• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Just gonna be that guy and say it's kind of weird I've heard about more Docs placing in Tourney than I have Falco. Who's placed notably with him again, out of curiosity? Not to be rude, but @ Ffamran Ffamran you should know!

As for Docs we have Rice who regularly places in his regional with Doc (no customs too, impressive), Koolaid, and TKBreezy, and with customs that list expands by about 2 people including Boss who apparently loves Customs Doc.

I haven't heard a peep about Falco placings but maybe it's cause I haven't checked enough?

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Just gonna be that guy and say it's kind of weird I've heard about more Docs placing in Tourney than I have Falco. Who's placed notably with him again, out of curiosity? Not to be rude, but @ Ffamran Ffamran you should know!

As for Docs we have Rice who regularly places in his regional with Doc (no customs too, impressive), Koolaid, and TKBreezy, and with customs that list expands by about 2 people including Boss who apparently loves Customs Doc.
And me online.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Ahem... WHAT?! I had a feeling it was from an opening or someone was really good at animating, but really? What the hell just happened? Is this how they justify him being in Arthurian setting? It's so weird, so stupid, and so funny! Oh, and alas! Poor chili dog #2.
I laughed at the dark knight's voice cause I was expecting something deeper

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Yeah, it did. If you want to abuse it you shouldn't update it.
Perhaps I should restart my X now then

I was looking through my PC and there is like 15+ boxes of things I want to get rid of (notably FIVE BOXES OF 2-3IV DITTOS when I got three 5IV ones and a 30/30/31/31/31/31 one from chaining) and I really don't want to release all of this crap one-by-one. Plus like 3 boxes of eggs that I can't release...starting over and remaking everything with QR codes really would be easier I think.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

I haven't heard a peep about Falco placings but maybe it's cause I haven't checked enough?
There's GimR and Keitaro.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
So I guess Rain and Nietono made a tier list. Slush posted this translation in the competitive impressions thread if needed.

I wish there was reasoning on positions given with this list because there are a lot of eyebrow-raisers in it, but I always find it interesting to see the opinions of skilled players on this sort of thing.

Also Zelda is better than Ganon, Falco, Charizard, Samus, Robin, and Lucina guys :^)
I get the impression that this tier list isn't ordered. They just went down the roster "Hey where does this person go"

Thats why Hyrule's all next to each other

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I can't let go and I know I'll regret it if I do delete my save

Plan B: PKHex all my eggs into Contrary Snivies

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I think Rob is high tier because he's gotten some nice buffs in this one.
Just analyzing him from the surface he's really versatile, good in almost every situation and has a b!tchin' zoning game and he also dominates stage control with that gyro.
He can edge guard really well and he has solid kill options now.
Oh and Arm Rotor is now a dirty shield break tool when used correctly.

Idk he just has everything you would want/need to play fair game against almost anyone but still beat them.
Watching pro Robs is very entertaining.

Ooh drinking game idea, take a shot every time a Rob KOs with Up smash :troll:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
At least wait until I get home so I can watch. "Raids" are a great entertainment.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
:4robinf:can't be that low. I don't think she's great, but 2nd worst? D:

That spot belongs to Zelda.
Japanese people had weird opinions. They think :fox: and :pit:are high tier in Brawl.
Robin is in no way deserving of being called the 2nd worst in the game. Her only real weakness is that she has no reliable way to deal with pressure, but unlike Zelda who has a similar issue, Robin actually has a way to keep her opponent out with Arcfire, Thunder, Elthunder, Arcthunder, and Distant Nosferatu if customs are being used.
She also has:
  • A move that heals her AND does damage
  • Disjointed Levin Sword aerials with ridiculous range
  • Reliable damage rackers (Arcfire/thunder to aerials, Arcfire to Arcfire to LS uair, utilt strings to usmash, etc.)
  • Reliable kill setups (Arcfire/thunder to LS uair, tipper LS bair, tipper usmash, or Thoron)
  • Items that can KO and do a ton of damage (around 15-20% iirc)
  • A bthrow that can KO at ~100% with rage at the edge of the stage
  • A very fast aerial that is good at gimping and doesn't use any LS uses.
  • Barely any landing lag on any of her aerials, only dair and bair have some.
  • Only her smash attacks and projectiles have significant end lag, but you'll almost always be far away when throwing out projectiles so that doesn't matter too much.
  • Her tilts and jab come out rather quick and don't have much end lag.
I personally think she should be at the bottom of B- or the top of C+.

Also lol at Zelda not being dead last

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Zelda shouldn't be dead last. Lucina should always be last. Not because she's bad, but because she's eternally irrelevant to any part of the meta game. At least those guys got that right.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer hey lizard, what version of Monster Hunter are you playing? I dunno if it's the same my sister is playing so I might as well get that ****.

Also, how's the floodings and stuff coming?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

There's GimR and Keitaro.
GimR I think mains Mr. G&W and Keitaro mains Diddy. I don't know why GimR plays Falco, but Keitaro tries to, but usually switches to Diddy to finish sets. There's pawclaw who switched to DK at Apex and lost and his opponent even said it would have been better for him to stay with Falco, Kato I don't know of he mains Falco or Bowser, Larry Lure mains Fox, but sometimes uses Falco, and there's Cyro who I don't know if a lot of people know him - Xadrin knows him.

