• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Problem with Pokemon singles is that it's split into tiers. OU being the dominating tier means there's not much appreciation for anything else.

At least in VGC there are no tiers and there's even more room for creativity which is actually appreciated. VGC players are leagues more friendly than Smogon players too.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xyDPsRMEAcg

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Problem with Pokemon singles is that it's split into tiers. OU being the dominating tier means there's not much appreciation for anything else.

At least in VGC there are no tiers and there's even more room for creativity which is actually appreciated. VGC players are leagues more friendly than Smogon players too.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xyDPsRMEAcg
Singles can still be fun, just gotta play Random for the "no tiers". It's like playing sealed play in a card game, you never know what you're going to get!

Here's one of my favorite from Pokemon Showdown. Proof that a ragtag team of misfits can make a difference.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pandora-randombattle-531147

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I never really paid attention to doubles. Most of the game teaches you singles, so I just never bothered.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I dunno anything about what Bayo's MUs play out, I'm not comfortable talking about the ones I did know previously, and I dunno how badly the SDI nerfs will hurt in practice; on paper anything after the first B move should be escapable, but in practice stuff like Yoshi's dair is equally escapable and I still* see high level players just sit there eating the whole thing without even making the effort to escape when you can be free of it two hits after you notice you're being hit and have plenty of time to react to being hit.

Too soon to really say anything about her tier placement when the patch hasn't even dropped officially, gun to my head I'd say she's probably going to fall somewhere in the #10~20 range.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hi, Alacion Alacion . I forgot the feeling when the Zelda social drops dead. :p

Also, Star Fox Zero's music of its map is godplayer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sgRgYzDOFA.
Sigh, mods can see through my invisible status :(

And yeah, soon this will turn into the Brawl Zelda social. The Peach and Pikachu Brawl socials were pretty active. They weren't as... diverse as the people here.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
The Witch Hunting Patch is live.

Start taking your bets about what type of changes Zelda will have this time around.

It may even trump her visual Final Smash buff that no one could make out from last time!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh yeah, so that's why I don't listen to Drakengard's Exhausted a lot... IT'S MADDENING. Great song, but dude, you feel like your sanity is about to drop and **** is about to go all Lovecraftian. And this is why the developers of Drakengard and Nier are so awesome. :p

(Screw it, I don't know how to make it mini, so we're going mega.)
Please save me.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Quick I need help, Bravely Second is making me choose between capitalism and communism what do I pick

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Capitalism.

No communist government has ever worked.

What are the jobs?
Capitalism is Khamer (Time Mage), Communism is Alternis (Dark Knight), so whatever I side with I get the job of the other.
I may go communism because Time Magic is supposed to be really good in this game and Red Mage and Wizard are my only magic classes so far.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Capitalism is Khamer (Time Mage), Communism is Alternis (Dark Knight), so whatever I side with I get the job of the other.
I may go communism because Time Magic is supposed to be really good in this game and Red Mage and Wizard are my only magic classes so far.
Quick google search would seem to tell me Dark Knight is one of the few times the right choice gets you the better class.

If DK is anything like DK in the first Bravely, it's your massive damage class.

working as intended
Ruto is a smart independent Zora who don't need no Goron?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Quick google search would seem to tell me Dark Knight is one of the few times the right choice gets you the better class.

If DK is anything like DK in the first Bravely, it's your massive damage class.
Oops too late

DK is great at damage dealing LATE GAME. I'm still on chapter 3 lol. And I can get it later so it isn't too big of a deal.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

So, 1.1.6 is out now. Time to see what new combos and tech the Bayo mains can come up with now. :yeahboi:
I do hope that this patch hasn't scared off those who play Bayonetta from using her again. :c

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:
I've been awake for 27 hours.

So, 1.1.6 is out now. Time to see what new combos and tech the Bayo mains can come up with now. :yeahboi:
I do hope that this patch hasn't scared off those who play Bayonetta from using her again. :c
You'll have to be patient, as in a lot of ways she's an entirely different character now. And you may not like the end result. It's like Day 1 all over again, only with less tools and your colleague's already managed to shoot himself in the foot because who the **** thought gun footwear was a good idea.

Have another Fire Emblem yuri picture of the day to make up for it.

Last edited:
Got to play Brawl with just a WIIMOTE but I caught this moment perfectly (playing as Snake)
P_20160520_192122.jpg

Thanks Sakurai

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just made a video to show how badly Bayo's combo potential got nerfed in this current patch. :secretkpop:

But I did suggest an alternative in the description. I'll leave it here and post it to the Bayonetta Combo Thread. :yeahboi:

Top Bottom