• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Alt Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I can't wait to see the controversy this PotD causes.:laugh:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I'm glad Sakurai stated that it was a woman developer who made this. Now they can't blame male privileged and all that stuff.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Anyone that wants to complain about this should either direct their hate towards Zero Mission and Fusion, where they originated, or go and hate on the Olympics or something, too, which has outfits like this everywhere. It's pretty standard athletic attire and is actually far less deserving of controversy than her body suit is. :p I'm very happy they went with designs with shorts rather than leotards.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Let it not be said that Sakurai isn't thinking for all of us: gives us these amazing set of costumes; gives the haters more reasons to complain.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm so hype about this. And not for the reasons you'd think.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Is it because they're coloured after your favourite slushy flavours?
Ding ding! We have a winner! Orange is the goddamn best.

And also because this gives me hope for Swimsuit Shulk.

And also got one of my friends super hyped for all the reasons you'd expect.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
This is fantastic to me. I actually didn't like the zero suit all that much. But this is actually looking pretty good. Especially the orange color, I really like it. Seems a lot more flexible.

I say this was the best alt costume they could've chosen. Especially since it is based on the good ending of the metroid games. :3

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Well, Samus' Fusion Suit recolour also isn't the Fusion Suit... :p The point of recolours is to reference the outfit, not to represent it exactly - which is what alt costumes are for - but I do highly doubt that it'll be an alt costume of hers. :p
-Slaps you-

Ahah, now you can re-consider my Justin Baily suit.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
-Slaps you-

Ahah, now you can re-consider my Justin Baily suit.
Haha, yeah. I guess I was wrong about her not showing skin. :p That said, I am (and would have been) far more supportive of her Zero Mission "shorts" costume than of a Justin Bailey leotard (with the emphasis being on leotard) costume.
A green and pink recolouring of this, though? Heck yes. :awesome:

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
This post is embarrassing.

Anyway, I never liked that outfit in Metroid, so I obviously don't like to see it in Smash. I would have preferred the military outfit from Other M (with the short hair).
We should just get both. if Little Mac can get two, everyone can!

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'm torn between using this for the 2D game cameo, and not using this for accusations of being a pervert.

Oh well, I barely use Zamus to begin with.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Anyone that wants to complain about this should either direct their hate towards Super Metroid and Fusion, where they originated
The orange ones are from Zero Mission, not Super.

Agree on your post though generally, especially on the shorts over leotards bit. If we get Justin Bailey, I too would hope to see it as just a pink and green palette swap with that said. Would want the short-haired military outfit more though.

Last edited:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
tbh the moment multiple 3D models to accomodate for certain characters' alternate outfits were confirmed, i was hoping for short hair military outfit samus.

but the fusion and zero suit ending outfits are pretty cool, too. to be honest, i preferred the zero mission was as it looked in the game (a little more length so it looked less like a sports bra), but this is still really cool.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
*sigh* At least I have solace that it wasn't in the development plans to include them, and that this was designed by a female.

Because, real talk, despite being a college-age dude, I have no interest in this costume, and I kinda wish it didn't exist. I know the history behind it (having beaten Fusion and Zero Mission and all that), but I'm just uncomfortable with it being in the game. It's just going to cause controversy in my eyes.

darthnazgul

Smash Cadet
NNID
darthnzgul
I don't mind the alt outfit, but I don't particularly care a whole lot either. It's not very interesting. As much as I don't like Other M, I would've liked to see her military clothes since I actually think that was a cool design.

BloderModer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4748-9425
Can't wait for the rightwingers to cry themselves to sleep over sexist criticism.
Designed by a woman (hahaha, another great coverup from Sakurai). Still looks like it was designed by a 12-year old boy.

Shog

Smash Ace
Wow, the nostalgia is trong with this, update, hooray I am so hyped for this.

And actually not for perverted thoughts long time ago like the first time I saw them lol. Time changes fast!

Raijinken

Smash Master
Still hope they have a black one to reference Super. Favorite Metroid game, and since they got rid of the Super/Prime designs on the suit, they should give us something else to make up for it.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538

It looks... sporty. A pretty good reference but I'm still holding out for an Other M ending military outfit.
Knowing Sakurai's love toward Other M, I'd be surprised if that wasn't included.

Raido

Smash Apprentice
*sigh* At least I have solace that it wasn't in the development plans to include them, and that this was designed by a female.

Because, real talk, despite being a college-age dude, I have no interest in this costume, and I kinda wish it didn't exist. I know the history behind it (having beaten Fusion and Zero Mission and all that), but I'm just uncomfortable with it being in the game. It's just going to cause controversy in my eyes.
So you are one of the people that would obey to a group of butthurt people. I'm glad Sakurai doesn't obey to them. They will never stop ******** if you give them the feeling that they are right.

BloderModer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4748-9425
So you are one of the people that would obey to a group of butthurt people. I'm glad Sakurai doesn't obey to them. They will never stop *****ing if you give them the feeling that they are right.
Sounds like you come straight from youtube. "Never act like someone is right, even if they're right"

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
So you are one of the people that would obey to a group of butthurt people. I'm glad Sakurai doesn't obey to them. They will never stop *****ing if you give them the feeling that they are right.
Can you learn to grammar before you try telling me to "obey to a group of butthurt people," please? Thanks.
I realize English isn't your first language, but if you ever ask someone a serious question in another language, try to get it right.

To answer the question that I think you're asking; no, I'm not. I don't care much for "political correctness," as it were, unless it's an issue of morality. If I have a strong opinion on an issue worth discussing, I will discuss my point when the time comes for it. That being said, I typically don't like to play games or watch movies that have sexualized content or gratuitous violence due to my own preferences. I don't play anything that I wouldn't play in front of my sisters, basically.

As you can see, this makes me uncomfortable buying a game that has I now know has a costume for a character who's already a point of contention for being sexualized that shows a bunch of skin showing. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Just give her the pink leotard and Zamus will be complete imo.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

It's normal sportswear, I see women wearing even worse in gyms every day. Besides, she's a super athlete, so it makes sense for her.

It's way more practical than the Zero Suit, anyway. This is also what women normally wear when doing combat sports ala boxing. It's not really worse than what Mac is wearing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom