• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
^ I AM curious about Dsmash. If anyone can tell me that Dtilt had longer range in 1.00-1.03, then I can say for sure it was increased, as Dsmash hits like, a millimeter farther than Dtilt in at LEAST, 1.04.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I stole my boyfriend's 3DS and copy of Smash just now. Still at 1.0.3.
Will test.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Dsmash doesn't seem any bigger, sadly. Even in 1.0.3 it sometimes hits where dtilt never would. I tried at the same distance (as best I could, anyway).
If you tested it on Mario, his idle animation might've screwed up things as sometimes I'd get a phantom hit on his hand with dtilt.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
That said, I appreciate dsmash's range a bit more now.
It's not as small as it felt on release.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I stole my boyfriend's 3DS and copy of Smash just now. Still at 1.0.3.
Will test.
Hold on! I need you to test something:

Put Mario on a low BF platform, and then try and hit him with a non angled, minimal distance Din's. If it doesn't hit him in 1.0.3, Din's Fire might've actually gotten a hit-box increase!

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Crap, it hit him when it was right under in 1.0.3. It missed if the center was anywhere else at min charge.
Same with 1.0.4.

By the way, testing this just showed how misleading the effects are.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Just downloaded the patch there now, & I can't even do RCPG anymore it's heartbreaking ;_;

In completely unrelated news, I've entered a wee online tourney with mostly people from the UK (yay less lag!) which starts on Saturday & I plan to go 50/50 Zelderp & Pretty Palutena. So yeah :)

/smashblogboards

Last edited:

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Does anyone feel like her lightning kicks are a bit easier to land after the patch or am I just imagining this?

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Does anyone feel like her lightning kicks are a bit easier to land after the patch or am I just imagining this?
i don't think so, they feel relatively the same to me. i think we want to believe there is more to this patch for Zelda so much that we are imagining things lol
sorry ..what does it mean RCPG?
Roll Cancel Pivot Grab, but its gone now lol

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm not sure about it, but I think that using the edges of a plateform to stay in place while doing the pivot grab allows Zelda to keep the grab range. It's more limited, but... it may help. Sometimes.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
i can confirm it's no longer 420noscope easy
It's basically harder to pull off and with less range. Not nearly as rewarding as her old RCPG.

Better start praying for 1.05/WiiU release!

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
That just reminds me of PM 3.5 Zelda, who I actually like! She's looking super rosy compared to Smash 4 Zelda.

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
I never used RCPG in this game, I'm glad it's still in the game. I don't care if it's harder to use. I'll try to use RCPG on the Wii U with a GCN controller.

Last edited:

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I had just learned to incorporate her RCPG and now it's a million times more difficult to pull off. It is still possible like others have said but so much more inconsistent. I found myself rolling instead of grabbing more often than not.The timing has to be spot on. That range reduction hurts though. I was having fun outranging Marth's fair with it too :(

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
urgh, that 1% utilt buff has got me SO excited...

>__>

This isn't patch-related but has anyone experienced recovering to the ledge and appearing just slightly above it instead of snapping?

Basically I teleported quite close to the left ledge (I was recovering horizontally so it was pretty much holding the directional stick to the right). I assumed it would snap but I appeared directly above the ledge instead and fell down to snap it moments later.

It's almost like she hit an invisible wall.

I think it's quite detrimental and it's happened to me TWICE (pre-patch as well). Though it does make me question whether there's more control to her teleport than we know...?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Sakurai is doing this slowly but surely. Next game we'll probably get a 2% buff on Dtilt. And if we're really sweet we may have get 1% extra on a move like Uthrow or something! That's exactly what she needs after all, right?

I need a shoulder to cry on.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Didn't he say something about his Brawl main being Ganondorf?
Maybe, just maybe, he thinks they're balanced because he four stocks (or um three stocks) his scrubby coworkers with low tiers.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Can confirm Usmash is still garbage. From having terrible range to being unable to KO toon link at 150% to being unable to hit ZSS when she's standing right next to you (except for the last hit) to having Bowser of all characters just fall out of it.

Speaking of smash attacks, can fsmash actually hit opponents who have had their shield broken? I was testing this with a friend through use of phantom breaker and the fsmash kept tossing him behind me even though he wasn't making any attempt to vector. I guess faore's wind should be the go to option if you ever manage to break shields, but still.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I've gotten both results. But people have fallen out of it enough that I just go for a fair for damage or FW for a kill.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So...we should punish broken shields with the Farore's Elevator thing? Or a kick? They're both pretty strong.

Oh, and of they're at like 130% or so you could use Din's to KO, lol. Then you can say that you killed with Din's. :awesome: Phantom could work too, but it's not as humiliating.

And the thread title...
LOL.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
On a random note, I made a Zelda Sm4sh 3DS compilation video, if any of you want to check it out! You can cleeeeearly see how different she was waaaaaay back in V1.0.3 compared to this newer patched version, right cccccc:

... Anyways, please check it out, and see what you think, everyone! Thanks!

http://youtu.be/BylRco1owHo

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
On a random note, I made a Zelda Sm4sh 3DS compilation video, if any of you want to check it out! You can cleeeeearly see how different she was waaaaaay back in V1.0.3 compared to this newer patched version, right cccccc:

Wow you play so good! Especially for it being the 3DS.

Maybe you should make a very serious guide on SSB4 Zelda to show us how to properly Zelda everything.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord

I love your Farore usage.

And I love the title of this thread. Good job Aero.

Top Bottom