• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Zelda is a good character
"I think I'll change the disscussion". Anyway, she's definitely getting a lot better thankfully. At least ONE of my characters gets buffs, thank God (Dedede). She's a very risk-reward character with her Sweetspots, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. She could be absolutely amazing, or terrible. It's all about precision.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
wow bouncing fish's hitbox sure is fair
image.jpeg

Also disregard me using the gross black palette. I forgot what it looked like in-game and wanted to see how gross it was.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
"I think I'll change the disscussion". Anyway, she's definitely getting a lot better thankfully. At least ONE of my characters gets buffs, thank God (Dedede). She's a very risk-reward character with her Sweetspots, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. She could be absolutely amazing, or terrible. It's all about precision.
Well... No. All her KO options require risk and can be totally avoided by rolling away. Once she commits, then she is open to losing ALL her "held ground" or at worst dying. This isn't a Zelda-unique problem, as slower characters have the same issue. But she suffers greatly because:
1) lmao dat endlag
2) lmao dat range
3) lmao clipping multi-hits on smashes = less overall reliable distance for spacing fatal attacks
4) lmao precision required on her high risk/high reward options
5) lmao slow ground speed/mediocre air speed

Zelda is a joke against people who know the MU with mid to high tiers. She does well against carelessly aggressive players. She is kinda a 2v2 character, like, top 10 high tier. Too bad speed trumps all in this game. So double Falcon is prolly still better.

Over bashing aside, she becomes absurd with customs - speed boosts, Din's Flare, and one of the other Phantoms. Like. Captain Falcon with Gdork kill power absurd. Except she has setups to 2 powerful kill options.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Except none of Zelda's customs are good and the only ones I'd even consider using are the phantom ones. Even then, default phantom is probably better now due to the buffs

And if we want to talk about ridiculous custom characters, speed Peach and Rosalinda exist. Speed Peach's everything is safe because of her high air speed and her edgeguarding is lol. Speed Rosalinda gets triple uair death combos, not to mention her stupid custom moves.

Also, lightweight Paletuna gets dthrow>uair as a reliable kill combo at a huge percent range iirc, and I think dthrow>nair>uair kills too. After a little bit of testing, lightweight dthrow>nair kills too.

Edit: lol with lightweight, usmash combos out of dthrow at kill percents (but I'm sure you can DI it)

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I now got Fire Emblem Fates.

Well, one of the stories. I plan on getting the other two when I get paid by the end of the month. So for now, I'll be slaying some Nohrian Scum... Excuse me one moment, I'm gonna kill off Takumi.
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world who likes Takumi :c

Also gorls I need your help

Should I get a shirt or a poster?

The shirts I want are either some pokemon playing poker or "On Wednesdays we wear pink"

And the poster is in a Final Fantasy style with Bayo being the boss

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hmm, when FNAF changes focus from animals to clows and little girls...

...o
FNAF spin-offs and sequels have been done to death by now. The original was good because it was creative and clever. It had a funny dark humor element with the phone guy and only getting $120 iirc for surviving the week. The later games lack personality and charm, in a horror-type way. They can't have the same impact continuing the theme even with little system changes (which largely were worse). The spin-offs are mostly carbon copies of a new idea. /rant

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Litten is hideous.
Litten looks like a generic cat from an edgy anime. Its design couldn't be any less inspired. I should go and find the MS Paint drawing I did of it

Popplio is super cute and I love his design

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They're all kinda boring imo, but Rowlet is the best because there's only one other owl Pokemon and Rowlet is clearly going in a different direction than them design-wise.

Popplio and Litten feel like rehashes to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
So I think I get the Ganon matchup now. If you can react to sideB, you win. If you can't, it's even/you lose.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Is there a party going on or something?

.............CUZ IT SURE IS LITTEN IN HERE FAM!

image.png

:150:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Except none of Zelda's customs are good and the only ones I'd even consider using are the phantom ones. Even then, default phantom is probably better now due to the buffs

And if we want to talk about ridiculous custom characters, speed Peach and Rosalinda exist. Speed Peach's everything is safe because of her high air speed and her edgeguarding is lol. Speed Rosalinda gets triple uair death combos, not to mention her stupid custom moves.

Also, lightweight Paletuna gets dthrow>uair as a reliable kill combo at a huge percent range iirc, and I think dthrow>nair>uair kills too. After a little bit of testing, lightweight dthrow>nair kills too.

Edit: lol with lightweight, usmash combos out of dthrow at kill percents (but I'm sure you can DI it)
When I want to just have fun, I give Link a little more speed in exchange for some power, and give him his normal boomerang. Normal boomerang puts him up, probably a tier alone, and the airspeed lets him fight the entire cast. It feels wonderful.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Litten is going to have the best final evolution

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Fire types just have awful hair sometimes.

Delphox has freaking weird ear hairs and Litten has a Dr. Eggman mustache x_x

Top Bottom