• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Great games there @ Rickster Rickster , though that random lag spike at the end there was quite lulzy :p

I think what Rickster meant is using it to stage spike while ON the stage. Aaaand yes I was right. It happened to me before as well, but I was on the receiving end-- ; w ;
I was just like...

WTH LOL

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Good games @ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 ! You're the first Ganon I've seen that actually tech chases lol. Oh and your Zelda was amazing! You kept reading my rolls and spotdodges. Your Farore's use was also really neat!

Oh and I have no idea what happened with those stage spikes. Never had that happen before.

Oh and I'm sorry you had to face my horrific Lucario. I mained him in Brawl but I suck with him now, lol.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Alright, I'm talking to my friend about Rosalina's disjointed hitboxes, he's a pretty decent Rosalina player :D
He says that it's probably better to air dodge her aerials since they beat out a lot of things unless you have disjointed hitboxes yourself which Zelda doesn't seem to have a lot of, sadly.
I'm wondering if Uair would be effective if used after an air dodge maybe 0:
or Nayru's invuln frames on startup if you can predict Rosa's attack
I feel like u-air might work if we predict where she'll be and bait her into it, but with how slow u-air is and Rosalina's range, I think she'd be too far away to land it by the time the air dodge ends. Don't know for sure though. But u-air is bad and I don't really want to challenge Rosalina in the air with it haha.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Awk thanks sis. You certainly gave me a run for my money consistently right from the get go. Those were all fun matches :3

Btw your Lucario ain't that bad :p

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I feel like u-air might work if we predict where she'll be and bait her into it, but with how slow u-air is and Rosalina's range, I think she'd be too far away to land it by the time the air dodge ends. Don't know for sure though. But u-air is bad and I don't really want to challenge Rosalina in the air with it haha.

Maybe we shouldn't fight her in the air at all lol

Zero Requiem

Smash Apprentice
I lurk here often and I usually see activity which is pretty awesome I'll admit. :3 Also I agree with not fighting Rosa in the air, ugh that character gets me so frustrated sometimes.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
^ And of course us Zeldas would know all too well that her UAir kills at 55%

Srsly I cri everyteim I watch that Nairo battle... ;w;

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Is there some sort of Smashboards guide awards? Because D3RK's guide should totally win if there is.

No bias whatsoever.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I think there's a thing where you vote for your favorite one.

Everyone vote! But seriously that really is a great guide.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
D3rk's guide really helped me out a lot as well. Twas the very first guide I read on here and so I'll always be grateful to him for that :3
But honestly, all the Zelda guides are well put together, I'd vote for you all if I could

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
We played Wifi cuz he was desperate, it was surprisingly ok connection
Oh I see. He co-mains Peach/Dedede btw. Formerly mained Palutena.

His Marth comes from playing KillLock I believe.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
He told me he just picked up peach

[28/12/2014 7:58:51 PM] Big D: im trying to main peach atm

someone is being reported

but yeah, then he was like, lol jk im good at the game so I felt less bad about losing.

I feel like I don't know any matchups, but the more I play against a person the better i adapt, he went from 2 stocking me to just 1 stocking me so it was better

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I played him with a bunch of chars... usually got to last stock but with the occasional two stock.

Used to go to his house a lot in the Brawl days. Nobody ever left his place happy :(

He told me he was beating top ladders players with Peach two weeks ago.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I was playing around with Farore's Squall today and found some fun stuff. A lot of people think this move is useless but I think Zelda just became the only Character that can "DACUS". She can't do it herself but she can cause players to mimic a DACUS effect I am calling Squall Boosting. This can be extremely useful in doubles. Check it out!

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
@ Lozjam Lozjam

Thanks for sharing that link with us. As an avid LoZ fan, I'm pretty hyped for Zelda U (which I pray to Hylia they'll give a proper title to, and not Zelda U). I've seen a good chunk of theories similar to the ones on that article, most of which I would love to see, myself. Gerudo raised Link, and the idea of him being regarded as a thief/someone not entirely goody-goody, but obviously he starts getting the world's trust as Hyrule is put in danger, and he has to be the one to save them again.

Then of course, the open-world and freedom of exploring various environments, going through dungeons in any order, etc. No one brought up anything about a playable character other than Link, but it is far unlikely that would happen, unless perhaps there was a multi-player mode.

The only thing I'm not liking so far about all this are all these rumors that Ganondorf will not be in Zelda U. Not counting Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword (though Demise relates), Ganondorf has been in all the console Zelda games, and not having him is like not having Tom in Tom and Jerry.

What's this stuff about an 'alternate reincarnation' of Demise that resembles Ganondorf though? Interesting, but a bit of a stretch as far as theorizing, isn't it?

@Fujean : I beat DAI last weekend, but not 100%. Thank goodness you're still allowed to do side quests after the main quest is over. None of that bs like in DA2 where you're stuck in the Hawke Manor in your pj's. Anyway, not gonna spoil anything for you, but it should be noted that a few of your companions permanently leave you after the main story.

Also... Solas wtf???

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
@Fujean

No no, I had all my companions with me till the very end. After the end of the main story, I think (and I could be wrong) some companions are supposed to leave you permanently because of the storyline.

I romanced Solas cause I started as a female elf, and he ONLY romances those. But I gotta warn you sis, this man will break your heart. I'm actually mad lmao.

#Andersisthebest

I'm doing a second playthrough as a human this time on Nightmare difficulty (and there's an achievement to be had for this lewl). I'm being very cold to Solas too, it's hilarious. Gonna go for Cullen this time cause dem curls...

I swear though, why does every male mage in the DA series have issues? Geez, can't any of them have happy endings? For real, Bioware

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Lmao sis if you like ANDERS crazy *** and now you're going for Solas's apparently messy *** I think it's just your taste.

I'm going for Cassandra because she is bae and waifu <3.
I never really liked Solas (I wanted to), but I gave him a chance. Never again.

Anders and Solas share nothing in common other than the fact that they're both mages, and associated with spirits. Anders is more emotion-driven, and Solas is more logic-driven. I could have dealt with Solas's dryness if he didn't completely -spoilerspoilerspoiler- later on in the romance/at the end.

Cullen better not be another tragedy. He's not a mage so...

Yeah going to try Cassandra or Josephine when I play as a male char, but I think after this playthrough, I probably won't be playing DAI for awhile. Two runs will be enough, especially since this second run I'll be going for 100% completion.

Cassandra and Varric bickering is one of the reasons why I take those two along with me sometimes <3

I'm actually surprised you like Cassandra. THought you'd like Sera for some reason

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I never really liked Solas (I wanted to), but I gave him a chance. Never again.

Anders and Solas share nothing in common other than the fact that they're both mages, and associated with spirits. Anders is more emotion-driven, and Solas is more logic-driven. I could have dealt with Solas's dryness if he didn't completely -spoilerspoilerspoiler- later on in the romance/at the end.

Cullen better not be another tragedy. He's not a mage so...

Yeah going to try Cassandra or Josephine when I play as a male char, but I think after this playthrough, I probably won't be playing DAI for awhile. Two runs will be enough, especially since this second run I'll be going for 100% completion.

Cassandra and Varric bickering is one of the reasons why I take those two along with me sometimes <3

I'm actually surprised you like Cassandra. THought you'd like Sera for some reason
Waaaaiit is their bickering akin to Alistair and Morrigan's? If so they're never leaving my team (when I finally get this dang game).

Alphatron

Smash Champion
@Fernosaur and @ JigglyZelda003 JigglyZelda003 , I would love to play against you guys whenever you're up for it! Although I typically only play at night. I'm either not home or busy with something else otherwise. Anything in order to understand that matchup.

Hey guys girls, did you see the Zelda Wii U "leak" circulating on GameFAQ's? Take a massive mound of salt with this, but some of the ideas are interesting... ZeldaInformer actually puts this leak in a correct manner. Saying it is only a theory. Nonetheless, it is interesting.
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/f...-interesting-story-and-progression#.VKCTGXkKA
Fake as this is, I like the idea of Link being a Hylian raised by Gerudo. That's what I was most hoping to be the case when I saw what he was wearing at the e3 trailer. I do want to see Ganondorf again though. Mainly because TP Ganondorf was a lousy villain with a bad hairstyle and a terrible final boss fight. Really, who decided that the final boss should only hit you for 1/2 a heart of damage?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Yeah GG's. I need to leave now. I apologize for not giving you a better fight. Any and all feedback would be great, and will be featured on my blog. I learned a lot, and got a slight boost in actually using my controller and muscle memory. My reaction time is still terrible however, along with button mishaps... That means I can't focus on mind games like I used to, nor can I pivot dash.... Which gave Ganondorf the reach I have gotten used to. Gg's though, you are very good.
For your Jiggs. I would mix things up more and be more unpredictable. You were kind of going in a pattern, and I managed to punish that sometimes.
Same with your Zelda.
Other than that, I would learn PD'ing for your Zelda, it would be quite helpful for you. I also would use Ftilt a bit more for your Zelda.

Last edited:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Yeah GG's. I need to leave now. I apologize for not giving you a better fight. Any and all feedback would be great, and will be featured on my blog. I learned a lot, and got a slight boost in actually using my controller and muscle memory. My reaction time is still terrible however, along with button mishaps... That means I can't focus on mind games like I used to, nor can I pivot dash.... Which gave Ganondorf the reach I have gotten used to. Gg's though, you are very good.
Thank you, don't go offstage too much as Ganon since he has a bad recovery. Also you use flame choke and dark dive too much but you adapted. Because of that I got some sing to rest punishes. Other than that it ganons great

Top Bottom