• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Alt Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
okay seriously guys we can discuss the alt but the political and inflammatory stuff has to stop. I will report you if you continue because I firmly believe that is not what this topic is for. Please let it go.

Edit: Adding in that I'd still love to see the military outfit from Other M. America may not like it much, but Samus was more liked in Japan in her other M incarnation according to everything I've read... I may need to double check that though. So we may have to be prepared for another story like it. Hopefully with good gameplay this time though.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Not really in the mood to start arguing so I just wanna say that these bloggers really sum up why people are complaining about the outfit and ZSS's design in general
http://kh-info-block.tumblr.com/pos...yone-here-follow-super-smash-reactions-to-the
A bit of a long read but it does point out why the outfit by itself is not the problematic issue (I'm still gonna use it though cause the outfit does look good).

okay seriously guys we can discuss the alt but the political and inflammatory stuff has to stop. I will report you if you continue because I firmly believe that is not what this topic is for. Please let it go.

Edit: Adding in that I'd still love to see the military outfit from Other M. America may not like it much, but Samus was more liked in Japan in her other M incarnation according to everything I've read... I may need to double check that though. So we may have to be prepared for another story like it. Hopefully with good gameplay this time though.
discussing the outfit isn't that bad it's the insulting and insinuating that's getting out of hand (if that's what you were implying then yeah you're right)
The military outfit would be a great contrast to this newly shown alt costume. It would be a really good idea to add it.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Not really in the mood to start arguing so I just wanna say that these bloggers really sum up why people are complaining about the outfit and ZSS's design in general
http://kh-info-block.tumblr.com/pos...yone-here-follow-super-smash-reactions-to-the
A bit of a long read but it does point out why the outfit by itself is not the problematic issue (I'm still gonna use it though cause the outfit does look good).

discussing the outfit isn't that bad it's the insulting and insinuating that's getting out of hand (if that's what you were implying then yeah you're right)
The military outfit would be a great contrast to this newly shown alt costume. It would be a really good idea to add it.
I do at least agree with the article to the fact that there has been a body proportion change to Samus that isn't helping the situation. Though Samus' actual proportion have changed quite a bit from game to game. She's always been portrayed as pretty tall, usually around the realm of over six feet which is pretty tall for women. Samus, though it varies, has had a figure that would be expected to someone of her size and physical ability. Her sprite at the end of Super Metroid for example though she's was obviously designed to be attractive but her stomach, arms, and legs do seem to have signs of some degree muscle tone as would be expected for someone with her abilities at least to a fictional degree.

In the more recent games she's has kind of had a problem that seems to happen to a lot of female characters in general, the most drastic changes in Other M where she was significantly shorter and her proportions were more in line with standard female appearances of the skinner limbs and more focus on certain body attributes that don't mesh much with an athletic individual. It's a define change in direction and the Smash Brothers team definitely didn't help the situation.

However that being said, I will say, having issue with a design direction is a different beast from having an issue with the costume of itself, which I still don't have a issue for the same reason I listed before.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I personally was more interested in the return of Brinstar. Still, cannot deny this game has tons of options.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I do at least agree with the article to the fact that there has been a body proportion change to Samus that isn't helping the situation. Though Samus' actual proportion have changed quite a bit from game to game. She's always been portrayed as pretty tall, usually around the realm of over six feet which is pretty tall for women. Samus, though it varies, has had a figure that would be expected to someone of her size and physical ability. Her sprite at the end of Super Metroid for example though she's was obviously designed to be attractive but her stomach, arms, and legs do seem to have signs of some degree muscle tone as would be expected for someone with her abilities at least to a fictional degree.

In the more recent games she's has kind of had a problem that seems to happen to a lot of female characters in general, the most drastic changes in Other M where she was significantly shorter and her proportions were more in line with standard female appearances of the skinner limbs and more focus on certain body attributes that don't mesh much with an athletic individual. It's a define change in direction and the Smash Brothers team definitely didn't help the situation.

