• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
It sounds like you're mad that nobody takes your deck seriously.
People that play those types of decks usually take great pride in them (for whatever reason) Devpro has its own issues as well, some cards not functioning correctly, not as many people, and it's full of bads just like DN. On top of that, I don't think I've finished a single match with anyone on there, they seem to join blindly and not plan on playing more games (that, or they're not too happy about losing)

finalark

SNORLAX
I haven't used Devpro, if only because most people I know use DN. Honestly, it's the internet. You're going to find scrubs no matter where you go to play.

Actually the same can be said for playing IRL. I knew one guy who swore to god that Nordic was the best archetype ever and could beat any deck.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
I haven't used Devpro, if only because most people I know use DN. Honestly, it's the internet. You're going to find scrubs no matter where you go to play.

Actually the same can be said for playing IRL. I knew one guy who swore to god that Nordic was the best archetype ever and could beat any deck.
lol too good
Now that tin goldfish is out, I'm playing gadgets. Not to mention Redox coming out.

By the way, before tin goldfish, I ran Kagetokage in my gadgets. In case you don't know, Kagetokage's special summon doesn't make the gadget effects miss timing. I was thinking about running tin goldfish and kagetokage in my gadgets, but does kagetokage make the fish miss timing, or is it considered a chain?

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Ok awesome, thanks, I was just making sure.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
If you want to go nuts, you can run chain summoning because of this. Kageto and a Gadget/Tin/Gearframe sets it up and you can run other good cards in tandem (like Fiendish Chain, etc etc) to assist in chaining. It's just another way to play the deck if you want.

Kageto is gonna be a staple in Gadgets as far as I care once Kingremlin (King Feral Imp) comes out in the TCG (May) Tin is definitely mandatory in Gadgets though since he's a Machine.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
I just looked up chain summoning, and it just looks way too gimmicky lol

Vyke

Smash Champion
3rd in the Chain is very easy to pull off, keep in mind you can end a chain with it after your opponent chains something.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I've recently gotten into playing yugioh locally. I'm using a Six Samurai deck and it's kinda fun, even if it's not exactly my favorite deck to use (I got it just so I could start playing). For now it's been a lot of fun, though I'm assuming once element dragons come out, that will change. Right now, my Six Sam deck seems to go even again most decks I've played against, other than Mermails which are tough.

:059:

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Old news, but since nobody's posted about it yet...

E-Dragons are rares, the babies are commons, and the entire set's rarities was leaked through ARG and it's up on the Yugioh Wiki if you want to check it out.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Wow this place died :/

Dragon Rulers are too good, too good!!!

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
My friend came up with a game at around the time star pack came out. He calls it: The Ultimate Star Pack Challenge.

Rules:
1. The player that pulls the star foil of higher value wins and gets to slap their opponent in the face.
2. If a player pulls an Elemental Hero Escuridao, they win. (Star foil takes priority here)
3. If both players pull an Escuridao of equal rarity, they may either call a draw or duel to declare the winner of the slap.
4. If a player pulls a Number 39: Utopia, they lose and must slap themselves as well as having their opponent slap the player.
5. If both players pull Utopia (regardless of rarity) they must both slap themselves.

I need new friends.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I almost beat a Dragon Ruler deck with my Raysworns the other day.

They must suck. I have a full E. dragon deck now! Big eye and dracossack included :). I have spell canceller to shut down Spellbook Prophecy, but unsure what to do vs Ophion lol. Maybe 2 Tsukyomi.

:018:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
They must suck. I have a full E. dragon deck now! Big eye and dracossack included :). I have spell canceller to shut down Spellbook Prophecy, but unsure what to do vs Ophion lol. Maybe 2 Tsukyomi.

:018:
Nah. I know E-Dragons and what they do and how to mess them up. The main problem is if they go first, they auto-win.

