• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's alt costumes

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
If we were to get an alt costume for Zelda I would prefer a Hyrule Warriors one because it is awesome and unique to say the least. I love the battle mage look compared to her normal dress with shoulder armor, and it fits Zelda as a character very well. If we ended up getting Hyrule Warriors as a costume I would never pick anything else lol.
Well, I would simply take too much time to choose between TP and HW Zelda, to the point of annoying my friends at the character select screen :laugh:

HW Zelda is absolutely great, but I honestly think that SS Zelda is more plausible, and cool as well.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

I need thisss as an Alternateeeee. If the next Zelda is too childish like SS Zelda, use HW Zelda for the next Smash.....after the upcoming one(s).

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Considering Red Zelda have no gloves (just sleeves), I think it would happen on this color as well. Oh, and I guess the thing in front would be more blue, but this looks great.

And honestly, it looks way better than what I imagined!
Actually, Red Zelda is still wearing gloves. You can see them more clearly in her victory animation:

Jump to 2:26.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Actually, Red Zelda is still wearing gloves. You can see them more clearly in her victory animation:

Jump to 2:26.
They are too. I like how they put in a lot of detail in her alternate costumes, like the gems on her outfit and even the bandages in her hair.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867

Zelda's appearence in A Link to the Past. Her new blue dress/blonde hair costume could be based off of something like this.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it would have been nicer without the gloves. It looks like they wanted to make it seem like she wasn't wearing gloves without having to remodel her hands. Oh well.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
I don't even think Hyrule Warrior's Zelda is even a possibility for an alt costume, It's technically not even a legit Zelda game.
Though, I don't think it would be too difficult to make considering it's just Blonde TP Zelda in a warriors garb.
Still it's probably not happening.

I honestly don't think there are going to be any true alt costumes, probably just recolors, hence Link's new costume.
2emhco1.png

This doesn't look too bad, but still........ :'(

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
On a side note, Hyrule Warriors' Zelda have a Twilight Princess costume.

Now, it just have to happen in Smash too! :awesome:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Oh, awesome! I wasn't expecting that. It really would be great if Smash Bros. returned the favor. :b:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The only problem is that it seems to be a preorder bonus / DLC. And Link also have a TP costume... But it doesn't look that good compared to Zelda.

Spoiler, to preserve childrens about this.

It almost look like HW Link's face photoshopped on TP Link. (ok, I'm trolling a bit :troll:)

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

Edit: Plus she just looks plain awesome XD[/quote]

You got that right! Take a look at my signature and.HW Zelda seem
On a side note, Hyrule Warriors' Zelda have a Twilight Princess costume.

Now, it just have to happen in Smash too! :awesome:
LOL. Since she has a TP costume in HW, she should get a HW costume in Smash4 :p . Sakurai make it happennn!
HW Zelda is waifu - she'd make a dope alternate.
Yep.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
The only problem is that it seems to be a preorder bonus / DLC. And Link also have a TP costume... But it doesn't look that good compared to Zelda.

Spoiler, to preserve childrens about this.

It almost look like HW Link's face photoshopped on TP Link. (ok, I'm trolling a bit :troll:)
To be honest, I thought it was photoshopped when I first saw it. Zelda's was much more believable. :awesome:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't see why Zelda's HW costume is so impossible to appear in Smash. Yeah, I agree it's unlikely, but for entirely different reasons (it came too late in Smash 4's development.)

I don't think being an official/canon Zelda title has anything to do with it... Nintendo owns the designs anyway.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Why would Smash Bros a game that draws characters from the Nintendo universe use character models sourced from a 3rd party developer. That's right they wouldn't. Hyrule Warrior's designs wouldn't be in smash bros even if they had been released a year ago. Hyrule Warrior's isn't considered a Zelda game, it's Dynasty Warriors. Because Skyward Sword was an anomaly (Zelda being a civilian/ No Ganon) the designs of the characters were shifted to the previous generation, hence the TP designs we see now.

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. With Little Mac getting both a Wireframe Costume and a Pink Sweatsuit costume, it seems more likely that everyone has at least one new costume model.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Yeah. With Little Mac getting both a Wireframe Costume and a Pink Sweatsuit costume, it seems more likely that everyone has at least one new costume model.
Now the big question is which one Zelda is getting. Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds or Hyrule Warriors? I personally fully support Hyrule Warriors because look at that awesomeness.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Skyward Sword's is the most different and popular, A Link Between Worlds' is filled with Nostalgia, and Hyrule Warriors' is as badass as Twilight Princess' Zelda, and there a TP costume as well.

But I think the most likely is Skyward Sword's Zelda.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Are alt costumes being considered recolours now?

If they're giving Zelda an alt costume it will be Skyward Sword.
ALBW is too close to the idea of TP Zelda, and Hyrule Warriors Zelda is impossible for the reasons I stated in my previous post.

Last edited:

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Am I the only one still questioning what that new Zelda skin is? (The blonde hair/blue dress)

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Okay, that didn't answer my question....

anyways, I take it this is what you're talking about?
Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 7.12.29 PM.png

It appears to just be made up, possibly just for the purpose of having 4 colors to choose from at e3.

Or, it could possibly be replacing the OoT Zelda alt?

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
The pic of the day today gave me hope!!! I still don't expect Hyrule Warriors Zelda, but I would be so insanely happy if we did get to use that design.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Okay, that didn't answer my question....

anyways, I take it this is what you're talking about?
View attachment 17365

It appears to just be made up, possibly just for the purpose of having 4 colors to choose from at e3.

Or, it could possibly be replacing the OoT Zelda alt?
Yes, that one. Maybe it could be what Zelda's colour scheme will be for Zelda U? I don't know, but I quite like it still.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha, to tell you the truth it reminds me a lot of this Zelda...
180px-Crossbow_Zelda_(The_White_Knight).png

Probably just because of the color scheme.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Hahaha, to tell you the truth it reminds me a lot of this Zelda...
View attachment 17366
Probably just because of the color scheme.
I'm trying to figure out what she's doing in that picture. Like what?
Oh, wait it's a crossbow. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure she's using wrong. Can we have that as her final smash, a crossbow instead of a regular bow?
I want to say the blue Zelda is like from a Link to The Past because that's her only incarnation with a blue dress:

Since Link got a Skyward Sword alt I would think Zelda would too. How they'll do it I have no idea, the dress is shorter for example and she's wearing sandals. If they do a Link Between Worlds (probably because it's the most recent game) than I want her to have the cloak, because that would be f***ing cool. Who knows, maybe she'd have both.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
If they're giving Zelda an alt costume it will be Skyward Sword.
ALBW is too close to the idea of TP Zelda, and Hyrule Warriors Zelda is impossible for the reasons I stated in my previous post.
Why not just give her all 3? They took the time to make TWO alts for Little Mac.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Why not just give her all 3? They took the time to make TWO alts for Little Mac.
Forget that let's have all the Zeldas, including the ones from the original games. Please everybody. If we wanna aim big, let's aim really big.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Now I wonder if Wireframe Mac is just considered a texture (well, it's a bit more, as the shading is more cartoonish).
I'm no expert but I'd imagine it's something like that, Link's SS alt is the shape of his old tunic but with a few more layers and different colors.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 7.12.29 PM.png

This is purple not blue, right?

Now I wonder if Wireframe Mac is just considered a texture (well, it's a bit more, as the shading is more cartoonish).
I think it's a texture, because it doesn't add anything to the character model itself. It's like an advanced palette swap.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Excuse my color blindness because you are right, that is a very deep shade of purple with a blue tone. Blond Zelda that's purple? I have no idea. TP princess is the only Zelda that has purple in her design... unless it's like Hilda but blond? Oh, maybe it's Hilda and the Zelda from ALbtW combined. I'll need a better picture to be sure though.

The purple matches Hilda's dress and the blond hair Zelda's. But the jewel in the center of the circlet is red, not blue. I don't know, it's a shot in the dark.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I still think it's made up, as some kind of Toon Zelda. I'm not sure because of the fact it's offscreen, but I still find it to have that Toon Zelda specific blond hair...

Top Bottom