However that being said, I will say, having issue with a design direction is a different beast from having an issue with the costume of itself, which I still don't have a issue for the same reason I listed before.
Oh certainly the outfit itself is fine. It's general sportswear and many women wear it out of efficiency and comfort. The issue is pretty much everything you stated and I hope they go back to original body type with Other M's art style next game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I find it very hard to believe that you of all people would call out injustice when you are attacking and grouping people from a very diverse political movement together.
Diversity is exactly the problem with feminism these days, it's caused the idea of it to get distorted and as such, I see them arguing amongst themselves most of the time. Not exactly good if it's supposed to be a "political movement".

And I don't see how Samus' costume is supposed to factor into this political movement. Or Samus at all.

I even disagree with the above points about Samus' new body shape - Samus is an intellectual property. A fictional character, created by an artist. Said artist can give her whatever proportions or design they feel. Samus' proportions are not even that outrageous anyway, there are real women who can have a body like that naturally. Are you going to tell those women their body is "offensive" or "regressive"? No, you wouldn't, because you know you'd be an a-hole if you did.

I agree that her CHARACTER PORTRAYAL in Other M is terrible and sexist, but it has nothing to do with how she looks, it's got everything to do with how she is written. That doesn't factor into Smash Bros, though, since she just fights (as far as we know...the game apparently doesn't have any story though). At the end of the day, Samus would still be a badass if using her Smash 4 portrayal even if she were topless, because she's still kicking ass.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Diversity is exactly the problem with feminism these days, it's caused the idea of it to get distorted and as such, I see them arguing amongst themselves most of the time. Not exactly good if it's supposed to be a "political movement".

And I don't see how Samus' costume is supposed to factor into this political movement. Or Samus at all.

I even disagree with the above points about Samus' new body shape - Samus is an intellectual property. A fictional character, created by an artist. Said artist can give her whatever proportions or design they feel. Samus' proportions are not even that outrageous anyway, there are real women who can have a body like that naturally. Are you going to tell those women their body is "offensive" or "regressive"? No, you wouldn't, because you know you'd be an a-hole if you did.

I agree that her CHARACTER PORTRAYAL in Other M is terrible and sexist, but it has nothing to do with how she looks, it's got everything to do with how she is written. That doesn't factor into Smash Bros, though, since she just fights (as far as we know...the game apparently doesn't have any story though). At the end of the day, Samus would still be a badass if using her Smash 4 portrayal even if she were topless, because she's still kicking ***.
Of course they have the right to change Samus' appearance as much as they'd like and they have several times. I don't think anyone really would argue they don't have the right to do that. However, the flip side also is that someone does also have the right to criticize a shift in direction or not be involved in a product if what the artist does offends them on some level. It doesn't mean the owner of the character is required to change their character or that the artist is wrong for their opinion. Wouldn't be any different for me if someone criticized my OC in my avatar and it doesn't change anything for Samus either.

This kind of thing happens all the time especially with characters that change and evolve over time, people are going to get attached to a version of a character and will have issues with drastic changes to a character appearance, story, etc. It's just kind of the way people work, especially with fiction where character can stay the same or be randomly changed at the whim of the artist in question.

I'm well aware of my issues with the design or how things have played out with the characters are strictly developed of my own opinion and observations and not much else, same as pretty much everyone who's commented on it.

Luminario

Smash Lord

I agree that her CHARACTER PORTRAYAL in Other M is terrible and sexist, but it has nothing to do with how she looks, it's got everything to do with how she is written. That doesn't factor into Smash Bros, though, since she just fights (as far as we know...the game apparently doesn't have any story though). At the end of the day, Samus would still be a badass if using her Smash 4 portrayal even if she were topless, because she's still kicking ***.
I can guarantee you these women can't twist their bodies like that in order to bring attention to the breasts and buttocks. This has nothing to do with her character portrayal it's fine she's a badass bounty hunter and Other M gave her a bit more emotional depth. The problem is the fact that she's being twisted and warped to give her secondary sex characteristics as much screen time as possible. I told myself I wouldn't argue about this anymore so just read the link i added before.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Of course they have the right to change Samus' appearance as much as they'd like and they have several times. I don't think anyone really would argue they don't have the right to do that. However, the flip side also is that someone does also have the right to criticize a shift in direction or not be involved in a product if what the artist does offends them on some level. It doesn't mean the owner of the character is required to change their character or that the artist is wrong for their opinion. Wouldn't be any different for me if someone criticized my OC in my avatar and it doesn't change anything for Samus either.