So, you end up with a character who has no notable players and who never placed in notable tournaments. Locally, there might be Falcos placing well, but not on a grand or well-known scale like Xanadu, Apex, the teamsp00ky stream, etc. The sad part is I think this also extends to Ike who has known mains like San, Ryuga, and Blitz or Yoshi who I have no idea who plays him

Anyway, it might be MU unfamiliarity, but I think Falco does well against Diddy with what Keitaro has shown.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer hey lizard, what version of Monster Hunter are you playing? I dunno if it's the same my sister is playing so I might as well get that ****.

Also, how's the floodings and stuff coming?
The monster hunter game I've got is MH4u which is the newest game in the series obv

Flooding has all dried up tho, life marches on lol

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I had my first three sets of matches on Smashladder last night :) 2 ranked sets, 1 friendly set.

I only won 1 out of the 7 matches using Yoshi, but I felt much better coming out of it than I would have on For Glory. Not much lag either. My Zelda was horrendous though. 4 out of my 6 stocks were Farore's Wind SDs...I was so embarrassed and disappointed. Only one kill too (with d-air on a ZSS).

My Greninja didn't seem too bad. I didn't win any of the 3 matches that I used him in, but I think I was just nervous. Yoshi surprised me again though. I don't practice with him nearly as much as I do Greninja, Zelda or even Pikachu, but I did my best with him. Ironically, the match I won was against a Greninja main, though he won the following game because I got too comfortable with down B and SD'd with an accidental offstage Egg Roll. Clearly, I still need to get used to the online environment and practice my fundamentals, but I'm happy that I finally got the nerve to do some Smashladder matches. :)

EDIT: Oh, I don't just think I was nervous. I was really freaking nervous. For one match, my left leg was shaking up and down rapidly and uncontrollably. That just...doesn't happen.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
So does anyone know an actual good Mii Brawler? I made one that kinda got me interested but I dunno any and I can't find good vids.

The monster hunter game I've got is MH4u which is the newest game in the series obv

Flooding has all dried up tho, life marches on lol
Okay cool. I was just concerned I'd pull like an awkward parent move and accidentally purchase the one that's like for Wii or something.

IT COULD TOTALLY HAPPEN TO ME.

Glad about the floods ending!

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
So does anyone know an actual good Mii Brawler? I made one that kinda got me interested but I dunno any and I can't find good vids.

Okay cool. I was just concerned I'd pull like an awkward parent move and accidentally purchase the one that's like for Wii or something.

IT COULD TOTALLY HAPPEN TO ME.

Glad about the floods ending!
Try googling dapuffster, I think he's only Brawler I've seen at least.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Dapuffster and Komorikiri are the only two I know of.

There's lots of vids of Komorikiri on SHI-G's youtube, idk about Dapuffster since the west has been pretty stingy with Miis in a lot of rulesets.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

no problem

I wish I knew why my camera sometimes unfocuses, I used to think it was because I was moving slightly but I've noticed it even if I just leave them both sitting on objects facing each other with no interaction. I didn't get Kofu's replay yet so I can rerecord if needed.
I forgot to ask what FPS your recording is ><

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
uhm

it was supposed to be 60fps but I think virtualdub actually killed off half the frames

lemme see if I still have the original recording

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I had my first three sets of matches on Smashladder last night :) 2 ranked sets, 1 friendly set.

I only won 1 out of the 7 matches using Yoshi, but I felt much better coming out of it than I would have on For Glory. Not much lag either. My Zelda was horrendous though. 4 out of my 6 stocks were Farore's Wind SDs...I was so embarrassed and disappointed. Only one kill too (with d-air on a ZSS).

My Greninja didn't seem too bad. I didn't win any of the 3 matches that I used him in, but I think I was just nervous. Yoshi surprised me again though. I don't practice with him nearly as much as I do Greninja, Zelda or even Pikachu, but I did my best with him. Ironically, the match I won was against a Greninja main, though he won the following game because I got too comfortable with down B and SD'd with an accidental offstage Egg Roll. Clearly, I still need to get used to the online environment and practice my fundamentals, but I'm happy that I finally got the nerve to do some Smashladder matches. :)

EDIT: Oh, I don't just think I was nervous. I was really freaking nervous. For one match, my left leg was shaking up and down rapidly and uncontrollably. That just...doesn't happen.
Greninja users for confirmed wifiphobics. Yep, I totally sympathize. I was fighting my friend yesterday (who I have a mental block against on top of that) and I pretty much SD'd every other match or so - at one point it was in a row. The funny thing is that we try to play more careful because we don't want to SD, but then the nerves/pressure get to us, and we SD anyway.

Also, believe it or not, some stages are terrible for Zelda's recovery. Stages with unusual layouts underneath the bottom of the stage will sometimes send Zelda underneath the stage when recovering. It's really stupid. Then again, it sure beats SDing with Shadow Sneak.

Which reminds me...

I lost my mind at one point and I tried to Shadow Sneak with Zelda, and Up b out of shield with Greninja. Then I realized it was 4 am and yep. I will say though that it had some amusing results.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I was just about to upload a new one but that's better quality anyway lol

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Does zelda have any notable mains other than nairo. The ones I've seen in tournament use her once, then never use her again
I'm hoping to change that one day. Once I get my life pulled together, and I come out of hiding from silly things, I'll probably be the only Zelda in Texas as far as I know of. As for Greninja, it'd only be me and @Sync. unless he drops him in the future.

Top Bottom