• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

Vyke

Smash Champion
Oh, this kid stacked. It was just really funny. He was also 12, and the look on my friend's face was priceless. Especially since his sleeves weren't all the same, it was so obvious, hahaha.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I first turn exodia'd on DN one time. I didnt open all five pieces though it was like, 4 pieces + Cards of Consonance and i was actually pretty sad about it cus i had literally no draw power at that point but it's cool, draw on my turn, 5th piece, win.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
on DN i usually just leave when I realize my opponents playing exodia

if they dont have an extra deck i leave even before the first turn gets played cause chances are theyre playing exodia

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion

if they dont have an extra deck i leave even before the first turn gets played cause chances are theyre playing exodia
Or you hope they don't get exodia on turn 1 so you can make a Nat Beast as fast as you can :troll:

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Not really, considering Gale is at 1, Kalut's at 2, and Whirlwind's at 1, coupled with the fact that there are decks that are a lot better now.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Currently, they aren't such hot stuff. They're eventually going to get a few unreleased monsters that will probably improve the deck, though.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I got 16th after going 5-2 with ninja hieratics at a wcs qualifier yesterday, including beating all 3 macro rabbits I came across. Hieratics are pretty good.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer

that's why good exodia players fill their extra deck with sanwitch and other troll fusions.

also good stuff at qualifiers. I'd like to hear a bit more detailed report like any cool plays or which decks you lost to. I've never encountered a ninja hieratic deck, only one or the other.

Vyke

Smash Champion
The only solitaire deck I considered needing a brain to use was Empty Jar (though it's pretty dead). Dragon Draw Exodia too, mebbe, never played it.

gm jack

Smash Lord
http://i.imgur.com/vkyBZ.png

This was what I ran.

Results per match up were

Macro Rabbit 3-0
Wind-up 1-1
Merlanteans 0-1
Heroic Champions 1-0

Trap stun won side deck mvp. Won me at least 2 or 3 sets by himself by going off them allowing an otk. Definitely going to try putting it up to 3 next time.

Vs Atlanteans, I happily otked game 1, got hit my his maxx c, so stopped game 2. He followed it up with dark hole to otk. Game 3, I drew little and hit a maxx c anyway, followed by being poked to death. Slightly annoyed because he sided in 8 cards against me, including skill drains, dust tornados etc which wouldn't do that much, but he saw his maxx c, and only he maxx c each time, while I didn't get to see my dimensional fissures until my very last top deck game 3.

Vs wind-ups. I beat the first one by being (for a change) quite conservative, with my first play only really putting galaxy eyes out to remove materials and cause issues. Once he committed with his sharks to an adreus, I then played again with a bigger push to put a gaia and bounzer on the field to lock him down. The rest was standard. He won one game because I drew poorly and he drew well. Game 3 I think it was trap stun to otk, as he didn't draw badly.

The other wind ups was a case of I feel he was playing a very good deck very well and I didn't draw enough to keep them under control. Game 2, I open both my normals, convocation, birdman and reborn, which should have been a nice second turn otk. He magi-sharks and sets 3, which I find out are 2 warning and a judgment, so not a game I was going to win. I think the one who beat me placed 3rd, so I only missed on topping as the atlanean guy dropped a few games after beating me.

Macro rabbit was pretty easy, between a combinaition of otks, bounzer and galaxy eyes causing huge issues. Again, trap stun allowed me to win my second game in each set, and shutting them down.

Only play I particularly remember all day was fighting out a first turn laggia set 3, by flipping a trap stun, getting it negated before flipping my second and otking.

Deck worked pretty damn well, and I hope showed ninja hieratics are pretty viable. I feel they do have a good match up with the water deck, but only playing one and things not going to plan makes it hard to prove.

The otk variant with 3 cardcar d, few traps etc is probably more viable, especially due to a better wind-up match up, but hanzo and the dragons served me well for a deck nobody is rating at all.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
So I moved in an area that has a Comic Book shop that does YGO tournies and decided "hey, it's been a while, wouldn't hurt to play this again." back when I played last I utilized a spellcaster/Dark Deck,though now I'm interested in trying out a burner deck using those cuddly Madolches. why? BECAUSE I'M CCRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAZY!!! still though,it will be fun to build and at the very least it should turn out much better then my failed attempt at a Toon Deck back when I played last time.

Now for some random Ramblings:

-I've been hearing a majority of people want MR banned(again) along with Ultimate Offering. Can't say I blame 'em.