This kind of thing happens all the time especially with characters that change and evolve over time, people are going to get attached to a version of a character and will have issues with drastic changes to a character appearance, story, etc. It's just kind of the way people work, especially with fiction where character can stay the same or be randomly changed at the whim of the artist in question.

I'm well aware of my issues with the design or how things have played out with the characters are strictly developed of my own opinion and observations and not much else, same as pretty much everyone who's commented on it.
There's a difference between disagreeing with an artistic design choice for legitimate reasons like, for instance, a character looking really cartoony in a hyper-realistic world (meaning a clash in aesthetics is present), getting offended by some genuinely offensive design or the reason for said design (an innocent, 13 year old female character being forced to wear something with extreme sexual connotations), and then just being a prude. Saying that ZSS's official designs are offensive is just being prude. Saying her portrayal in Other M was sexist in terms of writing would be valid criticism, but her design was fine.

I'm all for freedom of speech and all that gay stuff (latter part is just a South Park reference, before anyone takes that the wrong way), but using that freedom of speech to make completely non-productive criticisms is just inviting people to get annoyed with you.

I can guarantee you these women can't twist their bodies like that in order to bring attention to the breasts and buttocks. This has nothing to do with her character portrayal it's fine she's a badass bounty hunter and Other M gave her a bit more emotional depth. The problem is the fact that she's being twisted and warped to give her secondary sex characteristics as much screen time as possible. I told myself I wouldn't argue about this anymore so just read the link i added before.
(FYI, I did read the link and it's partly what's encouraging me to say what I am)

How do you know how flexible every woman on the planet is?

Samus is supposed to be flexible to a super-human degree due to being raised and intensively trained by the Chozo. Again, I refer you to that Morph Ball picture I posted earlier. So with that considered, the poses you claim are impossible for real women are a cinch for Samus, regardless.

And saying the poses are done to bring attention to the breasts and buttocks is just making assumptions and is quite frankly, you doing the sexualising, since you cannot prove that Sakurai intends that with every ZSS picture (and since screenshots are in game, you would also be claiming that ZSS's attack animations are made for sex appeal).

I also already explained that Samus' over-the-top poses are like that as they are taken mid-animation, and a certain animation technique is being used that I cannot remember the name of (it's related to the principle of animation called "arcs", but it's not that alone). A lot of characters look off model when you pause mid-animation because of the various, cartoony animation tricks being used. This is something you should know about if you've paused playback of pretty much any cartoon ever. Heck, there are people who dedicate time to finding these sort of things.

For a Smash 4 example that isn't ZSS, say hello to yaoi hand Mario:

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
There's a difference between disagreeing with an artistic design choice for legitimate reasons like, for instance, a character looking really cartoony in a hyper-realistic world (meaning a clash in aesthetics is present), getting offended by some genuinely offensive design or the reason for said design (an innocent, 13 year old female character being forced to wear something with extreme sexual connotations), and then just being a prude. Saying that ZSS's official designs are offensive is just being prude. Saying her portrayal in Other M was sexist in terms of writing would be valid criticism, but her design was fine.

I'm all for freedom of speech and all that gay stuff (latter part is just a South Park reference, before anyone takes that the wrong way), but using that freedom of speech to make completely non-productive criticisms is just inviting people to get annoyed with you.
I will admit I don't agree with most of the extreme criticism in regards to the situation, as the design doesn't offend me and I am not even bothered by the costume at all which I went into detail in a previous post and blog post about. I just find the contrast between her previous incarnations and the current one interesting, at least enough that I spent some time talking about my opinion on the matter where I wouldn't normally get involved in this kind of situation at all and I at least try to understand where some of those opinions come from even I don't entirely agree with them.

