• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
tbh, a huge part of the Smash 4 community is lacking some pessimism. They are way too jolly and their hopes for anything are too high.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Believe me, you guys aren't. Coming from both Spamus "Sakurai lied" board and ZSS "omg sexism" bull, both of which were littered with Other M hate and "worse than Brawl/10" posts. Regardless, pessimism can only get so far on its own.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Slap all those over-optimists with petals of pessimism. :3

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Slap all those over-optimists with petals of pessimism. :3
Fabulous, my darling sis :3

Speaking of Spamus, I really wanted to get into using her in this since I quite liked her in Brawl but she just doesn't gel right for me ;_;

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Aero is going to murder you tbh, rabbit.soaring

tbh, a huge part of the Smash 4 community is lacking some pessimism. They are way too jolly and their hopes for anything are too high.
This this this.

Zelda's flaws hold Nairo back so much, you can see it every time he uses her.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So....we want him to use Zelda, but at the same time we don't want him to.

The life of a bad char.

EDIT: Aaand Irrelevina takes the win at the tourney. *siiiigh*

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I wanted to complain about Zelda being bad but I'm currently listening to K.K. Slider's live performances. It's impossible for me to complain about anything when K.K. Slider is playing.

Potpourri

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2921-9942-8562
Any reason why alot of you guys are giving up on Zelda so early? This game is still very fresh, and while Zelda isn't the strongest character in the game (and a frustrating character to use at times), I feel that with a little patience and tourney exposure, Zelda can rise, just a little. I don't need her at the bottom for three games in a row.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Any reason why alot of you guys are giving up on Zelda so early? This game is still very fresh, and while Zelda isn't the strongest character in the game (and a frustrating character to use at times), I feel that with a little patience and tourney exposure, Zelda can rise, just a little. I don't need her at the bottom for three games in a row.
Cuz they nerfed her from brawl quite heavily

I mean, she got buffed from melee and ended up worse

and this game is much closer to brawl than melee

so logic says she must be worse

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
I can't speak for everyone, and I'm one of the more pessimistic members, but it's mainly that everyone else is so good. Zelda has little going for her asides from kill power. I just struggle to think of more than one character who's worse than Zelda.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
I can't speak for everyone, and I'm one of the more pessimistic members, but it's mainly that everyone else is so good. Zelda has little going for her asides from kill power. I just struggle to think of more than one character who's worse than Zelda.
in other words, everyone is good including her. But everyone else is just better than her

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
She doesn't even have KO power anymore

Reliable KO options from brawl: usmash, utilt, dsmash, fsmash, uair

Smash 4:

usmash - no range, KBG heavily nerfed, doesn't link together all the time
utilt - combo move now
dsmash - nerfed range, worse knockback
fsmash - buffed knockback by like, 5%, but doesnt link together reliably against certain characters and aerial opponents
uair - nerfed knockback

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
She lost every good thing she had in Brawl and gained....Farore's KO ability.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Look buddy, coming into this as a Ganondorf and Link main since melee(and especially Brawl) I came here with ignorance. But the members here gave me the Lens of Truth. I thought I knew what it was like to struggle with a character with a competitive mindset and tournaments. But boy, I was wrong. Zelda is worse off than she was in Brawl, she received so many odd and unneeded buffs that it wasn't worth it! If Zelda stayed mostly the same as she was in Brawl, like Ganondorf, she would be a good character! But she received so many nerfs with so little buffs, while almost all veterans received a slew of buffs. You just cannot compete. I have Ganondorf and a Link to thank Sakurai for... But he did a bad job balancing Zelda and Diddy. I like Zelda's play style, it is surprisingly similar to Ganondorf's, but she isn't worth it. I am still going to keep her as she is Zelda, but only in the hopes that she gets buffed.

Rizen

Smash Legend
OtherM deserves the hatin'. Just sayin'

Charizard feels clunkier than in Brawl. He's stronger but his recovery and mobility feel nerfed. I think the reasons he's better than in brawl are the SSB4 system and lack of fatigue.

Do you guys think Zelda is better than Ganon or not?

Last edited:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41

Charizard feels clunkier than in Brawl. He's stronger but his recovery and mobility feel nerfed. I think the reasons he's better than in brawl are the SSB4 system and lack of fatigue.

Do you guys thing Zelda is better than Ganon or not?
thats hard to tell at this point. i think they're equally good or zelda better by a landslide.
Charizard imo is worst than zelda.

Little Fuujiin got banned

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Cuz they nerfed her from brawl quite heavily

I mean, she got buffed from melee and ended up worse

and this game is much closer to brawl than melee

so logic says she must be worse
Nah sis, she was totes buffed!

Her grab game improves loads! You can combo with dtilt to lightning kick! You couldn't do that before. And dair comboes into uair! You just gotta play her differently! Stop trying to play her like brawl Zelda and she's solid!

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I feel like Zelda is like a fragile Ganondorf. Which means she's built horribly. So Ganondorf is better imo simply because he is better built. Super strong, AND heavy. Zelda is just strong (no so much in Smash 4 but..) but light.

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067

Do you guys think Zelda is better than Ganon or not?
I'm gonna be conservative and say both are better. The problem with Zelda is that she's supposed to force the opponent to approach, but can't. At all. And she has no approach. I honestly think Zelda and Rosa are a bit similar. If you want to see what makes Zelda bad, look at what makes Rosa good. And vice versa.

EDIT: WUU JigglyZelda got the MU thread up

Last edited:
So I came back from a tournament. I forfeited because the tournament because I was dead sleepy at singles. TLDR, I suck at doubles eternally and do significantly better at singles. I beat a Link, Mega Man, Yoshi, Little Mac, Bowser Jr, Zero Suit Samus, Captain Falcon, and a Pacman player. Sounds good? Then I proceeded to get bodied by a Ganondorf. lol

Alphatron

Smash Champion
thats hard to tell at this point. i think they're equally good or zelda better by a landslide.
Charizard imo is worst than zelda.

Little Fuujiin got banned
Charizard is debatable, but yeah he might be worse. Nothing autocancels aside from short hopped fair. His jab...why the **** is his jab unsafe against grounded opponents? I didn't realize I was playing as Samus here. If I hold down the A button and the first jab connects, jab2 and jab3 should connect too. But even when my opponents were at 80%, I've been getting grabbed or punished for actually hitting my opponents with the jab. Speaking of getting grabbed, it sure is fun to get grabbed out of nuetral air by non tether characters. I do not understand the hitbox on this move at all.

Thing is, charizard has a massive grab range, an actual air game, a run speed that doesn't suck, and smash attacks that he can actually rely on when they hit the opponent. So while he has a ton of issues, I don't want to say he's worse than Zelda just yet. The only other character who I'm kind of worried about for being worse than her is Mr. Game and Watch. But once I get over the nerf to his smash attacks, bair, and dtilt, I can probably look at things more objectively.

Top Bottom