• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

For all the **** she got, she functioned properly in a sense that she was faithful to her game (she really does play similarly btw). Sure she had cheese and say what you want about her. Whether you wanted her nerfed, wanted her banned, or thought she was fine, you have to admit that the team went too ham with the nerf hammer. Lol. It's weird because I was kind of thinking that they'd nerf her but keep her devastating combo game in tact (just slightly nerfed but still effective) in some sort of way because they have a good track record of giving notable nerfs to certain characters while keeping them true to their intended design

But uh, they kinda ****ed it up here. Pretty hard

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I just remembered something, FullMoon FullMoon , there's a Brazilian ninja newcomer in the upcoming The King of Fighters XIV, Banderas Hattori. Rundown is that he's dorky. Here's SNK's page on him: http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/Bandeiras_Hattori. And here's the trailer he was unveiled in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKvEsIYYcks. Your only problems here would be that KoF XIV is PS4 exclusive for some reason... might be budget. It might get ported over to the PC like KoF XIII was. The other problem is that KoF games tend to run with teams, so you're going to need to know how to play at least 3 characters. Considering KoF XIV aims for a 50 character launch, that might not be a problem or it might be one like me who ended up not liking 50+ characters in Smash 4 and is stuck playing Falco.
A Brazilian ninja, lol

I'm not into KoF though so I'll probably skip on it. I love ninjas but I'm not gonna be buying everything that features them otherwise I would bankrupt my family.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That's it though. I think I might cut it off completely, tho he did just make a sick post about Bayo lol. They did totally gut the **** out of her fun factor and any appeal she had as a combo character when her **** just don't WORK
Hmm, so Bayonetta got the Diddy and Link treatment then... Both had pretty much panic patches that gutted something about them without doing much. For Diddy, it was Uair, Fair?, grabs, and D-throw. For Link, it was jab 1 getting wrecked. They did later on re-tuned rather than outright nerf them such as Diddy's jab, Down Smash, and some other stuff working or Link having Spin Attack buffed almost every patch along with changes to his Fair, D-throw?, etc. It's weird when you think about it. When Luigi, Meta Knight, Sheik, and ZSS were toned down, they weren't given big middle fingers and the developers didn't panic patch like they did to Diddy and Link. Luigi can still combo with D-throw, but not to KO percents, Meta Knight can still ladder, but not as easily and he still retains a potent aerial combat game, Sheik's still Sheik, and ZSS is still ZSS.

I'm trying to understand why now... At the same time, I can't really since I don't know anything about her. Witch Twist did have really good vertical range, so lower is okay, but then making it easier to SDI... As finicky as frame speed multipliers are, they could have made Witch Twist frame 6 and leave SDI alone or only up her SDI to 1.5 rather than 2. As for Afterburner Kick, yeah, it was problematic that she could pop you up and close enough to followup, but it looks not she's not only popping you away, but too much. Had it popped you away, but allowed her to still followup to maybe under 70%, it might be okay like how Luigi's D-throw can still combo at low to mid percents, but not at KO percents.

Thing is that Bayonetta still has a niche. She has concepts and ideas that no characters have like indefinite hitboxes, the ability to rise up and combo with a launcher like in her own games or comparable to another fighting game, Marvel vs. Capcom, -- other characters launch, but have to jump up to follow --, and she's the only character with an aerial that can has its combo, Fair. The problem is that the patch maybe have removed a part of her niche, her combo ability and style that is supposed to resemble her own game which itself is a problem since you're pretty much beating up meatbags in hack 'n' slashes. Her combo game is the main niche to her. Without it, she kind of doesn't seem like Bayonetta. Could it be toned down, yeah, and the devs are trying to, but should it be outright removed or be a shadow of its former self? No, and unfortunately, the developers might have gone into that direction perhaps with the community's "backing".

Bay still has a niche, but the main part of that niche has been de-emphasized perhaps too far. Look, if I continue this, I'd start talking about how every character has a niche, but Falco which in a way, makes him the worst overall character, and nobody wants to hear about that.

Please.

Kill me.
Screw it, I take it back, the developers butchered her niche. Time to rant, but after someone posts after me. :p

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Don't worry, I may plan on killing off Takumi. :secretkpop:

But if I do get both version. I'll go Male Corrin on Conquest, and Female Corrin on Birthright and maybe also in Revelations.
Goody, at least to the Birthright version.

Pro Tip with a Female Corrin in Birthright; Butlers and Maids are promoted classes, which means you can class seal your servant Jakob immediately into a Paladin as soon as you get one. Even if he just ends up paired with Corrin for the rest of the game (his personal skill, like all of the Fortress Trio, are made for it) , that'll do a lot with regards to that route's general lack of defensive classes.

