• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Are we sure default Din's is bigger? It doesn't feel any different.

Love your sig, Mocha.

PrimalCarnage

Smash Cadet
idk it feels bigger to me. It seems like it can actually hit people in front of it now. But we won't really know until aero and BJN39 test everything. Also I think I saw someone mention it might be faster or have a bit less less endlag? It does feel a bit faster too.

Are we sure nothing happened to short hops? Or maybe it's the L canceling thing (I really haven't been paying attention to the general nerfs).

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Thanks. It quite accurately describes how I feel, somehow.

I've heard from some people that Din's Fire has a 'larger' hitbox, but I'm not sure if they mean in appearance (of it travelling) or the actual hitbox being bigger. In a few hours from now (as I'm still at work), I will get home and test some of this stuff. Maybe there's a subtle buff in there that we may have missed.

But guys... guys... face it. Even with all this testing on the 3DS and whatnot, what will REALLY matter is what we can do with a Gamecube controller in our hands. This Friday.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Zero Suit Samus was buffed?
I think I know who Sakurai's favorite character in Smash 4 is =D

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
It is definitely a lot tougher to do a RCPG now. There is also definitely less range to it now (WHY SAKURAI).

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, the pivot Fsmash feels a bit easier to do. I remember before I couldn't do it very well, but now I'm getting it more consistently. Though ftilt does seem to come out more often than not, haha. Perhaps this will be fixed with a gamecube controller in the Wii U version.

What do you want from Zelda gosh darnit developersssss (don't answer that, lol).

micstar615

Smash Ace
I feel like DSmash might've gained some range and Standard Dins definitely is different in some way, idk if it's the speed, the hitbox or the end lag but something seems different.

Have you guys tested her customs? Nothing seems majorly different for her Dins customs. Also do you guys feel that Naryu's is faster or is this just the placebo effect? :/

Rion

Smash Journeyman
The last hit of Zelda's USmash can hit people on Battlefield platforms. I'm not really sure if this is new, but I don't remember being able to do this before.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I can't believe Zelda wasn't significantly buffed... well actually I can, she's been consistently bad for two games and they still refuse to fix the glaring issues in her design... but still, part of me hoped they'd get it together and give her something. :\

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I can't believe Zelda wasn't significantly buffed... well actually I can, she's been consistently bad for two games and they still refuse to fix the glaring issues in her design... but still, part of me hoped they'd get it together and give her something. :\
They should steal her something.

Landing lag, for exemple.

micstar615

Smash Ace
They did! The gave her UTilt a 1% buff!!!!! :D

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Can you still edge cancel with Faore's Wind? I can't test it right now but I've seen people saying that edge cancelling has been removed. It's not a huge deal if it has been but I would like to know.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
No, it's still in (at least on FD). I was just doing it in Training a while ago.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Is it just me or does Zelda feels a lot worse than she was in Brawl? I only just started using her yesterday and she just didn't feel the same to me.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Can you still edge cancel with Faore's Wind? I can't test it right now but I've seen people saying that edge cancelling has been removed. It's not a huge deal if it has been but I would like to know.
You still can. While testing data, I did FW to the ledge and it cancelled.

EDIT : Ninja'd. Oh, but I can confirm it works on more than FD.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Is it just me or does Zelda feels a lot worse than she was in Brawl? I only just started using her yesterday and she just didn't feel the same to me.
I find her better, but you have to play differently than in previous Smash games.

PrimalCarnage

Smash Cadet
She pretty's different from Brawl. You're going to have to get used to her again. Her grab game is better and jumping offstage is recommended since jumping back to the stage is safe now + dair is useful.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So those queens over at the sheik boards be crying end of the world because Bouncing Fish KOs slighlty later now.

It's like they forget she's still freaky good in just about every way.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So those queens over at the sheik boards be crying end of the world because Bouncing Fish KOs slighlty later now.

It's like they forget she's still freaky good in just about every way.

It's not surprising to hear complains about nerfs... But still. "Zelda's best B move" clearly have good options anyway.

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
I never played Zelda in previous Smash games but she is fun in Smash 4. I can be really patient and obnoxious with my opponent. I can also be a bully off stage and not have to worry about not recovering.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Zelda is better in Smash 4 than in Brawl. Or Melee for that matter.

Their up-air was nerfed too, I think it's funny.

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
That sucks for Shiek but she still speed. She is still good.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be nice if she just had her melee lightening kicks back? I feel like with the changes she has received since melee (faster speed, consistent smash attacks, better grab, better recovery), having her lightening kicks back to the way they were would make her more viable. It just seems like Sakurai doesn't know what to do with this character :/

Last edited:

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Zelda would be a hell of a lot more fun to play in this game if she had her Melee kicks. I miss using the kick as fear bait. </3

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I... I feel like dsmash range is increased. I mean, placebo effect stronk but it was something I noticed like, immediately, so it seemed significant enough to notice that quickly. Probably just placebo working its voodoo magics on me, I guess.

Top Bottom