Vyke

Smash Champion
"The Big Dragons are not the major problem, the Minis are. They are the ones that summon the Big ones without using any of their effs to spam RK7s like no tomorrow, the ones that let them search for LaDD with Wyvern, the ones that plus like crazy with Rejuvenation, and the ones that fill the grave in no time for endless summoning from the grave, all with the ridiculous cost of sending a dragon instead of only a monster with the corresponding element.

Without the minis the Dragon Rulers were actually interesting since you could mix them in a lot of variants, and you really needed to balance the 4 elements so you could make use of the unique discarding effs. Now its all the same, those effs are rarely used, no matter which dragons you have in hand, youll always able to use the minis and spam Big Eyes and Dracosacks. No thinking, no room for innovations. You just run 24 dragons, the staple spells + Sarcophagus and the Pot of Greed, and you are ready to win every game."

Quoted from a well articulated pojo-goer.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Based on reactions of people today at the card shop, apparently quite a few people have never seen cards without names.

That's a card I pulled from a pack way back when I was in middle school. I usually leave it at home but I had it in my trades binder today just to ask some people about it and stuff. There were two people who had seen cards like that before, but everyone else was surprised to see it.

Seeing as something like this seems to be very rare, if I never end up pulling another rare card again, I'd be completely fine with it seeing as I've already pulled a kind of card that very few other people have pulled.

Vyke

Smash Champion
They're called misprints. Some people collect them, but other than that they're not too valuable in terms of monetary value. I have an Ultra Lyla that has half her name printed off the card so her name is "yla, The Lightsworn Sorceress", lol. A friend of mine had a Reborn Tengu without a name, too.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I havent been caught up with the latest meta

I just saw today a deck list for the elemental dragons

what kinda plays do you want to do when using this deck?

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
So I recently bought XYZ Symphony. Decent Deck for a newbie, like me, but I want to build a better one. I want Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon Since I have Alexandrite Dragon and GoGoGo Giant to summon it. I do not want in my deck: 7 Tools of a Bandit, My Giant Rats and Shining Angels, Ganbara Knight, Feedback Warrior, Sangan, Penguin Solider(? IDK i liek the flip summon effect), Heartfelt Appeal, and a few more. I would also like better use of my monsters by not having so many Warriors with the same effects and some better xyz besides Utopia and the Dijiins. Any tips?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
So, what's everyone thinkin of dat banlist?
Still gonna attempt Mermails, because theyre super fun

also, i saw oricas mentioned above....recently made one as a trade for a Megalo....

noble knight artorigus orica

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The list was... interesting... in a bad way...
Konami apparently to got rid of everything that is disrupting others' play (Heavy Storm, Judgement, limited Fissure, Macro Cosmos, Rai-Oh and Rabbit (less Laggia), etc.).
If this trend continues they may even limit MST if it gets popular again.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Yeahhhhh
That judgement ban scared me a bit. It's a good way to get around stupid decks, at least to give you a break

At least the trish rumor was false

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I would've loved Trishula... I mean, our format is waaaay too xyz-centred atm... imo

Anyway, without Shock Master and Heavy Storm, I really want to try both Ghostricks and Madolches.
Also, the Ghostrick field sounds awesome for any flip effect deck (Lacoodas FTW!).

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
That is true; all this extra deck money TT___TT 2 pricey 4 me

Ghostrick looks sooooo cool
the art is great

I wouldve actually preferred Brio unbanned :'3 All dem Mermail effects

Vyke

Smash Champion
Brio unbanned with Mezuki and Plague to two would have been redonks. I'm fixin' up the Battlin' Boxers again for the format.

The Fonz

Smash Cadet
NNID
SChavez44
3DS FC
1134-8193-3071
I stopped playing YGO for 2 reasons
1. Banned Stratos: Ruined my hero deck that wrecked everyones deck
2. Pokemon X and Y: I guess I was trying to keep myself busy until it came out

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I stopped because I knew the meta was going downhill, and the banlist was focusing on the older cards.
I said "I'll stop playing when they decide to ban Sangan" (pretty sure it was somewhere in this thread), and they eventually did.
later I was told Sangan would allow some silly loops here and there, but still, I was loyal to my promise.

Top Bottom