However dismissing someone as being a prude because they have a concern about a situation is basically a way of shutting down an argument. It's not particularly productive.

BloderModer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4748-9425
Homophobic slurs! And who are you to tell others what's non-productive criticism or not?

How do you know how flexible every woman on the planet is?

Samus is supposed to be flexible to a super-human degree due to being raised and intensively trained by the Chozo. Again, I refer you to that Morph Ball picture I posted earlier. So with that considered, the poses you claim are impossible for real women are a cinch for Samus, regardless.
Using fictional elements to justify obvious sexism, I see. Like Sakurai himself!

And saying the poses are done to bring attention to the breasts and buttocks is just making assumptions and is quite frankly, you doing the sexualising, since you cannot prove that Sakurai intends that with every ZSS picture (and since screenshots are in game, you would also be claiming that ZSS's attack animations are made for sex appeal).
To point out that something is an obvious case of sexualization is not sexualizing. When I see that something is yellow, I'm not painting an object yellow.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I will admit I don't agree with most of the extreme criticism in regards to the situation, as the design doesn't offend me and I am not even bothered by the costume at all which I went into detail in a previous post and blog post about. I just find the contrast between her previous incarnations and the current one interesting, at least enough that I spent some time talking about my opinion on the matter where I wouldn't normally get involved in this kind of situation at all and I at least try to understand where some of those opinions come from even I don't entirely agree with them.

However dismissing someone as being a prude because they have a concern about a situation is basically a way of shutting down an argument. It's not particularly productive.
That's kinda the point. If an argument has little or no validity, you can shut it down. With great power (free speech), comes great responsibility (making sure your speech is justified or valid)

A prude is someone who displays an irrational amount of modesty regarding anything remotely sexual (i.e. it assumes they haven't had any extreme experiences or fears regarding **** or similar issues, since said modesty would be totally rational in that instance), or interprets things that are not inherently sexual as such, and gets offended by it (note how it's the exact opposite of a pervert). That's what most of the arguments in relation to ZSS's design being "offensive" boil down to. That's why saying ZSS's design being offensive is displaying qualities of a prude. Because it is not inherently intended for that purpose, and there is no evidence to support such a claim.

Homophobic slurs! And who are you to tell others what's non-productive criticism or not?

Using fictional elements to justify obvious sexism, I see. Like Sakurai himself!

To point out that something is an obvious case of sexualization is not sexualizing. When I see that something is yellow, I'm not painting an object yellow.
At this point I'm positive you're just trolling so I'm going to ignore your posts. That, or you're just a robot programmed to interpret anything I say as discriminatory.

BloderModer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4748-9425
At this point I'm positive you're just trolling so I'm going to ignore your posts. That, or you're just a robot programmed to interpret anything I say as discriminatory.
Well, it is discriminatory.
And you ARE using fictional elements to justify obvious sexism. Just like when you defended the heels.
"Oh but they're practical and she has superpowers and..." Who cares?

You also claimed back then that the critics are sexualizing the character. But they don't. They're just pointing out in what ways Namco and Nintendo sexualizes the character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, it is discriminatory.
And you ARE using fictional elements to justify obvious sexism. Just like when you defended the heels.
"Oh but they're practical and she has superpowers and..." Who cares?

