• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Actually I've found my boggarts being hit by veiler recently. Annoying when I need the effect to go off :/

Not saying I haven't been hit by bth though.

Beat!

Smash Master
Something being staple in the past doesn't mean it's staple forever.

Solemn Warning is used over BTH in most decks. There's rarely room enough for both of them. Antimeta and other backrow-heavy decks are exceptions I guess.
The thing with synchros is that a lot of them can use their effects as soon as they are summoned (Hyunlei, BRD, Stardust Dragon, etc). BTH won't help against those, where as Solemn Warning not only kills them while preventing them from using their effects, but also prevents usage of cards like Monster Reborn to bring them back.

TT is actually only good if your opponent overcommits in stupid situations. Good players will almost never lose more than one monster to it. Although the fact that you MIGHT have TT in the deck helps out, since it forces your opponent to play around it and delays their power plays. It's certainly used in more decks than BTH.

"Staple" suggests you play the card in basically every deck in the format, and this is not the case.
Fish OTK, Absolute Zero, Demise and Frognarch are all top/high tier decks (Fish OTK could possibly be THE best deck in this format) that don't use BTH at all, and TT isn't used in all of them either.

Vyke

Smash Champion
You might as well just quit arguing with Ruby. He's not going to listen to anything considered less than him unless they've topped more events or lucksacked harder.

There's a reason why nobody likes anyone from Pojo.

Life

Smash Hero
TCGplayer is probably the best forum I've ever joined, in contrast.
/blatantadvertising, but I'm serious.

Pojo, eh? That does explain a lot.

rubyiris clearly has no idea what he's talking about. :troll:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You might as well just quit arguing with Ruby. He's not going to listen to anything considered less than him unless they've topped more events or lucksacked harder.

There's a reason why nobody likes anyone from Pojo.
I'm ORIGINALLY from Pojo but I spend FAAAAAAR more time on Rebel Forum (when it existed) and DGZ.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You're not making yourself look any better, Ruby. Yugi-arrogance is overwhelming.
You act as though I honestly care. My image has been ruined ages ago, so why the **** would I randomly start caring now?

So guise, what is the best deck that does not run solemn warning or pot of duality? I plan on playing again, but I refuse to spend any money on this game, or try to get $600 worth of bull****.

Life

Smash Hero
When I get back in I'm going Formula Frogmonarch but I need to get a couple cards back I loaned out before I can make the full deck.

Ruby, your best bet is probably the usual Machina/Batteries/Frogs/etc.

Vyke

Smash Champion
DGZ is even worse than Pojo, lol. It's like where all the pojo scum filters down into.

Regardless... It's just a hobby. No reason to get mad. Or argue with someone who won't listen.

Edit: You could always run Macro. lol.

Skyson

Smash Ace
Buy 3 Machina structure decks, add the good cards restricted to one with $0.50 commons (Dark Hole, Reborn, etc), win.

$30~35 Yu-Gi-Oh, like a champ.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
The new priority ruling is only for the OCG, and we might not even get it here-the OCG has had a similar ruling with graveyard effects for over a year, and the TCG still doesn't have it.

I'm so glad I bought my Solemn Warnings when they were at $20 :cool:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
1. I already have all of that stuff.

2. I said I refuse to spend money on this game. You just told me to spend money. Learn to read, champs.

3. All of those decks require Pot of Duality/Solemn Warning to be good. Battery and Macro ****ing suck and therefore don't count.

For those interested I have:

3 machina decks minus the prisons. sold those for $8 a pop.
Everything minus Gallis the Starbeast and Simorgh for Monster Mash/High-Monster Beat
Everything for Machine OTK
Everything for GK minus Recruiters, Solemn Warning, and Pot of Duality
Mostly everything for Salvo Chaos.
Everything for Chain Burn

Every important synchro minus Brionac and Catastor. Sold them for $30 and $20.

Life

Smash Hero
Finally made it to a local yesterday. Bye round 1, Six Sams round 2, sams again round 3.

First sam deck wasn't really complete but he got out Shi En first turn and I couldn't draw a Monarch to save my life. But I got reasonable hands the next two duels and won.

Second sam deck... was complete. LOL. Game 1 I got rushed into the ground. Second game he got a relatively poor hand and I won via Mirror Forcing a bunch of level-4 sams. Third game, he gets out six monsters by roughly the third turn, but due to a minor misplay on his part involving Gateway's attack-boosting effect I'm left with 200 LP and three DARKs in the graveyard... guess what I topped :p DAD tears his field to pieces and, since he's basically out of cards, holds down the fort long enough to secure victory. Also, I had Gorz somewhere.

