• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda information thread (last edit 02-24) Cleaning up, changing sections

Iris

Smash Ace
Her scream seems longer than it was in Melee for regular KOs. I wonder if we'll be getting the same dramatic scream for star KOs though.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
I love that scream, she sounds so much like a girl scout who just tripped over her wagon full of cookies!

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe I'm going to comment on Zelda's death scream (there really aren't anymore straws for us to grab at, are there?), but here goes. I think Stiputation hit my thoughts exactly: she really does sound like a little girl who's scraped her knee.

Noa.

Smash Master
We need more Zelda updates. She has the least amount of updates then any character. I think her FS should be 5 light arrows, and they are an intant KO. She is invincible, but cant perform any attacks apart from shooting arrows.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Keep up the good work! :)
Can't wait for translations of each B-move on the Famitsu scan. :D

Arean

Smash Ace
me too! man... i want to know if her specials are buffed or whatever

Iris

Smash Ace
Oh, by the way, I think the magic incorporated Dair may be deconfirmed. In that new video of her in the WarioWare stage in a commercial or something, I'm pretty sure she does her Dair after returning to the stage after being sent flying. Maybe it didn't do anything magical because it didn't connect, but I think it's pretty mcuh just deconfirmed now. Zelda's landing is once again easily trumped.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Uhm under Zelda's profile at smashbros.com. They have her special moves and final smash listed >_> That's new to me.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Oh, by the way, I think the magic incorporated Dair may be deconfirmed. In that new video of her in the WarioWare stage in a commercial or something, I'm pretty sure she does her Dair after returning to the stage after being sent flying. Maybe it didn't do anything magical because it didn't connect, but I think it's pretty mcuh just deconfirmed now. Zelda's landing is once again easily trumped.
Yeah, I was going to post that last night. And that was definitely not Nayru's Love in that video. It still looks the exact same as it always did.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
I thought, when I saw her Dair, it had some pretty magical shiny sparkles around it o.o

Iris

Smash Ace
The new commercial looks helpful. Her DSmash has voice, and also, her neutral A seems slower and is out longer, but it looks hard to escape.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Agreed Iris. I actually think they made Zelda much more powerful this time around.
I personally think that her Neutral A is much more powerful. I mean, It freaking owned ZSS and knocked her off the platform! If that kind of power is packed into that insignificant of an attack, imagine how much power shes got stored up in her smashes!

Zelda for the win.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I noticed that. Even in the DOJO picture she can be seen kicking her where it hurts.
I'm not sure if we are due in for a Special moves update though. I really want to get a good explanation on how her B moves have been changed and if for worse or for the better.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Is it just me or does Zelda beat up ZSS a lot?
They have history. ZSS put the moves on Link and Zelda was like "Whoah, whoah, whoah, Spandex." To this day it's still a problem. I love the electric noise her Neutral A makes now.

Is anybody else excited for the Zelda vs ZSS match?

Iris

Smash Ace
I don't imagine a special move update unless they're going to explain the contrasts between Zelda and Sheik. The other 3 spells probably won't be updated since they're more or less the same, at least in design.

I do, however, hope for a Final Smash update, perhaps today. I'd like to see exactly how similar Zelda's FS is to Link, Mario, and Samus's, and what happens when Sheik uses it. She really deserves another update, since the Sheik one didn't really count.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
True. But hey! Now that the secret is out, I don't think Sakurai will be as hesitant to update on her.
Not to sure on her Final Smash though. It looks extremely easy to jump over.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I do actually think a Zelda update will be today, since they have nothing to 'hide' or whatever the hell he thought he was doing for 7 months.

Such a waste, she totally could've been playable at BOTH the demos too. Especially since the Whobby thing was only like a week before they revealed Sheik.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Down-smash confirmed. Just thought I'd put that in here. Also up-tilt.

About the update stuff: Yeah, Sakurai tends to post more about the character right after they are announced (now, anyway), whether it be a related stage, music, or special. But I wouldn't be surprised if he drops them both again for a while.

Or just updates Sheik.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I wish we could get more pics of the goddess spells, though I doubt he will update her special moves since they haven't changed much. The arrow better not be no dinky one like Link's and Pit's if all you have to do is jump that would suck. Also I want to know if Sheik will automatically turn back to Zelda when she get's the FS. Sakurai come on update her FS tonight so we can be happy.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Translations of the text are now availible.
They are up at brawlboards.com

Its nothing new really, but its good to see some of her moves in the magazine *o*

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
A direct link to the information would have been nice. I saw nothing of immediate interest there except for a temporary stay of execution for those who start wild goose chases. >.>

plasman

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure I'm not the first to notice this, but then again I do watch any video portraying Zelda's moves with a critical eye (e.g. Din's Fire analysis a few pages back :dizzy:) Her DSmash seems considerably more powerful. It doesn't stun Snake but removes him from Crawling state and knocks him back. I know we don't know much about Crawling and because they didn't show percentages, Snake could have been very high in damage but I'm willing to hope that this move has seen a good buff.

Luthien

Smash Ace
A direct link to the information would have been nice. I saw nothing of immediate interest there except for a temporary stay of execution for those who start wild goose chases. >.>
Here's the translation:

Up Special (Farore's Wind):
She spins in place, and then she teleports to where you aim with the control stick. She fades and disappears. The range and length of this move is quite strong, but be sure not to get hit and interrupted before she disappears.

Normal Special (Nayru's Love):
Create a magic barrier that reflect flying items and things thrown at you. After the barrier wraps around her body, small fragments rotate around her body. The barrier and these fragments can do damage.

Down Special (Sheik Change):
Change into Zelda's other persona, Sheik! After she transforms she look different, of course, but so does her feel, from her special attacks to her movement. She's pretty much a different character. Pay attention to Sheik's new look.

Final Smash (Light Arrows):
Pull your bow and unleash Light Arrows before you. Although she's a girl, do no underestimate her strength! The arrows she releases pierces through any opponent standing before her, and cause great damage. It'll even pierce through her opponent's shields and break them. Quite a scary power indeed...

This came from Brawlcentral, so I'm not exactly certain it's accurate. Hope that helps.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
light arrows sounds very promising.

If Zelda is to be nerfed, I expect light arrows to literally blow the game disk into pieces out of pure epicness.

Zelda FS 4 world domination!

plasman

Smash Apprentice
Zelda's Final Smash: I expect Zelda to have barely drawn the arrow back completely when the game slows down and the announcer shouts "Game!"

Arean

Smash Ace
Its still not fair though that sheik gets the same final smash......

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
I SERIOUSLY doubt they will change any ANIMATION from melee, since they didn't for any of her other moves. HOWEVER expect the function/power of the nearly useless nair to be different, yeah but its safe to assume she does a twirl of some sort midair.

@arian
its good, less reason to nerf them both (which was a dumb idea in melee, its not like it was a HUGE advantage to have 2 movesets other than mindgames), not like we'll play with FS competitively anyway

Crispy Fries

Smash Cadet
The downside of Zelda and Sheik having the same Final Smash is that if it is good, it's a plus for Sheik! :laugh:

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
lol wasn't it already the fastest smash in the game? I think its the same speed, which is very good considering what i just said :p

Seriously people were saying that if ANYTHING got nerfed in zelda, it was going to be her fair bair and her Dsmash. rejoice that the dsmash is NOT nerfed and i think someone said it actually has more range lol

i woudn't mind if her fair bair were worse (as long as her other moves are A LOT better), it limits zelda too much to have only 2 kill moves.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Yeah I think it was the fastest Dsmash in the game but it just seems faster to me...
And yeah those kicks need a nerf....
Some characters didnt really have any KO moves at all in Melee that you could just spam(cough cough Peach)...

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I think it was the fastest Dsmash in the game but it just seems faster to me...
And yeah those kicks need a nerf....
Some characters didnt really have any KO moves at all in Melee that you could just spam(cough cough Peach)...
:ohwell: peach was one of the most broken characters in melee, did you ever hear of her Dsmash?? even WITH its nerf she seems to be just as good as in melee because she got buffs in other places

Top Bottom