• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Q&A and Discussion Thread: Our Bair is STILL better than Yours!

Cia

das kwl
I've been playing Zelda like crazy lately and.. I think she's REALLY underrated. I posted this somewhere else too, but she plays sooo much like Jigglypuff, it's only a matter of time before people start complaining about her

:evil:

D

Deleted member

zelda has 3 major impediments in fox, falcon, sheik.

edit: I'm glad everyone uses blue now. just know that when we do dittos, you have to switch colors cause I've been using blue for ages and ages.

TheLake

Smash Master
Vanz speaks the truth

Zelda is gonna be doing some hurt here pretty soon

Blue is the way of the kick

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I decided to pick up Zelda again, I agree she's underrated as well (still bad though).

I still remember everything Mow taught me <3

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
No, but now I'm thinking about doing it since I actually care about Zelda again.

I'll have to do it once I get a break in my schoolwork / bboy practice.

But yeah, Zelda is awesome. She feels like a sissy version of Ganondorf (throw aerials, get kills).

Zone

Smash Champion
wtcrap where was all this spark like 6-8 months ago when I was in melee forumns pretty much by myself in Zelda with lake, and occasionally mow. lol

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Hmm, it looks like it's going to be at least a week before I even start updating that video thread >_<

I might get some vids up myself, however my Zelda is hella rusty after dropping her for DK. That's like, 2 years of no flash kicking :(

Also, it's not that great to pick up the character again when almost everyone around you mains space animals... lol.

Speaking of spacies, any tips? Right now, I try to flash kick OoS if they ever waveshine through me; land an upsmash OoS whenever it's safe; retreating bairs as they SH approach me; "dash canceled" Fsmashes; and random dsmashes when I whiff a move.

TheLake

Smash Master
Jab there dumb nair approaches.

Grab forward smashes, upsmash out of shield on shielded upsmashes.

If you land a forward smash try dash attacking or kicking them. They usually miss the tech.

If they fire fox kick them with all your might. If they go to sweetspot downtilt or down smash.

Never give up and keep on kicking

Cia

das kwl
^ I spoke to SwiftBass and he said he's not sure how he's going to get there, but he wants to go. And If he does he'll bring me. So I'm crossing my fingers

BTW, good matches at SPOC. Hopefully I'll make it to this for more ZELDA DITTOS!

:colorful:

Cia

das kwl
I just checked the DK boards. He's not in there. I would have laughed.
yo, that mod pretty much **** on my DK thread. he was like "it's not the official thread because I didn't approve it." (or something like that)

little did he know, I use to play against BUM like crazy and I had a lot more DK knowledge/experience than most people.

All I have is Peach + Zelda Q+A's atm.

And yes, Your ganon, my Zelda. i will murder you :laugh:

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
yo, that mod pretty much **** on my DK thread. he was like "it's not the official thread because I didn't approve it." (or something like that)

little did he know, I use to play against BUM like crazy and I had a lot more DK knowledge/experience than most people.

All I have is Peach + Zelda Q+A's atm.

And yes, Your ganon, my Zelda. i will murder you :laugh:
Murder me? Danm, it's not that serious.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Okay, TheLake, I give up. I cannot for the life of me find what that song in your like... combo video thing is. The words are from Flarup's "Learn as you Listen", but the sound track isn't.

halp plz =(

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Yeah lake wht is the song i absoloutly LOVE ETTT! By the way to answer your questions with a answer Lake is the best Zelda =D Everytime i play him his is rediculously getting better

By the way lake wanna do another mm at my next tourney your coming too? Oh are you guys staying the weekend for the two tournies or just melee by the way?

And Vanz how you figured out if you and swift are getting a ride?

Cosmo you should come too So i can destroy your zelda and lose miserably to that marth :) Im no 4% haha

Cia

das kwl
Yeah lake wht is the song i absoloutly LOVE ETTT! By the way to answer your questions with a answer Lake is the best Zelda =D Everytime i play him his is rediculously getting better

By the way lake wanna do another mm at my next tourney your coming too? Oh are you guys staying the weekend for the two tournies or just melee by the way?

And Vanz how you figured out if you and swift are getting a ride?

Cosmo you should come too So i can destroy your zelda and lose miserably to that marth :) Im no 4% haha
I've already beaten Lake in the ditto. ;) It was only one match and it was close though. In fact, he was up the entire match. I was really impressed. (maybe he is the best?)

And Swift hasn't gotten back to me regarding a ride situation. I'll try to get in contact with him. I still really want to go.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
He is the best Zelda i have incountered atleast hardest for me ofcorse i play with impp nearly everyday so perhaps im just used to Impp lol. Every tournament Mow was supposed to go to that i went to he didnt show so i never played him yet :(

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Technically, I accepted :o

You should have gone to Dan's place yesterday. Me and Lambchops had crazy intense matches. Combos EVERYWHERE.
I heard. I may go to Emily's tomorrow. Don't think I'll be there long but who knows. If you decide to go you should do some teams with me. There is no reason why we shouldn't be taking Ganon Peach team MMs. Crismas and I got $5 at SPOC in team MMs.

Sorry for the off topic post, I know this is a Zelda thread and I don't mean to offend The Lake and the two other Zelda mains that come to these boards.

D

Deleted member

I'm only considered the best zelda from beating higher caliber players with her. there's no guarantee I'd do any better against you guys than any other zelda player would.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
I like Zelda but she can turn into Sheik. That is why I couldn't consider her as a secondary or main. Knowing you could stop sucking and win your match by pressing downB is a temptation I can't resist. I do like the kick though.

Umbreon did you play Mewtwo long ago? I think I asked you this already but I keep thinking of a M2 player I seen long ago when I see your name.

D

Deleted member

yes I was at one point the best mewtwo player in the world until I quit the character.

Zone

Smash Champion
yes I was at one point the best mewtwo player in the world until I quit the character.
Wow this suddenly dawns on me that I remember hearing about you back in the day when like some of the only online footage of smash play was from the Punch Crew and I remember someone mentioning your name something like "Umbreon mow tells us to L-cancel more often"

meaning you were l-canceling when I was a infant smasher.

TheLake

Smash Master
Crap what is the name of that song...? hmm ill think of it and post it here soon enough...ill make a thread if i have to lol

Vanz is extremly legit. You can beat me in a hundred dittos but mine will always reign supreme.....because I play blue ;D

Mows mewtwo was insanse...he ***** me and ma boys at tekko a few years back

Tipman your a ganon player...your a memeber of the triforce, feel free to spam all you want ^_^

Top Bottom