• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
As BJ said I can only find the Project M ones, a lot of which look the same to me but they might be pretty different...
Yeah, in PM, her smash attacks and Dtilt have slightly less range, and her other tilts have more range.

Regardless overlaps and angles are somewhat different as well, making use of PM for Brawl to be misinforming.

@Phenomiracle he terrorized the Zelda boards (Primarily Brawl Zeldas who didn't agree.) and anyone who went as far as to quote his posts not agreeing with him 100%. He acted really condescending and was highly misinformed on Zelda's usefulness or lack thereof.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
How much longer can we whine about Zelda? Never thought I'd see the day that we actually WANT Brawl Zelda.

I think Brawl's dtilt trip rate was 40%. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
lol dat A2ZOMG basically has the worst opinions on how to use every character and sh*its on every other people's opinions thinking his only matters.

Didn't he say that raw FW spam is the only way to play Zelda or something?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Nothing is at Din's visual mismatch level sis. :rolleyes:

I actually find that it occasionally reaches farther than the visual suggests. Especially at the top. Which is weird...
I'm testing it on a Mario standing on BF platforms and lol I am NOT getting those results.
It appears smaller than visually indicated at all angles but especially diagonally.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Nah, to be fair he said a lot more than that.

Frame traps, escaping follow ups, etc.
All things Zelda can do. But nowhere near enough to make up for literally everything else. And it's not like frame traps are unique to her (or that she even excels at them).

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
excuse you, Nairo said Din's Fire has the same hitbox as brawl.
Stop being bad at the game and go watch his matches~

Sis Up smash was everything in Brawl.
Sucking people in and killing them at 115(lbr it was never fresh cause we needed it to rack up damage)
Using it twice in a row on Falco and fat characters at low percents.
Using running up smash to get the kill and it actually working.

R.I.P Brawl Zelda.

You never know what you got till it's gone.

lol dins

also yes

usmash in brawl

was amazing

i was a staunch advocate of it being her best move for a long time, but people liked dsmash too

brawl u/d smash was better than smash 4 zelda's entire moveset HA

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Nah, to be fair he said a lot more than that.

Frame traps, escaping follow ups, etc.
All things Zelda can do. But nowhere near enough to make up for literally everything else. And it's not like frame traps are unique to her (or that she even excels at them).
BUT DINS FIRE FORCES AIR DODGES

AND THEN YOU CAN PUNISH THIER LANDING LAG WITH FARORES WIND

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
Classified so even us sisters can't take a look at them.

Gotta keep that repository for the secret top-tier Zelda player the internet is hiding intact, I see.

I've heard of this guy. What'd he do? I've only ever seen him crapping all over Mario whenever he could.

Now waiT...

He thinks MARIO is bad but would type essays about how Zelda was good?

MESS

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Oh the title!
So dthrow doesn't even kill in Sudden Death, nice to know.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
When I played against Rion the other day, I whiffed a rest as Jigglypuff and he started charging an fsmash to punish me. I confidently put down the gamepad for a second and watched as I just sort of fell out of the attack. Then I SD'd because we all know that feeling.

I don't know anything about A2 other than that people will occasionally recommend videos on his youtube channel at times.

Eulette

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2337-3444-8461
Mmm I don't know if this is the place to ask this... But could someone test on the wii u if you can recoil special phantom by b-sticking (can you still b-stick on the wii u anyway :v ?). If so, how much is the pushback?

On the 3ds you can get at most 1/4th of FD of bouncing using a recoil phantom, but the input is way too strict to get that much recoil consistently. If it works like in the 3ds that would give Zelda a way to space a bit easier, though unlike the 3ds, b-sticking is easier to and does not cause finger cramps like the 3ds input :v .
If you do it with phantom breaker, the distance covered is enough to feint zelda has a somewhat safe projectile for once, it's so pretty c; Until they hit it.

Thanks in advance everyone! Don't give up on zelda yet pls D;

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
How much longer can we whine about Zelda? Never thought I'd see the day that we actually WANT Brawl Zelda.

I think Brawl's dtilt trip rate was 40%. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Sistrens, I feel your pain and depression that are common symptoms of using Zeldawful in Smash 4.
I come to you today to to leT you know, that there is an alternative.
There is a way ouT of this miserable lifestyle.

This alternative offers aerials that are actually usable without 25 frames of landing lag, a projectile that is actually good, an up smash that isn't terrible, and a run speed that actually allows you to punish things.
This alternative is serving under the goddess of LIGHT.

It's not to late, joine #TeamPalutena and leave Zeldawful in the dust.

Last edited:

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
Sistrens, I feel your pain and depression that are common symptoms of using Zeldawful in Smash 4.

This alternative offers aerials that are actually usable without 25 frames of landing lag, a projectile that is actually good, an up smash that isn't terrible, and a run speed that actually allows you to punish things.

sis no thanks ill stay with zeldamazing. Godess of light can stay a secondary. Im just celebrating that shes not bottom tier this game

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

LOL you should look into getting into marketing

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
cant wait sis.

But honestly where do u guys feel she'll be this game.
I only see low
I'll be pleasantly surprised if she's not bottom 5.

To her credit, Zelda generally fares alright against characters who either: a) are bulky heavyweights OR b) lack approach options and range (and it needs to be both of those).

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere

fcze9.jpg

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
From the first few pages of this thread, I discovered that Rosalina mains require an absurd sense of self-importance and inability to understand jokes. So I removed Irrelevina from my profile.

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
I'll be pleasantly surprised if she's not bottom 5.

To her credit, Zelda generally fares alright against characters who either: a) are bulky heavyweights OR b) lack approach options and range (and it needs to be both of those).
Really? I see her as low and not bottom. She has good MUs against Rosalina and she does decent against sheik and diddy kong. I think her MUs are gonna bring her out of bottom tier. She'll probably be in middle low-tier imo.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I used to love Rosalina.

Then she was spammed in Mario Kart 8.

And then they put her in 3D World for no reason.

And then they put her in Smash.

And then they make her annoying as sh*t.

And then Irrelevina happened.

I have no more love for her.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I still like Rosalina. My last post was mostly a joke. I actually dropped her because I enjoy Palutena more.

I still use her fairly regularly.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
At least Zelda's more waifu material than anyone in Smash. More waifu than Rosalina, Samus and Palutena combined. :>>> #Edgy

Gotta watch out for dat Ganondorf though.

Top Bottom