• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I was annoyed that my mouse was touching the side of my hand so I smacked it onto the floor

then I was annoyed my mouse was on the floor so I put it on my desk
*No actual mice were harmed in the making of this post*

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So you're in need of a new phantom, how about Igos du Ikana,

He's a king, and can throw his head around, he should also be DLC for Hyrule Warriors.

Took really long in the Captain Falcon MU again. I'm hoping I'm not gaining the hate of anyone while doing MU discussions 'o_o

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Scotch/bourbon I've been curious about, but I don't want to drop money on anything I don't know I'm going to like and I haven't had an opportunity to get a prior taste test in. Don't really know what to expect of them flavorwise either, nor do I know anyone that drinks them myself.
But trying it is half the experience! Bourbon/scotch isn't for everyone and there's some cheap options out there. Wild Turkey is a fairly good price for what it is. However, the first glass of bourbon/scotch can be torture and chasing it with water may be best. It took me a while to get ok drinking it neat. Now that's how I prefer it.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
When it comes to mains, I've actually been doing a decent job having two. I may be slower at learning either of them because of maining both Rosalina and Villgaer, but I am still learning at least.

Villager comes a bit more natural to me, (though I'm not amazing by any means), while Rosalina is more complex, and I'm learning more things I can do with her.

Basically, I understand what I can do Villager more then what I can do with Rosalina. At the same time, once I figure out Rosalina, I could probably do more with her then I can with Villager.

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
For the record, I love apple cider too, but no one here would probably want to be a #appleciderpals
*Ahem*. Anything apple in it, is usually one of my favourite things to eat/drink. #appleciderpals

Normally For Glory is fine, the main issue is the tryhards (thanks @Spirst) and the toxic players like the rolling Link. I don't like how the lack of communication causes the general assumption that people are jerks.

Also, though I am old enough to, I don't drink and don't plan to. It can be a huge money sink if you get addicted and I like being in control of my actions.
Both of these statements are really well said.
1) Whenever I get mad at For Glory players I always just assume it's some jerk behind the screen that's gonna upload the video of me failing against them and it'll get a billion views. Paranoid much? Perhaps. Then again, when I look at it in another way (which I'm doing as of late) I don't know the person. Except for their username/name, I don't know what they're like and what they thought when they played against me. Who am I to be so mean about it, right?

2) I'm also old enough for alcohol, I just never really saw the appeal of it, especially not here in The Netherlands where people actually save up for alcohol and spend it all on a certain holiday called "carnaval". (Not a spelling error, it's the way we spell it in Dutch.) It used to be just fun and partying till late, it wouldn't matter if it were just a few drinks, but it has literally became the whole point of the holiday. It's rather disgusting to me.

On a whoooooooooooooooooole other note, sisters, I need some suggestions for themes. You see, I run an "art twitter" for the Fire Emblem series, where artists can draw for a certain prompt every day. But I don't have actual good ones at the moment, so, any suggestions?

Last edited:
Come our child. Come worship our glorious mother with us. Lots of motherly love to go around. :rosalina:
I'm probably going to drop her 10 days later. Idk. I'll probably use her at friendlies.

I'm probably still using Shulk at tournaments. Rosalina is booty against Fox

Last edited:
Despite the fact I actually have a friend who uses Fox a lot and to who I do lose often to, I'm curious why you think she has an awful matchup with him.
Fox is fast + Fox can get in easily + He also hits hard for whatever reason = wot

Warning: Strong language

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Shofu so salty he's like machitoto one minute he wants customs(mains doc) then he calls bs and doesn't want it(stops maining doc).

"I WANT THAT CANDY, UGH NO THAT CANDY NASTY WAH WAH WAH"

@ FullMoon FullMoon i know this'll get you moist, if i ever come across a frog this good without lag i probably won't come off the game for an hour lol.

Edit: The Frog player is called 'Rare'.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
There's actually a kid at my school who switches mains like once every two weeks. I've dubbed him "Macchiato v2.0" but no one gets the reference :p

He's mained :4marth::4fox::4littlemac::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4sheik::4ness::4falcon:

This list may or may not be in order

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Shofu so salty he's like machitoto one minute he wants customs(mains doc) then he calls bs and doesn't want it(stops maining doc).

"I WANT THAT CANDY, UGH NO THAT CANDY NASTY WAH WAH WAH"

@ FullMoon FullMoon i know this'll get you moist, if i ever come across a frog this good without lag i probably won't come off the game for an hour lol.
Good matches, thanks for sharing. Thought this was the Greninja Video thread for a moment, cause the same match just got linked there.

