• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zeltik's "The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom" Review

Fr6olahWAAQ6yff.jpg

The Legend of Zelda Yotuber Zeltik managed to play a little bit of the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Based in the United Kingdom, Zeltik was invited by Nintendo of Europe to take part in a play session with the new game. He spent in total 110 minutes with the first 50 being highly controlled in the area where game producer Eiji Aonuma showed fans in a gameplay trailer. During this playthrough, Zeltik was not able to capture any footage but he was able to play around with Link's abilities and skills. The last 90 minutes were devoted to allowing Zeltik to explore a portion of surface Hyrule and Sky Island's Hyrule in which he was able to capture footage. One thing that is of note is that details regarding the story were tightly controlled to the point that the portion that Zeltik played was designed in a way that he could experiment with Link's abilities but wasn't done in a way that spoiled the story. Nintendo has been keeping the development of the game under wraps and it's quite amazing that we still know so little about the premise of the game that will come out next month. We will let Zeltik explain his experience with the game in the video without divulging too many details.

Author's Notes: Are you excited about the upcoming game? What are you looking forward to most? What did you find most interesting about Zeltik's experience with the game? Let us know before and make sure to check Zeltik's other videos. I have been a loyal Zelda fan for decades and greatly enjoy Zeltik's in-depth analysis of Zelda lore and history. Not only the information he presents but the way he presents will give credence to the mystery that is the Zelda series.

Last edited:
Venus of the Desert Bloom

Comments

I'm actually completely floored that this game took 6 years to make and will cost $70. My interest in Zelda's future is nonexistent and I never would have imagined that day would come.

PhantomShab PhantomShab It's important to remember they were also working on the Breath of the Wild DLC as TotK was being developed. $70 is currently the industry standard, so while it's still too much money for any video game it's not uncommon anymore. Plus this development time is also pretty standard for big budget open-world sequels. God of War Ragnarok took about five years, Horizon Forbidden West took about four years, etc. I can't comment on the actual development of the game as I didn't make it, but it's not like it hasn't earned its price tag or development time.

TBF I might be in the minority but considering I tend to be quite conservative with the games I buy, I don't care as much about the $70 tag. Mostly because I have about 200-400 hours in most games I have with a few extreme outliers, I generally get my moneys worth and more.

PhantomShab PhantomShab It's important to remember they were also working on the Breath of the Wild DLC as TotK was being developed. $70 is currently the industry standard, so while it's still too much money for any video game it's not uncommon anymore. Plus this development time is also pretty standard for big budget open-world sequels. God of War Ragnarok took about five years, Horizon Forbidden West took about four years, etc. I can't comment on the actual development of the game as I didn't make it, but it's not like it hasn't earned its price tag or development time.
TotK already had the entirety of BotW's bland and empty world to build off of and all they've shown still looks like a DLC. It had absolutely NO business taking longer to make than even BotW did.

BTW speaking of tears of the Kingdom! I Hope The AMiibo Costumes return so i can put Link into his old Drip!
(Although these ammiboo clothes and weapons should be obtainable in game aswell as easier upgradable!)

I believe in with holding judgement on something until you either got to experience it firsthand or got to see the experience in the case of media. But I’m also a good judgement of what I would enjoy. I probably would enjoy this game but I don’t plan on purchasing this.

TotK already had the entirety of BotW's bland and empty world to build off of and all they've shown still looks like a DLC. It had absolutely NO business taking longer to make than even BotW did.
That’s what sequels do. They build off the original game to make something new.

I see this article right after I see one of this dude's videos for the first time, that's... Something, I suppose.

I'm still gonna wait for a verdict after launch cause I'm more on the casual side of being a Zelda fan, but I won't lie, I might end up playing BotW again after 5 years, I hope there's a way to change the time of day cause that ended up screwing me over a few times, dunno if BotW let me do that cause I was fully blind

No actually using the exact same map as the first game isn't very common at all for sequels.
Aonouma's stated multiple times that it's got a ton of changes to the map, and we've seen a **** ton of new areas. If your argument is just that it looks the same, then I don't know what to tell you. Sorry you can't be as excited for TotK as everyone else is.

Aonouma's stated multiple times that it's got a ton of changes to the map, and we've seen a **** ton of new areas. If your argument is just that it looks the same, then I don't know what to tell you. Sorry you can't be as excited for TotK as everyone else is.
The most recent footage gave us this.

Not only are Koroks and their poop seeds back but the Zelda team didn't even bother giving them new dialogue.

This has been an absolute waste of 6 years from what I've seen. Literally every aspect I hated in BotW was doubled down on and its not even going to bother at least stomping my hopes into foreign soil. Yeah, I'm not excited.

yes the NPC's who give you new inventory slots not having new dialogue is a total game changer
The fact that the same exact overworld from BotW is being reused just makes this stand out even more. It makes every unchanged thing stand out that much more.

Top Bottom