• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Well I was gonna tell you not to give up just because someone's whining about your character and refusing to #ADAPT, but if this is a possible outcome I'm perfectly okay with this. :rosalina:
People have already adapted to :rosalina:. But she outright invalidates most of the cast, i don't think any character has more than one 70:30 MU IN THEIR FAVOR.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Counters are annoying online, now imagine a character whose entire moveset is made up of counters: https://youtu.be/mYzJAU8IeX8.
:202: for Smash 5

"As planned we our planning to release Mewtwo"
Probably "As planned we are planning to release Mewtwo"
although that's still super lol
Aight. The real deal. Top 4. The Shulk player's road was tough. By tough, I meant he had to deal with the following:
:4diddy::4sheik::4sheik:
Top 8 looked like this
:4shulk::4robinf:
:4sheik:
:4sheik:
:4mario:
:4fox:
:substitute:
:4link:
:4peach:
diddy = mario
illuminati confirmed

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
MegaZard destructiiioooonnnn.

Playing heavies with straightforward move sets (instead of complex MALLC stuff or dumb AAA utilt stuff) is such a nice change of pace. While I know you wanted to go Shulk and everything, a secondary when you're not really feeling putting in all that effort will probably go a long ways, because Shulk actually takes effort to work.

Side note: I played Artryuu the other day and MALLC's and BF air slash cancels are so ridiculously fun to play against even though I got caught trying to shield grab the invincibility because conditioning.

i don't think any character has more than one 70:30 MU IN THEIR FAVOR.
Mega cancer - samus, Zelda, dedede, villager?

Mario boards syndrome.
(We suck at encouragement)

Your story makes me glad I decided to pick up Shulk. To note, in Houston we have a player named Gnes and he plays an excellent Shulk, and also beats Sheik players regularly.

At a monthly, I got dead last because I was seeded against one of the best Sonics in Houston first match, and I felt I was ready for that tournament, so I know how it feels to get bodied, then be on tilt for the rest of the day.

Ironically, once I was out I had time to let the salt flow and then I had massive amounts of fun controlling the stream and having fun cheering for my crew. These things just happen, honestly. Experience helps us later down the line, so I'm sure next time you'll be "really feeling it" and wreck some faces.
Yeah. Gotta put more work on the Monado boi. I should ask help from that Shulk player since he knows his ****.

I know about Gnes using Shulk. Slush told me about it

I'll feel it some day. The winner had a 3 second interview and it was like:

"How did you win?"
"I was feeling it"

ACTUALLY IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW HE WON, SHEIK COULD NOT DO **** AGAINST SHIELD SHULK. IT TAKES AGES FOR SHEIK TO KILL HOLY **** LOL
illuminati confirmed
Whoops. My bad. Suffering from a tourney hangover. Haha. I'll edit that

NOW I remember, that Mario got 5th.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
3 of them are bad characters tbh, Rosalina bum rushes some high tiers like it ain't no thang.
Rosalina is the only character that makes me want to flip off the player for choosing her at a tournament. And I played against Timber Counter Villager.

I'm still convinced I just suck though.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Good luck, let us know how it goes, and vids! I'm sure it'll be a great experience though

Also guys, in regards to Mewtwo, what is this I hear about registering some code before the end of March to get him free?
Can't promise vids but I'll make sure to tell how it went.

Sounds like a good endorsement for decisive shield.

Were there customs at the tourney?
No. Customs are a no-no for our region.

If you want me to get into details

The Sheik managed to get the Shulk to 80% or something. From there, the Shulk used buster and somehow managed to nullify the damage. Hell, he took the lead already from there and KO'd the Sheik while he was at it. He used Smash art then f-tilt'd. Monado shield made things even harder for Sheik. He just mixed it up from shield and buster. Shulk player's spacing was on point. A lot of grabs, f-tilts, d-tilts, u-tilts, f-airs and n-airs

Monado shield was a game changer in the GF's. That and the Shulk's ability to recover back with jump art (because people usually throw shield Shulk off-stage).

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I wonder how much damage mach tornado does to jump/buster Shulk.

brb

edit: i managed to get 25% on jump shulk but nothing above 23 on buster.

Last edited:
I wonder how much damage mach tornado does to jump/buster Shulk.

brb
I played an MK like, way before the tourney. One day before iirc.

It does a lot. Lol. Speed art is my preferred choice because everyone loves being Jedi Sonic

Last edited:
You take additional damage while in Jump mode?
Buster art: You take 13% more damage
Jump art: You take 22% more damage

I rarely get hit in jump art though. It's really easy to avoid taking hits or getting grabbed

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I played an MK like, way before the tourney. One day before iirc.

It does a lot. Lol. Speed art is my preferred choice because everyone loves being Jedi Sonic
Shield is good but MK can camp it out, if you're at 110% i have no reason to feed you more rage lol can't fool me.

Speed and Buster is great, Smash is kinda meh.

Shield is good but MK can camp it out, if you're at 110% i have no reason to feed you more rage lol can't fool me.

Speed and Buster is great, Smash is kinda meh.
I don't think smash is needed. If anything, avoid using it because I remember getting Shuttle loop killed really early. LOL

Buster is pretty mixed. Slightly okay. I was probably bad with buster. It seems good so I should probably git gud with it against MK. Jedi Sonic never fails Shulk

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Buster art: You take 13% more damage
Jump art: You take 22% more damage

I rarely get hit in jump art though. It's really easy to avoid taking hits or getting grabbed
22% holy crap rofl. I guess it makes sense, since Jump Art is so evasive.

I actually really enjoy Buster Mode over all of them. I just treat him like Brawl Ike and space everything during that mode.

Spirst

Also guys, in regards to Mewtwo, what is this I hear about registering some code before the end of March to get him free?
The Smash 3DS and Wii U copies each have special codes on the inside of the cover that you need to register on Club Nintendo. I believe it automatically registers if it's a digital download but yeah, go register your codes on CN if you have both (or look in the Mewtwo boards for the DLC co-op thread) so you can get it. Free **** is always nice.

22% holy crap rofl. I guess it makes sense, since Jump Art is so evasive.

I actually really enjoy Buster Mode over all of them. I just treat him like Brawl Ike and space everything during that mode.
That's the reason why I love buster. It's the art that never failed me because it's really reliant on spacing.

I suck with speed though. I can't pivot for my life with the GC controller. I do way better with the 3DS controller but I refuse to make that my main controller. I think I have to accept it. I need to marry the 3DS controls.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Buster has so much upside for so little downside, I don't understand why Shulks don't love it more

I don't have much of an opinion on the other arts (no Shulk experience, etc) but Smash probably seems the least useful to me on paper for being high risk while giving your opponent proportionally more reward and making Shulk's hits less safe on shield.

Like I said, people like being "Jedi Sonic." Speed art has no down sides (technically) because the damage reduction basically puts your damage output on par with 1.03 Vanilla Shulk. Also, the mobility boost is nuts.

But yeah, people should love buster more. It sounds risky in practice but you need to be more patient with it and more precise. That's all

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Buster has so much upside for so little downside, I don't understand why Shulks don't love it more
Because the majority of Shulks (that I went against as Mario), tend to use it at the very beginning of a match when they should be using it at mid percents to make spacing more effective. They all want to play it like how Ally's Shulk did vs Will's DK.

Smash Mode is actually very useful for getting out of low% combos. Otherwise, I would only use it for D-throw kills or edgeguarding.

Should also note, one of my wins was against a Luigi/Yoshi

Luigi match up is REALLY easy. I went buster smash. Not even speed. Just buster and smash. Luigi is easy to zone out. Yoshi was harder but manageable. I still went buster/speed and it worked.

I finally went against a Jr (2nd match at loser's). I managed to handle that easily. Jump combo gimp cheese :troll:

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
GGS @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 I was trolling with Diddy in the beginning lol but I didn't insta win so I'm disappointed. Hahahah that was fun. So any thoughts? Who do yew think I should secondary? Sheik or rosalina?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
GGs @ Macchiato Macchiato ! 'Twas fun, electric needles are so much lol haha. And Rosalina gave me a heart attack throughout the match. :p

Gotta take a break for the Luma stuffs, good stuff with the other characters too!

Secondary Sheik, only because I hate Rosaluma and you played sheik more. :p

Last edited:
That reminds me, I didn't tell much about my friendlies. Nothing spectacular. Sort of

I used Diddy and won at some of 'em :4diddy:. Friendlies are important. They made me realize that I should use :4mario: more

Grenades will save Snake from d-throw to u-air. Sticky mines will save Snake from air dodge traps.

It's destiny

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Mewtwo will be low tier

Just you wait. Snake is our only potential Diddy counter
IMO Mewtwo will be a threat because the mechanics seem to help him in this game better than what Melee offered him.

- No Melee airdodge = less of a liability when thrown in the air
- USmash and Disable air dodge reads from Dthrow
- Amazing double jump + teleport auto-ledge grab = OP recovery
- Rage Uthrow
- Has range in normals:4diddy:
- Fastfall Nair -> Grab seems legit
- Dtilt is like your god and savior for combos and spacing
Only downside is that he's a big target so he'll get bodied by Sheik and :4diddy:. RIP Diddy counters.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one assuming that Mewtwo won't just be a port from Melee?

Top Bottom