• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Ah... Drama. Well, wouldn't be forums without those.

Salad Bowl, I'm pretty bad at waking up early, and lo and behold, I did just wake up... again, haha.

I have a bit of errands in the morning, buuuut I think I can squeeze in a few matches in say, 2 hours from now. Down if you are still here then. c:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Ah... Drama. Well, wouldn't be forums without those.

Salad Bowl, I'm pretty bad at waking up early, and lo and behold, I did just wake up... again, haha.

I have a bit of errands in the morning, buuuut I think I can squeeze in a few matches in say, 2 hours from now. Down if you are still here then. c:
Idek what about at 5 pm

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
By 5pm, you mean what timezone? I'm in the pacific region, so it's 8:40AM right now.

And before people question me, everyone. Yes, it's winter break. And yes, I do wake up that early in breaks.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Yeah, that should be doable then. c:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
By 5pm, you mean what timezone? I'm in the pacific region, so it's 8:40AM right now.

And before people question me, everyone. Yes, it's winter break. And yes, I do wake up that early in breaks.
Sis why do you do that to yourself? ;_;

I heard complaints about the c-stick issues and all on the day of release, but I haven't had any issues with the c-stick being set to my smash attack so... I guess I'll just leave it at that

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I heard complaints about the c-stick issues and all on the day of release, but I haven't had any issues with the c-stick being set to my smash attack so... I guess I'll just leave it at that
Whatever floats your boat sis. I switched mine to Attack because whatever way it works felt weird when trying to do backwards Fairs. :/

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
She doesn't even have KO power anymore

Reliable KO options from brawl: usmash, utilt, dsmash, fsmash, uair

Smash 4:

usmash - no range, KBG heavily nerfed, doesn't link together all the time
utilt - combo move now
dsmash - nerfed range, worse knockback
fsmash - buffed knockback by like, 5%, but doesnt link together reliably against certain characters and aerial opponents
uair - nerfed knockback
Hows her Aerial Sweetspot KO potential? I notice it's much easier to perform compared to the other games, so I assume that was reduced as well based on some of the posts I've read. How hard does she get hit by Stale Moves in comparison now? I'd like to also ask about a post describing her wonky Hitboxes resulting in " not all hits of an attack connect " ( which if thats true..., it's pretty dumb.. ) or having " less range " due to memories of actually having trouble getting hits in vs her Hitboxes in the older entries as I was a strict Bowser player. From what I've been reading, it seems like shes got it harsh in this game :u

( also hi ^^; )

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Hows her Aerial Sweetspot KO potential? I notice it's much easier to perform compared to the other games, so I assume that was reduced as well based on some of the posts I've read. How hard does she get hit by Stale Moves in comparison now? I'd like to also ask about a post describing her wonky Hitboxes resulting in " not all hits of an attack connect " ( which if thats true..., it's pretty dumb.. ) or having " less range " due to memories of actually having trouble getting hits in vs her Hitboxes in the older entries as I was a strict Bowser player. From what I've been reading, it seems like shes got it harsh in this game :u

( also hi ^^; )
Hi~. If you want a demonstration on how wonky Zelda's F-Smash is, try using it either against the bomb on Target Smash, Master Core, or an idle Zero Suit Samus. Everything shall be cleared up in a jiffy.

Lagning kicks suck now. Unless your opponent is Bowser (lmao), it's hard to get it reliably, and now a whiff = big punish. :///

Lozjam

Smash Champion

( also hi ^^; )
Umm, her sweet spots are a little weaker for the most part, but her sourspots really had it hard. Also, she has a lot more ending lag than Brawl. Stale moves are stale moves, they make her KO potential worse and ruins the one huge buff she got(farores wind). As for the hit boxes, opponents can fall of your Fsmash, or Usmash, and punish. In order for them to not do that, you need to space it perfectly. Making already hard to hit and punishable moves, even more so.
Also, why have so many Bowser mains dropped Bowser? He's actually good in this game!

Alright, so I decided to check up on the c-stick issue. It turns out the only way around this is by setting the c-stick to attack or flicking the c-stick. My habit is to flick the c-stick ever since Brawl so I guess that explains it. I think I might change it to attack just for testing

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
I figured as much on her coolest attack :/ ( they don't even have the hype " long pause " on hit now either :s ).
I hadn't really played Zelda much in previous games aside from the Random Select, so I won't say I was ever good..., but she definitely seems " off ".
Also, why have so many Bowser mains dropped Bowser? He's actually good in this game!
If I had to guess, it's the playstyle change and removal of a few % specific combos since some people like me found his old Moveset and adversity fun.

Darklightjg1

Smash Rookie
NNID
darklightjg
I've come to the conclusion that frequent breaks from Zelda in the 1v1 format (whether it's playing another character or another mode) is necessary to reduce the amount stress involved in playing her. But it sucks to feel the need to deviate from my favorite character that often. It's fun to try and be creative with the moveset, but sometimes I just need some consistency or something to make the opponent worried about what I'm doing.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Lagning kicks suck now. Unless your opponent is Bowser (lmao), it's hard to get it reliably, and now a whiff = big punish. :///
One of the most frustrating things for me is that even when I do take the risk of tossing out a LK and land it, I've had opponents just barely survive it, when they would have been KOed. in Brawl <_<

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I rarely fight bad Shulks. All of the ones I see go into speed mode right away and will avoid buster at the start of the match if they're afraid of you linking hits on them. They don't bother with shield stance at high percentage either. They just go buster once they reach 120%+ in order to get as much damage on you as possible before they lose their stock.

I think I just need to fight more of them with Zelda. There is a guy on my friend's list who uses him but I NEVER a pick Omega mode stages against him. So for glory doesn't help on that end. Maybe I need to be more aggressive? I use the phantom in this matchup in order to bait vision, but there is too much endlag to make good use of it.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Perfect pivot Utilt sounds really smexy. Jab seems usable too.

@ Salad Bowl Salad Bowl , I'll eat some lunch, then I'll fight you. c:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Not quite yet @ Meek Moths Meek Moths , though sliding Utilts are great bant.

I've decided to pick up Marcina but I'm struggling to deal with scruby roll spammers. I really need to git gud ;_;

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
I've decided to pick up Marcina but I'm struggling to deal with scruby roll spammers. I really need to git gud ;_;
you made good choice, martina is reallyyy fun and good, as for the rolling, predict it and use your good dash speed to quick run there and grab or attack them, as you'd do with other rollers ^.^

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
To the credit of lightning kicks, they are definitely easier to land in Smash 4. I went back to Brawl not long ago again and the amount of sourspots I got was saddening. Also with the overall damage nerf in moves, 20% is nothing to scoff at (of course ideally you're aiming to KO)

has any one you mastered the perfect pivot tech yet and put some use to it with Zelda?
I'm lazy and haven't even tried to yet.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
To the credit of lightning kicks, they are definitely easier to land in Smash 4. I went back to Brawl not long ago again and the amount of sourspots I got was saddening. Also with the overall damage nerf in moves, 20% is nothing to scoff at (of course ideally you're aiming to KO)

I'm lazy and haven't even tried to yet.
True. But personally, I prefer Brawl's if only because they were safer. Zelda already has plenty of risky, punishable moves -- we don't need to make it worse :/

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I rarely fight bad Shulks. All of the ones I see go into speed mode right away and will avoid buster at the start of the match if they're afraid of you linking hits on them. They don't bother with shield stance at high percentage either. They just go buster once they reach 120%+ in order to get as much damage on you as possible before they lose their stock.

I think I just need to fight more of them with Zelda. There is a guy on my friend's list who uses him but I NEVER a pick Omega mode stages against him. So for glory doesn't help on that end. Maybe I need to be more aggressive? I use the phantom in this matchup in order to bait vision, but there is too much endlag to make good use of it.
if they are still trolling on speed from the start they still have problems. Starting with buster and being able to Smash kill people at 90 is amazing. I think Shull is just getting to you and you just need to work at it a little more. He can be obnoxious. I honestly prefer to fight him as Zelda than peach atm

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Alright, so I decided to check up on the c-stick issue. It turns out the only way around this is by setting the c-stick to attack or flicking the c-stick. My habit is to flick the c-stick ever since Brawl so I guess that explains it. I think I might change it to attack just for testing
This weird c-stick behavior is driving me nuts. I have a habit of holding the stick just a little instead of quickly flicking it from Brawl. I can hardly play Sheik now. I tried setting it to attack instead but then I kept tilting instead of smashing...

I want Brawl controls back :(

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

If you have a Wii U we can play sometime during the nights. I use Shulk mid-decently, though I'll be busy tonight.

Rizen

Smash Legend
This weird c-stick behavior is driving me nuts. I have a habit of holding the stick just a little instead of quickly flicking it from Brawl. I can hardly play Sheik now. I tried setting it to attack instead but then I kept tilting instead of smashing...

I want Brawl controls back :(
I get this problem too.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Sorry @ Salad Bowl Salad Bowl , took a lot longer than expected-- >.>

I'll be online in a few minutes!

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I think Nairo is just really good at the game and could take Mii Swordfighter and win if he wanted to. Is there anyone who Nairo beat as Zelda that is really close to him in skill level and used a percieved top or high tier?

Oh right, he has a much better aerial game than Zelda. Zelda's aerials are all situational (though d-air is still great regardless) so I was mostly just thinking about their ground moves. I'd definitely take Ganondorf's D-tilt over Zelda's new one.

But I'd rather keep our U-tilt :awesome:
I was looking back a few pages and saw this post. I remembered that he beat Keitaro's Diddy and lrrelevina with Zelda. But I think we've already seen that match. It was the one where he kept dtilting Irrelevina's recovery.

Top Bottom