• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero_Gamer Presents: Karate Explosion! (A Birmingham, AL Tourny) (October 17th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Good Stuff DML!

Link johns are the only acceptable Johns therefore NES still is godly in mine eyes ^-^

*edit* Nice stuff Ragna beating out NES, he's pro even if he is using Link.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
barlw singles:

1. will
2. shaSLAM
3. brown scourge
4. Kola

barlw doubles
1. chad and will
2. george and nu
3. t1j and shaSLAM

shouts:
shaslam you a ****in monster, good **** just wrecking everybody. i would also like to point out that shaslam two stocked will's DK. but then metaknight stuff started happening...thx for teaming

chad i say it every time but youre good at brawl. i prolly should have beat you but i suck and just fell apart good **** winning melee

spaceballs you a pimp. we didn't play i dun think but your presence is good enough

will just win tournaments without saying **** this **** is just routine for his *** now. good stuff. nice playing blazblue with you. wtf at bang tech chase that's gay

cheap you a beast. i did better against you than i usually do in melee so im happy about that.

kola i shoulda had you on that second match but ****ing snake and his dumb recovery. your marth is pretty good good **** taking 4th

zero, good tournament. tell your peeps thanks for the pizza. and good stuff playing BB the few matches we did.

i think i give up on smash bros. and competitive stuff in general for the time being. i dont think i'm mentally capable of being good at competition. it requires an instinct that I just lack

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
barlw singles:

1. will
2. shaSLAM
3. brown scourge
4. Kola

barlw doubles
1. chad and will
2. george and nu
3. t1j and shaSLAM

shouts:
shaslam you a ****in monster, good **** just wrecking everybody. i would also like to point out that shaslam two stocked will's DK. but then metaknight stuff started happening...thx for teaming

chad i say it every time but youre good at brawl. i prolly should have beat you but i suck and just fell apart good **** winning melee

spaceballs you a pimp. we didn't play i dun think but your presence is good enough

will just win tournaments without saying **** this **** is just routine for his *** now. good stuff. nice playing blazblue with you. wtf at bang tech chase that's gay

cheap you a beast. i did better against you than i usually do in melee so im happy about that.

kola i shoulda had you on that second match but ****ing snake and his dumb recovery. your marth is pretty good good **** taking 4th

zero, good tournament. tell your peeps thanks for the pizza. and good stuff playing BB the few matches we did.

i think i give up on smash bros. and competitive stuff in general for the time being. i dont think i'm mentally capable of being good at competition. it requires an instinct that I just lack

I wont deny it, and I think that helped me win the third match too. XP You wont see me saying I won that match without me saying it was fluke. Great Games man, it had me on my toes the entire time.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I never thought I would be that good in any competitive game. I also played a lot of the same people never winning the majority of games, but I didn't give up.

Maybe you should have a break from smash. When you get back, you gotta believe that you can do better and you have to actively figure out why are you losing. You should be able to figure out a lot of the things you are doing wrong if you just about it while you play casuals.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
XP I don't feel like waiting anymore until results are posted to put shoutouts.

Zero_Gamer- Great job with the tournament, you had me worried about it finishing for a while there, but things happened to run smoother than I thought it was. **** good money match dude, I haven't played so hard for $2 in my life.

The Brown Scourge- Dude, between you and 3GOD, I gotta say you have the best Bowser of all time. It was fun losing to you lol.....I gotta learn how to space better with that monster.

CHEAP PEACH- I feel uber lame dropping Pit and using marth to win that match. It's like using mk against an like say a Link player that beat me. You have a great Peach, we'll get the matchup straight in the up coming smashfest.

Nu_- R.O.B was nice dude, I heard you have a nice Lucas too, we should play some more.

TheoneJanitor- The only thing running through my mind the entire match was "I'm gonna lose, I'm gonna lose **** I'm gonna lose" and after the first match ended I was pretty sure that would have been the outcome. Lucky break on match 2 and I guess by match 3 we were both so into it that we ended up with a really close last match. Playing you was really fun, I want friendlies if you decide to not leave the brawl scene. You're too good for to leave.

Chad- Lucario is usually so annoying to play. But with your funny comments during the match it actually made it worth going through. Thank god I predicted that last downsmash or I would have been a goner for sure. Great games man, Mississippi has some great brawlers it just sucks they don't have a smashscene.

ShaSlam- Finally got to play you, and after hearing a ton of **** about you from my brother I was a bit confident about the match. I gotta tell you, that wario kicks ***. And to add that you 2 stocked Will's DK and got 2nd. Where have you been the entire time? Practicing with reflex and kismet? The bike **** on Pokemon Stadium was lol. Great games dude. My brother says I suck uber *** for losing to you though. xD we need to show him why though.

Blake and that one link guy- nice playing friendlies with you.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol who is your brother?

and i just quit playing so much so i dont think about things as much and am more daring.

all these *****es always hatin
but its only because i talk so much ****.
lol

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I never thought I would be that good in any competitive game. I also played a lot of the same people never winning the majority of games, but I didn't give up.