Also, Lucario's Japanese voice sounds like he's croaking when he's charging an aura :p

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
UK is better than the US because our legal age for drinking is 18

#suckit*****es

Rosé wine is da bestest
Also there's this beer that is mixed with tequila which is really nice as well
And Peach Snapps (or whatever they're called)
And Jagurbonds (or whatever they're called)

God, are you gurls trying to get me drunk before class e_e

@ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 Are there any pop artists who you just despise?
Meaghan Trainor & Pitbull. I would cite more if I forced myself to listen to the radio

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Hey guys I just woke up and-

Edit: The Frog player is called 'Rare'.
@ FullMoon FullMoon i know this'll get you moist

Okay, I'm done for today

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I sure appreciate going 0-2 to a ZSS because she fell out a total of 8 Fsmashes (3 in definite kill range) and 2 Usmashes (1 in definite kill range)

"y were u spamming fsmash then"

Because I decayed my ftilt to the point where it couldn't kill her at 145%.

Seriously, Zelda's been a character for about 15 years now and they STILL can't get this right? This matchup is probably another 30:70 matchup without the garbage.
UK is better than the US because our legal age for drinking is 18
UK is full of squares that drink legally.

Last edited:

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Because Zelda is terrible, but if I try hard enough I just might win, and if I win that could mean she's actually not that bad, and if I win again it could mean she's really good, but then if I lose she may just have a hard time every now and then, but then if I lose again it means she's bad, but then if someone else falls out of my Fsmash I think she's the worst character in the game, and then when I land a lightning kick, she's the best character, and then...

...... yeh.

EDIT: Should mention this is FG. I would probably backhand someone just for falling out of my Fsmash if it were a real tourney, but then I'd probably backhand myself for playing Zelda in tournament.

I need to find a good character that I enjoy. I could just play Zelda+.

Last edited:
Because Zelda is terrible, but if I try hard enough I just might win, and if I win that could mean she's actually not that bad, and if I win again it could mean she's really good, but then if I lose she may just have a hard time every now and then, but then if I lose again it means she's bad, but then if someone else falls out of my Fsmash I think she's the worst character in the game, and then when I land a lightning kick, she's the best character, and then...

...... yeh.

EDIT: Should mention this is FG. I would probably backhand someone just for falling out of my Fsmash if it were a real tourney, but then I'd probably backhand myself for playing Zelda in tournament.

I need to find a good character that I enjoy. I could just play Zelda+.
From all the matches I've seen from a friend of mine that uses Zelda, no one has ever fallen out of f-smash. These are local tourneys by the way. I have no idea why....

Last edited:

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Warning: Strong language
A shofu video? Posted here? Am I dreaming? Probably. Lol at how salty he gets from that though. Love watching him play Pokémon, but when he plays Smash for serious, I somehow always cringe.

Say, how do you guys prank someone? I haven't been able to find the option to prank someone.. :x

Last edited:

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
I hate your friend.

Like I fought a Fox on WiFi less than an hour ago and he stayed in every Fsmash. I fought a Jigglypuff that fell out of one. The ZSS before them though? Fall City. Left and right.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with where the Fsmash connects, so if they're airborne there's a good chance they'll fall out. Their body shape also "helps", and the female characters in general are the biggest offenders of this. Finally they have to be a character that would spend some amount of time in a position where falling out of Fsmash would be a thing.

ZSS fits this bill perfectly and I hate her.

EDIT: Wait doesn't she say

"Be still"

when she wins a game?

LOL SHE HAS A LOT OF NERVE

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

The strangest things happen when I play with friends.

Maybe I should do a montage of silly stuff happening in casual matches later =P

Seki_

Smash Cadet
NNID
RCX420
So I was talking to a friend last night about sm4sh and ended up having this discussion that I thought I might share with you gorls:

Seki:Her arials are worse than Mac's without sweetspots, her dash Attack is her only real combo continuer, and one missed input screws you over more than any other character because of her insane lag on all of her specials
Seki: Only reason Nayru's works as a punish is because it has a Windbox, so even only one or two hits is safe against most characters
Seki: She has bad match ups all over the place, mostly because any arial game she has again relies on sweet spotting, not to mention anyone with a better neutral stance than Villager is an automatic horrid matchup
Seki: She counters villager in many other aspects, but that's aside the point
Seki: I have only seen 3 true combos. One involves customs and only works at kill%, the other has an application solely as a kill move, and the other works at 80%+ where Zelda already has a ton of kill options. And that last one requires platforms, and Zelda does terrible on stages where platforms are a key mechanic
Seki: And that is why I main Zelda
Seki: She's such a bad character in every right, but because of that and the lack of guaranteed follow up with almost anything, the player has to adapt so much they have so much room for creativity that it's so fun

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
F**K SONIC
Well, I'd take him out to dinner first before doing that.

Palutena's hair really bothers me. A lot. It looks so... unnatural. Halp.

Edit: Holy **** I didn't realize how old of a comment that was. :/

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Well, I'd take him out to dinner first before doing that.

Palutena's hair really bothers me. A lot. It looks so... unnatural. Halp.

Edit: Holy **** I didn't realize how old of a comment that was. :/
That comment was obvi timeless :^)

Also Palu's seaweave is bad tier in execution. Like, I like long hair (Especially in a game where it could actually flow like smash 4) but they just executed it to look like a turnip.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Uh oh....my nottle of tequila is running out quickly.....

Whattttts up Zelda boardies?!

Top Bottom