You also claimed back then that the critics are sexualizing the character. But they don't. They're just pointing out in what ways Namco and Nintendo sexualizes the character.
Stop making blind statements with no substance. Otherwise, nobody will take you seriously.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
That's kinda the point. If an argument has little or no validity, you can shut it down. With great power (free speech), comes great responsibility (making sure your speech is justified or valid)

A prude is someone who displays an irrational amount of modesty regarding anything remotely sexual (i.e. it assumes they haven't had any extreme experiences or fears regarding **** or similar issues, since said modesty would be totally rational in that instance), or interprets things that are not inherently sexual as such, and gets offended by it (note how it's the exact opposite of a pervert). That's what most of the arguments in relation to ZSS's design being "offensive" boil down to. That's why saying ZSS's design being offensive is displaying qualities of a prude. Because it is not inherently intended for that purpose, and there is no evidence to support such a claim.
I understand your reasoning and though I don't particularly agree as it's think the subject is a bit more complicated as the line between female character objectification and female admiration can be a very gray line to draw but that's a topic much larger and more in-depth then I think this topic is suitable for and is not specifically related to Samus.

I don't think your ideas are necessary wrong I'm just not big into the idea of shutting down conversations with terms that are meant to be insulting even if you don't believe they don't have validation. I prefer the concept of countering someones ideas with another idea without resorting to direct insultive terms.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I understand your reasoning and though I don't particularly agree as it's think the subject is a bit more complicated as the line between female character objectification and female admiration can be a very gray line to draw but that's a topic much larger and more in-depth then I think this topic is suitable for and is not specifically related to Samus.

I don't think your ideas are necessary wrong I'm just not big into the idea of shutting down conversations with terms that are meant to be insulting even if you don't believe they don't have validation. I prefer the concept of countering someones ideas with another idea without resorting to direct insultive terms.
Prude isn't really an insulting term inherently. Much like it's opposite, pervert. I've seen people proudly proclaim that they are one or the other.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Prude isn't really an insulting term inherently. Much like it's opposite, pervert. I've seen people proudly proclaim that they are one or the other.
Isn't particularly uncommon, insulting terms are insulting the context in how they are used and it is often either used by the person themselves or within the group that has accepted the term. Generally when your using it towards someone you don't actually know or someone who is not accepting the use of the term, it becomes or appearing insulting whether you actually intend for it to be or not.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Isn't particularly uncommon, insulting terms are insulting the context in how they are used and it is often either used by the person themselves or within the group that has accepted the term. Generally when your using it towards someone you don't actually know or someone who is not accepting the use of the term, it becomes or appearing insulting whether you actually intend for it to be or not.
Well regardless of whether or not you view it as insulting, at the end of the day, I used the term "prude" because it perfectly describes the nature of the arguments that were being presented. I'm frankly not concerned with whether or not people feel it's the most polite word to use, I prefer to be blunt and get my points across as simply as I can. I'd rather just say to someone "you're being a prude", than say "you are displaying an irrational amount of sexual modesty and also viewing things that are not inherently sexual in a sexual light so you can attempt to unjustifiably degrade them".

If my manner of using it is insulting, it's probably because the truth hurts if one feels they're at the critical end of it.

Last edited:

BloderModer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4748-9425
Stop making blind statements with no substance. Otherwise, nobody will take you seriously.
You are using fictional elements to justify obvious sexism.

Substance:

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Thanks for admitting that you are making weak excuses. :)
And you're creating a strawman in order to demonize an element you don't care for. It's in, it's decided, it's over with, deal with it.

This has been an element of Samus' character since her first game. And let's face it, it's a lot more modest now than it was then.

Now, back on topic? We might see a proper Justin Bailey alt now! :grin:

BloderModer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4748-9425
And you again make statements without any substantial points.

Yep, you're a troll or a robot.
Try to read next time before you write another post. You don't have any substantial arguments. You make up rules as you go and have problems separating reality from fantasy. You are gaslighting everyone that disagrees with you, either dismissing them as trolls or calling them insane.

As others have said. Nintendo has always sexualized Samus, and this game makes no exception to that rule. In many ways they've turned up the sex appeal even more. I can't ask for you to get some common sense, so I won't bother! I'm leaving!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You make up rules as you go and have problems separating reality from fantasy.
Irony at it's finest.

Also I believe you're the only one I referred to as being a possible troll, and you're not everyone that disagreed with me.