Maybe you should have a break from smash. When you get back, you gotta believe that you can do better and you have to actively figure out why are you losing. You should be able to figure out a lot of the things you are doing wrong if you just about it while you play casuals.
maybe i need a break iono

its not just smash its anything where i compete against other people. even like chess and poker and other video games...i just dont have the reflexes or instinct to do well

i understand mechanice i develop logical gameplans, but it takes more than that, you just have to train you instincts and i dont really know how to do it

im not good at predicting people, i ALWAYS mess up moves. even in brawl which requires no tech skill whatsoever. i'm not good at tricking people. im not good at figuring out why im losing during the match. like i'll realize **** like after its too late. one of the things that separates good and bad players is the ability to recognize issues mid-match and fix them..and i just am not good at that.

My whole approach to smash bros. was to go in a match with a gameplan and simplify everything down to like mathematical basics. pressure opponent using relatively safe moves, if A occurs, do B. that type of stuff. but it doesn't work that that. NOTHING works like that. but thats the only way I think I could play this game because I just dont know how to develop the instincts that good people have.

i dont know. the only reason i am deccent at brawl is because I was able to develop a logical gameplan that I can apply to each matchup, and because i actually know a lot about the game, (and mostly because everyone else sucks at this game) but it takes more than that.

but i mean ive been trying for a while been playing smash competitively for like 4 or 5 years and I just plateau really i just plateau at a level thats way below average.

i dont really mean to be emo i'm honestly trying to look at this from a wide angle and figure it out

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Good stuff Kola!
Thanks man, but wheres my Money Match? xD lol

lol who is your brother?

and i just quit playing so much so i dont think about things as much and am more daring.

lol
You know Mo, or V3GA whatever he went by at that gamebox tournament

And t1j I think you're being a bit too hard on yourself. You're actually really good and have plans for situations.

NES n00b

Smash Master
I am not good at adapting mid match. I am not good at learning how new strategies I encounter; it takes a long time. I wasn't good at controlling my nerves during bracket matches and still get nervous when I know people are watching (and keep getting reminded of it like crowd noise). I still have problems getting shield grabbed and mess up easy things way too often like turning around even though I have been playing for a good while. I wasn't even patient a little while ago.

Take a little break. Come back and try again. Maybe you don't have any talent I dunno. You just got to keep going, though. I wish I was near you so I can help you out at least in somethings.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
just watch your opponent. think.
"what would i do in this situation?"
and more than likely if you consider yourself a good player, thats what your opponent will do.
and even then. just jump around and **** and see how your opponent reacts. and just get to know them by the first stock or so.
lol but i am in no way certified to be telling t1j what to do.
im pretty sure hes better than me still.

and mo sucks dude.
i sucked so bad at that vulcan tourney.
it was like... almost a year ago.
i havent seen him at anymore tournies since then...

so...
yeah...

NES n00b

Smash Master
well why the **** are you so beast nes noob

WHAT IS THE SECRET
Like you I tried formulating plans on what to do where. I focused on each aspect I thought I was not doing well in not all at once. I tried new strats and other such things in friendlies and sometimes tourney matches even if ruins my chances at winning. I kept trying these things in different ways just in case it wasn't just me messing up. Came up with some ways to minimize the predicting involved like getting rid of as much options as possible or doing somethings by pure reaction. I was willing to change some things about my game (even if so little that people can't see what I changed). I played different characters to work on some parts of my game and to learn matchups from that character's perspective. Never, did I stop thinking I could win and even when I thought I pleatued and believed so, I didn't stop trying to improve. In addition, I have tried to get rid of any kind of attitude that would hinder me in match like "trying to not camp too long" or "playing too gay."

Also, I am not that great. I am pretty good, but I think more people could reach my level if people got rid some of their mental blocks or just focused a little harder. In addition, I think they would be more consistent, too. :)
He is a mutant!!!!
Been watching too much xmen for my own good ;)
Which one? Animated ones or what? I watched the first season of the 80's X-man cartoon. Better than one would think.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
lol who is your brother?

lol
MORE Daring???

****, I'd hate to face your Wario back then. We already run the clock to its knees (Sucking our ****s).

Oh, and X-men: Evolution is the shiz. Rogue has such a southern accent.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I never have gameplans. They take away the focus on learning your opponent and adapting...

I mean, do you make gameplans about when crap goes wrong too?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lolol yeah you have a point zero.

but i just hate fighting lucarios.
and ddds obviously.

haha. lets see what all charcters do i camp?

lucario
dedede
jigglypuff
ike
marth

and i think thats it.

ike and jigglypuff are just too dangerous.
pound
and
upb
both of their upb's are killer.

and
their
amazing
costumes.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
I mostly did a marathon sitting with evolution on youtube. Just recently finished watching all four movies including origins and watched like the first 13 episodes of the 90s cartoon. Taking a break now but ill finish it and then maybe ill be able to see wolverine and the xmen. I hear good things about that show. WTF it airs on nicktoons network!!! Magneto is my fave if anyone is wondering :)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I never have gameplans. They take away the focus on learning your opponent and adapting...

