• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's alt costumes

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I still think it's made up, as some kind of Toon Zelda. I'm not sure because of the fact it's offscreen, but I still find it to have that Toon Zelda specific blond hair...
I think it's because the picture is of a screen- it washes out the image making the hair appear lighter. It'll probably look different in game.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
If Mii Gunner gets an alternate costume and Zelda doesn't, something is wrong with Sakurai and his team.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Is there any alts that corepsond to a Link Between Worlds or not.
If Mii Gunner gets an alternate costume and Zelda doesn't, something is wrong with Sakurai and his team.
I've always felt like Zelda's been washed out, like she's a second thought to Sakurai. Like her horrible balancing in brawl and some such. Even though she's a veteran of three games. Really I feel like she needs a lot of love. Maybe it's because I main her.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I would love a Midna costume for Zelda. Sakurai could do it like Peach and Daisy where they are are not the same character but picking Peach gives you the option of Daisy's colors. Midna was such a cool character and one of my favorites from the Zelda series so lets make it happen Sakurai!

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Y'all want SS zelda in her pink dress but forgetting about the elegant, simple, priestess one

now THAT'S the outfit that I wanna fight in
I think it'd be more likely she'd get her white one because that's what she spent most of the game in. Although I could say the same of her pink dress because it's more iconic to the game.
I'd be fine with either and I'm pretty sure we're going to get an SS alt, I want the pink version cause those boots.

Say what you will about SS Zelda and TP Zelda but they share one thing.
A fantastic taste in boots.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I know theres a 0% chance of this but I really think this costume would be great. Hylia (Zelda) from the Manga. She looks more mature and still maintains her Skyward Sword look so it'd be easier to work with her existing character model in SSB.
Hylia_Manga_SS.png

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I know theres a 0% chance of this but I really think this costume would be great. Hylia (Zelda) from the Manga. She looks more mature and still maintains her Skyward Sword look so it'd be easier to work with her existing character model in SSB.
View attachment 17472
I kind of wonder how they would do the hair. TP Zelda's is free but than braided near the bottom while SS Zelda is free. They share the side braid thingies but I wonder if they would just retexture it or what. I'm not an animator so I don't know. I just wish they would show us at least one!
My wish for alt costumes is: SS Zelda and Hilda.
I think I'll get it because SS and ALBW are the most recent games, they both did well and were popular.
Plus I freaking loved Hilda with her red eyes and purple hair and her troubled personality...

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
I think it'd be more likely she'd get her white one because that's what she spent most of the game in. Although I could say the same of her pink dress because it's more iconic to the game.
I'd be fine with either and I'm pretty sure we're going to get an SS alt, I want the pink version cause those boots.

Say what you will about SS Zelda and TP Zelda but they share one thing.
A fantastic taste in boots.
Amen. I gotta find out where to get those boots
Leave it to the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom to choose sensible shoes that look great.
It might be a bit of a problem having both Hilda alt colours and SS Zelda in the game as I won't be able to choose between them

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Amen. I gotta find out where to get those boots
Leave it to the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom to choose sensible shoes that look great.
It might be a bit of a problem having both Hilda alt colours and SS Zelda in the game as I won't be able to choose between them
I have a pair of navy combat boots. Once you break in a pair of boots they're fashionable, comfortable and sexy as hell. Gotta love the boots.
I would be drawn between Hilda and TP Zelda cause they are easily my favorite characters in the entire series. Hilda just stole my heart and TP Zelda just holds me captive. I'm torn.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I kind of wonder how they would do the hair. TP Zelda's is free but than braided near the bottom while SS Zelda is free. They share the side braid thingies but I wonder if they would just retexture it or what. I'm not an animator so I don't know. I just wish they would show us at least one!
My wish for alt costumes is: SS Zelda and Hilda.
I think I'll get it because SS and ALBW are the most recent games, they both did well and were popular.
Plus I freaking loved Hilda with her red eyes and purple hair and her troubled personality...
Well, Goddess SS Zelda have free hair, but Villager SS Zelda have braided hair like TP Zelda.

Despite the fact that the white dress can be seen as her main clothing in SS (and it's fancy as ****), I do think that she is more recognizable as a villager. And I think it's the outfit that gives the more variety.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Well, Goddess SS Zelda have free hair, but Villager SS Zelda have braided hair like TP Zelda.

Despite the fact that the white dress can be seen as her main clothing in SS (and it's fancy as ****), I do think that she is more recognizable as a villager. And I think it's the outfit that gives the more variety.
I never realized that it was braided in the back. That's cute.
Look at how thin her waist is though. Seriously.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman

Actually I would say that they are both equally recognizable because they are the exact same girl. TBH it would make more sense that the white dress be more recognizable as it was what she wore for the majority of the game. Skyward Sword Zelda doesn't wear a braid it's clearly just a pony tail swathed in cloth-much like those hair dangly things.

I prefer the "civilian clothes" (technically ceremonial as Zelda said in-game) to the goddess clothes just because the goddess outfit is so plain- which is why i'd prefer goddess Hylia to the priestess garb.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Actually I would say that they are both equally recognizable because they are the exact same girl. TBH it would make more sense that the white dress be more recognizable as it was what she wore for the majority of the game. Skyward Sword Zelda doesn't wear a braid it's clearly just a pony tail swathed in cloth-much like those hair dangly things.

I prefer the "civilian clothes" (technically ceremonial as Zelda said in-game) to the goddess clothes just because the goddess outfit is so plain- which is why i'd prefer goddess Hylia to the priestess garb.
At which point while discussing the SS Zelda alt we come to a point where we realize that we're trying to figure out which SS Zelda we should use.
Most likely they would use the pink look because there's more there to look at and it's a bit more well known.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Yea, and I said yea that the civilian clothes look better but no to that it's more well known- I think if anything the goddess clothing would be more well known- but that's just me, not like theres an official poll or anything.

BUT judging on how they used Link's SS Civilian clothes Zelda will most likely get the look pictured below...

bowqe0s.gif

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Yea, and I said yea that the civilian clothes look better but no to that it's more well known- I think if anything the goddess clothing would be more well known- but that's just me, not like theres an official poll or anything.

BUT judging on how they used Link's SS Civilian clothes Zelda will most likely get the look pictured below...

View attachment 17481
That gif is pretty adorable.
So we could get SS, TP and --crossing my fingers-- ALBW. For ALBW they could have Link look like Ravio.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Famitsu released a preview where we can see a Skyward Sword Zelda costume in Hyrule Warriors.

And it's the civilian clothes. With this, I really think that they are more recognizable, and "emblematic" of Skyward Sword.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Famitsu released a preview where we can see a Skyward Sword Zelda costume.

And it's the civilian clothes. With this, I really think that they are more recognizable, and "emblematic" of Skyward Sword.
Is this for Smash 4 or Hyrule Warriors?
It's also visual appeal. To me the white dress was a little bland, particularly when you consider the high fantasy looks that pretty much all the Zelda's have after somewhere around Minish cap. The civilian dress was good, it felt like SS Zelda lost a little bit of her identity after taking it off.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It's also visual appeal. To me the white dress was a little bland, particularly when you consider the high fantasy looks that pretty much all the Zelda's have after somewhere around Minish cap. The civilian dress was good, it felt like SS Zelda lost a little bit of her identity after taking it off.
It's for Hyrule Warriors, (corrected my post.)
And yes, the civilian clothes have uniqueness.

Also, I think this confirms that we don't really care about proportions, if HW Zelda can have both TP and SS costumes.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
It's for Hyrule Warriors, (corrected my post.)
And yes, the civilian clothes have uniqueness.

Also, I think this confirms that we don't really care about proportions, if HW Zelda can have both TP and SS costumes.
Thank's for clearing that up.
For Hyrule Warriors it doesn't really matter, they probably have an animation designed for this. But in smash 4, which is more nitpicky, I don't think they would change the size of the character model. Seeing SS Zelda's design on a TP Zelda's frame to me wouldn't look right. From what Link and Little Mac's got I don't think they're changing the model, just the texture plus a few more layers.
Of course I'm no animations expert.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Thank's for clearing that up.
For Hyrule Warriors it doesn't really matter, they probably have an animation designed for this. But in smash 4, which is more nitpicky, I don't think they would change the size of the character model. Seeing SS Zelda's design on a TP Zelda's frame to me wouldn't look right. From what Link and Little Mac's got I don't think they're changing the model, just the texture plus a few more layers.
Of course I'm no animations expert.
Little Mac's pink sweater is more than texture, not to mention the Wii Fit Trainers.

By the way, if SS Zelda is a costume for Zelda in Smash, it would be a new model, like the Zelda we have, so I don't think that the body frame is really something problematic. Sure, the original design need some tweaks, but a new model have to be done in any cases.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Little Mac's pink sweater is more than texture, not to mention the Wii Fit Trainers.

By the way, if SS Zelda is a costume for Zelda in Smash, it would be a new model, like the Zelda we have, so I don't think that the body frame is really something problematic. Sure, the original design need some tweaks, but a new model have to be done in any cases.
You do have a point there.
I'm not opposed to a SS Zelda, I just want to know how they're going to do her.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm guessing that it would be TP Body frame with SS civilian clothing and haircut. Maybe some changes to the nose too.
Zelda comparison.jpg

Luckily a nose change is not needed, as the ssb4 zelda has SS Zelda's nose. All they need to do is change her clothing and everyone will be happy.

Actually Zelda has looked high fantasy since ALTTP, so even earlier than Minish Cap.

The Priestess garb was a little bland, but we have to remember that she was not a princess and it would have been ridiculous for her to show up in her usual princess attire. Contrary to your belief I think the clothing change reinforced the fact that she was a goddess and solified her role in the story as someone more important than Link's lady friend.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
View attachment 17760

Luckily a nose change is not needed, as the ssb4 zelda has SS Zelda's nose. All they need to do is change her clothing and everyone will be happy.

Actually Zelda has looked high fantasy since ALTTP, so even earlier than Minish Cap.

The Priestess garb was a little bland, but we have to remember that she was not a princess and it would have been ridiculous for her to show up in her usual princess attire. Contrary to your belief I think the clothing change reinforced the fact that she was a goddess and solified her role in the story as someone more important than Link's lady friend.
I never truly liked SS Zelda, she just didn't feel like... Zelda. Particularly after the bada** ending that TP Zelda gave, the pirate Tetra, and then the awesomeness that is ST Zelda (I stand by the remark that she was only 'half' kidnapped'). I felt like she was too passive, she never had that moment where she stepped up on screen and showed us what she was made of. I kept on expecting it, but it didn't happen, it was a disappointment after the great showing her predecessors gave.
haha, yup though they stuck to the TP makeup- which is honestly better.
I like the combination, they make her look a little younger while still retaining that "I'll rip your throat out" vibe that I got from TP Zelda's eyes. Plus they look larger, so they express better. Now that I think about we've only seen TP Zelda smile once, at the beginning of the subspace emissary. I wish I could find a good picture of that.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
SS Zelda was a great character (although I still stand by ST Zelda as as the best, definitive Zelda). She had her development and she had relationships (I'm not a Zelink supporter, but I did like her and Impa), she emoted, she got mad, she got sad, she got glad, and all those wonderful emotions. However in just about every Zelda game after Ocarina of Time every Zelda has had a moment where I go "that's it, that's a Zelda being awesome". I did not do that once, and that's why I will forever be biased against SS Zelda.
Sorry.
Speaking of ST Zelda, can we please have her as an alt too? I'll sacrifice my vote for a ALBW Hilda for a really proper ST Zelda alt, I mean we already got the phantom.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I agree that SS Zelda doesn't have that "awesome" vibe like the others. It's mainly because she isn't awake during the final battle (and it happens in another dimension, by the way). But her charm is somewhere else. I do like her cuteness, and her role in general, being a simple girl unaware that she is the reincarnation of a goddess. I do like the idea of her having a initiatory route with Impa. It's quite a shame she ends up being a damsel in distress during the end of the game.

By the way, I seriously think that Civilian Zelda is possible now.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
However in just about every Zelda game after Ocarina of Time every Zelda has had a moment where I go "that's it, that's a Zelda being awesome". I did not do that once, and that's why I will forever be biased against SS Zelda.
zeldaxlink.jpg

I think this was Skyward Sword Zelda's awesome moment- perhaps just not in the typical "I'll kick your a** now" sort of way. But I understand where you're coming from, especially after we've had Zelda have a more active role in the final battle the last couple of games (Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks, Twilight Princess)

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I reallyyy want a Hyrule Warriors Alternate.

Also, Her Din's Fire Range should be longer + faster and her lighting kicks should be alot easier to land. Not hard to do Sakurai.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
View attachment 17764

I think this was Skyward Sword Zelda's awesome moment- perhaps just not in the typical "I'll kick your a** now" sort of way. But I understand where you're coming from, especially after we've had Zelda have a more active role in the final battle the last couple of games (Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks, Twilight Princess)
I fully expected and wished for her to just wake-up and b**** slap Ghiraham. Man, that would have been the best thing ever.
It's not like Zelda's the most feminist character but I cling to what I can get and I'm pretty damn picky too, mostly because I'm a rabid tomboy. That's just me though.
I reallyyy want a Hyrule Warriors Alternate.

Also, Her Din's Fire Range should be longer + faster and her lighting kicks should be alot easier to land. Not hard to do Sakurai.
I want that freaking sword, Jesus is that one sexy sword.
*Raises hand quietly*
I vote Zelda for high tier.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I fully expected and wished for her to just wake-up and b**** slap Ghiraham. Man, that would have been the best thing ever.
It's not like Zelda's the most feminist character but I cling to what I can get and I'm pretty damn picky too, mostly because I'm a rabid tomboy. That's just me though.

I want that freaking sword, Jesus is that one sexy sword.
*Raises hand quietly*
I vote Zelda for high tier.
YAAAS. She can use her magic plus the sword, it'll be the perfect combination! Make it happen in Smash 5 Sakurai-san!

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I want this as an alt. so bad peoples wanting Gannondorth reveled on Hyrule Warriors release date but I wouldn't care to have this

This is a Must Have alt.

Top Bottom