• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
It's always sucky when your mains get nerfed
Bayo was my favorite character in the game
And it sucks to have her stray so far from what she was meant to be
But imma still play her
She's still my favorite even if she gets her wings clipped <3

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I'm just playing games that didn't remove entire moves from the game in a patch

Also Popplio is still the best starter in Gen 7

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
If thou are truly persistent then thou will find another main or thus thou are not dedicated-eth. Or something.

I had a Doc addiction and then I found Cloud. (Granted I still play the **** out of Doc so w/e really)

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
But the problem is there are like almost no other characters that are consistently as fun or interesting as prepatch Bayonetta.

At this point I don't even care. I'm more interested in other stuff. Plus I'm forced to play on 3DS for Smash for the time being so that shoots my interest in the head.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Just made a video to show how badly Bayo's combo potential got nerfed in this current patch. :secretkpop:

But I did suggest an alternative in the description. I'll leave it here and post it to the Bayonetta Combo Thread. :yeahboi:

It seems like you could get an afterburner kick rather than trying for a second Up Air. It would end the combo, but that's, what, 28% on a lightweight? Almost half, maybe only a third of their stock, which is great for how combo resistant floaties are.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
If thou are truly persistent then thou will find another main or thus thou are not dedicated-eth. Or something.

Your character who was just as braindead as Bayonetta just without 0-deaths didn't literally lose ha best tools.

It would be like if Cloud basically had his limit specials removed.

Even up B.

Also then just remove his side B as a move.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I'm editing a video for my media class and we need to put pictures in.

So I did what any normal person did and shoved stupid Donkey Kong memes in.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Your character who was just as braindead as Bayonetta just without 0-deaths didn't literally lose ha best tools.

Even up B.

Fear not BJN, for I have already shown TTTTTsd a glimpse of the darkest timeline.

*Ahem*

1.1.7 has arrived, celebrating the release of FFVII Remade Episode 1 on the PS4.

Now that the developers have bothered to play their original game for the first time in two decades, they've decided Smash 4's representation of Cloud does not adequately represent FFVII proper.

As such, all of his moves have been replaced with unrelated mini games. Except for Limit Break, which has been replaced with an inexplicable melancholy filled whistle, the significance of which will only be explained years after the fact in the FFVII PS Vita spin-off game, FFVII: And Then Zack Was A Zombie.

There were some initial protests, but they all died down once they realized his final smash was changed to a 10 minute long DDR minigame with a fully orchestrated dubstep remix of One Wing Angel. Now everyone plays Clouds instead of just almost everyone, with Smashballs on high.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Fear not BJN, for I have already shown TTTTTsd a glimpse of the darkest timeline.

*Ahem*

1.1.7 has arrived, celebrating the release of FFVII Remade Episode 1 on the PS4.

Now that the developers have bothered to play their original game for the first time in two decades, they've decided Smash 4's representation of Cloud does not adequately represent FFVII proper.

As such, all of his moves have been replaced with unrelated mini games. Except for Limit Break, which has been replaced with an inexplicable melancholy filled whistle, the significance of which will only be explained years after the fact in the FFVII PS Vita spin-off game, FFVII: And Then Zack Was A Zombie.

There were some initial protests, but they all died down once they realized his final smash was changed to a 10 minute long DDR minigame with a fully orchestrated dubstep remix of One Wing Angel. Now everyone plays Clouds instead of just almost everyone, with Smashballs on high.
WAAAANNNN WINGGGG.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Would anyone be down for some matches today?

I feel the need to play Bayonetta in a few matches to see how bad she has gotten. :V
But in all honesty, I think she's either High or Mid Tier now.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent

Even up B.

You're talking to the person who played release date Doc on 3DS (for the record, I think 3DS Doc is one of the worst characters period in the history of this game), if you want to talk about gimped characters (Vectoring and later his NERFED USMASH LOL SAMURAI). Nevertheless I stuck with him and swore to develop him regardless of how unfavorable it was. Hence dedication. Like, I get it, I understand it, and I TOTALLY sympathize with it because it blows, but if you genuinely like the character enough I think it's worth persevering because I can say with full certainty that there are incredibly underdeveloped/unexplored things with this character (Bayonetta) that are going to have to be explored. I've never seen her edgeguard outside of a few specific circumstances (bullet arts give you like, INFINITE ACTIVE FRAMES, that's incredible!)

I should remind you I even played Doc when they nerfed his best kill option (USmash). Back before it was how it is now, it had this same angle except the same KB and KBG as Mario's (the 1% difference really didn't do much if anything at all) and it had the same active frames as his meaning its whole "wow it's like Luigi's but better!" that it has going on now was nonexistent.

Cloud might be the character I plaster over my background but I am a Doctor Mario until the day I die regardless of if I use him more or less. Never forget.

Also I really appreciate my character being called braindead. I don't think that term really honestly applies to anything in this game at most relevant competitive levels (barring like, pre-patch Diddy maybe?) and I said nothing about Bayonetta's skill cap or ceiling whatsoever so I'll just consider it uncalled for. And no, I'm not going to say Cloud is difficult either, pocket power etc.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Would anyone be down for some matches today?

I feel the need to play Bayonetta in a few matches to see how bad she has gotten. :V
But in all honesty, I think she's either High or Mid Tier now.
I'll play if you want but it will be laggy :/

@ Bayo players, I feed on your tears.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
GGs, those were fun :)
Indeed. I think I do know which MUs of Bayos have gotten worse.

While we never see the G&W v Bayo MU. I do feel like it is in Bayo's favour. And despite me having bad MU Knowledge on Link, maybe in Link's favour? Plus, we were rolling like it was a bakery. :secretkpop:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Indeed. I think I do know which MUs of Bayos have gotten worse.

While we never see the G&W v Bayo MU. I do feel like it is in Bayo's favour. And despite me having bad MU Knowledge on Link, maybe in Link's favour? Plus, we were rolling like it was a bakery. :secretkpop:
It's hard to say how MUs are in lag like that. I think we both got messed up by lost inputs.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
It's hard to say how MUs are in lag like that. I think we both got messed up by lost inputs.
Most definitely. We'll just have to wait and see what the results are when people further develop the new meta for Bayometa... :secretkpop:

Bayo. Meta. HAH!

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Even up B.

k gorl tone down the shade we don't need the second comming of spritzee

I have multiple.

In Super Turbo it's Guile and Balrog, in Smash Bros it's always Doc (<3), in Diddy Kong Racing it's Drumstick, etc. etc.

Guile in Smash would be the only char I played ever ever ever if it happened though
and in smashboards it's vanilla

but i don't advocate that for obvs reasons

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing on my 3ds and accidentally deleted Hyrule Warriors.

Oops.

Unless my backup save is way older than I think it is, I think I'm only losing Ruto's Rutela skin and several of the lv4 weapons I'd been procrastinating on until the last couple of days. Still a bummer though.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I have multiple.

In Super Turbo it's Guile and Balrog, in Smash Bros it's always Doc (<3), in Diddy Kong Racing it's Drumstick, etc. etc.

Guile in Smash would be the only char I played ever ever ever if it happened though
Too many waifus will ruin your laifu, you know.

someone kill me
For real though, what are those?

I'm not the only one seeing two right feet, right?
[/Spoilers]

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing on my 3ds and accidentally deleted Hyrule Warriors.

Oops.

Unless my backup save is way older than I think it is, I think I'm only losing Ruto's Rutela skin and several of the lv4 weapons I'd been procrastinating on until the last couple of days. Still a bummer though.
How do you accidentally go System Settings->Data Management->Hyrule Warriors->Delete?

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Some of my friends, reading iFunny memes: "The year is 2084. Gender no longer exists. We instead go by Doritos flavors. I identify as Cool Ranch."

Man I sure hate those evil SJWs dudes.

Too many waifus will ruin your laifu, you know.
I've never seen something so wrong in my entire life

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I wonder if Bayonetta broke the news to her "son" Sakamoto about herself getting nerfed in Smash 4. :secretkpop:

Seriously.

This guy looks like the son of Bayonetta. IF she had a son.
Best part is he's voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa. Same who voices :4marth:.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
**** I keep forgetting to watch that and luluco

i'll get to it once I catch up on DiU

Top Bottom