• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
MES you have to keep in mind that's v1.0. Character panels were established a while ago to make a new chart.

Unless you simply wanted to discuss that version of it I suppose lol.

:rosalina:

:phone:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
^Does Peach cover Zelda's really bad MUs and vice-versa?
Peach covers all of Zelda's match-up including Zelda's better ones. And no, not vice versa.

I noticed a lot of Peach or Zelda mains like to use each other. Too bad my Peach is meh =P
I second Zelda and am taking her more seriously lately <3.

:053:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
v1.0 MU Chart.

My only response can possibly be AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In particular for me, the MU spreads for

Metaknight
Dedede
Pokemon Trainer
Zelda
Ganondorf

are my biggest issues.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It's kind of accutate.
The lower in the list, the lower accuracy it has.
Also, I think they do not consider stages at all...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Zelda should get worse matchups in the next chart. Makes the occasional with her that much sweeter.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

so what's everyone going as on halloween?

tempted to go as chucky or some other stalker

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Riot still exists, and so does ven, Linkz, Tsuteto, and likely a few more that I can't remember at the moment.

Man..... If I only didn't discover Zelda's DownB. At least I still use her lol.

Also GreyFox, Purple is AWESOME! That is all.

:phone:
I play only Zelda too :awesome: I can't do anything right with sheik and I'm not that confortable with her

I played Daisy (Daisy > Peach any day of the year) for a while but after so many games, Zelda started calling to me and I answered the call.
I have to agree with the part that says Daisy > Peach lol

I have a question for everyone, no matter which character(s) you use: how accurate do you find this?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298484

I see many numbers that don't fit and wanted to see what other players think. In
particular, Zelda's MUs since these are the Zelda boards.
I don't think Falco and Diddy are even... I'd say is +1 for Falco

and I think that's the one I remember (too lazy to check it all)

so what's everyone going as on halloween?

tempted to go as chucky or some other stalker
I have a halloween party tomorrow but I can't think of anything or anyone to go as that actually fits me ._.

so I probably will just go as I go to any other party any special outfit or anything just normal x_x

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
o wait... not sure where it's done internationally but it's a silly excuse to be all doom and gloom and scare people. it's like a day of scaring and people dress up as scary things :grin:

ninja'd by alan =D that was in response to holyv

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I was going to change the thread title when I got home from the weekend, but I see it's in good hands with Kata.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
For Halloween this year, I get to chauffeur my sister and her friend to collect free candy from strangers.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
im a werewolf this year. so i get to stalk around the yard scaring any kids that come by and occasionally get beat by the broom for getting to close to the witch cauldron

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Zelda!

Jk, I think it may be late for me to dress up as anything tonight. Though imma put up some Halloween upload matches I had recently with DarkMusician and NinjaLink (getting their permission first though lol)

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Well I got DM's permission so far, woo. Still waiting on NL though. While I was waiting on their permission, I started to upload a match vs a very tough D3. In fact, I think this video will be an accurate view of how this MU can be for Zelda. Also, my opponent knows the Zelda MU well, so I had to rely on some mindgames, frame traps, and other technical whatnots.

60% left. Youtube be slowww

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
oooo I'm excited. let us know when it's finished.

ninjaaaaa

edit: i thought it was really good. you brought it back well! the footsies and spacing in the last stock were fun to watch. what can we do against ftilt spacing?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Thanks, I tried ^^

His f-tilt is incredibly annoying to space against/have a proper answer to. He outranges our fsmash with it, and f-tilt puts so much pressure on us near the edge. I think it can also hit through Din's, however if you aim Din's behind him, you may get a hit. Problem with Din's is that he's usually close enough to outspace you and then you don't have enough time to sit there and aim Din's.

I'm still working on a better answer to his f-tilt, but all I've found that helps a little is try and space in the air (but in a way to avoid getting grabbed or up tilted). Oh and the reason I used fsmash a lot was because I was trying to bait his f-tilt/grab approach, but he was smart and it didn't work xD

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
very nice match, how can you say you got *****?!! I say you did very well!!!

4:56 - 5:00 was excellent and I loved it!! I think he could've died if you did it from left to right xD

I don't think we can do anything against a spaced Ftilt... maybe if we PS it we could do something but I'm not really sure to be honest, if I time today to check it out I'll do it hoping we can get something ._.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
very nice match, how can you say you got *****?!! I say you did very well!!!

4:56 - 5:00 was excellent and I loved it!! I think he could've died if you did it from left to right xD

I don't think we can do anything against a spaced Ftilt... maybe if we PS it we could do something but I'm not really sure to be honest, if I time today to check it out I'll do it hoping we can get something ._.
Thanks, guess I'm a little hard on myself xD

can you jump over it and kick him?
Even if we could jump over it and kick him (by this do you mean dropping a Fair, or jumping behind him to Bair?) he could probably shield grab you if you become predictable. Though I suppose it's a good mixup option. Maybe a running shield/powershield to dash grab? I would also attempt to running shield/powershield to dash attack but D3 would probably shield grab that because that's what all D3's and their grandmothers do.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
well, like 6 months ago I did the dash attack successfully after the PS, but I really don't remember how I was when that happened, that why I want to check it out... don't worry in some time a friend will get here or my brother and I shall test it

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Really nice work there with D3. I liked the dtilt -> bair combo and overall very accuracy with those kicks. Also, I liked those dthrow combos showing that dthrows aren't totally worthless. Comeback at the end was great. Piled on so much damage in the blink of an eye.

I noticed he didn't try to swallow you much which could have made things harder for Zelda (approaching).

The vid doesn't change my opinion that the matchup is -2.

By the way, when recovering is it good to love drop (and risk the gimp) or just get hit by the waddle dees so you can hopefully land on the stage safely?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Was I the only one heavily distracted by DDD's texture and that dragon-thing flying on the background?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Alrighty, I watched the vid and I thought you really cleaned up your game after you took his 2nd stock. That was an excellent match and your opponent really did know the MU. With D3's Ftilt, I liked what you did towards the end when you were weaving in and out of his range. At that point, you were really keeping him off balance and that's how you were making that comeback, might I add, I enjoyed every second. With your usage of Dthrow, try and read a little more because when you were reacting right away, you were ending up in bad positions so I recommend a little more reading. Your 2nd stock.....were you trying to do the Ledgejump reverse Nayru's? Had to ask. I really think you played that MU excellently but it is a hard MU because you need a different kind of patience....like ICs. All in all, excellent job Mocha!

@Courier: Is it a sign lol? :)

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
well, like 6 months ago I did the dash attack successfully after the PS, but I really don't remember how I was when that happened, that why I want to check it out... don't worry in some time a friend will get here or my brother and I shall test it
I should try this more ;o

Really nice work there with D3. I liked the dtilt -> bair combo and overall very accuracy with those kicks. Also, I liked those dthrow combos showing that dthrows aren't totally worthless. Comeback at the end was great. Piled on so much damage in the blink of an eye.

I noticed he didn't try to swallow you much which could have made things harder for Zelda (approaching).

The vid doesn't change my opinion that the matchup is -2.

By the way, when recovering is it good to love drop (and risk the gimp) or just get hit by the waddle dees so you can hopefully land on the stage safely?
Thanks! Yeah he didn't swallow very much, though that's also a decent move to mess up Zelda's approaches. I have played other D3's who used this a lot, and almost always got me lol. To be honest, if it weren't for D3's back air, grab, and f-tilt, this MU would be either even or in Zelda's favor. Those three moves alone are murder. They aren't impossible to deal with, just very difficult.

I wouldn't recommend Love Dropping much in general, but I like the idea you brought out about reflecting his waddle dees. I got lucky when my Nayru's 'reflected' his waddle dee. I don't think it actually reflects them, I think it just hits them away. Gordos can be reflected though, and I accidentally rolled into one in that match. But yeah, wouldn't hurt to test the idea, I just wouldn't be too comfy using this in a tournament match unless I had some kind of plan in advance.

Was I the only one heavily distracted by DDD's texture and that dragon-thing flying on the background?
Yes it was distracting! I was tempted to change it, but was too lazy, especially cause I went through so much trouble to get these videos recorded. My Mac was being ghey so I had to use my bf's computer <.<

Alrighty, I watched the vid and I thought you really cleaned up your game after you took his 2nd stock. That was an excellent match and your opponent really did know the MU. With D3's Ftilt, I liked what you did towards the end when you were weaving in and out of his range. At that point, you were really keeping him off balance and that's how you were making that comeback, might I add, I enjoyed every second. With your usage of Dthrow, try and read a little more because when you were reacting right away, you were ending up in bad positions so I recommend a little more reading. Your 2nd stock.....were you trying to do the Ledgejump reverse Nayru's? Had to ask. I really think you played that MU excellently but it is a hard MU because you need a different kind of patience....like ICs. All in all, excellent job Mocha!

@Courier: Is it a sign lol? :)
Yeah I was mostly toying around with what to use to get around his f-tilt, because I don't know this MU too well. You're right I did mess up a few d-throw tech chases, but I'm glad I got some of them to work too. I was very surprised my d-throw + upsmash under the platform didn't work on him - he had tech'd the platform lol.

My second stock SD, I think I was trying to reverse Nayru's jump yeah but messed up the timing, and it somehow ate my jump (I think his d-tilt ate my jump or something but I could be wrong). Thanks for the comments/critique Ed!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Well, thing about the reverse Nayru's tech is that you shouldn't be using your DJ at all. It's literally the ledgehop and then timing the Nayru's at the right time so no DJ at all. Mentioning this just in case you were dropping from the ledge and then trying to do it.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Yeah I usually have my second jump if I use the reverse Nayru's jump from ledge, but I think what happened was D3's down tilt (or another move) somehow hit me and I lost my second jump. Either that or I was too slow to react and try to recover

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
You're probably right actually xD

Oh and here's the second video upload, vs DM's Falco. I didn't like this match very much... I felt like I spammed needlessly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uFlpC4sBUk

Falco always makes me feel rushed and meh, I could have had better down tilt followups but went for mostly down smash and up tilt.

I'll be uploading Zelda dittos next ... maybe

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Yea, Falco/Zelda is bleh. I can tell it's WiFi with some of the decisions but at the same time, getting that DM and NL training. Good stuff! You'll get much better at the MU with more practice.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Yea, Falco/Zelda is bleh. I can tell it's WiFi with some of the decisions but at the same time, getting that DM and NL training. Good stuff! You'll get much better at the MU with more practice.
Wifi sucks. One of the few things it's good for though is for general MU experience, and finding a competent player is even better. The thing about fighting DM and NL though, especially DM, is that he knows Zelda so well and can abuse her weaknesses. He also has experience fighting Falcos with DEHF, so I was a bit intimated by that lol

zelda ditto's? who's the the other w horeZelda?
DM. Though, this past week I must have played at least 5 or 6 different Zeldas in dittos. I used to hate dittos but I've found that it's all about baiting and punishing. Which can be said for a lot of MUs really but with Zelda, she's not that hard to punish if you know what you're doing

Top Bottom