• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Stage Discussion #10 -- Battlefield!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Max revive, MAX REVIVE! We don't main a freaking pokemon. That should've been a fairy in a bottle and you know it!
hahaha! O I was caught out on this one aye =D

Alright the next stage is good ol' lylat. I love the animated backdrop and slants <3 I hate recovering on this stage though.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Platforms are good as long as your not on them, they set up nair and lightning kicks

But......

The ship tilting back and forth + the mad skinny ledge = have fun trying to recovery :mad:

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Also the tilting can make attempting Teleport Canceling much more difficult than usual, if not impossible altogether.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
This stage has nice slant parts and low platforms that give Zelda lots of chances for D-tilt locks and aerial/U-smash poking. It also isn't quite small enough to make her suffer constant pressuring (unless she's fighting MK) and not big enough to make it impossible to deal with campers. The platforms also may help her approach some foes. It's basically almost as good stage as Luigi's mansion.

...Until she gets off-stage, that is. When that happens pretty much anybody can edgeguard her with little effort. And even if they can't the stage's weird ledges and tilting do the job for them.

It's also good to remember that most of the characters can also use the layout for their advantage just like Zelda, so she doesn't exactly dominate on-stage either. (I think that's the nicest way to say it)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
It can be a pain to recover on this stage. Kind of like the hell transformation on Seige. Beware of the shifting. It's kind of like a smaller BF which is good for Zelda since your opponent doesn't have much room to run. You can camp platforms against jectile spammers. The platform can be troublesome for larger characters. Upsmash or nair thru platforms which everyone you feel would be better. Overall not a bad stage but the tilt can wreck your recovery.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
It would be a perfect Zelda stage if it didn't screw over her recovery. Lots of platforms is a good thing for Zelda and the relatively low blastzones makes for some early kills..........although you'll more than likely be dying early as well. Overall it's not a terrible stage but it's not a particularly good stage for Zelda either.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Lylat Cruise is a pretty cool stage. Though, I can’t say it’s a great stage for Zelda.

The platforms are generally best for nairs and sometimes surprise short hop uairs. U-smash doesn’t always hit though. It really depends on how far the ship has tilted.

Recovering on Lylat sucks. Never recover vertically if you can help it, because you will likely hit the lip of the stage and die.

Also, the ceiling is pretty high IIRC, so U-smash kills will be harder to do. So D-smash might be a better alternative.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Can we do Halberd next, cus theres lots of disagreements and different opinions about it that have been post in the counterpick thread, so It'd be nice to discuss only the stage for a bit.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
We've done halberd though :)

I don't mind rediscussing it however - or we can move on. It seems there wasn't much talk on Lylat. Who doesn't do so hot on this stage?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
*raises hand*

I've done awesome here before...... but it's never a stage I jump to unless my oponent or his character sucks there.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Alright! We've moved stages and it's Battlefield now. This could be Zelda's best neutral and stage, so I don't want any generic info, I'm after little specific tricks you can use to surprise the opponent. I know I like to do walkoff bairs on the platforms if ever the situation arises. You can also dtilt lock and dsmash tall characters wen you're stood on one of the side platforms... so yeah, I'm sure there's plenty to talk about for this stage :)

I think we should explore stuff like DASC as well.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
You can ledgewarp the side from just a little farther than the center of the stage (theres a little line exactly in the middle that help you space it right)

Reverse Naryu's Love while someones hanging on the edge->LK can be done, it was in the Zelda guide and Ive done it once or twice.

Ill keep thinking, those were just 2 off the top of my head >_>

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I LOVE this stage! I reckon it is one of her best stages.

First, the platforms open all sorts of opportunities.

The two lower platforms, you can do these sorts of things:

- You can nair through the platforms for damage racking.
- U-smash through the platforms for kills (Although, sometimes you will miss, so you should learn where and when it’ll kill).
- Utilt goes through the platform too.
- You can get Fair Sparky Kicks pretty easily if they are grounded on the platform.

The top platform isn’t as useful:

- Surprise uair kills are awesome. They will kill REALLY early if they are grounded on the top platform.

On the grounded part of the stage:

- Jabs setup grabs, which can lead to those Dthrow spikes on Lucario, Falco, Dedede and Ganon. (Yes, it is rare. But the possibility exists xD)

Recovering:

- Is relatively easy because there is hardly a lip on the stage. You can recover vertically quite well here without dying.
I’ll post more when I remember/think of other stuff. :p

It’s basically a really good balanced stage for Zelda with ideal blastzones. It’s not too big, yet not too small.

I would recommend this as the neutral stage you should always go on.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
platforms are set up really well for aerials and poking... and giving you more places to land with farore's... not to mention the ledge is kind anyway.

Top Bottom