• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
It saddens me that it seems like I wouldn't be able to get drunk with any of you :'(

Also, fun fact about Smash Bros. The font used in the game's logo since Melee is actually Times New Roman, which is the default font for MS Word and similar programs.

:sheep: The More You Know :sheep:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
It saddens me that it seems like I wouldn't be able to get drunk with any of you :'(

Also, fun fact about Smash Bros. The font used in the game's logo since Melee is actually Times New Roman, which is the default font for MS Word and similar programs.

:sheep: The More You Know :sheep:
Fujin tho.

Also, if we were all ever to have a drunk session, I propose 8 player smash, Zelda only. Up B only.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
White wine or bust.

why are we talking about alcohol with minors is that considered ban worthy?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
White wine or bust.

why are we talking about alcohol with minors is that considered ban worthy?
To quote Venus:
First off, let's stray away from drug discussion as it's not permitted on the site and that does include Marijuana currently. However, I believe some topics are allowed in the Debate Hall. Alcohol, unless its to endorse underage drinking, is fair game.
I am in no way associated with this, so Venus will be held responsible. :p

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
YO KIDS.

DRINKING WILL MAKE YOU DO A LOT OF STUPID THINGS.

SO DON'T DO IT OR WTV.

Brb tequila

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
apparently QR codes let you make things with names that are supposed to be censored and then they become impossible to trade/battle with, though you can still show them in trades no problem

so I guess I can name some snivies obscene things to swear at children over a video game

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
This after you take a drink, minors.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Drunk Spirst is my favorite Spirst. Right next to the Spirst that calls me cancer.

I'm a fan of the drinky drink. A good beer is great (IPA's are probably my preferred), but I'm more of a whiskey vodka wine guy. Rum was good in college (spiced rum. I'll have one). And I've recently gotten into some sake. Yeah.

But never black out. Or come close. Just don't be dumb.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
So this was my For Glory experience today:
I started off against a fairly mediocre Game & Watch. His main strategy was to Up-B then DAir. Unfortunately I fell for it more that I should have. I beat him with my Samus, then lost multiple times with my ROB. The bigger problem there was his use of Chef to trap me on the ledge. Thanks to ROB's large frame, I had a hard time escaping the damage. Eventually I beat him... then he left.

Next was against a player who used multiple characters (Falcon, Falco, and Pit IIRC). I was using Villager at this point. He beat me with Falcon, I beat his Falco, and then he beat me with Pit. At the end of that last match, he changed his tag to SPAM•MUCH? and then left. I was flabbergasted, I'm pretty sure I didn't "spam" much at all except for constantly going for bowling ball edgeguards (which I believe he always avoided).

Finally there was a very typical For Glory Link. His primary form of movement was rolling (at least 90% of his movement was rolls) and his main forms of damage were jabs and boomerangs. He also used way too much dash attack. That said, I still lost to him about half the time as Villager. I couldn't time my attacks to catch his rolls, and Link's damage per hit greatly outstrips Villager's. Most of my kills were from bowling ball edgeguards (which probably means I'm too reliant on them). I must admit I was intentionally limiting myself these matches by not approaching by the air and not using Lloid and Dash Attack (I feel like I get swatted away when I try to use aerially, I'm too reliant on Lloid, and I just use too much Dash Attack).

I dunno, it's just discouraging to either lose to strategies I feel I shouldn't lose to (up-b/dair G&W, rolling Link) or to be called unskilled just because of my character choices. Really, my only character worth anything competitively is my Game & Watch. Everything else doesn't seem to be above the average competitive player's version of the character. Villager in particular is frustrating because I really like him and have used him since the demo, but it feels like I've been left in the dust about his metagame.

I'm probably going to stay off of For Glory until I unlock all customs. I need a break from it.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I always seem to be late to the party on discussion *frowwwwwn*

Though, there is not enough hands heeya for my forehead to hit concerning this topiC.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
For Glory is bad and I'm glad people can't change names on 3DS because I don't expect anything but annoyances from it.

I feel half-tempted to offer to play on 3DS but I don't think I could figure out which direction to move the circle pad to input neutralB right now

and I'm doing pokemon stuff so
Speaking of, what EV spread did people run with bulky wishkang? I was trying careful with full spdef investment because I have slowbro/talonflame for physical attackers (trying an impish talonflame after fighting one on battle spot, it is amazingly efficient; I loved careful bulky talonflame already but impish seems better with how phys-heavy the cart meta is and item clause limiting how many leftovers I can spread around [rocky helmet on impish]) and it feels like physical attackers plow through it even with neutral hits

Soul.

For Glory is bad and I'm glad people can't change names on 3DS because I don't expect anything but annoyances from it.

I feel half-tempted to offer to play on 3DS but I don't think I could figure out which direction to move the circle pad to input neutralB right now

Speaking of, what EV spread did people run with bulky wishkang? I was trying careful with full spdef investment because I have slowbro/talonflame for physical attackers (trying an impish talonflame after fighting one on battle spot, it is amazingly efficient; I loved careful bulky talonflame already but impish seems better with how phys-heavy the cart meta is and item clause limiting how many leftovers I can spread around [rocky helmet on impish]) and it feels like physical attackers plow through it even with neutral hits
impish talonflame wat

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Are we talking about alcohol? Cause as long as it's not trying to persuade minors to drink, then I'm all for it.

I usually keep a nice stash of bourbon and scotch and dip into it nightly. Though I've run out which was saddening so I had to switch to gin and tequila. I'm hoping to stock back up this weekend. Mixing whiskey is a crime and drinking it with a chaser is an abomination . Just man up and down the damn thing. You'll feel better for it.

Beer is alcoholic piss water. Unless it's very good beer which is few and far between.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, my Falco's coming along swimmingly... Wait a minute... Never mind. Just taking things slow and easy and knowing more about what he can do makes things easy to deal with. Still, I use Down Smash a lot. I think I get more kills out of it than Side Smash, Up Smash, Uair, Bair, and Fair. It's so good OOS and it's powerful. Fox's Down Smash is weaker right? I think it's weaker. Also, I just noticed that Falco's charging animation for Up Smash and Down Smash might still be from Melee's, but tweaked, while Fox's is different. I don't remember his Brawl charging animations, but I don't remember Fox crouching for his Up Smash or crossing his arms for Down Smash. They're neat things that differentiate them despite them being semi-clones. The other thing is that I like doing Jab 1, Jab 2, grab, and F-throw. I don't know why, but it's so badass and I think you can follow up with Dash Attack at early percents, but probably only on fast fallers.

Anyway, just fought a Mario who used Dair and tried to edgeguard with Fireball. I won, he switched to Little Mac, I somehow gimped him with a Smash and then he Jolt Haymakers off the ledge trying to hit me. Then he ragequit.

Before that, apparently Falco can kill Lucina with a Side Smash near the ledge at ~80%. And I did get a chance to test Reflector on Pit's Upperdash Arm since in a Team Smash, there was that "one player" who would spam moves and it was a Pit spamming Upperdash Arm, so yeah, it does count Reflector as a projectile for some reason and the end lag is enough where Falco can counter, but if Pit's close to Falco, then the "reflect" from Upperdash Arm still hits Falco.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

Normally For Glory is fine, the main issue is the tryhards (thanks @ Spirst Spirst ) and the toxic players like the rolling Link. I don't like how the lack of communication causes the general assumption that people are jerks.

Also I don't like Wish Kangaskhan/Blissey/V-Create Rayquaza/any event Pokémon being used widely in competitive play. They're too hard to get and, at least with the older ones, we don't have proper documentation of how their natues/IVs are controlled. As far as I'm concerned, Wish Chansey (especially one that's Bold with flawless IVs) doesn't exist. I mean, the concepts are cool, but using them competitively gets my goat.

Also, though I am old enough to, I don't drink and don't plan to. It can be a huge money sink if you get addicted and I like being in control of my actions.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Upperdash Arm is legit ********. Let's take Falcon's Raptor Boost and make it better in every way except power! It doesn't put Pit into freefall, it has bloody super armour (I said "bloody" I'm being British now), and it deflects projectiles.

Why??????????

Note, I don't think it's OP, it's just stupid how it's almost 100% better. I think Raptor Boost might be faster so that's something.

Soul.

Upperdash Arm is legit ********. Let's take Falcon's Raptor Boost and make it better in every way except power! It doesn't put Pit into freefall, it has bloody super armour (I said "bloody" I'm being British now), and it deflects projectiles.

Why??????????

Note, I don't think it's OP, it's just stupid how it's almost 100% better. I think Raptor Boost might be faster so that's something.
its laggy though. especially in the air. you miss the ledge and the pits suffer lag for a potential sd.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Are we talking about alcohol? Cause as long as it's not trying to persuade minors to drink, then I'm all for it.

Mixing whiskey is a crime and drinking it with a chaser is an abomination . Just man up and down the damn thing. You'll feel better for it.

Beer is alcoholic piss water. Unless it's very good beer which is few and far between.
These things. So much yes.

When you kids go to college, don't drink PBR. Just don't. It's not worth it. Everyone will offer you some. The correct answer is "no."

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Why??????????

It also reflects reflectors. Reflectception! :p

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Scotch/bourbon I've been curious about, but I don't want to drop money on anything I don't know I'm going to like and I haven't had an opportunity to get a prior taste test in. Don't really know what to expect of them flavorwise either, nor do I know anyone that drinks them myself.

Fox's Down Smash is weaker right? I think it's weaker.
Falco's does 1% more on both the strong and weak hit, Fox's weak hit kills earlier than Falco's and the strong hits are about the same (Falco's kills slightly earlier). Fox's dsmash also starts 1 frame earlier.

Also I don't know how you can willingly go for any of Falco's throws that don't use the gun, his uthrow is one of my favorite throws in the game both for animation and followup potential.

Also I don't like Wish Kangaskhan/Blissey/V-Create Rayquaza/any event Pokémon being used widely in competitive play. They're too hard to get and, at least with the older ones, we don't have proper documentation of how their natues/IVs are controlled. As far as I'm concerned, Wish Chansey (especially one that's Bold with flawless IVs) doesn't exist. I mean, the concepts are cool, but using them competitively gets my goat.
I don't disagree, I'm just messing with the option since it does technically exist and I needed more bulky pokes that didn't use Leftovers because of item clause. Can't say I've been overly impressed by its results; it does put in work, but I don't feel like that work is the "banworthy scum" level of the more standard M-Kang sets. Probably sticking to Remember the Alomo or :036: for wishpassing and just accepting the lack of offensive presence from double strength Seismic Toss while I use my mega slot for pokes I actually like, like Gardevoir/Venusaur/Lucario/Mawile.

Why??????????

Though I assume you meant its kill power when you said "except power", it does actually do more damage too (9% vs 11%; 11.5% for Electroshock)

The bias is real.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Falco's does 1% more on both the strong and weak hit, Fox's weak hit kills earlier than Falco's and the strong hits are about the same (Falco's kills slightly earlier). Fox's dsmash also starts 1 frame earlier.

Also I don't know how you can willingly go for any of Falco's throws that don't use the gun, his uthrow is one of my favorite throws in the game both for animation and followup potential.
I knew about the frame speed, but I didn't know about the KO potential.

As for throws, well, I'm trying to find some stuff for F-throw: Falco Phantasm works, Fast Fire Bird works, but maybe not on floaties since the distance is shorter, and Dash Attack works. I think Blaster, Side Smash, and Reflector might work, but the issue is more on characters since say, Triple D could get stuff after F-throw, but Toon Link wouldn't. The other issue would be Falco's ground speed for obvious reasons. Fox and Captain Falcon are the only characters I know how can combo out of F-throw reliably.

If only Falco's Jabs were a bit more like Triple D, Fox, Luigi, and Sheik's... It's annoying knowing he can pull off Jab 2 to tilts, Smashes, and grab, but there's that delay where anyone can punish him and it makes it a bit unreliable compared to Fox's Jab 2 to anything.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Shouldn't the reflector reflect the upperdash arm too, making Pit facepalm himself?

Alcohol and Rizen don't mix. :ohwell:

I should probably stop screwing around with other characters and just stick to Rosalina
I support this notion

I only use Falco for fun or against Fox. Sometimes I'm okay with Shulk (I just have to amp up my reads) against Fox. I still love tinkering around with Falco

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
What am I doing with my life
Could be worse, you could be going through the list of Pokemon to figure out how many of each type you like.

Speaking of,
48: Water
36: Flying
34: Grass
33: Psychic
27: Normal
26: Bug
24: Fairy
19: Poison
17: Rock
16: Dragon
15: Fire
14: Electric, Ghost, Ground
13: Dark
10: Steel
9: Ice
7: Fighting
did not figure out total number of pokes in each type yet for percentages tho

I support this notion

I only use Falco for fun or against Fox. Sometimes I'm okay with Shulk (I just have to amp up my reads) against Fox. I still love tinkering around with Falco
See it's the love of tinkering around with other characters that gets me

Rosalina is cool

but Meta Knight is also cool

and so is Lucario

and Greninja

and Palutena

life is hard

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Did someone here say something about Rosalina possibly GP'ing Pac-Man's Trampoline? I tried it, it doesn't work.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Yeah, can't GP trampoline.

Villager can pocket it though, and there's a really weird glitch that can occur when it happens
though I don't remember exactly what or where the gfycat for it went

Latte

Smash Ace
Apparently Bowser, Link, ZSS, Rosalina, and Yoshi are cheap.

Bowser????//???>?/.>?????./>????>?>???

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
La Voz México is way worse tho
Hahahahahahahaha totally. But I didn't fall that low.

In all fairness, I actually enjoy watching people sing because I like singing myself. I just never do it in public because it's literally the one and only thing I'm shy about.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Apparently Bowser, Link, ZSS, Rosalina, and Yoshi are cheap.

Bowser????//???>?/.>?????./>????>?>???
I was gonna link that bowser v bowser tournament finals from that 3ds nintendo tournament but I can't find it and I'm not motivated enough

bair is the scrubslayer ok

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
#prohibitionistsquad

*crickets*

(I think I'm blowing my chance to sit at the cool table save it save it save it!)

Ahem... boobies

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
It feels good to perfect-shield 5-Volt in the middle of a FFA.

.. next battle WHAT. We just turned into a four-man taunt party halfway through a Lylat disaster LOL.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I was annoyed that my mouse was touching the side of my hand so I smacked it onto the floor

then I was annoyed my mouse was on the floor so I put it on my desk

Top Bottom