• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda information thread (last edit 02-24) Cleaning up, changing sections

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
Zelda needs to be brunette with that black gown. >.<

In addition to that Farore's Wind video, it's crazy. It looks like it has less recovery distance to me, AND it takes longer to do. Ugh...

>.>

Iris

Smash Ace
The distance looks larger to me, when you compare it with her height. I just hope to god it isn't so punishable.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
The distance looks larger to me, when you compare it with her height. I just hope to god it isn't so punishable.
Im pretty sure it is larger, and hopefully those sparks that appears at her destination spot will give damage.

Edit: I went into Melee and did some testing with Farore's Wind.
The distance is the same, still im not 100% sure.

Iris

Smash Ace
Well, if the distance is the same, make ledge sweetspotting loads easier. The lack of DI and small ledge grabbing range she had also stunted her recovery. Give those lanky arms some purpose!

I don't see why it should be the same. We've got characters like Sonic and ZSS with huge third jumps and probably great normal ones. Farore's Wind shouldn't be the same as theirs considering her normal jumps are crap and Farore's Wind was kind of advertised for covering a huge distance. They need to buff it, either offensively or defensively.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Well, if the distance is the same, make ledge sweetspotting loads easier. The lack of DI and small ledge grabbing range she had also stunted her recovery. Give those lanky arms some purpose!

I don't see why it should be the same. We've got characters like Sonic and ZSS with huge third jumps and probably great normal ones. Farore's Wind shouldn't be the same as theirs considering her normal jumps are crap and Farore's Wind was kind of advertised for covering a huge distance. They need to buff it, either offensively or defensively.
Right.
Im just afraid that Sakurai isn't really thinking everything through with character balancing - nerfing and buffing certain characters. And what if Sakurai's way to buff Zelda is by buffing Sheik? That's a scary thought! :'(

Iris

Smash Ace
Yeah, even if he wants them to work together, I really hope he sees them as separate while balancing them to the other characters.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Translations of Famitsu Scans are up!
Credit goes to BrawlCentral

Zelda

Up Special (Farore's Wind):
She spins in place, and then she teleports to where you aim with the control stick. She fades and disappears. The range and length of this move is quite strong, but be sure not to get hit and interrupted before she disappears.

Normal Special (Nayru's Love):
Create a magic barrier that reflect flying items and things thrown at you. After the barrier wraps around her body, small fragments rotate around her body. The barrier and these fragments can do damage.

Down Special (Sheik Change):
Change into Zelda's other persona, Sheik! After she transforms she looks different, of course, but so does her feel, from her special attacks to her movement. She's pretty much a different character. Pay attention to Sheik's new look.

Final Smash (Light Arrows):
Pull your bow and unleash Light Arrows before you. Although she's a girl, do no underestimate her strength! The arrows she releases pierces through any opponent standing before her, and causes great damage. It'll even pierce through her opponent's shields and break them. Quite a scary power indeed...

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I know it may sound odd, but one of the things I want to see buffed most on Farore's Wind is her lag time whenever she teleports onto the ground (not talking when she teleports into the air and falls to the ground, though buffing that lag would be splendid). I always found ground-to-ground teleports to be fun for potential mindgames (especially since you can shorten the distance), but the lag and the fact that she's probably facing the wrong way means that Nayru's Love and the rare sffl'd Bair are about the only moves you can do out of it. I'd really like to see more mindgame potential with Farore's Wind.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, I think her specials in general should be more about mindgames, since that's the type of character she is.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
LOOK LOOK LOOK LOOK!
Look what I found!:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c283/fallingstarlane/zelda_coll.jpg
Its from the Famitsu scan book thingy.
Isn't it spiffy!?
Oh wow thanks, i've never seen that scan before. Some of the pics are old but I lke the new ones showed. Could that explosion looks like Din's Fire one be the answer to the awkward wave that some of us thought of as a taunt? She looks awesome, thing is I say that everytime a new pic or video pops up heh.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
The Din's Fire shot on that page looks like a bad case of underarm odor or something.
Bwuahahahahahaha! I just noticed that.

May I mention, I seriosuly don't like the way she is positioned in the Nayru's Love picture.
My goodness, talk about doing the twist! It seriously looks like she has been sliced in half in the middle and someone super glued her back together.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I know it may sound odd, but one of the things I want to see buffed most on Farore's Wind is her lag time whenever she teleports onto the ground (not talking when she teleports into the air and falls to the ground, though buffing that lag would be splendid). I always found ground-to-ground teleports to be fun for potential mindgames (especially since you can shorten the distance), but the lag and the fact that she's probably facing the wrong way means that Nayru's Love and the rare sffl'd Bair are about the only moves you can do out of it. I'd really like to see more mindgame potential with Farore's Wind.
I can sort of understand the start-up lag because it is a spell and she does have the ribbon for "protection", but there really is no excuse for the awful afterlag. I would love it if it didn't have any lag at all (if you touched ground) and could use another spell or recycle Farore again just to be unpredictable.

May I mention, I seriosuly don't like the way she is positioned in the Nayru's Love picture.
My goodness, talk about doing the twist! It seriously looks like she has been sliced in half in the middle and someone super glued her back together.
>_> I love that pose! It looks like she's about to throw them angrily.

Drake3

Smash Ace
<speculation> Hmm, I think they've given Zelda a few disjointed magic hitboxes (At least Neutral A and SmashA). Which would be awesome, but I might just be delusional. </speculation>

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of disjointed magic hitboxes, I hope that her Uair gets a nice buff in terms of hitbox size and quickness as I quite liked that move, it just came out so goshdarned slow.

And it would be nice if it did damage as long as the fireball was present, rather than just the instant it came out.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Ugh.
Has anyone else noticed that Zelda's character selection icon has changed to include Sheik? Sheik is taking up too much room on the icon in my opinion.. She looks as if she's pushing Zelda out of the icon D:

Iris

Smash Ace
That icon seriously pisses me off. Okay, fine, Sheik's playable. Yeah, I can understand wanting to put her in the icon (despite that not being the case for PT or Samus), but layering her over Zelda and pushing her into the corner of the icon while still keeping the Zelda name? Seriously, I hope this is a fake, simply for that reason.

Hey, Zelda, your ice cream has a hair in it.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
That icon seriously pisses me off. Okay, fine, Sheik's playable. Yeah, I can understand wanting to put her in the icon (despite that not being the case for PT or Samus), but layering her over Zelda and pushing her into the corner of the icon while still keeping the Zelda name? Seriously, I hope this is a fake, simply for that reason.

Hey, Zelda, your ice cream has a hair in it.
Too true.
Although, I think Samus has hr own icon because Zamus is just simply Samus without her suit, but I think Sakurai is trying to convey that Sheik is a completely different entity from Zea. This should not be the case.

Fair dues, Sheik's playable, but she' being given way too much spotlight in my opinion. She's a transformation gimmick to ZELDA. She should be taking a back-seat to Zelda, but she seems to be up-front, and ahead of Zelda in all aspects again ¬.¬

I'm beginning to think Sakurai's going to have Zelda appear at the start of the SSE, and then have her transform into Sheik up until the ending.

Hey Zelda, Sheik ate your ice cream.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Ah yes the character select screen. The slot with Zelda and Sheik is the only thing making me question if it's real. I mean I would assume that Zelda's pic should only be there since that was the case in Melee. Though if it's really real then it bothers me because Sheik is like covering half of Zelda's face yet it says Zelda not Zelda/Sheik. Well I wouldn't be suprised if you start as Sheik and have to hold a button to transform to Zelda :urg:.

On a side note yay for seeing more pics of Zelda with the Manaphy update seems like a awesome Pokemon.

Drake3

Smash Ace
So I wasn't sure what you guys were talking about. And then I stumbled upon it and was like "What the *********". I don't doubt the authenticity of that video, but why does Zelda have to share her screen with Sheik? Does PT share it with his Pokemon? Does Samus share it with herself?

And Soluble, that doesn't make sense. Samus and ZSS are exactly like Zelda and Sheik.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Seriously? Did Sakurai just do that?
"Hey, guys, guess what? Sheik's playable. Now I know I did an update on this earlier, but I decided just in case people forget, Sheik is also gonna be taking up 7/8ths of Zelda's character select icon. Now now, I know you may be thinking this is unfair, Pokemon Trainer and Samus do not share their respective icons, but this is not the case. Samus/ZSS and PT play relatively well interchangeably. Zelda is crap in comparison to Sheik.

Oh and did I mention Meta Knight's specials? I better go over them one more time, it's a bit confusing, I know."

Hey Zelda, Sheik and Sakurai are eating your ice cream together.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
So I wasn't sure what you guys were talking about. And then I stumbled upon it and was like "What the *********". I don't doubt the authenticity of that video, but why does Zelda have to share her screen with Sheik? Does PT share it with his Pokemon? Does Samus share it with herself?

And Soluble, that doesn't make sense. Samus and ZSS are exactly like Zelda and Sheik.
They're the same in the sense that they're transformations, but I think Sakurai thought to put Zelda/Sheik together in an icon because Sheik is supposed to be an alter ego, like a different person. Zamus however, is just Samus with the suit off.

I think it's a stupid idea to include them both in the icon, and neglect Samus, but I can see Sakurai's reasoning. Even though Sheik is just Zelda deep down, as Zamus is simply Samus.

Also, judging by the guide scan, revealing how much damage a character needs to be KO'd, Zelda will be harder to KO than Sheik
Zelda: 95
Sheik: 92.

It's only a little, but at least Zelda gets the slightly good end of the straw for something.

Sheik's a light ninja though. She should be KO'D Mid 80's
=/

Drake3

Smash Ace
They're the same in the sense that they're transformations, but I think Sakurai thought to put Zelda/Sheik together in an icon because Sheik is supposed to be an alter ego, like a different person. Zamus however, is just Samus with the suit off.
But they're both the same people only with a different appearance and set of skills. Surely he would apply the same method to both since well...they're the same concept.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
But they're both the same people only with a different appearance and set of skills. Surely he would apply the same method to both since well...they're the same concept.
Indeed. Sakurai's logic is flawed.

At least, when it comes to Zelda anyway ¬.¬

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice

.................:mad:

Sheik is such a *****! Really!
No wonder why they kept Zelda from the Character Select screen until now, they had to update Sheik first due to the fact that she also had to appear in it, and overlap Zelda too!:mad:

:urg: poor Zelda

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, judging by the guide scan, revealing how much damage a character needs to be KO'd, Zelda will be harder to KO than Sheik
Zelda: 95
Sheik: 92.

It's only a little, but at least Zelda gets the slightly good end of the straw for something.

Sheik's a light ninja though. She should be KO'D Mid 80's
=/
It would be much more helpful if you can provide images of this guide scan you're talking about. Along with any other imagery that I haven't seen and added yet... :dizzy:

Top Bottom