Props:
3-0
Epic duels against Sams

Slops:
Bye
Losing to Fusion E-Heroes before the tournament starts... srsly.
Prize was POTD and a movie pack (although I got ulty Alien Mother, so it wasn't all bad)
Found out a guy that owes me cards got himself kicked out of the store. Didn't like him anyway, but that's a Glow-Up and an Ehren down the drain unless I can find him again.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
So, anyone have any suggestions for a good, competitive deck?
That depends on how much money you're willing to shell out, and what your goals are. If you're just interested in competing within Tucson, it's moreso how good you are rather than the **** you can get. Tucson doesn't have a lot of extra ****, so you'll more than likely have to travel to Phoenix, or hit up Ebay. David Lopez usually has a lot of **** to sell though. Hit up showtime weds/sat/sun and he's usually there. If you're looking to travel to Phoenix for regionals, or out of state for YCS, Samurai, GK, and Dragunity are all legit. Lol at anybody who says Fish is good, **** is just how lucky/how well you can palm cards.

Here's what Tucson's meta looks like:

I haven't touched the game in 6 months. I sold just about everything of value I owned 7 months ago for living expenses. On Wednesday, someone stole my Plague, Dad, Allure, and Gale, and part of my extra deck, keeping me from running Machine OTK. On Saturday I came with $5 and entered with:

Monsters - 18

3 Machina Fortress
3 Machina Gearframe
3 Green Gadget
3 Yellow Gadget
3 Red Gadget
2 Machina Force
1 Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind

Spells - 10

3 Smashing Ground
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Giant Trunade
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Book of Moon
1 Limiter Removal

Traps - 16

2 Magic Drain
2 Seven Tools of The Bandit
2 Trap Stun
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 Sakuretsu Armor
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Mirror Force
1 Trap Dustshoot
1 Royal Oppression

Side:

3 Cyber Dragon
2 Consecrated Light
2 Legendary Jujitsu Master
2 Nobleman of Crossout
1 Mind Crush
1 The Transmigration Prophecy
1 Crevice Into the Different Dimension
1 Gorz The Emissary of Darkness
2 Mystery cards that I can't remember.

Extra:

1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1 Magical Android
1 Gaia Knight the Force of Earth
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Scrap Archfiend
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Colossal Fighter
1 Red Dragon Archfiend

Using this deck, I went 4-1 in swiss, losing to the 5-0 in swiss (Dragunities.), and dominated top 8 and top 4, and split 1st. Used the store credit to buy a second Black Rose Dragon, and traded some commons/rares/low-value foils/goat tokens for:

2 Jinzo
1 Returner
2 Gold Sarcophagus
2 Chaos Sorcerer
1 Future Fusion
1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
3 Black Salvo
60 unopened PC green sleeves

More food for thought: I haven't directly spent money on this game since BW won the first YCS/Jump several formats ago and bought an ultra Vayu for $25 to play BW.

Shök

Smash Champion
Pretty much the same deck I'm running. Gadgets are simple, but good, in my opinion.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Budget Gravekeepers:

MONSTERS: 16
3 Gravekeeper's Commandant
3 Gravekeeper's Descendant
3 Gravekeeper's Recruiter
3 Gravekeeper's Spy
2 Gravekeeper's Assailant
1 Spirit Reaper
1 Sangan

SPELLS: 13
3 Necrovalley
3 Gravekeeper's Stele
2 Royal Tribute
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
2 Mystical Space Typhoon/Smashing Ground

TRAPS: 12
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Royal Oppression
1 Mirror Force
3 Dimensional Prison
2 Seven Tools of the Bandit
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device

TOTAL: 41

opinions?

Shök

Smash Champion
Seven Tools seems to be a popular pick, now a days. o:

Looks solid, for me. I like Flamvell Gravekeepers or Black Wing Gravekeepers better, though. :p

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I personally wouldn't use Dimensional Prison, but that's just me.
Also, I think needs more summoning/drawing....

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Do you think Dimensional < Sakuretsu? x)
Actually, I'm fan of preventing monster from being on the field, or prevent them to attack at all rather than activate cards when they attack...
Again, that's just me...

Could you be more specific with your advice, Kyokoro? I quit the game back in the Rescue Cat-era and have only just returned, so I'm not savvy with what cards are actually good now.
I'd wish to, but I'm also a very outdated.
I just taught your deck was too slow (needs more drawing/deck consumption) and had very few monsters (add monsters, support their attack and/or add cards that allows more Special Summons).

Skyson

Smash Ace
I should get YVD, on that note. I'm running Morphtronics at the moment and the Deck cost me all of about $30 to get in full. Lul.

Top Bottom