• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero_Gamer Presents: Karate Explosion! (A Birmingham, AL Tourny) (October 17th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
what's plank mean? o.o

and Maybe I should come and slide all over everything :D
Planking is the ******ry where you grab the ledge repeatedly and have no intentions on fighting.

Although some people use it to get better positioning or when they're being pressured when trying to recover, others used it to not fight and is therefore banned.

j00t

Smash Champion
It's like impossible to plank with Falcon in Melee though.

Unless you do it just right... but even then I'm not sure.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
It's like impossible to plank with Falcon in Melee though.

Unless you do it just right... but even then I'm not sure.
ahhh so like how ganon can do it then? Sweet, cowardly ganon strats for me to incorporate when I play vs Sugoi Moe Chan :D

j00t

Smash Champion
ahhh so like how ganon can do it then? Sweet, cowardly ganon strats for me to incorporate when I play vs Sugoi Moe Chan :D
Yeah, Ganon can do it. And Sheik. **** those characters.

Sugoi KAWAII Moe Chan won't know what to do.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yeah, Ganon can do it. And Sheik. **** those characters.

Sugoi KAWAII Moe Chan won't know what to do.
Darn I knew I forgot something. And yeah, he's pretty silly and goes crazy unless he's comboing something. He'll end up SDing trying to hit me or something :D

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Ganon cannot be hit while ledgestalling but in order to be effective, you have to have some kind of attack that makes characters think twice about trying to come near the edge like Puff, Sheik, and Pikachu. Ganon does not have anything like that. His ledge game is not really that great IMO.

Edit: Gvice, why so scared to plank? lol

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Ganon cannot be hit while ledgestalling but in order to be effective, you have to have some kind of attack that makes characters think twice about trying to come near the edge like Puff, Sheik, and Pikachu. Ganon does not have anything like that. His ledge game is not really that great IMO.

lol yeah it's only good if you time something crazy with like a waveland from the ledge ~> reverse Ftilt or jab.

@NES because the ledge is the only place where I know you can't combo me :D

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
Finally a tourney I can go to.
Now I need to scrap up some money.
Also, a place to play some melee with other people. I need to practice my Ganon more.

j00t

Smash Champion
Everyone should main GnW

He's really awesome. He's a ninja and can hide in any stage. And his nose is just funny :3

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Still, this tournament definitely won't be that big.
:(

But, yeah... given that the venue isn't a particularly large one, this isn't intended to be a 'big' tourny, but rather the first of a string bi-weeklies/monthlies. I would say that moderate attendance for both games will happen.

Or
THIS ****'S GONNA BE HUUUUGE

Get hype anyway!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

see this is the difference between a melee player and a brawl player.

lets pretend nes noob was a brawl player. his post would have been

Ganon cannot be hit while ledgestalling. So you should just do it the whole match.
anyway I'm going to camp the **** out of everyone with snake at this tournament

[/brawl player]

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Everyone should main GnW

He's really awesome. He's a ninja and can hide in any stage. And his nose is just funny :3
honestly gw is one of the funnest characters in melee.

and if he had a shield and could L-cancels his moves he might even be like, good.

im gonna try to go all falco in melee singles. he's smuper smexy
prolly will go fox against a jiggs tho

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
I'm actually trying out G&W. I just need to get the game and work on L-cancelling.

Also, can't come to this tourney, band competition that day. =\
There is a slight chance I might be able to make it for a few friendlies, but that's it.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So like I think I confirmed a MM with Elev8, V3GA thought about it too, but I'm dead serious lol.
I'm not gonna get last in singles this time even if the brackets are as tough as TCS's ones. Gotta get something under the belt for PR updates.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Door fee? for an apartment? lookin to make some extra cash, I see. ;)
But
this looks legit.

more tourneys need to do stage striking though. :O

If it's a small enough tourney I might just practice my ICs, Sheik, Bowser, Jiggs or somethin.

Zone

Smash Champion
There is a good chance of Memphis going. Isn't that good enough? :(

Maybe GA will go also which would be good especially if they convince Lambchops to go.

Still, this tournament definitely won't be that big.
#estimate?

Can I get alot of Falconvs Zelda friendlies? I need practice in that match up. To get ready for Pound 4. I decided to just stay Zelda. FOR REAL this time.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I can come, but i will seriusly need housing. and i think i might bring some guys from florida with me. Yeah we all will need housing.

P.s Ihavespaceballs, hellsing was pretty decent.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
The Hellsing Ultimate OVA is great (though they need to come out with the american DVDs faster).
Hellsing the 12 (13? I don't remember) episode series was alright until about halfway through, when they caught up with the manga and just made up their own **** for the next half. Then it sucked.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Yeah i kinda see what you saying bout that, Do you like that fullmetal aichemist brotherhood anime?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Yeah, it started out just being same-old with a little bit less emotion, but once it caught up to where the first series deviated it got really awesome really fast. Not that the first series wasn't great, but I think this one is even better.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
yeah it is alot better, I didn't expect wrath to beat the sh@t out of greed the way he did.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Seems Imma have to pick up the FMA2 then. I heard it stunk, so didn't bother. Now I think I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom