• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
So I realized at work that "macarena" and "Palutena" have the same number of syllables and sound reasonably similar.

Dale a tu cuerpo alegria PALUTENA
Que tu cuerpo es pa' darle alegria y cosa buena
Dale a tu cuerpo alegria, PALUTENA
Hey PALUTENA

Someone either needs to animate seaweed hair doing the Macarena OR have her doing coordinated movements in the actual game and making a video of it.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
So I realized at work that "macarena" and "Palutena" have the same number of syllables and sound reasonably similar.

Hey PALUTENA

Someone either needs to animate seaweed hair doing the Macarena OR have her doing coordinated movements in the actual game and making a video of it.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
So I just finished Presentable Liberty. And apparently I got the alternate ending... Which is supposed to be worse than the real one.

Honestly. THAT GAME MADE ME FEEL LIKE THE WORST THINGS ON EARTH WERE SLOWLY EATING AWAY AT MY SOUL FROM THE INSIDE.

It's free. I highly recommend it. Especially at night.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

Hey PALUTENA

Omfg.

Kofu, broseph.

You're my new favorite person in this thread.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Also, dropping every character for Viridi who is better than Palutena in every way.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Also thanks to this thread everytime I see a fanart or webcomic or whatever that has a character say "Hey Palutena" I'll be imagining them saying it as if they're singing Macarena

Good job guys.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I will cry if Rosalina is nerfed. After the 1.0.4 nerfs, she has been fine. She's a difficult character to use effectively, so the fact that she's good doesn't mean she should be nerfed. There are a lot more characters that need to be balanced more urgently than Rosalina does. Cancer, Hoo Hah, and maybe Sheik come to mind as characters that need nerfs. Puff, ZELDA, Samus, and Bowser Jr. could really use some buffs, but idk if Sakutena is generous enough to buff anyone now.

tl;dr Rosalina doesn't need nerfs so stop being a *****.
I know, I don't want her to get nerfed either but I just have the feeling she will be. :c
If it does happen, I hope it isn't anything too big.

Latte

Smash Ace
Just finished watching Perfect Blue, and only afterwards did I find out that I accidentally watched the unrated version. Oops

The bubs nd nipls were the scariest part
w8 what

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ Lavani Lavani

Can you skim through and check a few of these FAF? http://smashboards.com/threads/charizards-frame-data-1-0-4.384443/

I'm making something and I need to know if the way I'm measuring it is 100% accurate.

I'm using a capture card to do it, but sometimes it ghosts and I can't tell on what frame is the frame you're able to first do things, so I just picked the first frame I saw ghosting but not sure if 100% accurate.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Lavani Lavani

Can you skim through and check a few of these FAF? http://smashboards.com/threads/charizards-frame-data-1-0-4.384443/

I'm making something and I need to know if the way I'm measuring it is 100% accurate.

I'm using a capture card to do it, but sometimes it ghosts and I can't tell on what frame is the frame you're able to first do things, so I just picked the first frame I saw ghosting but not sure if 100% accurate.
My good camera died around 2 weeks ago and my cell phone camera records at ~29.8fps (and also ghosts like hell) so it isn't reliable, so sadly I can't really do any frame data stuff.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
My good camera died around 2 weeks ago and my cell phone camera records at ~29.8fps (and also ghosts like hell) so it isn't reliable, so sadly I can't really do any frame data stuff.
RIP ME

whatever, I'll just start from when I first see ghosting, surely that will be accurate enough.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hi beserker :)
Also, dropping every character for Viridi who is better than Palutena in every way.
Agree, except her body.
WTF is this?!

Statistic | Rank
Number of Jumps | 3 [6th]
Run Speed | [8th]
Walk Speed | [19th]
Air Speed | [41st]
Fall Speed | [31st-32nd]
Fast Fall Speed | [31st-32nd]
Weight | 115 [4th-5th]
Is there a thread or list with every character's rankings for these^? Can you link it please?

Edit, I just realized this post quotes/replies to 3 mods. I'm deep in the red kingdom.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Aero only has like 4 or so threads made like that so far, some other character boards have done the same format though by just ripping apart dantorin's mastercore.
Which reminds me, has that been updated recently? Feel like I need to update the thread in Yoshi boards if it has been.

That aside, if Yoshi gets nerfed in 12 days I'm not gonna main him anymore and move to Shulk most likely. Maybe try him a bunch during weeklys and if it goes badly try greninja/mewtwo and same story, if not good then back to Yoshi...

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

warionumbah2

Smash Master
If they mess up MK then i'll try and make it work for a month before switching. Will spend April 15th finding out what they did to the bat, can't do anything about frame data(that's @ Lavani Lavani 's specialty) but i can check damage output and combo's.

Last edited:

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
I do hope Zelda gets some buffs from the upcoming patch. :c

I mained her on Smash 3DS and she was super fun to use. But when Wii U came around, I was struggling with her so much. (Same with Lucina). I just hope she gets the buffs she needs, same with Lucina.

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/3/38/Spy_DominationEngineer02.wav?t=20100625234557
Yeah I would like to see a buff for her too. I went all this time avoiding Zelda and only using Sheik, then on PM I finally use her and realize, I'm acutally half decent at her spacing game. Then 4 comes out and she is how she is now. I want to make her one of my seconds, but even though I win with her about as much as my Falcon or Mario, her matches for me are like twice as stressful.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Yeah I would like to see a buff for her too. I went all this time avoiding Zelda and only using Sheik, then on PM I finally use her and realize, I'm acutally half decent at her spacing game. Then 4 comes out and she is how she is now. I want to make her one of my seconds, but even though I win with her about as much as my Falcon or Mario, her matches for me are like twice as stressful.
Agreed. If they could change some things with her and the other fighters, she might have a better chance with the higher ups like Diddy, Sheik, etc.
If she gets nothing but nerfs...

I'm not sure on what they're changing with Shulk. My bets on the frame data, buster art, or shield art being buffed. I'm not really sure why they'd nerf Shulk but if the nerf is somewhat significant, I'll give Shulk a month. If I'm still not happy, I'm switching to Lucas or Mario.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'm not sure on what they're changing with Shulk. My bets on the frame data, buster art, or shield art being buffed. I'm not really sure why they'd nerf Shulk but if the nerf is somewhat significant, I'll give Shulk a month. If I'm still not happy, I'm switching to Lucas or Mario.
Well Shulk did get some big buffs before which were increased damage outputs. I wonder what they'll change on him though. If they are buffs, I'll be happy since he's one of my mains. If he gets nerfed with something like a smaller hitbox on his UAir, then that'll make it quite useless. (Funny that I never or rarely use his UAir)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I personally hope that Shulk will get some longer landing lag on some aerials, same for ROB.
I think the only characters I want to see get nerfed are Diddy Kong and Sheik. Diddy Kong I feel like his DTilt and UAir should get nerfed, maybe give his DTilt some more end lag (Maybe 3 or 5 extra) and less knockback on that UAir.

As for Sheik... Oh boy, if I said what I want to be nerfed with Sheik. I feel like it'd be a paragraph long and that my listing will just end up making her sound bottom tier afterwards. But that's probably the hate I have for her talking. D:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Nah.

Seriously though, A slight frame data buff would be great
Again, that's personal. But seeing these two spamming their Nair with minimal lag seems to much for them.

Of course, I'm not asking for a 30+ frame landing lag, that would be ridiculous. I'm not a frame data expert, but 12 seems not enough on these Nair. something around 15 seems more appropriate IMO.

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Agreed. If they could change some things with her and the other fighters, she might have a better chance with the higher ups like Diddy, Sheik, etc.
If she gets nothing but nerfs...
Yeah, Zelda shouldn't need Link's help.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I hope they remove Link's jab cancel lock because I don't like that kind of thing to win. It'd be nice if he got some slight speed and/or mobility buffs. Even if Link gets nerfed I'll stick with him.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I don't see them nerfing Game & Watch any (if they do it'll be lol). Honestly I'm hoping for a buff or two.

I could see Villager getting nerfs though. :c

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Again, that's personal. But seeing these two spamming their Nair with minimal lag seems to much for them.

Of course, I'm not asking for a 30+ frame landing lag, that would be ridiculous. I'm not a frame data expert, but 12 seems not enough on these Nair. something around 15 seems more appropriate IMO.
They spam N-air because that's literally the only mobile option they have.

Shulk can afford to use some aerials due to his range but if mis-spaced they're all unsafe. His N-air is the only way to weave in and out and afford some 3-dimensional movement. If they nerf Shulk's N-air, his best game plan is to just stand on the other side of the stage and hope you get bored enough to approach him.

If ROB didn't have his N-air he'd have no way to effectively catch short hops. As a Mario main, the only thing that stops them from being a 70:30 in Mario's favor is that N-air because we have to respect it. ROB would still be workable without N-air's speed but he'd be much more one-dimensional.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't think they would lost their mobility with a 15 frame landing lag. That's Dedede's Nair frames, and it's fine IMO.

Edit: Also, I'd like to clarify, I may play since Smash 64, but I'm clearly not a pro.

Last edited:
Top Bottom