And I never said Samus was never sexualised in the slightest in anything ever, it's just the claimed sexualisation most are pointing out in regards to this new alt costume is prudish and in many ways, hypocritical.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think this sort of discussion has carried on for far too long. Let's get back to potential Zero Suit Samus outfits rather than scrutizinzing whether she is sexualized or over sexualized or not sexualized enough.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
Ohhh you're talking about that.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The profile picture for Riven's Bunny Suit in LoL (along with many other pictures depicting women in LoL) do the exact same thing. It's pretty shameless, really.

I thought you were talking about like... cartoon physics. Now it makes sense.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize that a Mod had posted.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Venus said drop it.
I personally don't see ZSS's Smash 4 render as sexualised at all (looks like she's preparing to kick someone in the gut, honestly), but the Brawl one was a bit harder to avoid focusing on her backside. In general, I thought she looked a little weird in Brawl. Her neck was oddly long. Though I kinda noticed a similar trend with other humanoid characters in Brawl (Pit comes to mind). And as I've said for the screenshot of the new costume, doesn't look like it's trying to emphasise anything other than that Samus fits under the "Action Girl" trope really well. And while I know some people simply think it doesn't look good on her (not in relation to whether or not it's sexualised or anything, some people just don't think it looks good on her - some people even say it's anything but sexy), I think it's a really good look for her.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
I'm very heavily in favor of a civillian clothes alt costume, or a military fatigues alt costume. There are many negative things to say about Other M, but it at least gave us those two things.

Honestly aside from those two, and maybe Justin Bailey, I'm not sure how many other referential costumes are going to be possible. I guess we can have different colored sports bras or something, but... I'm not sure why.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think ZSS will be getting any other "model change" costumes, since I'm sure any character getting one will just have the one. Heck, Sakurai did say this was a last minute addition, so I highly doubt ZSS has any others beyond colour changes.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Little Mac says hi.

Second sentence might have weight, though... but don't RIP Justin Bailey just yet.
How? Hoodie Mac is the only model swap. Wireframe Mac is only a texture swap, like America Mario. I even have the official render of him. Compare it to default Mac's official render, there is literally no difference besides texturing:

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Little Mac's fans are calling it an alt, that's what I'm going with. :ohwell:

...But by that same argument, Justin Bailey would only really be a texture change, too, so~ :chuckle:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People generally call anything besides the default an "alt".

And while you could get a Justin Bailey-esque costume with ZSS's default model and recolouring it, you would have to make an altered model for the exact look.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
And while you could get a Justin Bailey-esque costume with ZSS's default model and recolouring it, you would have to make an altered model for the exact look.
...Why, exactly? Strictly speaking, you're only changing the pattern on her legs and probably around her hips. The suit starting below at least mid-thigh takes on uniform texture and Samus's flesh color, everything north of that becomes shades of pink, and her hair is changed to green. Just a texture change, same as Wireframe Mac. :smirk:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
...Why, exactly? Strictly speaking, you're only changing the pattern on her legs and probably around her hips. The suit starting below at least mid-thigh takes on uniform texture and Samus's flesh color, everything north of that becomes shades of pink, and her hair is changed to green. Just a texture change, same as Wireframe Mac. :smirk:
Justin Bailey Samus has long untied hair from what I've seen. And simply retexturing the legs would look really shoddy on an HD system. If she is wearing something that ends at the thighs, it would have to visibly stick out from her body a little.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Justin Bailey Samus has long untied hair from what I've seen. And simply retexturing the legs would look really shoddy on an HD system. If she is wearing something that ends at the thighs, it would have to visibly stick out from her body a little.
No, it could cut in instead. Especially if it's supposed to be skintight.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I don't think ZSS will be getting any other "model change" costumes, since I'm sure any character getting one will just have the one. Heck, Sakurai did say this was a last minute addition, so I highly doubt ZSS has any others beyond colour changes.
It might be a possibility for ZSS to get 2. like you said this was a last minute addition so they might have added military uniform earlier on (a girl can dream)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom