• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's alt costumes

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
After seeing the Midna trophy, the Midna color scheme seems likely now I think.

A Hilda color scheme would be nice too.

That one color scheme is good, but I can't tell, are the eyes red?

Because Hilda has red eyes.
Hilda.png

Eyes are red.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
That Hilda costume needs to happen! I wouldn't mind that as a replacement for the "dark" Zelda costume from Brawl.

Morbi

Scavenger
This one probably wouldn't happen, but I wouldn't mind "Hooded Zelda."

I also really enjoy the prospect of a Hilda alternate, but I am still hoping for SS Zelda.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
A Hilda skin NEEDS to happen, since Zelda was revealed not long after A Link Between Worlds was released. Midna could work, but I'm having my doubts because of Midna herself being an assist trophy (though Luigi had a Waluigi skin while Waluigi was an assist trophy is Brawl). But my personal preference would be Puppet Zelda from Twilight Princess. Basic, but an awesome and easy skin to create.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
A Hilda skin NEEDS to happen, since Zelda was revealed not long after A Link Between Worlds was released. Midna could work, but I'm having my doubts because of Midna herself being an assist trophy (though Luigi had a Waluigi skin while Waluigi was an assist trophy is Brawl). But my personal preference would be Puppet Zelda from Twilight Princess. Basic, but an awesome and easy skin to create.
Zelda's page still says "Want to know more about Zelda? Visit the official website for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds!" so... Yes, it would be a shame not to make a Hilda color.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
A Hilda skin NEEDS to happen, since Zelda was revealed not long after A Link Between Worlds was released. Midna could work, but I'm having my doubts because of Midna herself being an assist trophy (though Luigi had a Waluigi skin while Waluigi was an assist

Zelda's page still says "Want to know more about Zelda? Visit the official website for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds!" so... Yes, it would be a shame not to make a Hilda color.
trophy is Brawl). But my personal preference would be Puppet Zelda from Twilight Princess. Basic, but an awesome and easy skin to create.
She was revealed the day a link between worlds come out, so I'll be really suprised if we don't see anything thing from that game and i'd expect a hilda costume at least if we got nothing

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I expect the Hilda color scheme, the retro Link for Toon Link (like in Brawl), and some trophies.

Maybe a Yuga color for Ganondorf? :troll:

R0Y

Smash Master
In terms of alt costume, if she gets any, she'll probably get her most recent appearance.

I think they'll just give her an Ocarina of Time pallete swap though.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I totally agree, Zelda should totally have both Possessed Zelda and Hilda color swaps, I main Ganon, so it would be nice to have Zelda look like Ganon's Puppet like in the boss fight of Twilight Princess especially since Zelda is my second main, both my top mains are Zelda characters.

Morbi

Scavenger
In terms of alt costume, if she gets any, she'll probably get her most recent appearance.

I think they'll just give her an Ocarina of Time pallete swap though.
Her most recent appearance was in "A Link Between Worlds" though.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Now that I think about it, after seeing the Villagers screenshots, I think it would be a nice touch to see, at least, OoT Zelda's haircut for the OoT palette swap. The OoT and TP designs are not that much different after all.
This, a Hilda palette and a SS costume.

That's what is good with Zelda. She represent all Zeldas, and this allows every possibilities :awesome:

Oh, also, about Puppet Zelda... As much as I love her, I don't think it's really a great idea, as it's doesn't change that much. But Sonic in Brawl is a counter argument :troll: So if it happens, I'll certainly be glad to see it.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Now that I think about it, after seeing the Villagers screenshots, I think it would be a nice touch to see, at least, OoT Zelda's haircut for the OoT palette swap. The OoT and TP designs are not that much different after all.
This, a Hilda palette and a SS costume.

That's what is good with Zelda. She represent all Zeldas, and this allows every possibilities :awesome:

Oh, also, about Puppet Zelda... As much as I love her, I don't think it's really a great idea, as it's doesn't change that much. But Sonic in Brawl is a counter argument :troll: So if it happens, I'll certainly be glad to see it.
It may not change much of her design, but that is exactly why I want a Puppet Zelda skin. I always fought in Zelda's default colour, but maybe having the black dress and the green skin/normal hair could work instead of having her original dress colours.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
It may not change much of her design, but that is exactly why I want a Puppet Zelda skin. I always fought in Zelda's default colour, but maybe having the black dress and the green skin/normal hair could work instead of having her original dress colours.
I totally agree with that besides Link has his Dark Link thing and Puppet Zelda is somewhat what you could consider Dark Zelda, my thought is its similar to Link's Dark Link, use it.

Also that white hair Zelda has got to go.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
I totally agree with that besides Link has his Dark Link thing and Puppet Zelda is somewhat what you could consider Dark Zelda, my thought is its similar to Link's Dark Link, use it.

Also that white hair Zelda has got to go.
Agreed. I liked the black dress, but the hair is what killed it for me. Maybe if they changed her eye colour to like a red or white (something evil) it could've worked, but still.
It has to go.:ohwell:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I personally loved the White haired Zelda. It was in the continuity of the Dark Link skin, along side "Grandpanondorf". Besides the "dark look", I thought it was really classy, and that the white hair added a regal touch.

That's also something I love with Smash: the alt colors. Sometimes, it happens to be original and really good (White Peach comes to mind). I don't mind if it doesn't have meaning or origins, I simply like to see my character differently sometimes.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
I personally loved the White haired Zelda. It was in the continuity of the Dark Link skin, along side "Grandpanondorf". Besides the "dark look", I thought it was really classy, and that the white hair added a regal touch.

That's also something I love with Smash: the alt colors. Sometimes, it happens to be original and really good (White Peach comes to mind). I don't mind if it doesn't have meaning or origins, I simply like to see my character differently sometimes.
That's fair enough. To each their own I guess.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A Hilda color swap seems like a good idea. The Black and White Zelda in Brawl was ok. It's just not as top tier as Grandpa-Dorf.

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
Blue OoT (melee) Zelda is my all time favorite Zelda model/color in a smash game; I'd LOVE to get that Model/Color back (graphically improved obviously).

(Only a drawing but its correct)

In reality, the OoT reskin is more likely, and I like that too; just not as much :p.

Also, I would be utterly shocked if there is not a Hilda recolor either.
Lastly, can we get Zelda's melee taunt back? I like what they did with Link in brawl, bringing back his 64 taunt. Why not do it with more characters?

Last edited:

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
These + Skyward Sword Zelda. That Midna recolor is amazing
Made a few palette swaps I'd like to see, since alternate costumes may be a little much:

First is of course her default, Twilight Princess outfit.
Second is Ocarina of Time.
Third is based on Princess Hilda.
Fourth is based on Midna.
Fifth is based on her Hylia outfit with elements of her default Skyward Sword outfit.
Sixth is loosely based on the image above of her Link to the Past design. (Blue Team outfit)
The last two are just quickly thrown together Green and Red Team outfits.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Blue OoT (melee) Zelda is my all time favorite Zelda model/color in a smash game; I'd LOVE to get that Model/Color back (graphically improved obviously).

(Only a drawing but its correct)

In reality, the OoT reskin is more likely, and I like that too; just not as much :p.

Also, I would be utterly shocked if there is not a Hilda recolor either.
Lastly, can we get Zelda's melee taunt back? I like what they did with Link in brawl, bringing back his 64 taunt. Why not do it with more characters?
I loved Zelda's recolour's in Melee better than Brawl. It was basic but beautiful, and I often varied with her colours. But in Brawl, I only liked her default colour unfortunately.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
I loved Zelda's recolour's in Melee better than Brawl. It was basic but beautiful, and I often varied with her colours. But in Brawl, I only liked her default colour unfortunately.
I agree with the exception of the black-and-white recolor in Brawl. I usually used that one for her and Sheik.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
ZeldaColorsMelee.png

I think the last one is the best- I too thought the recolors were done better in melee.

Top Bottom