• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I have all of Falco's customs! Distant Fire Bird sucks. Sure, it lets Falco recover below the stage where he's "magnified", but it travels so damned slow - slower than Fox's Fox Fire which is slower than default Fire Bird. Someone with a sword or an invincible hurtbox while using an aerial like Link's Dair or Palutena's Bair would kill Falco. Talk about gotta go at a reasonable pace. It only covers a little - like one step forward - over half of Final Destination while Fast Fire Bird covers default's with a slide and momentum and Fox's Fire Fox covers over half - it might be 3/5's - of Final Destination. The "spaced" hits don't kill and Pit falls out of them if used on the ground and the air while the pointblank hit kills at 409% on Pit at center stage. Why you would use any of the Fire Birds to try and kill is beyond me. At least Fox has Twisting Fox for kills and Wolf could reliably use his Fire Wolf to get damage.

With Fast Fire Bird the way it is and sort of being like a faster Melee Fire Bird, I'd rather take that or default since the increase in distance, the increase in start up, and decrease in speed is not worth it for me. Fast Fire Bird gives Falco another burst movement alongside Falco Phantasm and Phase. Fox with the Jet Boots Fire Fox custom and Illusion and Wolf Flash, Meta Knight, Greninja, Sonic - gee, I wonder why, -, Pikachu, Luigi, Sheik, Marth and Lucina; and Palutena are the only characters I can think of who have multiple burst movements with or without customs. Maybe Ganondorf and Captain Falcon, but their Side Specials are more of, "I'm gonna murder you" moves rather than, "Oh, look, I'm here", WAM!

Falco Phase is fast, but the end lag feels not too much compared to Phantasm and certainly not as bad as Falco Charge which has start up and end lag. Phase travels default Fire Bird's distance, so it's 2/5's or 1/3's of Final Destination while Phantasm covers half of Final Destination. For one, I don't really know what it could be used for outside of say, Duck Hunt, Link, or maybe Pac-Man to avoid projectile spamming or something. Maybe Rosalina?, but the end lag and no damage makes me feel worried using it. Also, like Fox Illusion and Falco Phantasm, Falco can be hit at the end of it.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Phase would need both less startup and end lag to be worth it onstage imo, it's still too slow to start to dodge through a lot of things on reaction and you're going to get punished horribly if you predict wrong. Might be nice for recovery though.

Although even then, Phantasm is really good in general and I wouldn't give that up.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Phase would need both less startup and end lag to be worth it onstage imo, it's still too slow to start to dodge through a lot of things on reaction and you're going to get punished horribly if you predict wrong. Might be nice for recovery though.

Although even then, Phantasm is really good in general and I wouldn't give that up.
Phase's start up is good, but it makes sense since if it had little start up, then it would be a beast of a dodge. The end lag is meh. I am considering it for certain situations mostly because of Phantasm not having a hitbox for the last half for whatever reason. No explanations whatsoever that I know of explains why Phantasm doesn't have a full hitbox...

Anyway, @ Macchiato Macchiato since you're playing as Falco for whatever time, @berserker01, and someone else that I can't remember who uses Falco, @SBphiloz4?, watch this and his other videos for tips on characters.
Danishbutrcookies submitted a new guide:

Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U & 3DS - Falco Guide & Moveset! - An advanced guide for Falco

Read more about this guide...
He mentions B-reversing with Falco's Blaster which I just remembered that the Falco from Pon's video used and I don't think I've seen anyone else use it. There's also perfect pivoting Side Smash which as people have mentioned, would probably be killer with Mega Man's pivoted Side Smash.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
If you keep saying stuff like this people are going to Nayru's Reject you

Though I would like to know, why do you think it's better?
It gets yew a free follow up or hit. Also gimps somewhat while keeping its reflecting abilities. Also it has a weird undiscovered windbox, and has more intangibility. Also yew can flip recoveries without hitting them somehow but we need to discover how.

Squall would be better imo, if she had more reliable kill moves.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
It gets yew a free follow up or hit. Also gimps somewhat while keeping its reflecting abilities. Also it has a weird undiscovered windbox, and has more intangibility. Also yew can flip recoveries without hitting them somehow but we need to discover how.

Squall would be better imo, if she had more reliable kill moves.
Hmmm...does it come out on the same frame as the default? If so, I honestly see no reason not to use it over Love.

And I think Squall is still useful - it's one of the best defensive moves in the game. However, I think it should only be used in certain matchups like ZSS. It gets out of her most reliable kill move, and she's tall enough to LK for the kill anyway.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Hmmm...does it come out on the same frame as the default? If so, I honestly see no reason not to use it over Love.

And I think Squall is still useful - it's one of the best defensive moves in the game. However, I think it should only be used in certain matchups like ZSS. It gets out of her most reliable kill move, and she's tall enough to LK for the kill anyway.
No sadly it comes out a few frames later.

Yes but the timing to get out of it is super strict, yew have to get it on the first hit of boost kick which requires amazing reaction time. I think it might even have to be the same time the boost kick comes out.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Should we raid visit your new social thread?
I would actually love that. If it's a serious suggestion, by all means everyone drop on by. :colorful:
of course me welcoming everyone to my thread is less like a raid but. :sheep:

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
No sadly it comes out a few frames later.

Yes but the timing to get out of it is super strict, yew have to get it on the first hit of boost kick which requires amazing reaction time. I think it might even have to be the same time the boost kick comes out.
Oh well a few frames later may make or break Rejection, but we'll need to test if it actually makes a significant difference in an actual match.

& I know you can Squall of out of BK when Zelda is in it cuz D3RK made a video on it. I imagine it is very strict timing though. HOWEVER, the only times ZSS should ever be using BK is OOS, as a punish, or off of a Paralyzer so you can kinda be prepared for it if you attack her shield, do something risky, or if she stuns you.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Sooo, could you use Nayru's Rejection similarly to Mario's Cape and "reject" their recovery attempts :p ?

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I know I shouldn't be trashing on other people, but this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FILNyC-TPM0, was posted on the Falco boards as a "tutorial". Just watch and be in awe. :p
All I have to do is shoot lasers to play Falco? I feel like I mastered this character already! RIP Zelda

Also I found something fun earlier. Idk how useful it will be though lol.
Basically you can activate spring based moves immediately instead of having to jump and float back down to them (which takes forever because Zelda is floaty). This bypasses the waiting time and cancels the move so you can instantly start another one while flying into the air. This works with Nayru's Love and Din's Fire.

Top Bottom