• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
:rosalina:
I knew Rosa had jab cancel options, but I didn't know before today that Luma uair was one of them. The best part is, even if Luma is separated, the autolink ANGLE on his uair throws the opponent back toward Rosalina so she can uair/fair them too. It's an interesting damage racking option, but I rarely have Luma separated so I don't think it'll be useful often.

Also I managed a dash grab during Luma's jab3 today somehow. Forgot to save the replay.

:4mario:
why is scalding fludd so good
I've always been a Luigi fan but Scalding FLUDD makes me want to change my mind

:4duckhunt:
Speaking of frame 1 grenades,

what's the deal with the can? Does it hitstun cancel, or are there just holes in things like Ness' fair? Last time I watched Xanadu, DunnoBro was throwing out cans in the middle of Ness' fair.

Am I the only one assuming that Mewtwo won't just be a port from Melee?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
What does Scalding F.L.U.D.D. do again
A F.L.U.D.D. that deals damage?
To put it simply, think of it like Charizard's Flamethrower, except you can charge it and the end lag is low enough to combo off of it.

Soul.

To put it simply, think of it like Charizard's Flamethrower, except you can charge it and the end lag is low enough to combo off of it.
hmm
last time i checked I couldn't combo off of it. maybe I was doing something wrong

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
ok

pretend you're playing pokemon

it's scald

hmm
last time i checked I couldn't combo off of it. maybe I was doing something wrong
Use it in the air and drift toward your opponent

Mario's amazing air speed will get you close enough to get a dash grab off it, possibly among other things.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Edit: I also found out. My Rosa sucks. My Mario is GOOD. Why did I drop Mario?
Eh, Rosalina isn't a pick up and get the hang of character. I've been playing her since the 3ds version came out and I still barely know what I'm doing. >.>
Rosalina is the only character that makes me want to flip off the player for choosing her at a tournament. And I played against Timber Counter Villager.
Well thanks. >.>

Also Timber counter is inferior to regular timber.
pretend you're playing pokemon

it's scald

Well, I mean it is called Scalding fludd for a reason. :happysheep:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
*late reply*

>mfw people hate your main

Good. The salt is great for my fries.
Don't misunderstand, I like Falcon (I use him in Melee, knees for days). I just think he has some pretty ridiculous hitboxes that make fighting him more difficult than it should be. That said, his overall character design in this game is very solid. I think he'll be a character somewhat akin to Brawl Dedede of Game & Watch in that he gets wrecked by the top tiers but beats or even invalidates most characters below him.

Shulk ditto comes down to:

- Hey look... He's using buster, speed then!
- Oh crap speed!? Jump art!
- Wait wha--- jump art? BUSTER!!
- Shield art? Jump art :awesome:
- Smash art? No one cares that much tbh
- Buster vs buster? Lol
- Smash vs Smash? Lol
- Speed vs Speed? Bait fest
- Jump vs Jump? No one gets hit

I can even add more reasons as to why I'd rather go Mario against Shulk than go on a Shulk ditto. smh

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Use it in the air and drift toward your opponent

Mario's amazing air speed will get you close enough to get a dash grab off it, possibly among other things.
When Mario mains stop using HP FLUDD because "HEY I PUSH HARDER!" they'll see why Scalding FLUDD is the best Down-B custom.

Well thanks. >.>

Also Timber counter is inferior to regular timber.
Sorry, Rosalina gets me frustrated her, and everyone in Texas wants to main Rosalina for some reason. :(

Timber Counter is inferior to regular timber in every way except ledge camping, and since I'm Mario I kinda don't care about regular timber.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Last night on for Glory I pulled some ridiculous stunt against Sheik's Bouncing Fish. I saved the replay but haven't rewatched it yet but IIRC I shield the first hit, then ran over and USmashed. Game & Watch's invincibility tanked Bouncing Fish's rebound and the attack went through and killed Sheik.

Anyone want to play a few matches?

EDIT: Xyr0 is an idiot for banning customs

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The only good Rosalinas I know from texas atm are Jopan (is that his name?) and iiggy

Texas players are going Rosalina now? Well F. Good thing TGC bans customs.
There's quite a number of them that I saw in TGC, they just didn't get that far. (I lost to a Rosalina player in Winners and IIRC he got top 20), and at our weeklies there's roughly 3-4 players with Rosalina as their secondary, and Jopan plays every week. I love Jopan though. We're bros. Probably because he's just as tired of playing against Marios as I am Rosalinas.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Can you intercept spacies Side B anymore? I played in a small tourney tonight against a Fox that kept going through my Fsmash as Zelda, so I resorted to just catching the end of it.

I remember in Brawl when I could easily intercept it with Fsmash and Nayru's.
Falco Phantasm doesn't have a hitbox for the last half or so of the distance, so you can and should catch Falco. Fox Illusion has a full hitbox, but both moves like Ike's Quickdraw have end lag which means you can punish them. Wolf Flash is another story since it travels at an angle.

I'm glad you're sticking to your guns @ Macchiato Macchiato

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I finally got my Shulk amiibo!
*Bangs head on a desk*

Sorry, oh the problems I have faced trying to get my hands on Rosalina and Shulk. Pro-tip. Nin-nin games isn't the best site for imports. Never again. I'm still trying to find a way to cancel my order. Since it's been about a month or so and they still haven't shipped me anything.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
IMO Mewtwo will be a threat because the mechanics seem to help him in this game better than what Melee offered him.

- No Melee airdodge = less of a liability when thrown in the air
- USmash and Disable air dodge reads from Dthrow
- Amazing double jump + teleport auto-ledge grab = OP recovery
- Rage Uthrow
- Has range in normals:4diddy:
- Fastfall Nair -> Grab seems legit
- Dtilt is like your god and savior for combos and spacing
Only downside is that he's a big target so he'll get bodied by Sheik and :4diddy:. RIP Diddy counters.
No one pays attention when I say these things ;_;

Mewtwo's Melee traits would be a huge asset in Smash 4. In addition to the above, high air speed is really valuable to have and, in combination with his floatiness and high double jump will make him hard to combo (death to your Hoos and Hahs). Pretty much all multi-hit moves were buffed from Melee to Sm4sh (even Zelda's u-smash, f-smash and n-air are buffed compared to Melee), so that's an automatic buff to N-air and U-smash for Mewtwo. Also, amazing recovery + high air speed + b-air and d-air pretty much means beastly edgeguarding on paper at least, which is a big deal. Philoz pretty much covered everything else. Even a mere port of Melee Mewtwo should do well in Smash 4.

Yes, this is the Mewtwo Social now :150:

Last edited:
No one pays attention when I say these things ;_;

Mewtwo's Melee traits would be a huge asset in Smash 4. In addition to the above, high air speed is really valuable to have and, in combination with his floatiness and high double jump will make him hard to combo (death to your Hoos and Hahs). Pretty much all multi-hit moves were buffed from Melee to Sm4sh (even Zelda's u-smash, f-smash and n-air are buffed compared to Melee), so that's an automatic buff to N-air and U-smash for Mewtwo. Also, amazing recovery + high air speed + b-air and d-air pretty much means beastly edgeguarding on paper at least, which is a big deal. Philoz pretty much covered everything else. Even a mere port of Melee Mewtwo should do well in Smash 4.
I pay attention ;)

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
*Bangs head on a desk*

Sorry, oh the problems I have faced trying to get my hands on Rosalina and Shulk. Pro-tip. Nin-nin games isn't the best site for imports. Never again. I'm still trying to find a way to cancel my order. Since it's been about a month or so and they still haven't shipped me anything.
I have a relative that goes to Japan frequently so I was able to get him to pick one up for me.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
As a rare person who doesn't care about Mewtwo, alt color based on mew please at least. Or at least pink. :3

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Why is it that every time I go to the ClashTournaments stream there's a commercial break?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I think the only thing we can say for sure about Mewtwo is that he'll enjoy finally having a disjointed tail, since tails/wings seem to be universally disjointed in this game, so no more stupid hurtbox.

Watch uthrow get gutted, Teleport tweaked to be at least as slow as Palutena's, and his bair removed completely because it'd be "too good" disjointed.

Top Bottom