Make sure not to buy two physical copies though! The other routes are discounted digitally, and you get some nice rewards for owning multiple routes. (LIke Dread Seals!)

I got the LE of the game and was originally going to do Birthright, too.

Then I played through the first few chapters up to the choice and had to go Conquest because of just how good and decent the Nohr siblings were. I just couldn't turn my back on the people who seemed to love the Protagonist more than anything else under the sun.

Then in Birthright, it turns out...that they really were good, decent people who loved the Protagonist more than anything else under the sun ;_;

I'm not into KoF though so I'll probably skip on it. I love ninjas but I'm not gonna be buying everything that features them otherwise I would bankrupt my family.
If it's just ninjas you're interested in and not Frog Ninjas, there's the boy crazy Ibuki coming at some point to SFV. She was really important in 3rd Strike, not much so in SFIV.

And, I mean, Dead or Alive is FULL of ninjas. And buff Russian operatives.

Screw it, I take it back, the developers butchered her niche. Time to rant, but after someone posts after me. :p
Take it away, Harvey Birdman.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
If it's just ninjas you're interested in and not Frog Ninjas, there's the boy crazy Ibuki coming at some point to SFV. She was really important in 3rd Strike, not much so in SFIV.

And, I mean, Dead or Alive is FULL of ninjas. And buff Russian operatives.
I sorta like Ibuki but I'm not that into her though granted I never really got to know her well enough to see if she's anything more than a ninja schoolgirl

Bring back Sakura pls

Also Dead or Alive's fanservice just turns me off the series completely. The only reason I would have to play the games is because from what I remember Ryu Hayabusa is in some of them.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I'd say Conquest is better. It has its issues at times like certain chapters being a bit annoying but I feel like Birthright throws too many reinforcements at you and it gets annoying.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I should probably get back to finishing Conquest one of these days.

Been trying too hard to get Corrin caught back up in levels, she keeps dying when I try to feed her kills and it put me off from wanting to play. Obviously deviating from my previously successful strategy of "send Elise in to murder everyone" was mistake #1.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Goody, at least to the Birthright version.

Pro Tip with a Female Corrin in Birthright; Butlers and Maids are promoted classes, which means you can class seal your servant Jakob immediately into a Paladin as soon as you get one. Even if he just ends up paired with Corrin for the rest of the game (his personal skill, like all of the Fortress Trio, are made for it) , that'll do a lot with regards to that route's general lack of defensive classes.
Well then. Sounds pretty nifty, at least I can go the good old yuri route in Birthright and marry Rhajat/Syalla. :yeahboi:
Make sure not to buy two physical copies though! The other routes are discounted digitally, and you get some nice rewards for owning multiple routes. (LIke Dread Seals!)

I got the LE of the game and was originally going to do Birthright, too.
That sounds good! I'll just get a physical copy of Birthright then. :yeahboi:
Or I can try and get the Special Edition which has all three on one cartridge along with some extra goodies.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I'm just trying to beat Lunatic. Hard was hard, but doable. Lunatic Endgame is the definition of misery. The person that designed this is a sadist.

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys here's some leaked patch notes from my cousin who works in Nintendo for 1.1.7 that comes out later this month.
:4bowser: Weight: 130->137

:4sonic: Run Speed: 3.5->3.8

:4yoshi: Air Speed: 1.28-> 1.36

:rosalina:Uair(Luma) BKB 110->121

:4mario:Usmash: KBG: 94->114
Uair Base Dmg: 7->13

:4jigglypuff:No changes. (fully checked)

:4zelda: Fair Hitbox active: 9->11
Weight: 85->83

A lot to look forward to, am I right?

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I sorta like Ibuki but I'm not that into her though granted I never really got to know her well enough to see if she's anything more than a ninja schoolgirl

Bring back Sakura pls
They better given that they brought back Karin, but I honestly don't know when she'd show back up.

They've said in the past they don't want doken users to over saturate the roster.

That's why we don't even have Sagat or (apparently) Akuma, for instance, because apparently he's too close to Ryu's moveset now.

It's like...if there's another season of DLC characters, they can't all be veterans again, and that just makes the selection process even more cut throat for the ones they do end up picking.

I'd say Conquest is better. It has its issues at times like certain chapters being a bit annoying but I feel like Birthright throws too many reinforcements at you and it gets annoying.
I will always hate the Wind Village chapter in Conquest.

Obviously deviating from my previously successful strategy of "send Elise in to murder everyone"
...what wizardry did you do to make Elise your go-to attacker? The only two things that spring to mind was either RNG blessed stats and sacking Felicia so Elise can be your Flame Shuriken Maid, or you made her a Dark Flier.

I'm just trying to beat Lunatic. Hard was hard, but doable. Lunatic Endgame is the definition of misery. The person that designed this is a sadist.
Honestly it wasn't Lunatic Endgame that got me in the end.

It was having to replay the previous chapter every time I lost.

:4zelda: Fair Hitbox active: 9->11
Weight: 85->83
RIP in Spaghetti, Zelda's chest buffs.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
or you made her a Dark Flier.
Bingo.

I tried her out as a Witch for a little while too, but good lord Witch is literally cheating. Not ever putting Warp back on her.

edit: I thought the wind village was a really cool chapter, but then again I've been playing on Hard.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

Bring back Sakura pls

Also Dead or Alive's fanservice just turns me off the series completely. The only reason I would have to play the games is because from what I remember Ryu Hayabusa is in some of them.
I get what you mean. The pre DOA5 games aren't so bad in terms of the fanservice though. I'd recommend getting DOA3 or DOA Ultimate on Xbox or even DOA Dimensions on 3DS. They're really good and Hayabusa is the greatest.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I put the game down before most of the DLC came out.

If it really that OP of a class? I assumed the skill was OP but kind of okay given how high of a level you need to be to get it.
The skill on its own is pretty dumb already.

The icing on the cake though is how high its stat caps are

I think I lost 9 mag when I switched elise to something else iirc, she was literally able to just kill anything instantly and be anywhere she wanted and it was just...way too much.

Though she can still kill most things instantly as Strategist or Dark Flier I guess lol, Witch could kill literally everything though

unrelated, youtube really butchers 240p video quality
was experimenting with 3ds recording, which is 400x240 native res
actual video files look great, stuff uploaded to gfycat or other sites look great, youtube's like "I MUST BLUR ALL THESE PIXELS TOGETHER NOTHING IS SACRED"

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
~ PAGE 2800 ~

THE WITCH HAS BEEN SLAYED

TIME TO WORSHIP BAN•ZELDA NOW

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
userscurrentlyavailable.PNG

Won't you look at this magic. Nothing but premium

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Tfw you work hard on an intelligent post, but Smogon doesn't care
smogon1.PNG smogon2.PNG

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
holy crab is it annoying like an 8 turn map gets elongated to a 17 turn map just because you have to deal with the endless number of reinforcements

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
holy crab is it annoying like an 8 turn map gets elongated to a 17 turn map just because you have to deal with the endless number of reinforcements
Like I said before, Conquest scaled with enemy skills, Birthright with enemy density, Revelations with enemy stats.

Birthright had a way of turning many maps into marathons due to that.

Not sure if it was a typo, but it made me chuckle~
On the topic of Fates, I'm so happy it's released tomorrow for Europe. Hopefully my copy will arrive tomorrow or early next week but I won't be able to play it till the 26th as that's when I go back home from uni.

So I decided to go on For Glory and play a few matches before the patch lands and this happened in one of them (excuse the potato quality)

This brings back memories :secretkpop:

@Nammy12 you remember making this?^

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
How is the lag on Pokken online? I'm trying to decide if it's even worth getting at this point when I know that I can't compete at locals with it.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
reading the patch thread makes me feel ill so i guess i'll just continue hiding out here instead

playing around in training with 1.1.6 bayo

Witch Twist 2 KB buffs make it combo into uair way earlier. WTw1 > fair1 > WTw2 > uair starts being true on Sheik as early as 5%. If your opponent has the world's worst DI it might be able to combo into dair around 100%, but uair should be killing at that point anyway so it's not really noteworthy. If ABDK's knockback gets buffed in a future patch, WTw1 > ABK > WTw2 > ABDK could be a cool kill combo off the side, but the current knockback is far too weak for it. That said, the new SDI multipliers make all of this escapable anyway as soon as your opponent realizes they're being hit.

Dair landing's still disgustingly strong, but since ABDK > dair isn't possible anymore I'm unsure how often it'll come into play. If there are still setups/combos for it I feel like it and dtilt>stuff will probably be how Bayo gets kills outside of Witch Time.

WTw1 > WTw2 stops working very quickly past 0%.

Dtilt's still really good, it's just more honest now.

ABK knockback buffs are odd. The main thing I'm noticing is that if they SDI up on WTw1 > ABK late hit, dj uair could probably kill at like 70~80%. Other than that they don't really seem like they help or hurt combos, maybe stuff links a bit more consistently though.

ABDK is literally dead offensively. Still very useful for burst mobility in the air, for escaping juggles or maneuvering after a whiffed Witch Twist etc.

Unsure about her future. She's probably not as dead as I thought she was, but she's definitely a lot worse than she was.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
The main thing that will slowly kill Bayonetta is her huge playerbase drastically shrinking.

It's what killed Luigi, as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom