunder'd lol.

I had some EPIC games with Gnes's Diddy in friendlies. He's a pretty nice guy too, and we laughed a lot in our matches because so many crazy things happened. I had fun glide tossing bananas and reflecting bananas while Love Jumping (it looks epic too haha). I wish I had saved some matches though... I always bring an SD card to tournies and almost never save anything. I should bring a sticky note and write in big letters 'MOCHA SAVE REPLAY'S and stick it on my forehead so I'll remember.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^That might have been KRDsonic's Wolf (@KRD now you have a reason to name search, lol), I can't think of any other 'KRD' Wolfs.
I'm learning Wolf but still suck with him.

Good stuff, Mocha.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Yeah I think that's who he was... KRD. Don't know why I thought there was an 'N' at the end but yeah xD

His Wolf was nice, but I feel like not knowing the MU is what hurt me the most. Wolf has this 'flow chart' about him between back air pressure to f-smash or another follow-up to mix in. I find his jab and f-tilt of all things, tricky to shield. And back air of course. To me it's like fighting a faster D3 who doesn't grab as much and has a better projectile. His Shine has also stopped a lot of my stuff, including my upsmash.

Oh and I think he had some Zelda MU experience under his belt iirc, because he used Sheik and had an understanding of how Zelda worked. So yeah that doesn't help xD

Decent player + Knows Zelda MU vs working to become decent player + Doesn't know Wolf MU = bad for me haha

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Lol 300%

Guys, had another tournament a few days ago.

Lost to this Wolf guy called KRDN (I think it was). Yet another foreign MU loss that I don't know much about. We played some friendlies afterwards and I did a bit better, but I'm still having a tricky time with the MU. Granted, it's not as bad as TL for me but yeah lol.

Then I won against ICs, yay. Did not get grabbed. Actually I think I did once but instantly got released cause I mashed like crazy lol. Then I lost to... RDASH, a pretty decent Pikachu main. Overall I don't have trouble with Pikachu but what gets me the most is the edgeguarding and getting knocked in the air without reacting fast enough to air dodge away from thunder or Nayru's Love. Also another bad habit of mine is I always DI with down air so that kills me as I get thunder'd lol.

I had some EPIC games with Gnes's Diddy in friendlies. He's a pretty nice guy too, and we laughed a lot in our matches because so many crazy things happened. I had fun glide tossing bananas and reflecting bananas while Love Jumping (it looks epic too haha). I wish I had saved some matches though... I always bring an SD card to tournies and almost never save anything. I should bring a sticky note and write in big letters 'MOCHA SAVE REPLAY'S and stick it on my forehead so I'll remember.
Against pika you gotta be careful with how you DI the move. If the pika is really good at reading your DI then sometimes it's best to not momentum cancel just so that you can avoid the thunder.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Exactly, and DI'ing without momentum canceling is not something I'm used to. Heck, even at early percents I make the mistake of trying to DI and it can sometimes mess me up and get me set up for being hit again. I guess I could try to work on DI in the most simple way, just need to get used to it. I could also try to DI with Nayru's Momentum Cancel too but if the Pika is smart he can bait the cooldown of that move and punish.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
nicely done mocha. how did you space against the ICs? i've heard they can spotdodge fsmash and grab her in the cooldown... if her player drops the controller :awesome:. i'm sure this can't happen when spaced? do you know if this is true???

edit: 13 guests viewing o.O

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
nicely done mocha. how did you space against the ICs? i've heard they can spotdodge fsmash and grab her in the cooldown... if her player drops the controller :awesome:. i'm sure this can't happen when spaced? do you know if this is true???

edit: 13 guests viewing o.O
Din's Fire for distant spacing. Helps to also learn how to time Din's to hit their ice blocks too, though I'd hardly worry about them unless they're up close and are fishing for your shield. Din's is also great for helping to separate the two, which is what I usually try to aim for. You can kill Nana really early with almost anything lol.

Up close is when things get iffy. NEVER EVER Upsmash or Down Smash near them, unless you're using Upsmash to punish landing, or you're CERTAIN D-Smash will hit but even so I would be careful. I actually tried stutter step F-smashing them so that I can be just out of reach of their grab attempt from my f-smash shield pressure. Also, they tried spot dodging my f-smash but kept getting hit. Down Smash is more useful for platforms against them imo, especially on SV's, that way even if they try to shield they can get pushed out of the platform to avoid you being grabbed.

Learn to be comfy on platforms, but watch out for their up air juggling. I actually don't like how I have to play this MU... makes me feel like a spammy wifi Zelda lol. But hey, it's better than being grabbed. Nair cancels are decent here too, or aerial cancels in general so that you can get away from them. I had to do this a lot when they CP'd me to FD because I had no platform to be safe on.

Also, most of my kills were lightning kicks. For some reason, I find them very easy to kick.

edit: lolwhut? Stalkers xD

Great stuff Mocha! I wanna see vids please next time lmao!!!

:phone:
Thanks! Will definitely try and save as many as I can for Lone Star Circuit tourney next week and Hobo 34 in December! : D

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The Pikachu was probably Leaf.
If he was salty and *****ing all match long, he definetly was Leaf.

I know a lot of TX players, I wish I could go sometime :c

Also, I need to learn the ICs matchup better....

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It was Leaf. He posted who he beat that tourney in PGD. :c

Randomly came through on my way to get some info for Smash Lab.... hi guys!

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
nice stuff Mocha... I know what you mean with that replay saving issue it just happened to me "today" T_T

I timed out my friend (who plays the best snake I've ever played) and I was like so excited and confused (?) because that happened that we skiped the results screen and like 10 seconds later I shouted FUUUUUUU I didn't save that replay!!!!!!

I thought there was no Kaylo anymore D: hi!!!

Top Bottom