-nice to see some trademark cards of Gen 1 anime getting Legal Love-The new Seal of Orichalcos isn't as stupid overpowered as the original(Spell Speed 4 O_o), but at least it's usable. Obelisk is awsome, Slifer The Executive Producer is great, and Ra........WTF.

if I had to rank them, it would be Obelisk>Slifer>>>>>>>>>>>>Ra

-also top 3 cards I want to see become real soon, since Eatos and Orichalcos came out:

3.Valkyrie series
2. Fairy Tale series
1. Flipping the F***ing table

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Hey, how many of you are going to the Edison, NJ regionals this Saturday?

:phone:

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
I'm going, but I don't know if I'm gonna play yet since I got my invite at the recent philly regional.
Do you have a tiaramisu I could borrow? It's the last card I need :/

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Actually, nvm one of my friends is lending me his tiaramisu, however I will also need one albdervich and zenmaines

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Hey guys, how's this for madolches:

Monsters:
3x Puddingcess
3x Mageleine
3x Mewfuille
2x Marmalmaide
2x Messengelato
3x Cruffssant
2x Battle Fader
2x Chouxvalier

Spells:
Monster reborn
Dark hole
Heavy storm
2x MST
Book of moon
Pot of avarice
3x chateau
2x ticket

Traps:
2x D prison
2x compulse
2x bottomless
Ultimate offering
Madolchepalooza

Extra:
2x Tiaramisu
Leviair
Gem knight pearl
Utopia
Zenmaines
Temtempo
Maestroke
Tiras
Photon papilloperative
Albdervich
Acid golem
Any 3 xyz's I can use

Side:
2x light imprisonig mirror
2x shadow imprisoning
2x forbidden lance
2x butlerusk

Thoughts?

I play tested this against macro cosmos, macro rabbit, Dino rabbit, prophecies, inzektors, and various other decks on dn and devpro

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
That's way too many Puddingcess imo, she's honestly not that great card. Also consider at least one double summon, it's awesome card with Mageleine. Also at least one Genex Ally Birdman. It's an option for an easy Black-rose with Mewfuille while also getting the dead weight cat off the field and gives you some options for synchros at lest.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I think the deck runs best as a stun/tiaramissu spam build. So double summons, level 4 and a load of traps.

Tiaramissu is absolutely amazing, but I have never seen a deck with so much anti-synergy, in that they actively make it hard for their best card to be live.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
I had a conversation with AznEyesWhiteDragon the other day where we discussed Tiaramissu if it had been made as just "2 Level 4 Monsters" and we both agreed it would be ban worthy at that point. It is only actively stopped by things that outright negate effects and nothing else, literally gets over anything to the point of sending a monster back to the one place it is the least live: The deck.

Thoughts?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
@HG

as stated earlier, 1 Puddingcess is reccomended-effect is awesome, but the card's design makes it annoying to use. also I heard that Soul of Silver Mountain could be good card for a Madolche deck. and soon we will have Hootcake, so the deck shall grow stronger!

@Reaper
yea, I heard similar talk as well, due to how much she exploits Ticket and Chateau. I don't think it is quite that bad to the point of a ban, but I can see a Semi Limit/Limit being given gto her due to the OTK setups. also a bunch of folks think Ultimate Offering will be banned in March, so that could keep her in check too.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I'd agree tiaramissu would get banned at that point. People are getting hyped for diamond dire wolf, who I don't see being particularly good outside of fire kings, and tiaramissu is just better for every other deck to do the same thing better.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
My friend just pulled abyssmegalo out of a pack I scaled
doooood

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I had a conversation with AznEyesWhiteDragon the other day where we discussed Tiaramissu if it had been made as just "2 Level 4 Monsters
Gee, that's like discussing what would happen if Naturia Beast was generic :embarrass:

Also Dire Wolf is for
dire
situations where you want removal on the spot. He can target himself, so it's not like he can't go in any deck.

Also, Madolches have a 3 card OTK with Hootcake, so it's not like UO going away will stop them from being able to. I actually only liked one or two Madolches before Hootcake (I love birds, especially owls AND it has a pancake for a hat) so I'm definitely gonna start playing them once he's out. For now I'm collecting pieces along with Heraldics while I wait for my favorite archetype of all time to come out here.

