• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
It's cool sis

GGs

And o m g that was embarrassing. back to the lab with me

What is shielding haha

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
GGs @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 you got a tight zelda. Your falco scares me. Anyways do you have any advice for either my zelda or my jigglypuff?
Haha, just wanted to fool around with Falco for a bit. I wasn't overly happy with how I played today, but eh, it was a lot of fun regardless!

I think sometimes you got too predictable with your air dodge and shield movements. Against a more capable player offline, this could be a big punish opportunity, but you adapted in the end. Can't give you advice for Jiggly cause I don't use her, but I like your FW Zelda usage. c:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
So i have a question. have any of you girls attempted to do Uthrow> rising Faroes at between 130%-150%? (rage+/- character weight dependant)

i'm bad at doing Elevator so they usually don't happen for me, but i have been having some success with this in roll glory and it registers in training mode with the AI on both run away and attack so i wanted to know if anyone else has tried this?

maybe i'm just getting lucky cause no one expects it.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So i have a question. have any of you girls attempted to do Uthrow> rising Faroes at between 130%-150%? (rage+/- character weight dependant)

i'm bad at doing Elevator so they usually don't happen for me, but i have been having some success with this in roll glory and it registers in training mode with the AI on both run away and attack so i wanted to know if anyone else has tried this?

maybe i'm just getting lucky cause no one expects it.
I did that when the game first came out, and it seemed to work. It doesn't work as often anymore though :/. People are finally learning about Farore's. I don't do it much anymore.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I did that when the game first came out, and it seemed to work. It doesn't work as often anymore though :/. People are finally learning about Farore's. I don't do it much anymore.
it may be helping me because i usually do it on last stock as a finisher so no ones expecting it lol

back to the drawing board i guess

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hows her Aerial Sweetspot KO potential? I notice it's much easier to perform compared to the other games, so I assume that was reduced as well based on some of the posts I've read. How hard does she get hit by Stale Moves in comparison now? I'd like to also ask about a post describing her wonky Hitboxes resulting in " not all hits of an attack connect " ( which if thats true..., it's pretty dumb.. ) or having " less range " due to memories of actually having trouble getting hits in vs her Hitboxes in the older entries as I was a strict Bowser player. From what I've been reading, it seems like shes got it harsh in this game :u

( also hi ^^; )
most of her knockback BKB and KBG values were nerfed

and yes she has less range, most of her hitboxes sizes were reduced or just removed

hi btw

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
his wii fit trainer wasnt that scary but it could just be the wifi since that character requires a lot of precision

also no because it was wifi lolol

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I found Big D's WFT to be a lot more manageable than say his Peach, Marth or Palutena when I fought him. Actually got a match off him thanks to an SD and a premature spike.

Other than that, I got bodied haaaard.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I found Big D's WFT to be a lot more manageable than say his Peach, Marth or Palutena when I fought him. Actually got a match off him thanks to an SD and a premature spike.

Other than that, I got bodied haaaard.
agreed, his peach's shield pressure is dumb, im just sitting watching my shield get eaten since I was playing Bowser

and he's just like

i just picked up peach

and im like

/cryingfacething

Palutena didn't scare me that much either (or at least not as much as I thought it would)

Edit: i beat his zelda on wifi, praise me

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
A stage spike is just hitting people into the stage, pretty much every move can stage spike.

Also

Zelda has the same fall speed as Olimar

I find this ironic
Well it was weird because it was the reappear hit back ON the stage. I'll have to look at that replay again.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
i beat his zelda on wifi, praise me
Beating Zelda definitely deserves soooo much praise, right? XD

I think what Rickster meant is using it to stage spike while ON the stage. Aaaand yes I was right. It happened to me before as well, but I was on the receiving end-- ; w ;

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
omg ok i used the first part of farores wind and it sent them flying and K.Oed them. But the thing is that there were using luigi and were just at 71%. I was around 120% so i had rage.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
omg ok i used the first part of farores wind and it sent them flying and K.Oed them. But the thing is that there were using luigi and were just at 71%. I was around 120% so i had rage.
I KOed a Rosalina at 50% on FG today with the elevator - so satisfying! But after a few matches, he caught on and started to be very cautious and switched to using almost only disjointed aerials. I wasn't sure what to do. I had a lot of trouble getting in close after that.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
I KOed a Rosalina at 50% on FG today with the elevator - so satisfying! But after a few matches, he caught on and started to be very cautious and switched to using almost only disjointed aerials. I wasn't sure what to do. I had a lot of trouble getting in close after that.
yeah but for me only the launching portion hit.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
What exactly do you mean by disjointed hitboxes? Despite trying to fit into the community and act like I know everything you guys do, I actually do not :u
Is that her attacks like Uair, Dair and Utilt where she summons the rings that are separate from her body?

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
What exactly do you mean by disjointed hitboxes? Despite trying to fit into the community and act like I know everything you guys do, I actually do not :u
Is that her attacks like Uair, Dair and Utilt where she summons the rings that are separate from her body?
If I'm not mistaken, pretty much all of her aerials are disjointed. Like her d-air has the halo coming from her feet, and the one that gave me the most problems was the back flip that has the large trail of magic at her feet (don't know which button input that it is).

EDIT: the back flip is her f-air.

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
How is one supposed to use farore's elevator? I can never seem to catch my opponent in the first hit, so I'm left free falling.

If I'm not mistaken, pretty much all of her aerials are disjointed. Like her d-air has the halo coming from her feet, and the one that gave me the most problems was the back flip that has the large trail of magic at her feet (don't know which button input that it is).
Isn't that her nair? Gosh I hate that attack.

Spirst

Disjointed hitboxes refer to attacks that have hitboxes which, when hit, will not harm character's hurtbox. Marth's sword attacks is a good example of a disjointed hitbox since, if you hit the sword, Marth himself will not take any damage.

F-air is a backflip that has a galaxy-effect while the n-air is a just the starry magic frontflip. I know the uair/bair/dair are disjointed but I'm not sure about the nair/fair.

Edit: Hello, Zelda people.

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
How is one supposed to use farore's elevator? I can never seem to catch my opponent in the first hit, so I'm left free falling.

Isn't that her nair? Gosh I hate that attack.
n-air is apparently her front flip, while the back flip is f-air. They're both hard to deal with in my opinion.

I'm not very good at the elevator, so I only pull it off if I shield or spot dodge their dash attack or a laggy aerial or something. I need to get better at it.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Alright, I'm talking to my friend about Rosalina's disjointed hitboxes, he's a pretty decent Rosalina player :D
He says that it's probably better to air dodge her aerials since they beat out a lot of things unless you have disjointed hitboxes yourself which Zelda doesn't seem to have a lot of, sadly.
I'm wondering if Uair would be effective if used after an air dodge maybe 0:
or Nayru's invuln frames on startup if you can predict Rosa's attack

Top Bottom