Ditto. I always hear people talk about strats, and I really just try to hit people ._.;

CrimsonSun

Smash Cadet
Ditto. I always hear people talk about strats, and I really just try to hit people ._.;
Exactly! I agree. Just hit your opponent and don't get hit yourself. If you get hit it's either because you were not fast enough to dodge it, mindgamed into it, or getting hit on purpose for some unknown reason that benefits you by the way of your actions after/during being hit......hmmm

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

that's one of the reasons why i dont do well in smash. cuz If my gameplan doesn't work I don't have the skills to make up for it.

like if i'm playing falcon in melee or something and i'm trying to tech chase a space animal, for starters Im not good at predicting unless someone literally does the same thing all the time, but falcon players seem like they can tech chase on reaction which i definitely can't do because i dont have good reflexes so I always get spotdodged or something, and then i say maybe I can just bait the spot dodge, but again my reflexes are terrible so I usually miss even after waiting for the spotdodge, and maybe I can stomp or something to beat the spotdodge but that hinders my gameplay if that's the only option that works for me

or in brawl my "gameplan" to deal with spotdodgers was to spam jab during their spotdodge and with most characters that beats spotdodge but with some like pit and pikachu they can spotdoge and still shield, so in that case most people would say, 'well thats not a big deal just wait for the spotdodge and punish it afterward' but again I have very bad reflexes and this doesn't work for me (esp. since many characters have like very little vulnerability in between dodges), i usually just get dodged or shielded then punished.

my solution to this was to just train myself to punch-f-tilt so that the punch would be out during the spotdodge and I could ftilt when they come out of it. but again that requires timing which i am not good at. i mean these are just examples but i'm just trying to explain what i mean

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i throw neutral airs out there and if they dont shield the whole thing i think they are a scrub :)
thats how i predict my opponent usually.
hahahaha
during spotdodges i neutral air too.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
With Pit, punishing spot dodgers was easy, just using the jab. I can't really focus enough on Marth's jab to use it was a spot dodge punish, I keep having the urge to dtilt and keep getting punished for it lol.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I get punished by spot dodge repeaters myself Kevin. What i tend do, is wait and grab. Or you can just run past and pivot grab. This will work well for Snake and set them up for down throw punishes!

Winnar

Smash Lord
I get punished by spot dodge repeaters myself Kevin. What i tend do, is wait and grab. Or you can just run past and pivot grab. This will work well for Snake and set them up for down throw punishes!
I do this.

Did this.*

Used to do this.**

It's really useful.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Joot- Awesome time riding with you, many thanks. I have your controller btw, gonna try to get it to andy's today.

Chad- You surprised me like **** asking to team with me. Always cool to play you at tourneys, and amazing pikachu as usual. I don't think I've laughed that much in brawl doubles before or focused that hard in melee dubs.

George- Never lost that "calmest man in the world" title I see. Your kirby is still the best around and nothings ever gonna keep it down. I need some new metal to listen to btw and I know you've got some to recommend.

Adam- Like I said before, your rob somehow got better over your blank. I need to head out to y'alls aparment for game fests and what not.

Spaceballs- And now you know the rest of the story lol. Your samus has too many mindgames, that bomb to waveland grab will forever be etched into our memories.

Nesnoob- Beat me in dubs, ya ******* falcon. You just wait cause the wheel of fate is turning and the next time I will decide the destiny as I pull out all the stops.

Janitor-
theONEjanitor said:
"Strictly biz, ...don't play around
Cover much ground, got game by the pound
Getting paid is a forte
Each and every day, true player way"

Thanks for helping out my DK. And your snake is decent lol. Just read ahead more and you'll be fine. gg's in blazblue too.

Cheap- Thanks much for the housing, we should play more melee next time. My Ganon/Peach matchup needs work.

Rag- **** close match in melee dubs. Good **** and nice meeting you.

Shaslam- Very good **** in gf this tourney. Banning Brinstar next time lol.

Mslano- Continue to teach me the ways of Ganon plz. Dunno why you *******s enjoy thinking I'm the waffle house guy though cause I'm not.

Winnar- Hakumen counter super wrex me.

Aznseal- Cool falco, and nice meeting you.

Zero- Thanks for holding the tournament, and thanks for the food/drinks as well. Sick Rachel btw. I assume you're already better at it by now, but get help from George or Janitor with seeding next time if you're unsure.

Derp- We played bb like all day. Good stuff.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Mslano- Continue to teach me the ways of Ganon plz. Dunno why you *******s enjoy thinking I'm the waffle house guy though cause I'm not.
I'm tired of hearing about MSlano's Ganon when I haven't got to play it yet! :(
Hey, you should come down sometime Mslano, we need some Dorf dittos. And I wanna meet all these AL smashers! Everyone there plays brawl and melee? As long as you guys wanna melee, I'm down. I don't do the whole brawl thing. Cheap, you more melee than brawl? I played your bro, but he was strictly melee right?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Cheap, you more melee than brawl? I played your bro, but he was strictly melee right?
Well, he is really only a casual player. I play melee much more competitively than him. And yes, he is strictly melee, but I'm not sure if he really even plays anymore.

Come to j00ts tourny, whenever that may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom