• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Alt Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm trying to see what point you're making, but I keep coming up short. A reference to another game in the form of palette swaps is hardly unheard of in fighting games. Yes, even 3rd-party ones.
Skullgirls is chuck full of them. One of Big Band's palette swaps is a Dedede color.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
View attachment 12807 They should include these as new alt costumes. One based on the Zero Mission ending and the other on Justin Bailey.
I know I'm a bit late on this, but I NEED this in my life. That Justin Bailey is just perfect.

The only thing I'd want more is a alt costume with her hair down or short. That'd be refreshing.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

How about this?
It's her armor-less outfit from Metroid Fusion.
Yeah, that one looks kind of cool. The hair makes it stand out. I'd be fine with the Military suit too. But most people hate everything that has to do with Other M. So I can understand not using that one.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I agree with most of the posts in this topic. With that being said, I will mention something a little more outside-of-the-box, since pretty much everything else has been suggested already. What if one of her alternate costumes was her power suit with the helmet taken off? It's still quite form fitting, and I think it could work, if done properly. Same for the fusion suit.

Last edited:

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
I agree with most of the posts in this topic. With that being said, I will mention something a little more outside-of-the-box, since pretty much everything else has been suggested already. What if one of her alternate costumes was her power suit with the helmet taken off? It's still quite form fitting, and I think it could work, if done properly. Same for the fusion suit.
I don't remotely know how possible it'd be for them to incorporate something like that, but the idea is fantastic. Nothing like it even remotely occurred to me. I'd honestly just as much love to see no helmet as an alternate costume for Power Suit Samus (assuming a properly done Fusion suit isn't used).

Visualizing Samus in full gear, minus a helmet, kicking butt in smash has made my night. ...Er, morning. I need to sleep now.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'm thinking the basic Power Suit with the shoulder pads and arm cannon removed could work; the Wii Fit Trainers have slightly different body proportions but it's purely aesthetic. If they go the extra mile, they could make the removed pieces of armor look slightly damaged, to explain why they aren't present. That would also give the "Oh my, I'm not fully equipped. I suppose I'll have to handle this the hard way" feel I think they were originally trying to portray with Zero Suit Samus in Brawl.

As for Varia Suit Samus, if they simply removed her helmet as an alt. costume, they would be cool, too. It would remind me of the Prime 1 ending, as well as that rare Melee trophy. Although Varia Suit Samus has way more alt. costume potential, consider how many different suits of armor she has. Also, it would be weird if she took off her helmet and still made those robotic beeps (would be cool if she became silent, though, except for a couple of grunts). That's why I think my idea is more fitting for Zero Suit Samus.

Anyways... both versions of Samus have some of the best alt. costume and palette swap potential. Semi-off topic, but alt. costumes+palette swaps+customizable moveset = giving her armor different functions. This is already my favorite Smash Bros. Samus and I never played the game! lol

Last edited:

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I'd prefer less Other M references, not more.
Agreed, to be fair though Other M's ZSS was one of the few not terrible things about that game. And really there is only so much you can do with ZSS as far as alt costumes go. I'd still prefer something Other then her civilian clothes though. The Fusion and Zero mission outfits wouldn't be bad though. I'd personally like more Prime references, but really there isn't a different enough Zero Suit look from the prime games to really warrant a new costume. Though one of my biggest hopes is that we get the prime, or at least one of the prime looks as an alt costume for normal Samus, but that's not really on topic of this thread....

At the very least I hope there are some better color combinations than in Brawl. Justin Baily, maybe a black haired one or something. I was a little disappointed in the Brawl ones, some more variety in alt colors would be cool.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I think she'll look good with black hair. But she should have brown hair, too, because:

And of course green.

It's never been red in-game, but I'd like to see that, too, haha.

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see her military attire the most tbh

All you would have to do is strap the jet boots and it would fit

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'm going to search for official, unused artwork of Samus outside of her armor. There may be some things we might not have mentioned in this thread afterall. It might be very old or recent. I don't know. I hope I find something.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I did a lot of searching. I looked at old Nintendo comics, sketches, etc. I couldn't find anything new per se, but I did get a few interesting ideas.

First off... someone already posted her more iconic blue top and shorts. But her white clothes are also neat, in my opinion. If Varia Suit Samus has a Light Suit alt or palette swap, Zero Suit Samus could have one based off of this:

Behold the pants!

That's not all. Remember how someone suggested Gandrayda? I thought about her, and the Little Mac Wireframe alt. and it reminded me of how N64 Samus turns green and you can see inside of the suit when she gets shocked. That lighthearted easter egg reminded players that there's a woman inside of the armor, before it was as well known as it is today. If Zero Suit Samus had an alt. costume based on this, it would be a shoutout to Smash Bros. itself!

Lastly, I want to bring up something that would be a cool palette swap if she gets a Justin Bailey or Super Metroid alternate costume. She could have a monochrome style palette swap, as a Metroid 2 reference.

There's also her gun holsters or pink long sleeve shirt from Other M concept art... but lolnothanks.

Last edited:

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully one without that stupid mole on her face. Bring back her Brawl model!

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Zero Suit Samus white small.jpg

Don't know why I keep doing these...her suit here is a bit grayer than I'd like it to be. But I'm all about dat white palette swap doe.

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I want the black bikini from the best Super Metroid ending the most (on the right):

I like how this is the only version of suitless Samus where she actually has an athletic physique.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
You know they were thinking of putting a mole on Samus' face since Prime 1, right? It's in the concept art.
It's even before that in an interview about Super Metroid the developer (forgot his name) mentioned he was the only one to know where Samus has the mole

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Most of her 100% clears would be cool although they would have to make her wear pants to avoid problems. Also I'm wondering whether to have her hair from those models in its normal ponytail fashion or otherwise, because the older models are supposed to not have the pony tail hard for me to picture them with one all of a sudden.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
I'm most interested in the Justin Bailey design as a possible alternate costume.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Now that team color palette swaps don't have to exist thanks to team outlines, I think this really opens up some possibilities, especially for a Justin Bailey alt costume.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Based on the demo, her pallet swaps are identical to Brawl, except she was missing the green version. Otherwise, I didn't notice anything different.

Black's freakin' sexy, though.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I picked her pink palatte swap for the demo, but the black one is nice! They're even changing her ponytail color now. I can't imagine how cool her alt. costume will look like.

R0Y

Smash Master
It's even before that in an interview about Super Metroid the developer (forgot his name) mentioned he was the only one to know where Samus has the mole
Yeah...well, that developer was implying her butt or something with that line.

I agree with him, she's better off without the mole, that's for sure. I'm glad they didn't go with it for Prime. Samus' eyes have reverted back to blue like past games (except Other M), why can't we just throw her design and characterization in that game completely?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd love a retro design where she isn't sporting her Zero Suit or ponytail, but the good old Justin Baily design remade as a 3D model.

That would be cool.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
I'd love a retro design where she isn't sporting her Zero Suit or ponytail, but the good old Justin Baily design remade as a 3D model.

That would be cool.
That would be more than cool, but at this point, a recolor looks more likely to me, and is what I'm hoping for.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Black looks so awesome. I really hope we get a Justin Bailey alt costume, along with the green hair. It's completely possible from what we've seen so far.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
With other true alt costumes we've been getting from other characters now lately, I'm thinking suitless Samus in her civilian attire from the ending of Other M is more likely now.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Eh, I wouldn't count on that one. Then she'd be Civilian Clothes Samus, not Zero Suit Samus, haha. Her crop top/shorts and Justin Bailey outfits are closer to a jumpsuit than her civilian clothes are.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
True, but the civilian clothes would further shut up the "she's oversexualized!" people. Would not mind the top/shorts she had in Fusion though, myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom