• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ last page
Yeah several hit bubbles surprised me. I got killed by a Toon Link when I tried to grab his Fsmash 1 as Link (would have worked in Brawl lol), my grab missed and he Fsmash 2ed me. I hope someone is able to hack the software and show hitbubbles like they did in brawl. That really helped me.
ex

I tried to do a 'Let's Play' but stuff kept coming up in life and I kept getting stressed or depressed. I'm not committed enough to upload youtube videos on a regular basis. My internet sucks too.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEUhD4HDrO2qe9hlCSCLvSTOOo_bVHbBH

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
-sigh-

So this guy I play with offline now and then hates Zelda. Like, really hates Zelda. Whenever I go Zelda, whether I win or lose, he complains that he has to 'put a lot more work into outplaying/outhinking me' than I would to him. He's using what's considered to be a top tier character too lol.

While I agree that Zelda is kind of a simple character, it's a bit discouraging to try and use her vs someone who constantly calls her brain-dead, when I'm actually trying to play intelligently. He made it clear that it's the character he's insulting, not me, but still. I remind him that Zelda is a bad character, but he doesn't care, even if he knows. Am I doing something wrong with the character to get people to constantly complain about her, when she's considered a bad char - or is he just being a sore loser?

The worst part is that he'll switch to Falcon, because Falcon is just as brain-dead, if not more so. As @ Kofu Kofu had complained about Falcon, this character offline is in some ways more of a pain to deal with, mostly for the reasons Kofu mentioned. Anyway, at this point, I end up sand-bagging, because I feel like he is too, and it's like <.<

But if I use Greninja, he starts taking me seriously. Even though my Greninja is worse than my Zelda, the fact that Greninja tends to have to work for his kills (as in, killing later compared to Zelda), and that he commits to a lot of his moves are sufficient reason for him to stay his main vs me. We go about even in the matches, maybe with me winning a little bit more. Oh and this person I play against says I main Greninja, even though I stated a million times that I main both Zelda and Greninja.

I guess my point in all of this is that he won't take my Zelda seriously, and it's kind of annoying. I know I shouldn't let the words of one player get to me, especially when I'm using a character with many flaws, but lately, this player is one of the few options I have to play offline due to my life situation right now. I'm at the point where I'm about to give up using Zelda against him, which sucks because RIP offline practice with her then.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
-sigh-

So this guy I play with offline now and then hates Zelda. Like, really hates Zelda. Whenever I go Zelda, whether I win or lose, he complains that he has to 'put a lot more work into outplaying/outhinking me' than I would to him. He's using what's considered to be a top tier character too lol.

While I agree that Zelda is kind of a simple character, it's a bit discouraging to try and use her vs someone who constantly calls her brain-dead, when I'm actually trying to play intelligently. He made it clear that it's the character he's insulting, not me, but still. I remind him that Zelda is a bad character, but he doesn't care, even if he knows. Am I doing something wrong with the character to get people to constantly complain about her, when she's considered a bad char - or is he just being a sore loser?

The worst part is that he'll switch to Falcon, because Falcon is just as brain-dead, if not more so. As @ Kofu Kofu had complained about Falcon, this character offline is in some ways more of a pain to deal with, mostly for the reasons Kofu mentioned. Anyway, at this point, I end up sand-bagging, because I feel like he is too, and it's like <.<

But if I use Greninja, he starts taking me seriously. Even though my Greninja is worse than my Zelda, the fact that Greninja tends to have to work for his kills (as in, killing later compared to Zelda), and that he commits to a lot of his moves are sufficient reason for him to stay his main vs me. We go about even in the matches, maybe with me winning a little bit more. Oh and this person I play against says I main Greninja, even though I stated a million times that I main both Zelda and Greninja.

I guess my point in all of this is that he won't take my Zelda seriously, and it's kind of annoying. I know I shouldn't let the words of one player get to me, especially when I'm using a character with many flaws, but lately, this player is one of the few options I have to play offline due to my life situation right now. I'm at the point where I'm about to give up using Zelda against him, which sucks because RIP offline practice with her then.
Don't give up Mocha. Don't let nobody tell you to give up on a character. I would fine another offline player if it doesn't work out, Texas has a huge smash scene. If you decide to continue playing with him, you should tell him to try Zelda and see how frustrating she is. Never give up Mocha.

#coffeepals

Wanna play?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
-sigh-

That johning is so real. Zelda is just one of those characters that has a simple gameplan but it's incredibly difficult to actually execute it properly. To call the character brain dead is completely incorrect, and considering the guy uses FALCON, that makes me lol.

Tell him to stop making excuses on winning, just because she's a LOW TIER character. She's very exploitable if you know the gameplan, but it doesn't mean you have to put less effort to beat her. We dedicate our time to main characters we want to play, and to have him say that it's all for waste is just asking for trouble. Don't go easy on him, learn the MU, and kick his butt to show who's the true sassy queen of the game. :^)

But in all seriousness, don't let those words discourage you from using your main. I mean, how many times Diddy mains get flamed to use him? I'm sorry to hear about some IRL issues because stress does affect how we all behave, but Smash shouldn't be something that would make you more stressed. Talk to the guy about this, and if he doesn't listen, let the controllers do the talking.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Don't give up Mocha. Don't let nobody tell you to give up on a character. I would fine another offline player if it doesn't work out, Texas has a huge smash scene. If you decide to continue playing with him, you should tell him to try Zelda and see how frustrating she is. Never give up Mocha.

#coffeepals

Wanna play?
Yeah, I told him to try Zelda for himself so he can understand the character more. He understands the character to an extent though. But he thinks that what I do is really easy to do. And oh I've barely been using Up B too, even though it's the move he hates the most lol.

Mhm, Texas is def huge, and I'll be playing some of my old crew (and new people I'm sure) when I get the chance. At the moment however, my options are very limited.

And nah, I don't mean giving up on the char for good, I meant giving up using her vs him.

I'm not going to play right now due to playing offline for 5+ hours straight, and my hands feel like they came out of an oven that shoots skin-tearing pellets.

Thanks sis. How's Lucina coming along?

That johning is so real. Zelda is just one of those characters that has a simple gameplan
Believe it or not, I do a lot more than Up B with her. I literally use every single move she has, even her garbage ones. Guess he just hates getting hit with any of them lol. But yeah, I don't know what else I'm supposed to do, cause I'm using the moves given to me in situations I find useful.

Maybe he's just sore losing to a character that's considered bad, idk. Still. If it was Diddy he was up against, I'm sure he'd stay his main, no matter how "brainless" Diddy is.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
-sigh-

Am I doing something wrong with the character to get people to constantly complain about her, when she's considered a bad char - or is he just being a sore loser?
If anything you're doing something right. People that whine about whatever they're losing to always manage to do a great job at sucking fun out of the game (read: everyone I've played any fighting game with ever, with one exception), but really if you're getting them to that point then you're doing something right.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Believe it or not, I do a lot more than Up B with her. I literally use every single move she has, even her garbage ones. Guess he just hates getting hit with any of them lol. But yeah, I don't know what else I'm supposed to do, cause I'm using the moves given to me in situations I find useful.

Maybe he's just sore losing to a character that's considered bad, idk. Still. If it was Diddy he was up against, I'm sure he'd stay his main, no matter how "brainless" Diddy is.
Sorry I accidentally posted my little blurb without finishing it, so have a read now. >u>

Again, seems like a huge sore loser, I wouldn't be discouraged to go against him with Zelda. As Lav-chan said, it must mean you're doing something right about the character. We'll support anybody using our queen, and he shouldn't discourage your use of her against him. If at all, it should make us more wanting to show him who's boss.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
-sigh-

Don't give up on a character you love to use
you do you, don't let peeps dictate how you play
Honestly I know the feel, I almost gave up on Link because of friends saying he's a tutorial char, easy wins, etc.
Shake it off, and maybe find someone else to practice with?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Yeah, I told him to try Zelda for himself so he can understand the character more. He understands the character to an extent though. But he thinks that what I do is really easy to do. And oh I've barely been using Up B too, even though it's the move he hates the most lol.

Mhm, Texas is def huge, and I'll be playing some of my old crew (and new people I'm sure) when I get the chance. At the moment however, my options are very limited.

And nah, I don't mean giving up on the char for good, I meant giving up using her vs him.

I'm not going to play right now due to playing offline for 5+ hours straight, and my hands feel like they came out of an oven that shoots skin-tearing pellets.

Thanks sis. How's Lucina coming along?
Actually really well. I got 5th out of 57 at a tournament with her recently and I actually think she's my true main. I love her customs too. I should get up some videos from the tournament soon. Now it's the long phase of me finding a secondary

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

If anything you're doing something right. People that whine about whatever they're losing to always manage to do a great job at sucking fun out of the game (read: everyone I've played any fighting game with ever, with one exception), but really if you're getting them to that point then you're doing something right.
I won't lie - Smash 4 can be super dumb sometimes. I complain about a lot of things too, so I won't pretend that I'm not a hypocrite. But... Zelda. If it's so much whining about her, then goodness help me if I pick up Rosalina and use her vs him.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If it's so much whining about her, then goodness help me if I pick up Rosalina and use her vs him.
Well I was gonna tell you not to give up just because someone's whining about your character and refusing to #ADAPT, but if this is a possible outcome I'm perfectly okay with this. :rosalina:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Sorry I accidentally posted my little blurb without finishing it, so have a read now. >u>

Again, seems like a huge sore loser, I wouldn't be discouraged to go against him with Zelda. As Lav-chan said, it must mean you're doing something right about the character. We'll support anybody using our queen, and he shouldn't discourage your use of her against him. If at all, it should make us more wanting to show him who's boss.
Yeah I don't think he'll learn how to deal with Zelda if I stop using her against him. So if anything, it would help his sake, I think. Cause once you figure Zelda out, she's pretty much in your hands. I try to mix up things so the opponent doesn't reach that level, and I guess that might be part of why he's struggling. I've actually intentionally tried playing super predictable with him before to prove that he can punish the moves he complains about lol.

Well, if he goes his side chars vs my Zelda, guess I'll just have to bop them hard enough to cause him to switch back his main. Wish me luck though :p cause Falcon vs Zelda is laughable.

Don't give up on a character you love to use
you do you, don't let peeps dictate how you play
Honestly I know the feel, I almost gave up on Link because of friends saying he's a tutorial char, easy wins, etc.
Shake it off, and maybe find someone else to practice with?
Which is funny because we tend to put more work on our low/mid tier chars due to the fact that we recognize their weaknesses, and we're trying to cover them. I mean, using a low tier char is all the more reason for you to put in as much effort as possible, isn't it? And yeah, gonna play with more people in time.

Actually really well. I got 5th out of 57 at a tournament with her recently and I actually think she's my true main. I love her customs too. I should get up some videos from the tournament soon. Now it's the long phase of me finding a secondary
Offline? Regardless, good stuff, sis. If you haven't tried offline yet though, I really recommend it when you get the chance. You got potential, and playing offline will be a good experience for you to take advantage of it. Though I will say though, if you're anything like me - the more you play offline, the more spoiled you will be by lagless connections, and you may never want to touch wifi again.

Looking forward to checking out your vids when they're up! Be sure to tag me pls

Also @ Mocha Mocha just ditto him
I dislike using all his characters, sadly. But yes, if I bothered with them, it might actually force him to go back to his main lol. Dittos tend to have that weird effect on people

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Offline? Regardless, good stuff, sis. If you haven't tried offline yet though, I really recommend it when you get the chance. You got potential, and playing offline will be a good experience for you to take advantage of it. Though I will say though, if you're anything like me - the more you play offline, the more spoiled you will be my lagless connections, and you may never want to touch wifi again.

Looking forward to checking out your vids when they're up! Be sure to tag me pls
Springfield = Deadzone of competitive smash lol

The only offline I'll be going to soon is smash con because it's actually near me. My internet's usually fine so I'm alright with online.

Ok, I'll be sure to tag yew.

Rizen

Smash Legend
-sigh-

That sucks :( Some people just hate characters for no reason. Back in Brawl days I had a MK player complain about my Link and say the MU is even because Link's Dair kills MK so early.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
That sucks :( Some people just hate characters for no reason. Back in Brawl days I had a MK player complain about my Link and say the MU is even because Link's Dair kills MK so early.
One of my friends is like this too. I think it is because of me that he has developed an abhorrent hatred for both Zelda and Rob.
He complains that FW is too stronk, and that I grab way too much with both of them but I'm like
Zelda and Rob have amazing grabs why wouldn't I go for grabs?
Oh and I told him not to let me grab him so much :troll:
But actually though, he cracks me up when he says "UGH Rob is so campy" then he proceeds to use his main every other match, Duck Hunt Dog xD

For a while I would switch to someone like Peach or Wario heck even someone I really never use to kinda make it more even like Jigglypuff or Marth but I don't do that anymore cuz

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
One of my friends is like this too. I think it is because of me that he has developed an abhorrent hatred for both Zelda and Rob.
He complains that FW is too stronk, and that I grab way too much with both of them but I'm like
Zelda and Rob have amazing grabs why wouldn't I go for grabs?
Oh and I told him not to let me grab him so much :troll:
But actually though, he cracks me up when he says "UGH Rob is so campy" then he proceeds to use his main every other match, Duck Hunt Dog xD

For a while I would switch to someone like Peach or Wario heck even someone I really never use to kinda make it more even like Jigglypuff or Marth but I don't do that anymore cuz
Guuurl...

Guess we'll both keep spreading the Zelda hate then :p
Is that Chris Crocker in your gif? I can't stop staring at it lmao

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I think the only thing stopping my friends from complaining about my Greninja in Sm4sh is just the fact that they all aware that I'm just plain more skilled than them in the game, so much that I'm kinda of the memetic badass of the group when it comes to games, amusingly enough.

But johning about Zelda? Really?

I do usually have trouble adjusting to fighting Zelda at first, as @GingerGaymer can probably attest to, when we played I got beaten pretty solidly in the first set but I managed to turn the tables pretty well during the following matches.

Finding someone else to play with is probably better because having someone complain all the time just because you're using your main must be extremely grating.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Guuurl...

Guess we'll both keep spreading the Zelda hate then :p
Is that Chris Crocker in your gif? I can't stop staring at it lmao
Omg nooo XD
her name is Bunny Meyer, aka Grav3yardgirl she's an awesome youtuber known for her series "Does this thing really work?" in which she tests TV products x3

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I think the only thing stopping my friends from complaining about my Greninja in Sm4sh is just the fact that they all aware that I'm just plain more skilled than them in the game, so much that I'm kinda of the memetic badass of the group when it comes to games, amusingly enough.

But johning about Zelda? Really?

I do usually have trouble adjusting to fighting Zelda at first, as @GingerGaymer can probably attest to, when we played I got beaten pretty solidly in the first set but I managed to turn the tables pretty well during the following matches.

Finding someone else to play with is probably better because having someone complain all the time just because you're using your main must be extremely grating.
He doesn't mind me using Greninja, so at least I can use one of my mains with peace of mind. I absolutely love using Greninja offline... the freedom of mobility is so very gratifying. And at least this player won't get on my case as much, cause the only thing he complains about when it comes to the froggie is Upsmash, and occasionally Shuriken. It's w/e lol

And here's an ironic Zelda john from me, myself, but I really dislike fighting Zelda on wifi with Greninja. Vice versa too, but especially the former. The struggle is so real. But fighting Zelda offline vs online is a completely different thing, my friend.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Does anyone here understand Japanese and can confirm that the subtitles are legit? All I understand is the word "Mewtwo" lol.

If this is true, then that's really awesome. Mewtwo was a ton of fun in Melee and I'm excited he'll be back soon.

edit: Other people on SmashBoards have apparently confirmed that it's legit. #hype

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
"As planned we our planning to release Mewtwo"

Some date for a Mewtwo thingy was at the end of March idk, I was expecting him to be coming out soon regardless of the accuracy of the video

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
He doesn't mind me using Greninja, so at least I can use one of my mains with peace of mind. I absolutely love using Greninja offline... the freedom of mobility is so very gratifying. And at least this player won't get on my case as much, cause the only thing he complains about when it comes to the froggie is Upsmash, and occasionally Shuriken. It's w/e lol

And here's an ironic Zelda john from me, myself, but I really dislike fighting Zelda on wifi with Greninja. Vice versa too, but especially the former. The struggle is so real. But fighting Zelda offline vs online is a completely different thing, my friend.
It really does make me feel very limited playing Greninja on wi-fi, there are many moments where I'm sure I would be doing better if I only the input lag wasn't there. Still, for now it's my only option. Though at least there may be a tournament close to my home where I can actually play Greninja to the best of my abilities so I'm pretty hyped for it.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Ok then Peach/Zelda main show yourself. I never sat down and played over 20matches. Ever!

Your peach is lik drk,peach level with those float cancels, ggs glad you see the light that is MK.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
"As planned we our planning to release Mewtwo"

Some date for a Mewtwo thingy was at the end of March idk, I was expecting him to be coming out soon regardless of the accuracy of the video
The deadline to register both versions of Smash 4 on Club Nintendo to get the Mewtwo DLC is the 31st. If he's as close to finished as they say, I could see him being released in very early April or even possibly on the 31st of March.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Does anyone here understand Japanese and can confirm that the subtitles are legit? All I understand is the word "Mewtwo" lol.

If this is true, then that's really awesome. Mewtwo was a ton of fun in Melee and I'm excited he'll be back soon.

edit: Other people on SmashBoards have apparently confirmed that it's legit. #hype
With my 5% knowledge of Japanese, it seems legit, the subs.

But his last part "Sorosoro", it's like he's saying that Mewtwo will be out soon.... but not like, soon. Like... "soon", if you get my waters.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
With my 5% knowledge of Japanese, it seems legit, the subs.

But his last part "Sorosoro", it's like he's saying that Mewtwo will be out soon.... but not like, soon. Like... "soon", if you get my waters.
Stop ruining the dream :crying:

That's disappointing, though. Mewtwo will definitely be, at least, a secondary of mine when he's released.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
It really does make me feel very limited playing Greninja on wi-fi, there are many moments where I'm sure I would be doing better if I only the input lag wasn't there. Still, for now it's my only option. Though at least there may be a tournament close to my home where I can actually play Greninja to the best of my abilities so I'm pretty hyped for it.
Good luck, let us know how it goes, and vids! I'm sure it'll be a great experience though

Also guys, in regards to Mewtwo, what is this I hear about registering some code before the end of March to get him free?

Last edited:
WELL.... That was one hell of a tournament. A Shulk won but it wasn't my Shulk. I got wrecked by:
1) Me being bad
2) Seeding
3) Gamecube johns
4) Not feeling like playing at all

On the way to the tournament, I was pulled over by the cops because reasons so I had to argue for my case on the spot. I managed but I didn't want to go anymore at that point. My brother persisted and I was like, "whatevs."

So we went and we we're kinda late. We were shoe horned into the brackets. LUCKILY, MY FIRST MATCH WAS AGAINST A DIDDY. The set was even but I f'd up. So yeah, losers instantly. Lmao. My brother went against some Shulk player and beat him so he also went there. I had a lot of conversations with him. Opinions on Shulk and all that stuff.

We both agreed to fight our way out of loser's. Meanwhile, my brother's Link continues to be the most defensive Link ever. He got the name, "The great wall of Link." He 2 stock'd the hell out of a lot of players. He nearly timed out a bunch of them too. He didn't use Mega Man or Ike once. Just Link

I managed to snag 2 wins in loser's but UNFORTUNATELY, the best Diddy somehow was at loser's. Seedings were messed up from there because he was matched up against the best Sheik. One of them inevitably made it to loser's. I stole 1 game but I lost so that ends me. Lol. Meanwhile, the other Shulk successfully avenged me and beat the Diddy. He makes into the next round.

Meanwhile, my brother beats a Mario and shows his bomb recovering abilities. He beat the Mario with the power of being lame. He went against a patient Sheik. Unfortunately, that didn't end well because well... it's Sheik

Afterwards, the Shulk went against my bro again but he decided to use Robin who's cancer for my brother. Shocking moment: Robin's tome KO'd my brother AT MID-STAGE. We made a joke about it since my brother actually had exams to review for this week so yeah. Haha. My brother was unfortunately, defeated by the Shulk's Robin.

Aight. The real deal. Top 4. The Shulk player's road was tough. By tough, I meant he had to deal with the following:
:4diddy::4sheik::4sheik:

WHELP. Me and @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer were sure that Sheik beats Shulk. Pretty sure Diddy is easier but he still beats Shulk

He beat the Diddy that beat me. Lol. Then he beat the Sheik despite the needles and patience. Grand finals happened, he beat the Sheik. Bracket reset. He beat the Sheik again. Note that both Sheiks are known for being ultra patient and needle-oriented. I decided to ask him about how he beat them. He'd sent me the tips and his personal output later on.

So yeah, that Shulk fought from loser's. He was kicked into loser's at first round and he WON. My brother also did well. That projectile game is real.

Meanwhile, I sucked. So yeah. Nothing much from me. Got 13th ;-;

Top 8 looked like this
:4shulk::4robinf:
:4sheik:
:4diddy:
:4fox:
:4mario:
:4link:
:4peach:

SO YEAH. After that, we had some doubles. MegaZard is the real deal.

The end.

Edit: I also found out. My Rosa sucks. My Mario is GOOD. Why did I drop Mario?

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
WELL.... That was one hell of a tournament. A Shulk one but it wasn't my Shulk. I got wrecked by:
1) Me being bad
2) Seeding
3) Gamecube johns

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
WELL.... That was one hell of a tournament. A Shulk one but it wasn't my Shulk. I got wrecked by:
1) Me being bad
2) Seeding
3) Gamecube johns

On the way to the tournament, I was pulled over by the cops because reasons so I had to argue for my case on the spot. I managed but I didn't want to go anymore at that point. My brother persisted and I was like, "whatevs."

So we went and we we're kinda late. We were shoe horned into the brackets. LUCKILY, MY FIRST MATCH WAS AGAINST A DIDDY. The set was even but I f'd up. So yeah, losers instantly. Lmao. My brother went against some Shulk player and beat him so he also went there. I had a lot of conversations with him. Opinions on Shulk and all that stuff.

We both agreed to fight our way out of loser's. Meanwhile, my brother's Link continues to be the most defensive Link ever. He got the name, "The great wall of Link." He 2 stock'd the hell out of a lot of players. He nearly timed out a bunch of them too. He didn't use Mega Man or Ike once. Just Link

I managed to snag 2 wins in loser's but UNFORTUNATELY, the best Diddy somehow was at loser's. Seedings were messed up from there because he was matched up against the best Sheik. One of them inevitably made it to loser's. I stole 1 game but I lost so that ends me. Lol. Meanwhile, the other Shulk successfully avenged me and beat the Diddy. He makes into the next round.

Meanwhile, my brother beats a Mario and shows his bomb recovering abilities. He beat the Mario with the power of being lame. He went against a patient Sheik. Unfortunately, that didn't end well because well... it's Sheik

Afterwards, the Shulk went against my bro again but he decided to use Robin who's cancer for my brother. Shocking moment: Robin's tome KO'd my brother AT MID-STAGE. We made a joke about it since my brother actually had exams to review for this week so yeah. Haha. My brother was unfortunately, defeated by the Shulk's Robin.

Aight. The real deal. Top 4. The Shulk player's road was tough. By tough, I meant he had to deal with the following:
:4diddy::4sheik::4sheik:

WHELP. Me and @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer were sure that Sheik beats Shulk. Pretty sure Diddy is easier but he still beats Shulk

He beat the Diddy that beat me. Lol. Then he beat the Sheik despite the needles and patience. Grand finals happened, he beat the Sheik. Bracket reset. He beat the Sheik again. Note that both Sheiks are known for being ultra patient and needle-oriented. I decided to ask him about how he beat them. He'd sent me the tips and his personal output later on.

So yeah, that Shulk fought from loser's. He was kicked into loser's at first round and he WON. My brother also did well. That projectile game is real.

Meanwhile, I sucked. So yeah. Nothing much from me. Got 13th ;-;

Top 8 looked like this
:4shulk::4robinf:
:4mario:
:4fox:
:substitute:
:4link:
:4peach:

SO YEAH. After that, we had some doubles. MegaZard is the real deal.

The end.

Damn, sounds like a rough time you had that day. I know the feeling all too well. I experienced similar things back in Brawl tournies. Honestly though, doing some friendlies did me some good before, after, and in between tourney matches. I didn't have as much pressure on me, so I could relax a bit more. Maybe this could be something that would help you too, I'm not sure. Though if you didn't feel like playing to start with, then yeah, makes it harder to enjoy and do well sometimes.

Did you use Rosalina at all, or all Shulk? Wasn't quite sure how much you use her in Smash 4, but just wondered.

Good stuff to your brother too, doing some work with Link. I'm sure you two practice against each other quite a bit offline.

Don't let the tourney discourage you though, I'm sure there'll be more opportunities for you to try again. Was this your first tourney, or have you been going to them for awhile now? In any case, we all have bad days. Keep working at it, and hopefully you'll end up having more consistently good days for Smash. Also, I tip my hat to you for putting an effort into Shulk.

Damn, sounds like a rough time you had that day. I know the feeling all too well. I experienced similar things back in Brawl tournies. Honestly though, doing some friendlies did me some good before, after, and in between tourney matches. I didn't have as much pressure on me, so I could relax a bit more. Maybe this could be something that would help you too, I'm not sure. Though if you didn't feel like playing to start with, then yeah, makes it harder to enjoy and do well sometimes.

Did you use Rosalina at all, or all Shulk? Wasn't quite sure how much you use her in Smash 4, but just wondered.

Good stuff to your brother too, doing some work with Link. I'm sure you two practice against each other quite a bit offline.

Don't let the tourney discourage you though, I'm sure there'll be more opportunities for you to try again. Was this your first tourney, or have you been going to them for awhile now? In any case, we all have bad days. Keep working at it, and hopefully you'll end up having more consistently good days for Smash. Also, I tip my hat to you for putting an effort into Shulk.
I didn't do any friendlies before the tournament because like I said, the cops pulled me over so I had no time to practice.

I won't let the tournament discourage me. Although my pre-mindset and the whole cop incident really took a toll on my killer instincts. Idk. Should avoid letting that happen

I used Shulk all the way. Rosalina and Mario at friendlies. Yeah, me and my bro practice offline. He knows the Shulk match up really well because of that

This isn't my first tournament. Been to a bunch of tournaments already. Placed top 6 (5th) in my last one. I should go to more weeklies though but sometimes, I feel too lazy to go to weeklies. Haha

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Mario boards syndrome.
(We suck at encouragement)

Your story makes me glad I decided to pick up Shulk. To note, in Houston we have a player named Gnes and he plays an excellent Shulk, and also beats Sheik players regularly.

At a monthly, I got dead last because I was seeded against one of the best Sonics in Houston first match, and I felt I was ready for that tournament, so I know how it feels to get bodied, then be on tilt for the rest of the day.

Ironically, once I was out I had time to let the salt flow and then I had massive amounts of fun controlling the stream and having fun cheering for my crew. These things just happen, honestly. Experience helps us later down the line, so I'm sure next time you'll be "really feeling it" and wreck some faces.

Top Bottom