• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's alt costumes

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What are some alt costume ideas for Zelda?

I'm still holding out for SS Zelda but I'd like to see OoT Zelda return. And Possessed Zelda from TP would be pretty cool.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I was thinking of this this morning!

I think TP Zelda is too big to fit as a alt costume with SS Zelda though. To make sure everything fits, they can't have the models too different and i think SS Zelda is a little too short.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
There's a male wii fit trainer, so it seems likely that everyone would get at least one non-recolour alt costume.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I was thinking of this this morning!

I think TP Zelda is too big to fit as a alt costume with SS Zelda though. To make sure everything fits, they can't have the models too different and i think SS Zelda is a little too short.
She doesn't use any physical attack in Melee or Brawl so, maybe her hitboxes will all be in the same places.
The hurtbox being different though, could be a huge thing.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
There's a male wii fit trainer, so it seems likely that everyone would get at least one non-recolour alt costume.

To play devil's advocate, the same was said of Wario last time. Alts would be the logical thing, but we may not get them.

I'd like OoT Zelda as an alt. All she really needs.

MrsAccount

Smash Cadet
You need to keep in mind; every character they add needs new animations, new textures, a new model and much, much more. They made Wario's alt costume, because they deemed it important enough to warrant about 100k US dollars and at least a week worth of time. The same goes for Wii Fit Trainer; IF the costume is alternate (which has, technically speaking, not been proven yet) they must have had their damn good reasons for it.

It's why so many AT's have such limited animation and mostly consist of special effects.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind those alt costumes. I think the possessed look from TP would look really interesting.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
Made a few palette swaps I'd like to see, since alternate costumes may be a little much:

First is of course her default, Twilight Princess outfit.
Second is Ocarina of Time.
Third is based on Princess Hilda.
Fourth is based on Midna.
Fifth is based on her Hylia outfit with elements of her default Skyward Sword outfit.
Sixth is loosely based on the image above of her Link to the Past design. (Blue Team outfit)
The last two are just quickly thrown together Green and Red Team outfits.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
Yes, as soon as I first seen Hilda, I wanted a palette swap for Zelda for her in SSB. I knida hope they go that extra mile and re-texture the Hyrule crests. Like actually flip the Triforce on Hilda, maybe make Midna's look a little more Twilight Realm-ish.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A color swap or costume based on Hilda wouldn't be too bad. Neither would an Ocarina of Time alt.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yes please OmegaRS. You have done very well. I came here to post that very image as a friend just shared it with me, but I was delighted to see that YOU created it! Bravo!

Master_Morrison

Smash Cadet
Made a few palette swaps I'd like to see, since alternate costumes may be a little much:

Fifth is based on her Hylia outfit with elements of her default Skyward Sword outfit.
Sixth is loosely based on the image above of her Link to the Past design. (Blue Team outfit)
I really like those color swaps
But I really want Zelda back in heels
Boots are nice but I liked her heels better
I don't know just don't feel like boots are elegant enough for outfit
But anyways
I want a black outfit and white outfit for her
Not really happy with a black and white outfit
And I know this is really not needed but they should have other team colors too
I would want a black and or white team or purple team because I don't like the default green red and blue

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Zelda vs zelda 2.png
Made this, thought it was cool for an alt zelda design or something.

Last edited:

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman

really like the Midna inspired design as well as the link to the pastish design you created

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I will probably main her with Hilda design if ALttP/ALBW's design doesn't show up. And if neither shows up, I might just stick to her green outfit.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Pretty good, but there are a few things that I'd nitpick on. Hair needs a touch more brown/lower contrast (it's not too bad, since OoT's Zelda has more orange hair than any in the series, but it's noticeable enough), jewels are nice, but a little too red, eyeshadow is off, and the skin tone needs brightened a tad. Oh, and the eyebrows would be the same color as the rest of her hair since she doesn't dye it.

The dress and armor are both fantastically done, though. Seriously. Don't change a thing there.

Last edited:

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
Zelda blonde 2.png

Fixed. I know that OoT doesn't have eyeshadow so it's kind of ripped from toon Zelda. haha.

Popo Nana Power

Smash Apprentice
I'd like a Tetra costume. I mean, her pirate outfit, not the princess one. Complete with the hairstyle and blonde hair.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably going to stick to her default colors again. It's hard to beat that purple and white dress, imo.

andimidna

Smash Master

If I can use my main to play as fy favorite character, Midna... I'll be fine.
Those are all really great. I hope they all make it.

For alternate costumes, SS Zelda and Cloaked Zelda.
I want Puppet Zelda to be a Final Smash.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Now that the phantom is confirmed to be Zelda's down B, do you think it will change it's color along Zelda?

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I kinda doubt it, but it would be realy awesome if it happens.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
The reveal has made me more pissed because now there is absolutely no reason why they couldn't have used Skyward Sword Zelda.

Last edited:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Not using Skyward Sword Zelda is very logical.
She's the only zelda who's not a Princess, which lead to her design being very different from the other zelda's. It don't really fit to use her design to represent Zelda. And don't forget that it makes sense to keep Link and Zelda in the same style.
Would still be a good choice for alternate costume.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I'd like to see SS Zelda as an alternate costume. I know it would need a new model and not just a texture swap, but considering Brawl used as much space as literally possible (dual layered DVD) I expect Smash Bros. 4 to do the same as well.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120

These are freaking fantastic :) If I had to choose one I want in the game though, definitely the Midna one.

gamer8

Smash Lord

Amazing. Midna and OoT ones are my favorite.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
After seeing the Midna trophy, the Midna color scheme seems likely now I think.

A Hilda color scheme would be nice too.

That one color scheme is good, but I can't tell, are the eyes red?

Because Hilda has red eyes.

Top Bottom