• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
So I came back from a tournament. I forfeited because the tournament because I was dead sleepy at singles. TLDR, I suck at doubles eternally and do significantly better at singles. I beat a Link, Mega Man, Yoshi, Little Mac, Bowser Jr, Zero Suit Samus, Captain Falcon, and a Pacman player. Sounds good? Then I proceeded to get bodied by a Ganondorf. lol
who did you use?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I'm gonna be conservative and say both are better. The problem with Zelda is that she's supposed to force the opponent to approach, but can't. At all. And she has no approach. I honestly think Zelda and Rosa are a bit similar. If you want to see what makes Zelda bad, look at what makes Rosa good. And vice versa.

EDIT: WUU JigglyZelda got the MU thread up
yes the new matchup thread is live, please sticky

also Rosie stole our Dsmash and Sakurai thought we wouldn't notice

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Dairs are definitely worth it for Zelda. Like holy crap an air dodge read and it's over...

So I came back from a tournament. I forfeited because the tournament because I was dead sleepy at singles. TLDR, I suck at doubles eternally and do significantly better at singles. I beat a Link, Mega Man, Yoshi, Little Mac, Bowser Jr, Zero Suit Samus, Captain Falcon, and a Pacman player. Sounds good? Then I proceeded to get bodied by a Ganondorf. lol
He can be really tough. Always expect a down/side b if too much time goes by without any action and also expect a follow up to every move especially ftilt or jab. No need to react right away after being hit by side b, or you can tech.

Imo Ganon lives off gimmicks and once you get used to them he isn't that bad.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Do you guys think Zelda is better than Ganon or not?
Absolutely not. You have spent time within the Ganondorf boards, you have seen the progress we have made! We are winning tournaments, finding useful AT's, we got substantial buffs, combos, strings, mind games! That's not even counting Customs, where we get one of the best horizontal recoveries, a command grab that kills, a move that punishes projectiles, a move that eats through teching, rolls, and projectiles, an instant out of shield move with super armor that kills Olimar at 50%, and a fricken sword!

Ganondorf is most likely smack dab in the middle when it comes to tiers, and our highest level players and myself agree, and he has even more potential with customs.

The thing about Zelda, is she needs to be more powerful, or at least as powerful as Ganondorf. It may be shocking to hear, but even though Zelda has more ground and aerial mobility, Ganondorf has much faster aerials that have amazing hit boxes, and even no landing lag. You even have combos such as a B cancelled Fair to Wizkck! Ganondorf also has a better combo game. So in order to be as good, Zelda needs more powerful moves with better hit-boxes in order to fulfill the role of Glass Cannon. Brawl mostly did that, but the engine was unfavorable to both characters. Now we do have a favorable engine, but Zelda got nerfed, with Ganondorf leaving Zelda behind.

You know what, why don't we play tomorrow? Don't expect much, as I am still relearning from the concussion, but it will be helpful to me, and you can write for my blog in the Ganondorf boards about relearning Ganon. It would be extremely helpful for me and the community.

Last edited:
He can be really tough. Always expect a down/side b if too much time goes by without any action and also expect a follow up to every move especially ftilt or jab. No need to react right away after being hit by side b, or you can tech.
Sleepy johns :p

In all seriousness, I got outplayed

Highlight for me was against Little Mac when I noticed his countering habits off-stage to recover, so I jumped behind him then did n-air on his counter. The counter triggered and it sent him backwards because Shulk's n-air hit him from the back, then he died. Honestly, I did not know that would happen but I was like. "...."

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Sleepy johns :p

In all seriousness, I got outplayed

Highlight for me was against Little Mac when I noticed his countering habits off-stage to recover, so I jumped behind him then did n-air on his counter. The counter triggered and it sent him backwards because Shulk's n-air hit him from the back, then he died. Honestly, I did not know that would happen but I was like. "...."
Once I get my skill with Ganondorf back, I would be very happy to give you some MU experience so you aren't so easily bodied. I had an extremely good Ganondorf, albeit not the best... But this reset makes me grateful as I can take everything I have done wrong, and make it better.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Oh. I haven't messed around with Ganondorf's upB customs much. I need to get on that.

Jigglypuff probably has the worst customs in the game overall. Spinphony, Wakie Wakie, the roll out variants. It's like they weren't really trying. At least other characters tend to only get one horrible custom move. Like smash counter on Ike or the exploding fire hydrant on Pac-man.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Oh. I haven't messed around with Ganondorf's upB customs much. I need to get on that.

Jigglypuff probably has the worst customs in the game overall. Spinphony, Wakie Wakie, the roll out variants. It's like they weren't really trying. At least other characters tend to only get one horrible custom move. Like smash counter on Ike or the exploding fire hydrant on Pac-man.
Dark Fists, imagine a move, with pretty much the same length as Dark Dive, super armor during the start of the move, loses the grab effect, and deals I think around 20% with both hits and KOs at around 70+%.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41

Her pounds are pretty good, rollouts are playstyle dependent. Her rest and sing customs are trash. Her customs are as good as Zelda.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I swear FG is trolling me right now.

The only good players lag a ton.
So it gives me someone from Japan which is also laggy due to distance.
Finally get someone with a good connection with 0 lag.
It's a Jiggs who used 3 air attacks.
EDIT: Now a lagless Link who hardly used any projectiles and had tons of whiffed grabs...

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I hate coming across bad players of a character I like.
I just end up wanting to use the character to show them why they suck so that they stop shaming that character (Ganondorf has more moves than down-B!) but then I don't want to come off as THAT guy.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
She doesn't even have KO power anymore

Reliable KO options from brawl: usmash, utilt, dsmash, fsmash, uair

Smash 4:

usmash - no range, KBG heavily nerfed, doesn't link together all the time
utilt - combo move now
dsmash - nerfed range, worse knockback
fsmash - buffed knockback by like, 5%, but doesnt link together reliably against certain characters and aerial opponents
uair - nerfed knockback
I feel like "liking" this even though it's not exactly something "good" :c

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Thanks guy I had it both games vs dabuz (dying at 50 and 60 w00t) blahh but oh well it happens and then getting bodied by falcon g3 but I didnt use zelda there so ya but owell I'll do better next time.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Dairs are definitely worth it for Zelda. Like holy crap an air dodge read and it's over...

Imo Ganon lives off gimmicks and once you get used to them he isn't that bad.
A good Ganondorf doesn't use "gimmicks" merely mind games. A good Ganondorf will never be predictable like that. For example, The Gerudo. A move all about mind games. If they stay still you can dtilt and punish, if they do a get up attack, you can punish with a shield grab, dash and Gerudo, or pivot fsmash, if they roll backwards you can Gerudo, and backwards use an fsmash, and if they tech a shield grab or a jab will do. This isn't exactly a gimmick, merely a midngame. A Ganondorf who knows all of his actions to use in different situations is a scary thing. I merely covered one move as well, let alone all of his other moves!

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Thanks guy I had it both games vs dabuz (dying at 50 and 60 w00t) blahh but oh well it happens and then getting bodied by falcon g3 but I didnt use zelda there so ya but owell I'll do better next time.
you did great. Irrelevina is just ugh, i hate her. Great zelda you shouldve beat dabuz. On the Capt F. game, well we all have our bad games but overall good job

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
You know what, why don't we play tomorrow? Don't expect much, as I am still relearning from the concussion, but it will be helpful to me, and you can write for my blog in the Ganondorf boards about relearning Ganon. It would be extremely helpful for me and the community.
I can try. I've had a lot of trouble learning wifi before so don't expect much. I don't know when I'll be able to play though. I have to help my mom and Gma shop and do stuff.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I was seriously on the edge of my seat watching you today. My idea on how Zelda needs to be played in doubles has changed a lot from watching you today (spam Din's back in Brawl). You almost had Dabuz and that CF game made me think of your Zelda but in reverse >_>

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I have to say, good job. You may have lost, but losing is a huge part of winning. However, may I ask what potential you see in Zelda?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Yeah those early kills made me mad lol. Especially the Fsmash one. Like how did that kill at 60%?

Anyways you did great! I'm happy just knowing that someone used her.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Hello, I've been reading through the threads for a while, so I finally decided to come out and say hi to everyone!

( Eww.. These first post jitters are like the worst thing ever.)

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Heya!

I like the Ganondorf to Zelda comparison. Ganondorf does kill easier, combo better, and weighs a lot more but we have less startup lag than a lot of his moveset! And we have ranged pressure, for what it's worth.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Hello, I've been reading through the threads for a while, so I finally decided to come out and say hi to everyone!

Welcome to the best social! :)

The title may work more...

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky

Aw I was that way too xD
Just insert yourself here, the boards seems friendly everywhere but I've found the Sisterhood of the Zelda Smash Boards to be the most inviting and friendly bunch of people ♡
You'll be at home here sister Cenizas c:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Maaaaannnnn...

I hope these matches go on YT or something I MISSED ALL OF THEM. /melts into mush

Unless the stream was saved...? Can't check now...

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Just noticed the change in thread subtitle. I am not amused. Actually, it's exactly the kind of remark I'd make. I feel I'll fit in just fine.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I want to see the vids too. I swear if Sakurai ever sees Nairo play he'll be reassured that Zelda is fine as is and refuse to buff her.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Yep that CF game was just not for me lmao sucks because if I made it to GFs vs dabuz odds are I would have used Zelda again or/and Robin. Yea Zelda in doubles is pretty good since I can just offstage do stuff and can sometimes rely on my partner if I need any. Thanks though guys! @ Lozjam Lozjam IMO I think Zelda is like mid of midtier or so at least

Top Bottom