• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
help me pls

i just bough the wii u version yesterday and i feel liek a noobies. first it was pretty solid. but then i met some really good people in succession and i just got wrecked x.x

and i find myself doing all that stupid moves like rolling mindlessly or rolling right into attacks, something i wouldnt do in the 3ds version. also im using a wii u gamepad as my gc controllers are really wonky. i guess ill try using the 3ds at controller :/

but im not complainin im willing to get better, but what i really just want to know is if you people also had to take some time to get used to the wii u version?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I'm still very shaky on the Wii U and I'm definitely not as comfortable in Smash 4 than the other games.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
help me pls

i just bough the wii u version yesterday and i feel liek a noobies. first it was pretty solid. but then i met some really good people in succession and i just got wrecked x.x

and i find myself doing all that stupid moves like rolling mindlessly or rolling right into attacks, something i wouldnt do in the 3ds version. also im using a wii u gamepad as my gc controllers are really wonky. i guess ill try using the 3ds at controller :/

but im not complainin im willing to get better, but what i really just want to know is if you people also had to take some time to get used to the wii u version?
I did actually have to get used to it. It's really weird, since the versions are supposed to be exactly alike.

HD too strong.

I'm mostly having trouble adjusting to the c-stick in the air. It's messing me up sooo bad. It's like the 3DS trained me to not use it, and now I'm not used to it. Or it could be the Pro Controller. I've never had the right stick above the buttons before.

Last edited:

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
help me pls

You should be a hardcore smasher and not play Smash U. We 3DS only people gotta represent.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
I did actually have to get used to it. It's really weird, since the versions are supposed to be exactly alike.

HD too strong.
I know right? what bothers me is that my whole playstyle changed with the version, even tho its supposed to be the same as you said

You should be a hardcore smasher and not play Smash U. We 3DS only people gotta represent.
i am hardcore ._.

well i use wiimote and nuchuck so idk lol
lulz, i could never get used to that, i always tried it in brawl but it was always just too unusual for me. do you use shake smash?

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
I know right? what bothers me is that my whole playstyle changed with the version, even tho its supposed to be the same as you said

i am hardcore ._.

lulz, i could never get used to that, i always tried it in brawl but it was always just too unusual for me. do you use shake smash?
shake smash? whut?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I tried using that in my early days of Brawl, but it never attacked in the direction I wanted it to >_>
Riot and Ed/scary are our Zelda reps for tourneys. Nairo does her good work two but those two are the only Zelda users for tourneys.
Do Riot and Ed have any tourney matches available to watch anywhere? I want to see how they play her in Smash 4. I've only seen Nairo use Zelda so I assumed he was our only rep.

Last edited:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
I tried using that in my early days of Brawl, but it never attacked in the direction I wanted it to >_>
im really used to it so idk
Riot and Ed/scary are our Zelda reps for tourneys. Nairo does her good work two but those two are the only Zelda users for tourneys.
I think Nairo counts. Hes using her right now as we speak. also are you gonna make the thread now?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Holy **** Nairo's Zelda in doubles is sick. Forget Din's Fire, all about that dair.

Lost it when Nairo elevators Ness right before being hit by PK Thunder 2.
Woah! I gotta see this. Where's the match?!

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
In other news, I'm having trouble landing safely. I usually just aim for the ledge, but giving up all stage control every time you get launched up probably isn't good. Do we even have any good landing options? Airdodge is bad, any aerial is bad...Farore's can be punished by anyone fast. Aggh what do I do?
Fast fall Nair? I find Nair to be the only decent air attack we have.
Although perhaps while falling you could make use of Nayru's invulnerability frames on startup to avoid a predictable juggle from below? It's certainly worth a shot.

Also, I dunno how effective it would be but trying to space a Dair coming down on someone might possibly work? Probably not but I'm just a sucker for the Dair

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Damn, I missed the stream. Could of earned some stuff from Nairo's Zelda.

In other news, I figured out a weakness in my playstyle that Big D pointed out for me. I need to press less buttons. And that's a good advice for ALL Zelda players here. She needs to be patient, but also initiate some aggression at the right time to get some momentum and early kills.

Yesterday, I complained that I couldn't beat Mario. Well, I decided to press less buttons, and the MU was SO much easier. With patience, the MU really wasn't that bad at all, haha. Stuff felt more punishable and easier to control. And now at worst, I'll be second in my online tourney against my friends~

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ok.... Remember when I yapped at y'all about being pessimistic and how Ganondorf mains were optimistic and stuff... I take that back, I'm sorry... I daresay Smash 4 Zelda may be in a worse position than Brawl Ganondorf.... Yup... Unless she gets patched, I don't see her doing very in the competitive scene...
Sorry Zelda mains.

Last edited:
Top Bottom