• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda vs Sheik

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I used too like that matchup

But then every Marth player was like oh look a sword

Now I have to run away, and zelda's slow

Such a bad match up

Seriously on par with shiek/fox bad

:phone:

Zone

Smash Champion
I used too like that matchup

But then every Marth player was like oh look a sword

Now I have to run away, and zelda's slow

Such a bad match up

Seriously on par with shiek/fox bad

I would only agree it's on par with them if Marth was givin a projectile.

Otherwise I disagree. Because he HAS to come to you eventually to hit you. Or you to him.

dont' get me wrong Marth is hard, But he's no Shiek/Fox

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Sheik/fox is ****. 90/10

Marth is also ****, but more like 75/25

The ability to camp makes up that extra 15%

Why need a projectile when you've got uthrow > stuff > opponent's stock -1? Marth is so good at juggling opponents and Zelda is so bad at getting back down to the ground. It's either 80/20 or 90/10. Zelda's only hope is spacing tricks and Marth dies from toes (but who doesn't)?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Upthrow > whatever with marth is good, but it requires him to get a grab... which means he has to get close to you and that you have a chance to punish him. Zelda is better when played defensively. You don't have to approach marth unless he has the percent or stock advantage because he has no projectiles.

You do have to approach fox however, because if you don't he'll just laser camp you to 130% and then kill you with whatever aerial he decides to throw out.

Upthrow > whatever with marth is good, but it requires him to get a grab... which means he has to get close to you and that you have a chance to punish him. Zelda is better when played defensively. You don't have to approach marth unless he has the percent or stock advantage because he has no projectiles.

You do have to approach fox however, because if you don't he'll just laser camp you to 130% and then kill you with whatever aerial he decides to throw out.
So it's 80/20

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Hmmmmm... yeah I'm willing to compromise and say it's 80/20 lol

It doesn't matter what percent it is really. It's a hard matchup and that's all that matters

Zone

Smash Champion
Yeah what GKInfinity said.

Zelda vs Marth has the Ganon/Marth feel (slightly)

Anytime marth whiffs an approaching fair in your face you get a free kick. also if he does a rising F-air and hits your shield while chasing you, free kick out of shield. (Dash attack same thing)

trust me he's more manage-able than Fox/Shiek.

M2k Marth I could get him to 2 stocks. M2k Shiek, I wanna say I don't remember even taking 1.

I don't have a fox example because luckily most foxes I play approach me non-stop.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
It's weird for me I guess, iunno I'm pretty good at the Marty match-up in general, but it literally feels impossible with Zelda as of late, since I get hit once and then combo then I'm off stage then i get hit a lot trying to recover and then seriously **** Marth.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I find it aggravating that I have to stay on the ground so much, cause I have an aerial Zelda. I also don't think Zelda has the luxury (like Peach and Jiggs do) of getting one hit that screws Marth up big time. Sure, a kick can lead to good things, but...not enough, I think.

D

Deleted member

i do about the same vs m2k's sheik and marth. that said, i still lose to both. no surprise.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
this character kills me sometimes
Hmmm, how to interpret this? There can only be 3 possibilities honestly.

A) In actuality you're getting killed by high tier characters because zelda gets ***** by them

B) You have dreams where zelda is lightning kicking you to death

C) Zelda is actually a real person and has murdered you before, but luckily you're a cat and you have 9 lives

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Oh. Wow. I thought it would be C. I know that Zelda has come after my throat before, when I left her to pursue Peach.

Zelda has yet to attempt to murder me. I've abandoned her long ago for a better princess

She could be my best character if she was a good character. I use her vs Samus because idk what to do vs her, and she seems to be my best character vs Luigi

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Peach raaaaapes Samus, though. :troll:

Well, not really, but she wins. You just gotta be patient.

It's her not having a short hop that confuses me. I float and she jumps at me (to my height) and hits me. Maybe I need to float lower? I'd find out if Samus players existed

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Man, I always get owned by luigis with zelda. I really just don't like that matchup. I mean, I go pretty even with them but I always feel like I'm losing.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
why nawt :p
Your peach is boring. You puff gets nervous and rests ********. Your fox is overly defensive (lol learn the marth matchup)

Zelda was your only interesting character anyways <_<

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
?

Uh...

Uh...

UHHHH...friendlies? Other than that, I don't really know what else I can say. I mean, I'm not Armada, I go for dumb rests to see if they'll work, I don't really care about Marth/Fox, cause I have Puff for him, and...oh wait. Sarcasm.

DARN IT, MAX.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
lol you're always online :x
also way to read and type a whole response... then realize you didn't need it... then post it anyways.
so thats how your post count got so high :p

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
My post count got so high from having absolutely nothing to say and all day to say it. =P

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
today i played a bunch of zelda... then i used kirby. I realized kirby's backair kinda looks like zelda's backair.

so i started playing kirby like zelda.

computer got mad.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Also 2hours before we planed to leave for NY...

officially not going to Rom4

fmllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Even if I'm not number 1, I'll gladly claimed 2nd best ^.^

Are you at least going to Apex?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
That sucks Dark Hart. I was looking forward to potential videos of that zelda.

And I'd have a higher post count but I make sure to put extreme effort into every post I create. Fill those posts with WISDOM and stuff. It's all about the quality, not the quantity.

Post count is irrelevant. The join date is all that matters. ;)

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Honestly, I can't say I care about my post count. There was a point when I was legitimately shocked by it one day, because it didn't feel like I posted that much. =P

And there is a lot of join date elitism on these boards. I shall prove that 2011ers aren't complete idiots! Maybe. Perhaps. :)

Top Bottom