• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I honestly don't care about Mewtwo
My precious replays
Plus there's tournament mode to look forward too
And maybe a patch

warionumbah2

Smash Master
No one pays attention when I say these things ;_;

Mewtwo's Melee traits would be a huge asset in Smash 4. In addition to the above, high air speed is really valuable to have and, in combination with his floatiness and high double jump will make him hard to combo (death to your Hoos and Hahs). Pretty much all multi-hit moves were buffed from Melee to Sm4sh (even Zelda's u-smash, f-smash and n-air are buffed compared to Melee), so that's an automatic buff to N-air and U-smash for Mewtwo. Also, amazing recovery + high air speed + b-air and d-air pretty much means beastly edgeguarding on paper at least, which is a big deal. Philoz pretty much covered everything else. Even a mere port of Melee Mewtwo should do well in Smash 4.

Yes, this is the Mewtwo Social now :150:
He'll be light and tall.

So long as he has that and slower ground speed, :4metaknight: will beat him mark my words viewers. He'll get rocked by Diddy too.
I honestly don't care about Mewtwo
My precious replays
Plus there's tournament mode to look forward too
And maybe a patch
Imma record all my replays before Mewtwo ****s them over.

Last edited:
I think customs can be dumb at times. Idk why Seagull Joe commented. Like, he has the right to voice it out (and I kinda agree with him). Usually, I'd avoid commenting about my slight iffyness with customs but props to him for marching in that thread/news article. I think it isn't news that I'm sort of not that much of an advocate for customs but at least you guys manage to tolerate me :3

Also, Mewtwo will be Diddy food. Sorry guys. We'll have to wait for Snake. He's our savior

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I've been thinking about quitting Smash.
Maybe yesterday was a bad day but after losing a Tink ditto in FG, getting beatdown by Spirst, and getting knocked out of a tournament by a Megaman, I wonder If I should just stop playing smash competitively. Like, I'm better than the casual player but can't beat any seasoned players. I'm stuck in that middle ground and I just see no progress from playing. I'm dirt with Sheik, and demoralizing defeats showed how bad my other characters were, low tier or not.
I just feel that I'm not getting anywhere
I don't mind losing, but getting constantly beatdown nowadays is just...

Last edited:
I've been thinking about quitting Smash Maybe yesterday was a bad day but after losing a Tink ditto in FG, getting beatdown by Spirst, and getting knocked out of a tournament by a Megaman, I wonder If I should just stop playing smash competitively. Like, I'm better than the casual player but can't beat any seasoned players. I'm stuck in that middle ground and I just see no progress from playing. I'm dirt with Sheik, and demoralizing defeats showed how bad my other characters were, low tier or not
My answer: No

Don't let loses affect you. If anything, be more motivated. Trust me here.

Last edited:

Soul.

Mewtwo needs a speed buff.
Maybe yesterday was a bad day but after losing a Tink ditto in FG, getting beatdown by Spirst, and getting knocked out of a tournament by a Megaman, I wonder If I should just stop playing smash competitively. Like, I'm better than the casual player but can't beat any seasoned players. I'm stuck in that middle ground and I just see no progress from playing. I'm dirt with Sheik, and demoralizing defeats showed how bad my other characters were, low tier or not.
No, don't. Losing makes you get better. FG is trash and means nothing

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I got a cyclone gimp with :4luigi: on a Sheik and was like "AWW YEAH PICKING THIS CHARACTER UP FOR REAL LET'S GO"

then I botched a cyclone gimp on a Bowser and the match ended up going a minute and a half longer than it should've because of it

I wish I could mash well, I would so main Luigi but I feel like jumpless Cyclone techs are way too important to not be able to do

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean it that way, but reading your post as "damn, I lost to Spirst, time to quit smash" made me crack up.

berserker's right though, you shouldn't be letting losses get to you. If you lose, figure out why you lost, learn what to do differently next time, and take the steps to become a better player. Getting down about it isn't going to get you anywhere.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think customs can be dumb at times. Idk why Seagull Joe commented. Like, he has the right to voice it out (and I kinda agree with him). Usually, I'd avoid commenting about my slight iffyness with customs but props to him for marching in that thread/news article. I think it isn't news that I'm sort of not that much of an advocate for customs but at least you guys manage to tolerate me :3

Also, Mewtwo will be Diddy food. Sorry guys. We'll have to wait for Snake. He's our savior
My problem with anti-custom people is that they usually have the same idea in mind. That smash 4 is going to die with customs legal. The issue is that people were already saying smash 4 was going to die.

I mean, I rather smash 4 die experimenting by the love of the community.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Mewtwo needs a speed buff.

No, don't. Losing makes you get better. FG is trash and means nothing
He's as fast as Aerodactyl in the Pokémon games. I'd say a run speed like Falcon's, maybe Sonic's. And heck, he's got base 110 Attack too! Let's make him hit as hard as Falcon.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
He's as fast as Aerodactyl in the Pokémon games. I'd say a run speed like Falcon's, maybe Sonic's. And heck, he's got base 110 Attack too! Let's make him hit as hard as Falcon.

pls no, we don't need an even faster falcon

Soul.

Yes, make Mewtwo faster than Greninja. Problem solved.
For reference:
Mewtwo: Base 130 Spe
Greninja: Base 122 Spe

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂

My answer: No

Don't let loses affect you. If anything, be more motivated. Trust me here.
This.

I'm in the same spot as you, though from the sounds of it I'm a little bit higher. I can bop scrubs and mid-tier players and I've been told I'm right on the border for being a high level player. I don't feel like that though. The high level players in SA (and Texas) bop me so bad I pretty much don't have a chance against them right now.

Right now, you just have to find a method to learn how to improve. Sounds weird at first, but grinding games isn't the way to get better. Eventually, you have to look at your core fundamentals and find out what kinks you have in your gameplay.

Soul.

B-reverse Shadow Ball les go.
Wavebounce SB les go.
inb4 no PM Teleport. At least having less lag like Pikachu's QA would be good

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Anyone else salty about the replays? All those glorious matches I can use for character discussions are gone.

Hope MK doesn't get nerfed, but I know :4greninja: will take one for the team.

Soul.

If there's a patch, then I hope Pika isn't nerfed.
Greninja is 100% guaranteed lmao

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

pls no, we don't need an even faster falcon
You mean you don't want Mewtwo to be faster than Falcon with a projectile, two kill throws buffed by rage, a good recovery, disjointed tail attacks, and a projectile nullifier? That's my dream :150: though!

Real talk, if he's light like Melee I will be a mite upset. He's 270 pounds for crying out loud! I'd be okay with Paletuna weight though.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
GGs hahah, no I don't really see anything. Any Diddy sheik or mop advice?
Yeah GG lol. Umm not really. I just think that you should use a move besides ftilt to pressure shields w/ Sheik cuz if I wasn't being stupid I could have rolled away. Maybe SH fair? I think she should be your secondary btw. You're very good with her
If there's a patch, then I hope Pika isn't nerfed.
Greninja is 100% guaranteed lmao
inb4 Zelda's utilt is buffed by 0.7%

Last edited:

Soul.

You mean you don't want Mewtwo to be faster than Falcon with a projectile, two kill throws buffed by rage, a good recovery, disjointed tail attacks, and a projectile nullifier? That's my dream :150: though!

Real talk, if he's light like Melee I will be a mite upset. He's 270 pounds for crying out loud! I'd be okay with Paletuna weight though.
Mewtwo's nair though
that **** getting buff. Reduced SDI means it's going to hit for sure

D

Deleted member

Anyone else salty about the replays? All those glorious matches I can use for character discussions are gone.

Hope MK doesn't get nerfed, but I know :4greninja: will take one for the team.
I had so many amazing replays omfg. All these updates are getting rid of GLORIOUS MEMORIES. I even had a replay that @Twili could never forget.

You know what I'm talking about, Twi ;D

D

Deleted member

Does anyone wanna playyy?

Im sad cause all my friends traveled somewhere for Spring Break and I'm stuck here at home ._.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Falco's probably going to lose his Fire Slide... and strong Bair... and Dair will be nerfed... and people will fall out of Fair... and Jab 1 won't even connect to Jab 2... and default Fire Bird will have even less range... same with the customs... Reflector Void will be frame 12 move... and Falco's voice will be removed. See? Balancing. :p

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I was going to say... that MK just looked not good. Lots of uair strings dropped... Got uair'd to death (jumping out of uair is a big no-no)... no dimensional cape.

I was really excited at first, but then it just was a meh match.

Top Bottom