Oh man and I'll need Constellars from HA07, sigh

istudying

Smash Lord
Hey guys, how's this for madolches:

Monsters:
3x Puddingcess
3x Mageleine
3x Mewfuille
2x Marmalmaide
2x Messengelato
3x Cruffssant
2x Battle Fader
2x Chouxvalier

Spells:
Monster reborn
Dark hole
Heavy storm
2x MST
Book of moon
Pot of avarice
3x chateau
2x ticket

Traps:
2x D prison
2x compulse
2x bottomless
Ultimate offering
Madolchepalooza

Extra:
2x Tiaramisu
Leviair
Gem knight pearl
Utopia
Zenmaines
Temtempo
Maestroke
Tiras
Photon papilloperative
Albdervich
Acid golem
Any 3 xyz's I can use

Side:
2x light imprisonig mirror
2x shadow imprisoning
2x forbidden lance
2x butlerusk

Thoughts?

I play tested this against macro cosmos, macro rabbit, Dino rabbit, prophecies, inzektors, and various other decks on dn and devpro
I dont play any Pudingcess, Chouxvalier, Marmailade nor Fader.

My Madolche Deck:

Monsters: 18

3 x Magileine
3 x Messengelato
3 x Mewfeuille
2 x Cruffsant
2 x Effect Veiler
1 x Tragoedia
1 x Spirit Reaper
1 x Genex Ally Birdman
1 x T.G Warwolf
1 x T.G Striker

Spells: 12

3 x Chateau
2 x Madolche Ticket
2 x Pot of Duality
2 x MST
1 x Shard of Greed (Works most of the time)
1 x Dark Hole
1 x Monster Reborn

Traps: 11

2 x Dimensional Prison
2 x Torrential Tribute
2 x Compulsory
1 x Mirror Force
1 x Ultimate Offering
1 x Solemn Judgment
1 x Starlight Road
1 x Madolche Palooza

Side Deck: 15

2 x Light-Imprisoning Mirror
2 x Puppet Plant
2 x Chain Disappearance
1 x Needle Ceiling
1 x Card Destruction
1 x System Down
1 x Magnetic Mosquito
1 x Mystical Space Typhoon
1 x King Tiger Wanghu
1 x Gozen Match
1 x Prohibition
1 x Bottomless Traphole

Extra Deck: 15
2 x Madolche Tiaramisu
2 x M-X-Saber Invoker
1 x TemTempo
1 x Wind-up Zenmaines
1 x Fairy King Albverdich
1 x Heroic Champion - Excalibur
1 x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1 x Photon Papilloperative
1 x Number 16: Shock Master
1 x Number 30: Acid Golem
1 x Number 39: Utopia (Want to replace him for Djinn Maestroke)
1 x Stardust Dragon
1 x Naturia Beast
1 x Scrap Dragon

Feel free to help or ask about card usage.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Because Hootcake doesn't exist on DN or IN THE REAL WORLD, I don't expect a lot of decks to be set up for it/prepared. However, this is what I've been testing (don't have the list on me, but I'm PRETTY sure about the numbers)

[collapse="Monsters x 20"]3x Magileine
3x Messengelato
3x Mewfeuille
3x Hootcake
3x T.G. Warwolf
2x Effect Veiler
2x Tragoedia
1x Cruffsant[/collapse]
[collapse="Spells x 13"]3x Chateau
2x Ticket
2x Fire Formation Tenki
2x Double Summon
2x MST
1x Heavy Storm
1x Dark Hole[/collapse]
[collapse="Traps x 7"]2x Solemn Warning
2x Compulsory
1x Madolche Palooza
1x Solemn Judgment[/collapse]
[collapse="Extra"]2x Tiaramisu
2x M-X Saber Invoker
1x Leviathan Dragon
1x Leviair
1x Blade Armor Ninja
1x Maestroke
1x Gagaga Gunman (**** Cowboy)
1x No. 105 Giant Hand
1x Dire Wolf
Blah blah blah the rest[/collapse]

You can run a Fire Fist - Bear to use up old Tenkis and/or get a Tenki. I forget what my side is but you want MSTs (and a Twister) to take care of Sides that **** you, such as Rivalry, Soul Drain, Macro Cosmos, and Necrovalley (not as big a deal, but eh.) You can run Gozen, so that's good to have, the rest is personal prefs. I don't care for Striker, though if he went up to 2, I would definitely run him because Nat Beast is godlike. Warwolf becomes an amazing card with Hootcake's arrival, so there is zero reason to not run him. Madolches are gonna be really good with this new card, so I'm hoping to get my hands on them before they become hella expensive.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
istudying:

@ Hot_ArmS,

They have a lot of OTK potential.

There main goal is to get Madolche Tiaramisu on the field a.s.a.p.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Decided to play merlantean. I'm only missing moulinglacia, genex controller and 2 abysslindes

Top Bottom